I want to read the systemd code to end up this battle in my head whether it is all bad as you guys says or not...

I want to read the systemd code to end up this battle in my head whether it is all bad as you guys says or not. The problem is I don't know in which part I start. So, where do I begin?

Other urls found in this thread:

logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/49/Argument-by-Repetition
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Start with a certain patch released ca 2020, you know, that one with the crytpic call-back function, but the code has become so bloated that no-one knows why it's there but don't have time to think about it because there's so much other clusterfuckery going on in the massive code base.

That one.

it's like half a million lines of clusterfuck, good luck

Good Luck, be sure to have a doctor on standby just in case.

You're a drooling moron who can't read or develop with C anyways, but don't worry: you're in good company.
Because all of the other autistic, roleplaying morons also couldn't hack it at anything beyond their copy-pasted fizzbuzz either.
If you can't figure out where to start, or even what the structure is, or think that the codebase is a clusterfuck at first glance, you obviously don't know what you are talking about and are just raging to hide your incompetence. Glad I could help.

You dont need to read the code to comprehend its utter trash, you little larper faggot.
For the simple fact that the logs are written in binary you can schedule systemd as something its better if not used. Also, RedHat is literally not much different from every jew-lead company in Silicon Valley

Just try OpenRC for like a week and observe how much better it works than systemdicks.

You can turn off binary logging. Not all systemd development comes from Red Hat, and a lot of Linux kernel development comes from Red Hat so if using systemd is even an option it's already too late if your standards are consistent.

You know, I didn't believe the conspiracy theory that the big players in Holla Forums were going to destroy FOSS projects from the inside. But things like systemd and the shills that always come out to defend it made me think again. It's obvious at this point. I don't need to see any code to know systemd is a bad fucking idea.

The thing is, if you turn off binary logging there's no chance that it's secretly still enabled, and if you don't give a shit about binary logging it probably genuinely doesn't affect you, unlike telemetry. Binary logging is just a suboptimal design decision, not even on the same level as telemetry.
Being directly responsible for something around a tenth of the contributions to the Linux kernel is very different from sponsoring FOSS projects.
Are you literally saying you don't trust systemd because there are people who like it? Would it be better if nobody ever said anything positive about it?

yes

No, I'm saying I don't trust systemd because it's maintained by someone with a track record for begin
Along with the fact that systemd

I could give more reasons but you won't argue the points and will instead call me paranoid and once that fails you'll just say I'm a faggot. GNU/Linux is about choice, forks are okay, using different software is okay, taking software and making it better is okay. Why is it that systemd fags are the only ones opposed to these fundamentals? Why are smart users that know it's a bad idea and that its quick and widespread adoption was strange are the ones begin shouted at for not wanting to go a long? It's almost as if someone wasn't good enough to write their own OS so they attempted to take over control of the project through other means. Just like the Pulseaudio situation, hmmm who released that piece of shit again? Oh yea, same guy that came up with systemd.

Be honest, how much do they pay you guys?

Shills are sent out to manufacture conspiracy about systemd to deligitimize actual software conspiracies. SystemD conspiracy theorists are no better than Flat Earthers or Area 51 fags at this point

Those are some pretty good points, desu

There's an entire systemd thread where criticisms of systemd have been hashed out for you, issues with systemd and its developers are detailed constantly, even in this thread concerns and criticisms are detailed, and all you can do is whine that they're just conspiritards. That's your answer. Sticking fingers in your ears and yelling that everyone who disagrees with you is just crazy. At this stage you're only proving that you're a dishonest and nonconstructive poster more interested in shitting up any opinions he can't abide than having a genuine conversation on the many problems surrounding systemd.

Also your post reads like a goddamn shill, honestly. Between the total lack of evidence, the "trust me honest, everyone who disagrees with me is just crazy" spin, and the tryhard attempt at fitting in, you don't come across as having any sincere interest in telling your side of the issue and having an honest discussion. Instead, you come across as having an agenda and being willing to distort and stifle any opinions that run contrary to your positions.

Concluded the same thing a while ago.
You earned my respect user.

I love how your go to example is an old meme that suddenly gained popularity again a few years ago. At one time you couldn't go anywhere without seeing that flat-earth shit. 8/pol/ was hit especially hard once it started effecting events on the global scale. There were a torrent of videos uploaded to youtube about it around the same time. Also, despite the effort to make it look like a thing it was obvious most that were shilling it weren't even trying. Next time try using an example that isn't well known as an attempt to de-legitimize things that have hard evidence supporting them.

Once again you won't argue on points. Thus your posts are useless and do nothing to defend the honor of systemd. I also enjoy how you've said that everyone that doesn't use it is just a shill or crazy. Which is it? Are you saying they're both conspirtards but also under the employment of an organization attempting to push an agenda? Doesn't that sound like something conspritards would only participate in to infiltrate the organization to gather information and expose it? You're out of arguments friend. I suspect you will abandon this thread now hoping it falls off the front page. You're probably in another thread right now spreading the good word of systemd.

Scroll up like 3 posts higher than mine or go to the systemd thread by some other shill dude. Either you have an incredibly awful memory and bad attention-span or you're just being very selective in what you choose to respond to. Now stop acting retarded.

Disagreements about architectural design isn't the same as promoting conspiracy to hurt the community. People are actually arguing that systemd is a conspiracy to hurt the Linux community. Stallman doesn't believe there's anything wrong with systemd on the basis that it is licensed under GPLv3. I agree with him, the GPL means everybody is allowed to fork it and change it at any time.

Okay, that's a nice backpedal from blatantly misrepresenting the position of systemd critics to a mere red herring fallacy. Feel free to respond to the points raised in this thread instead though.

You're way too new here if you think this kind of shit holds water. Also, scroll up.

logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/49/Argument-by-Repetition

What is this, an "appeal to Stallman" fallacy? Look pal, wrapping bad software in a good license doesn't make it good software anymore than putting a totalitarian asshole of a candidate in a democracy makes him a better person.

One of these days you might want to try actual responding to criticisms instead of relentlessly trying to misrepresent and downplay everyone who criticizes systemd. Now feel free to look up the strawman fallacy and poisoning the well fallacy, since you seem to be going for both of them.

I am not using strawmen. This entire thread is self-evident. Have a nice day

What's the logical fallacy when you don't know what you are talking about so you just scream logical fallacy all the time? You retards are very good at it.

If you really want to move the goalpost, then you're thinking of the fallacy fallacy. Everyone else in this thread, however, is making arguments by assertion. Have a nice day

Let me get this straight. After trying to smear everyone who criticized systemd, you're now trying to play at civility and indignation for a moral high ground? Do you think everyone here has a bad attention-span or something?

No, that's wrong. The fallacy fallacy is when you think that just because the reasoning is fallacious the conclusion must be incorrect. For instance, let's say I have a pet parrot...

A) I say, "All parrots can speak. And my pet bird can speak. Therefore, it's a parrot."
B) You point out I was committing a fallacy of affirming the consequent.
C) ...So you conclude my bird wasn't a parrot.

Except in this case my bird was a parrot. Disproving the logic doesn't mean you can just rule out the conclusion. So you committed the fallacy of thinking that just because my reasoning employed a fallacy, my conclusion had to be wrong also. And that is what we call the fallacy fallacy.

Nice try faggot, what he actually said was

Which is text book Stallman.

This isn't leddit, either provide an argument or GTFO. It's obvious you don't have one since you continue to avoid acknowledging anything said about systemd here. The burden of proof is on you.

Binary logging is actually an optimal design decision, retards whining about corruption don't know what they're talking about, because in the case where a binary log is COMPLETELY CORRUPTED, the text (or god forbid, the gunzipped) log would also be unrecoverable.

Also, if you are worried about log corruption, and don't do centralized log management, disk corruption is the least of your worries.

Also this gave me a chuckle

lmao

DID U KNO
GUYS
DID U KNO THAT YOUR LOGS ARE BINARY WHEN THEY GET
WHEN YOUR LOGS GET ROTATED
WOW HOLY SHIT STOP THE PRESSES
I'M GONNA BLOW YOUR MIND
DID YOU KNO THAT LOGS ARE WRITTEN IN BINARY
ON THE DISK

This board really has turned to shit, it's no-effort shitposters anymore.

Area 51/ayylium fags are stupid, but only because they're basically pawns of the Air Force's experiments in misinformation. What the Air Force really does is just simply test drones, jets, and use silent and fast helicopter designs with trippy lights on them to mutilate cattle, pull out their lymph nodes and check for radiation exposure.