It Hurts!

New update from genuinely the most amazing webcomic out there
gobolatula.com/ithurts/

Holy fuck how does this cunt do it I was just expecting another ride of emotions and somehow felt it would be fine and I had gotten used to his tricks but holy FUCK that final part absolutely demolished me how does this asshole DO IT

Other urls found in this thread:

gobolatula.com/gd/
gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=462-b-f-f-f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nothin personnel kid

You know, I have to give the modern GG threads on Holla Forums some credit. They stay where they are. You know what's worse, though? The people that would shill their webcomics in every single LOL thread a couple of years back.

NOBODY ON THIS WEBSITE WANTS TO READ YOUR COMIC.

What are you talking about ?..

Why I'm not surprised. Also sage, because fuck you.

Val,

I SWEAR TO GOD

I'm not defending anyone. I genuinely have no idea what is talking about with bringing up GG shit in here.

I just checked; Val IS the shill

Val what the fuck are you doing?

Val, I brought up GG by COMPLETE COINCIDENCE

I just wanted to talk about a webcomic I really like you idiot. Jesus. Go sperg out somewhere else.

val how many cocks do you suck per week.

YOUR TASTE IS SHIT

I'm not samefagging you cunt. That sage comment is my first, this is my second, third will be jammed into your asshole.

Also sage, again.

MY FACE WHEN

I just don't get it. Every time there's someone trying to shill for this comic and posting images from it, it's in the most unnatural way. Are you a fucking bot? Are you people fucking bots?

I dunno man. Maybe you're just reading too much into things.
Why are you even in this thread though? I mean, I'd get it if you had some sort of criticism about the comic itself, but all you're doing is crying "shill." Are we not allowed to talk about the comic or something?

nah i agree with that user youre trying to sound chill n shit but the fucking comic is shit man.

You can go ahead and explain why it's shit instead of being a little bitch about it.
This is Holla Forums.
We discuss this kind of stuff here.
Why exactly are you acting like OH NO THIS SPECIFICALLY KIND OF THING IS NOT ALLOWED AND IT IS SHILLING!
It's a fucking webcomic, what do you want us to discuss, how many pubes Korra has?

It's a good comic to binge read, but now that I'm completel caught up this slow drip of updates with actual content is killing me. I'll probably be putting it down for a few months and get back into it so I can enjoy it at a decent fucking pace.

It starts witha slow drip, then it stops updating at all.

Gobolatula says it's because it's a turning point in the series, meaning big updates.
Todays was ten full pages. That's a big jump from the 4/8 panel format he started with.

We are literally less than a year away from the end and Gob has confirmed that he has no intention of quitting so close. Besides, he has a patreon, meaning he has to or he loses that nice cash flow.

I see what you mean, but I guess that's kinda how most webcomics work. The humor hits right with me though so even just one page every two or three days is good for a fun read.

How do you know ?

Honestly at first I recognized the "oh shit everyone you learned to love is gonna die !" stuff and felt like I'd gotten used to it, but that very last part was hugely unexpected and broke my ass

HOW

Well, I mean, there's not exactly a lot of places to go. I'd give it about that until it wraps up.

Well… I dunno, it looks like it's gonna take us to heaven at some point since that evil thing went through that door or some shit… which implies it'll probably kill everybody in heaven too… I'd say it can go pretty much anywhere.

inb4 it's Jennifer

Massive red flag

This

Really wouldn't be an Holla Forums thread without someone accusing an OP of being a shill, evil halfchan infiltrator or some other type of ne'er-do-well for the crime of liking things.

Color me surprised.

One of my friends in highschool tried to shill this comic to me. I got to the point where the world pretty much ended and I couldnt take it any more. Its just so stupid and random most of the time.

It's started without any explanation and brag about it being "deep" while plastering us with melodramatic scenes without any background story. Pretty much just like DC's Convergence story telling that's also shit.

Oh and fucking sage, print this one it out Val and shove it up your ass you scrotumhead

Literally the first thing I said

The reason I'm still here is because I'm interested in seeing you trying to make excuses for the half-assed shilling that this doesn't seem to deserve.

Look. If you can't draw anyone in the first couple of times you posted it, then you already fucked up shilling. You could be a fan or the creator or whoever. Fucking UNDERTALE has a place on Holla Forums and this doesn't.

Reactions are pretty good.

If we can talk about Batman: Oddessey on here, we can talk about It Hurts!!

That's the author's style. He uses humour through words, mostly. Obscene and absurd dialogue is his thing.
Of course, if you'd read more than four posts you'd realise that.

True, Gobolatula does use a lot of basic expressions, but that's not to say he never uses more complex/subtle ones. Take page 10, panel 8 of this update as an example off the top of my head.
What you have to bare in mind is that this is Gob's first real attempt at a comic and that he is still learning as an artist, hence the dramatic increase in quality since the first few strips.

Shit, someone needs to storytime that again.

it's totally her.

just how bad could it be.

Made me uncomfortable.
Everytime I think its getting worse for the characters, it gets better for them. Everytime I think tings will work out just fine, it gets much much worse.
Do you think the comic is the creator dealing with their own mortality?

"Shit, fuck, wanker! Pleh-pleh, toilet seats!"
I am genius…

That's exactly what hurt me too. I was just expecting things to go "oh well, I guess we're just having a restart at it and then we'll go back and whatever"
and then he just
he fucking took that away
I think the crassness and childishness of everything that goba uses actually participates to making you forget about the awfulness the characters just lived through, and the one they'll have to go through soon

Wait, so what happened?

Every time I see something in the comic that makes me think 'why are they joking', I just remind myself of the comics title.

Stuff

Nobody said you had to like it

Ironic

Ouch

I'm still convinced that this IS a sequel to God Damn, and that's why Pasqualo's life sucks so much. He used to be a badass motherfucker, a normal human who killed himself just so he could punch God in the face as revenge for his goldfish dying, now sentenced to eternal suffering. That's why he's the only one who can remember those who shouldn't exist, that's why he wanted to bang his suddenly hot cyborg mom when she used to be a stupid fat bitch in the previous world. That's why Satan is his bro, and Aurora was sent to make sure his life would get increasingly shittier until he fucked everything up for everyone in every way possible. The only person who hates Pasqualo more than God is his own dad, which is probably why he gets to chill out in heaven instead of being sent to hell like everyone else.

Batman and Robin go to the center of the Earth to ride dinosaurs and help aliens, wizards, and a goblin king stop evil cavemen or some shit. I honestly couldn't understand what was going on near the end, but I think Robin allahu ackbar'd at one point.

Never read God Damn, but it sounds rockin'. How long is it ?

gobolatula.com/gd/
See for yourself, though this knowledge may either enhance or ruin future reveals when it comes out that I WAS RIGHT.

I'm gonna fucking love this, thanks user

Okay that was magical

I think there was a theory floating around at one point that Jen was actually Pasquallo reincarnated in a new universe.
It'd make sense, really. She's doing the same thing over again.

I, personally am a fan of the God Dammit: Rebuild theory, but there's actually more to it than there is on the website. Gob said there was a horribly embarrasing time skip arc, which he refuses to post, so I dunno if it'd still fit.

The fuck
In god damn he kills the two guardians of the door of heaven
if we're to believe it hurts is a "retelling", then that monster that killed tubsy is basically pasqualo from god damn !

WAIT FUCK YOU'RE RIGHT
COULD IT BE POSSIBLE THAT IT'S GD-PASQUALLO ON THE IH UNIVERSE?
WHOA SHIT
MY BRAIN

But it's a woman! I find it easier to believe the Verminous Matron is Jen's reaction to discovering her cuntbag ex-husband is chilling out in heaven where he belongs. At the end of GD, God sends Pasqualo back into the mortal realm, not down to hell.

True, she is a woman. Though, she said right as soon as she got to hell that she'd kill God.

An aspect of old Pasqualo, then, split into two people to try and guarantee that he wouldn't be capable of doing anything. It would further explain why his mom turned into a hot blonde woman instead of being a landwhale.

Yes, the idea/theory is that GD Pasqualo is sent back to Earth and becomes Jennifer.

ITT: autism

Jesus fucking shit it all checks out you niggers

Holy shit this artstyle is complete garbage.

Chapter 100

This thread reeks of cuck/co/.

It gets progressively better over the course of the comic. Most notable jump at 100.

it hurts

God dammit, I just wanted to participate in a nice discussion about one of the few good comics out there. You motherfuckers ruin everything.

Then participate to it instead of being part of the "only halfchan and shills like this comic" brigade. We've been having a great conversation about imagining what could come next.

Amusingly, the art never disturbed me; more than that, it always seem to kind of "fit" the tone of the entire thing. The story, the humor, it all looked like this appearance was… well, perfect for it. Not like great art wouldn't be good, but honestly it immediately gives a specific appeal to how you appreciate it all.
Take onepunch man for example; One, the original author, can't draw shit. He just can't. But he made this dumb webcomic about a guy who's OP in that art, and it got massive attention and following in Japan because it was written brilliantly and it corresponded somehow to the tone of the story. Then a great mangaka asked if he could be the artist for it, and then the tone of the entire story becomes immensely different. Much more tense, in a way.
That's kind of what It hurts goes for I suppose; amazing art would risk feeling like a "waste", or perhaps would outright make the entire thing miss its mark sometimes.

Namefags in a nutshell

Personally I don't get annoyed by it, but it has become rather obvious that the presence of namefags will deteriorate the quality of the threads they're posting in

He doesn't even bother to introduce the webcomic. He went buttmad when people shit on the images he posted because it looks like pretentious bullshit when it was ooc.

Also sage, shit thread is shit.

Yep

I'll make a better one later.

Can't wait

Reading this comic hurts.

I'll wait until this one's dead though.

Also, I just finally understood where that e was coming from.

See you in a few weeks

Yep

that arts pretty wank. Does the writing make up for it?

At the start it was rather obvious the artist didn't care much for the art itself and did a quick shit on a paper because he just wanted to tell jokes; I suppose he realized it would be too similar to his previous comic (posted earlier in the thread, God damn), so he started applying himself more. By now the art is honestly not that terrible, especially some details and the backgrounds which are drawn by a friend of his if I recall. Also, amusingly, the action scenes and the gore are infinitely more efficient and competent than the vast majority of webcomics out there; if you compare those to stuff from Jeph's sad mind, you'll see that Jeph has like fifteen years of "experience" at doing art and is doing action and movement like someone who's barely started, whereas Gobatula manages to make speed, power and pain extremely tangible and cohesive.
Overall, regardless, the strength of it hurts totally lies in its sense of humor, crass and yet very creative, and its plot, which consistently manages to show you a miserable pile of garbage that needs to find himself and completely unexpected and painful moments that just fuck your shit up each time.

To me, the art is exactly as good as it needs to be. It enhances the cartoonish, shitpost-y feeling of the comic. But that's just me.

Also the writing 100% makes up for it.

Rereading the last page, I think those pictures showcase perfectly why It hurts has art that functions so well, tonally.
In the first one, you have Aly who is broken and desperate, and then she kind of "wakes up", and goes back to her usual self, as if nothing had ever happened. The difference in artstyle is obvious and participates greatly to the strong shift between the two states.
In the second pic, it's even reinforced by the fact that the only one aware of what's happened, the one who hasn't forgotten, is the only one still drawn in that specific unique, richer style.
The result is that the reader, since just as aware of what just happened as Pasqualo, is that much closer to the emotions and confusion he is going through. It is an extremely efficient and immediate tool to put the reader in a specific, strong understanding of what's at stake, and also of how different "those who remember" and "those who forget" are.
Amusingly, Pasqualo still being able to remember was already hinted at earlier in the comic, quite subtly though and sounding like it was just a joke or nothing special, as the "troll" in the fifth pic of the OP "disappeared" in just the same way and yet Pasqualo remembered his name or something.

I swear to god it isn't even something complex or immensely original why the fuck does such a silly dumb webcomic manage to understand narrative work in comic-making better than retards like Willis and Jeph who have been at it literally every single day for the past ten years at least I swear to god

So what's the whole plot?

It's in the comic. Just read it. I don't think knowing the plot will help much with deciding whether it's worthwhile to read it, but it could make it less enjoyable.

It's shit.

Its alright at moments

Holy fuck the art reminds me of Family Guy with how the characters are in the same pose every panel.

I don't even feel like arguing now. Just fuck off to the darkest corner of the oven please.
>>>/oven/

Samefagging shills.

I like it and this is my first post in this thread.

I mean, if it were somehow SJW or something at the very least I'd get it, it's Holla Forums after all, but geez…

Anyway, new one
it's not very funny

Just fuck my shit up.

at least katie stayed *right?*

What did just happen, the girls finally accepted Hell or something?

They accepted a long time ago; hell is actually super comfy, especially when you think that you don't have any reason to fear death anymore
Actual spoilers, don't read it if you haven't caught up with the comic : Turns out sadly that "dying again" means entirely disappearing into the void, and your entire existence, including the memories of you, vanish forever and ever as if you'd never existed. The last pic in the OP kind of explains that The hard thing is that for some reason, only Pasqualo seems to remember

This is probably going to go back to him interacting with the space pixie or whatever the fuck she was. Messed with his brains.
Also what got me thinking was that they made a point to show that people remember Peeplops or whatever the little gremlins name was even though he ran into the void and was deconstructed, probably going to be a plot point considering how it was something right out of left field and didn't seem to have much of a purpose at the time.

Exactly. At first it merely seemed like a sily joke but knowing what we now know it actually was part of planning this fucking notion.

haha you are funny

Ah, but they don't remember.

It sure is shilly in here! Brrrrr!

At least try to talk about the comic, please…

Say, I was wondering
so the next plotpoint will be how Pasqualo needs to go to heaven or something, I'm sure; but since that "robot" or some shit that even killed Tubsy is there now, I suppose there'll be angel corpses and shit everywhere.
… is aurora in deep shit as well ? I mean, she DID get demolished by those space rhinos without any difficulty after all… so she's not that invincible…
Is goba taking us on the wild ride there too ?

We didn't need this thread bumped.

Pasquallo is obviously going to heaven and he's gonna kick some serious demon ass. It's inevitable. The Verminous maiden is gonna have their identity reveiled, who we all expect to either be Jennifer or Pasquallo from God Dammit!
As for Auora, I honestly don't know if we'll see her in the same form. That is, if she is in heaven. According to Hell rules, she should be in hell because she's been out in sunlight, if she can even go to Hell, or the afterlife at all.

It's shit!

It's pretty good. High autism levels in this thread, though.

>CRYING

Fuck, now I can't wait to see what heaven is like. Also it's been made clear in one of the joke comics that she goes to heaven anyway, and I'd wager she would've been noticed by pasqualo had she been in hell in the first place.

I wonder what happened to Pasquallo's soul when he died after the Helbeast tore his heart out. There's no question that he died, so did he go to hell? Did his soul not go because he was not destined to die forever then?
Is the Verminous Maiden Pasquallo's soul from back then, gone full Slaanesh Demon Prince on us?

Those are non-cannon, though

So are any children raped in this comic considering that Val likes it?

Val is too retarded to understand that.

Yes

Okay, so that explains why Val likes it. I hope it doesn't influence him to rape more children.

Nobody remembers.
Nobody believes.
Life moves on, except it doesn't.
It really is starting to look like hell.

and It Hurts! is still a shitty webcomic.

No more or less than any other.

Stop bumping this shitty thread.

Bumping just to annoy
He is SO butthurt that people like a webcomic he doesn't like he has to pretend it contains child rape

Why is Goba taking so long to release the next one, by the way ? Usually he makes like two or three a week.

fuck off val

Its fine, this is fine
I'm alright
gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=462-b-f-f-f

xD

Forced drama doesn't make me feel anything other than disgust.

Holy shit those are some awful character designs.

Okay what the fuck
what is going on
why is this happeninggizwp

Fuck I typed the captcha at the end of my post too

bump
I'd let this thread die politely but I'm sure the "stop liking what I don't like" sperg is still there, hoping

Drawfag here…

I came here thinking I'd get someone to persuade me into reading this comic, buts it's shit both comic and thread.

Val, this faggot manchild can't even storytime the thing while giving some good commentary. All the faggot has to do is that, but nooo you had to throw some autistic rant about how YOU love it, and how "good" it looks to YOU. God fucking dammit man you made the thread to give attention to the comic and you FAILED, and I didnt even read it yet AND I might not read it at all!

Fuck this thread, also sage…

Fucking ass wipe

Why would I (or anyone else) storytime a webcomic fully available online without problem ? People don't storytime gunnerkrigg court or questionable content. They just read it and post the newer ones when they come out.
So far the only "autistic rants" have been from you, user. Some people like the webcomic and even enjoy the silly and colorful style; no one is claiming it's the best looking thing, and overall everyone agrees the best parts of it are the humor, the unexpected emotional rollercoasters, and the characters.
There has been a lot of commentary from quite a few anons enjoying it, ranging from discussing the previous comic from the author, the artstyle relevance in both tone and narrative efficiency, and overall comparison to other webcomics in general, for example. There are a lot of other topics available, like discussing the love stories, the characters that haven't been seen in a while, similar comics/mangas/etc. that started from some dude online who couldn't draw that got picked up by someone with a great artstyle (like onepunch man)…
Aside from being mad because you don't want to read something, you could either ignore that thing or simply read it, user. It's a really good, fun, creative and even regularly impressive story of depression, friendship, confidence and the implausible happenstances of life. I didn't make the thread to "sell" it to anyone, or shill it (still have no idea why anyone imagines posting links to a webcomic is "shilling" it), but because I really, really like it and wanted to discuss it with other people who like it, user. That's what's been happening in the thread since then, and it's a nice, comfy, slow thread. There's no more to it and I don't really see the point in trying to argue or fight about it continuously. Just read something else.

OK user. Hope you enjoy the rest of Holla Forums instead of sperging out about the fact that there are comics you're not interested in.

Stop samefagging user, or just go back to halfchan already

Not gonna lie you probably are some manchild, you got really butt hurt over my opinion too kek…

Hey just let this thread die, I'll say this. I read most of it… quick read.

This comic below average… not worth my time. Your a horrible promoter, I hope when I work on something no shit stain like you promotes it.

SAGE.

Best of luck to this comic writer though, he'll do better.

user, no one tried to "promote" the comic. I'm sorry it wasn't to your taste but I hope you find something you appreciate more. No one is "butt hurt". You're allowed to dislike stuff. Just try not to spend days and days crying about it next time, user. That'd be most appreciated from people who do enjoy it.
I feel you're openly unfair with both the art and the story, by ignoring the tone that openly acts vulgar and crazy and shouldn't be taken like something serious (of course characters chance quickly, that's part of the deal), and that participates to the strong feeling of surprise and shock when all of a sudden you're shown grave and gruesome consequences of silly, if not outright dumb things.
The space rhino thing also lasts like one page too. That doesn't really sound like there's much of an actual appeal. Did you actually read the comic, or just browsed through a few random ones ?
Just curious, you're saying you're a drawfag and are implying you have "friendly superior advice" to give him, what have you made ?
The thread seems to have been bumplocked anyway so it's fine.

As for art I ain't yusuke marata, but i aspire to become "good".
To be honest man no one is the best artist, like i said before the guy that draws "It Hurts" does "look" like he actually tries.

Like you said he does improves Color wise and somewhat character design wise. He's backgrounds are still shit, not gonna lie.

Dude be you alright, if you want my OPINION this comic looks mediocre.
It's your taste and my opinion.

and even I think my SHIT is fucking terrible!

Well your stuff's not half bad at all user ! Bu as several people discussed in the thread, I don't think Gobatula is trying to do anything amazing in the slightest. He has impressive understanding of tonal and color visual work, in the sense that he's able to tell a story better through the use of colors and aesthetics; but no one ever, and probably not him, would ever dare imagine seeing him become a master of art.
Again, look up ONE, the original creator of OnePunch Man. He started as a webcomic creator comparable to what gobatula himself is doing, and his stories were so thoroughly great that an insanely talented artist contacted him and asked him to illustrate his work. In my eyes it's something extremely similar, except that gobatula still hasn't been contacted by anyone yet. I'm still convinced the humor, the story and the emotions definitely deserve such recognition.

Again I read ONE's story before Yusuke redid he's work in a fair more visually appealing fashion, BUT ONE will always have his unique art style that strikes anyone who see's it… but hell stories like these still have flaws…

"It Hurts"has a style but its not unique… hell not even the writing to me seems less unique than your average "hey look wacky shit but also sad shit" comic. its like watching a comic where everyone "tries" to be as wacky and depressing as deadpool then fucking falls flat on there face narrative wise, to me the main two characters are the only characters I remember half the time… not that they hog up the story , but you see them so often taking attention away from the others the background characters are just become cardboard cut outs.

Again I'm me and you be you.

But I plan on being better than "this hurts to read", story wise and DEFINITELY art wise. Again good luck to this guy ans his comic at least he's putting out shit people like right?

But I'm no fan, too bad…

-_-

just fucking get out

Okay fuck off, not taking you seriously anymore. Calling ONE's art style "unique" "that strikes anyone who sees it"… you've gotta be fucking pulling my leg.
So, yeah, fuck off. You're obviously just pretending to know what you're talking about, faggot.

The thread's not bumping anymore, user, you don't need to sage. That also means you're allowed to stop crying.

=O

This was a shit thread, glad to see it go.