Install Newbuntu Because its the only fucking Linux distro that just werkz with my wifi on my laptop

>Install Newbuntu Because its the only fucking Linux distro that just werkz with my wifi on my laptop
How did they fuck up this bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/tech/chrome.html
wiki.debian.org/Iceweasel
pcworld.com/article/3036509/linux/iceweasel-will-be-renamed-firefox-as-relations-between-debian-and-mozilla-thaw.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Retard

I don't know what is the model of the wifi in your laptop, but you can install the proprietary driver in like, every distro. connect with an ethernet cable just to download it and you're done.

This Ubuntu Software Center have been always like that. That's why they will now use a fork of Gnome Software.

Been there. I hope you've at least switched to xfce.
That's a huge mistake tbqh, fam.
Werkz pretty fast on my machine(tm) :^) Takes 6s to load.

I personally use it rarely to view software license or search for software in a specific category.
Either way, your whining changes nothing and you have a better cli alternative. If you can improve its performance - go on, otherwise it's just a shitpost.

Try Mint, it will probably work too since is derived from Ubuntu.

dang dude fuggen ubuntu
you can also use debian, it's very comfortable

8ch.net/tech/chrome.html

wew

Didn't the Chromium devs remove the telementary shit because the Debian devs were threatening to drop it from the repos? Also
wew

I wonder why there isn't Firefox. Yes, they have botnet features enabled and it takes few minutes to disable them all, but it seems much better from functionality and privacy view, if we can talk about privacy on clean net, than midori to me.

/thread

normally I say this but with Ian suiciding by cop 3 times to the back of the head after falling down some stairs and seeing how packages like openvpn and coreutils are old as fuck, Debian seems a bit sketchy these days.

Install wpa_supplicant and dhcpcd you dumb fuck

Had no idea about that. It might be an outdated page... And yeah, those alternatives suck.

I bet it's because Firefox is SJW or some shit.

Debian's always had a hard-on for older (stabler) packages, but Ian's circumstances are spooky.

They make a good case that if you care about your freedoms you should avoid any fork of chrome as well. You can remove a little botnet, but you will never totally remove it since it is designed as a botnet.

My first distro was ubuntu 12.04 and software center was slow but i could install everything from it without problems... People dont know how to write good GUI frontends, anyway i am using PlayOnLinux for about 4 years and its working awesome everytime.

Still waiting for emacs to get a desktop environment that I can run emacs in.

This. I want to know if this is still in Chromium (apparently it would happen whenever you open up the browser). The other known issues seemed to have been cleared up by now, thanks Debian.

Doesn't chromium rely on proprietary libraries?

that has to be the dumbest argument for outdated encryption software I have ever read. OpenVPN should always be the latest, they don't add shit out of boredom or out of some autistic forum war regarding gui interface.

I don't think so, you can still use it without non-free software. I think debian forks it and modifies it as well

Doubt it. Debian even sold out and replaced Iceweasel with Firefox + Pocketâ„¢

wiki.debian.org/Iceweasel
There's a lot of faggotry going on that seems unnoticed.

ubuntu, and debian, have always been utter garbage

wasn't iceweasel just a shit fork of firefox with logos replaced?
even then it's just pocket. it's bloat for sure, but it's optional

more like a de-shitted fork that coincidentally got reverted to SJWFox after Ian got killed.

This was called. By the way, Iceweasel was shitty for being barely compatible with add-ons, which is the lifeblood of Firefox. Just about:config the shit you don't like out yourself. It's not that hard.

Don't expect an actual answer to this, next will be "Muh Google".

retard

KDE Discover works just fine.
Software Center has always gotten stuck loading for me.

I have no idea why people don't use KDE more, I have way less headaches than Gnome.

It's because of trademarking issues. You cannot redistribute binaries of Firefox with Firefox branding if you are not Mozilla. Iceweasel exists for that reason, it's just a rebranded Firefox.

For the last time, they did more than "rebrand" it. Debian wanted to make changes to the Firefox binaries in their repository (not just redistribute them), but Mozilla didn't approve. The Firefox trademark and artwork denotes official builds, while Debian was practically forking it from the get-go.

The fuck are you thinking?
Don't be retard.

Kde Discover is bullshit, not even search works.

Debian wanted to backport security updates to older versions of Firefox and distribute the result under the Firefox brand. Originally, Mozilla objected to this practice.

pcworld.com/article/3036509/linux/iceweasel-will-be-renamed-firefox-as-relations-between-debian-and-mozilla-thaw.html