Post yfw you realize that the reason why Elrond didn't throw Isildur into the fire, because:

But anyway, this is just a THEORY! ;D

It's because he was an Elven cuck. Oooo we live long too bad we're garbage at everything, feel bad for us.

post yfw Numenorians are technically while not being elves still much higher on the power tier scale than Elves

The method and reason by which you obtain the ring, have an effect on its power over you.

explain, friend

Read the second chapter of FOTR.

I like you really much right now, you know that, user?

That guy looks pretty smug.

Isildur was his pal, his army was right there and Elrond didn't actually know Sauron would necessarily come and propably deep down wanted to preserve the One Ring so the Elven rings would still keep the elven retirement home business afloat.

or maybe Eldornd didn't want to kill his great-great-…-nephew
because family and shit

Do Elves place greater value on such extended family relations?
This is pretty much how any Noble in Christian Medieveal Europe was related to each other and it never stopped them from going to war.

Yeah, elfboys are pussies
That's why elven girls can't resist the Big Human Cock

Sauron on the inside is actually a very loyal, but clumsy femboy for the love of his life Melkor.

It really shows that he still loves him, because even when he was for all intents and purposes gone, he still created a religion with him as the Deity and not him.

Greatest Love Story never told. ;__;

In my head I like to imagine that Viggo railed Liv Tyler frequently.

IIRC Bilbo and Frodo were sort of furtive because of the conditions under which they got the ring. Frodo knew it was to be kept secret, and Bilbo learned it should be kept secret shortly after getting it because he bumps into Gollum not long after obtaining it I think. So it's power manifests as invisibility for them whereas for others it might be hella strength or whatever.

I think you are wrong.

First of all the Ring for its time with Bilbo was idle and didn't want to be reunited with his master Sauron, because Mordor wasn't ready for war yet.

Secondly Invisibility is not a "superpower" that is gained by using the ring. It transports simple beings like Hobbits just into the Spirit Realm and a side effect of that is invisibility.

Also it's not the only power even Hobbits have access to, because Frodo uses the Ring to dominate Gollum and makes him swear to help him on it. He even tells him that he should throw himself down Mount Doom if he was ever to harm him again, so in actual fact Gollum falling down Mount Doom was not a simple accident.

Didn't Tolkien claim E-u did it, even though from the text it seems abundantly clear Frodo used the Ring to curse/bind Gollum to jump into the lava?

Curiously I only hear that supposedly Tolkien said that from people who probably never read the books or only once and don't mention what we just mentioned in conjuction with their Eru did it claim.

Elrond is son of Earendil(half elf) and every offspring of Earendil could choose if he will be elf or man. If the person chooses to be man, all of his offsprings are man. If that person chooses to be elf, his offsprings can make that choice.
Earendil had two sons - Elrond and Elros (the first king of numenor). At the start of Numenor numenorians had great relationship with elves. Numenorians have extended live (hundreads of years) but are mortal. As time progressed they started to envy elves immortality. Than Sauron came and manipulated numenorians to worship Melkor (evil god, master of Sauron). So other gods decidet to sunk the island numenorians inhabited and allowed to live only those that did not worship Melkor (Elendil).
In conclusion i think that Elrond the Half-elf of all elves has the closest relationship with mankind and Elendil heirs.

Elrond was very old as an Elf, but he was far from the most powerful. Since he was capped at Level 10, and we know the top-tier Elves were long dead by his time, he was probably at best Level 10 (Attack Rank G), whereas Isildur was around Level 16 (having most certainly advanced a level during the battle from defeating Sauron in single combat!). Though combatwise they may have been nearly matched, the difference was in HP, as Isildur had both had the ring (countering the magical advantages Elrond had) and a solid 25% higher HP pool.

shit son aragorn has 25% higher HP
imagine what isildur had over elrond

Later during the "Last war ever" when Melkor and his bf Sauron come back, do you think that Sauron will use his body which was sunken together with Numenor in any way? Could he use it as a powerup to be a pretty elf boi for Melkor again?

I mean the Last War also supposedly will resurrect the old Numenorian Kings/make them into spoopy undead Knights.

Just wondering and what do you think about a game including Saruon's sunken body as an evil artifact or plot point?

The "Eru did it" thing is in Tolkien's letters, which is pretty weird. Maybe Tolkien felt Frodo doing magic wasn't proper, but divine intervention is pretty lame when there wass no need for it.

Sauron's own power destroying himself seems much better than lol god.

Aragorn actually should have even more, since he was Traveling Fighter who immediately became a king, rather than going through the normal steps of domain play. He was most certainly in the 30s for his level, and probably the single highest level human in Middle Earth as a result of his vast experience acquired over the course of the War.

HP then wouldn't be a mere 25%, but perhaps as much as 33% or 40% greater, as a result of acquired points for advancement!

But Magic is a pretty common occurance in Lord of the Rings. It's pretty woven in with natural ability such as "leading" other people. I know for a fact that Bilbo and the Dwarves were able to use magic and relatively sure that also Frodo and the other Hobbits used some spell.

If you want to know, Bilbo and the Dwarves used some treasure hiding spell when they buried their tresure to keep it hidden.

Also "Construction Magic" seems extremely common in Middle Earth.

during lotr i think hes 80 at least
we know this because he tells Eowyn that he was serving/hunting with Theoden grandfather

or maybe Eru is an autist for the rules and forced Gollum to fall down, even though he was in possession of the ring again which made Frodo's command no longer valid

but Eru still enforced it, because he swore and all that

The level cap is 36, user. No matter how old you are.

In place of magic I meant to mean the sorcery of the Enemy. I guess that would go against the idea that you can't fight evil with evil if you used the Ring to destroy itself.

what do you think about this:

I mean it would make sense to no longer be bind by a command if you are in possession of the ring.

Elrond couldn't go near the ring because he knew he'd use it. That isn't said in the movies but it's stated in the books as to why Frodo holds the ring and not someone powerful.

in the movies we have that scene with Gandalf refusing to take the ring because he would become the next dark lord

Makes sense, though a curse that is intended to punish someone should continue carrying out the punishment nevertheless for maximum drama. "Touch me and die, unless you touch me quick enough to steal this Ring" sounds pretty useless.

I was just trying to combine both Frodo's curse and the Eru Claim, user.

And I'm not saying you are wrong, only that I disagree with Tolkien on the necessity of divine intervention in the particular event. And Eru's direct involvement isn't stated in the book itself, so I'm really complaining about nothing.

Isn't Aragorn part Elf? He's supposed to be in his 80s during the events of LotR, isn't he?

see

Aragorn is offspring of Earendil

It makes sense, in the LotR universe, where words and oaths have tremendous power, that Gollum would have died because he broke his oath to Frodo.

Frodo himself was able to tap on some sort of power when he called for Elbereth while trying to defend himself from the Witch-King at Weathertop.

He also specifically asks Galadriel why couldn't he listen to the other Ring-bearers' thoughts (a power that they knew the One Ring had), and she said the only reason was because he hadn't tried yet; but if he tried, he would be consumed by the need to learn more about the Ring's powers, and be corrupted. Hobbits were resistant to the Ring's corrupting influence because they didn't have the ambition or the need to learn anything about its powers; to both Gollum and Bilbo, being invisible (a mere side-effect of the Ring's power) was enough. That also saved Sam from being corrupted, because although he needed the power to save Frodo and depose Sauron and turn Mordor into a garden, he lacked the ambition to do so, since he was just a commonfolk, simpleton gardener.

Elrond knew fully well, if he would kill Isildur and pick up the ring, he'd fail at throwing it in, too, and look like a total mook to the world. He'd rather walk away and ramble something about the weakness of humans a thousand years later.

there is no way that Elrond would be able to even kill Isildur, bro

This was a good thread.