NATO GOES FULL RETARD

NATO’s Baltic Deterrent Force to Be in Place by May 2017

Multinational force of up to 4,000 personnel aimed at deterring Russian aggression in the region

The new allied deterrent force for the Baltic region will be in place by May 2017, with some units arriving earlier, the head of the Western alliance’s military committee said Sunday.

Military leaders from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, gathering in Split, Croatia, this weekend, discussed the deployment of the force of up to 4,000 personnel, its rules of engagement, and its command and control.

Czech Army Gen. Petr Pavel, who leads the NATO military committee, said the battle groups will be arriving at different times in the first half of 2017. The U.S. force, of about 1,000 soldiers, will come from the 2nd Cavalry Regiment based in Vilseck, Germany, and is due to arrive in Poland by April, U.S. officials said.

In its July summit in Warsaw, NATO approved a new multinational force to be stationed in Poland and the Baltic states, aimed at deterring Russian aggression in the region. Eastern European allies have been worried about the possibility of a rising threat from Russia since Moscow annexed Crimea from Ukraine in 2014.

In Croatia, the NATO chiefs of defense—including the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, U.S. Marine Gen. Joseph Dunford—discussed the rules of engagement the force would operate under. The rules will differ by each country, reflecting differences in the situation and agreements with the host nations.

While Gen. Pavel wouldn't outline the rules, he said they would be altered from those the current international forces in the region are operating under, designed to allow the new NATO forces to move from a peacetime footing to a crisis situation rapidly.

“With these four battle groups, we are not talking about exclusively about a training presence,” he said. “This force is to serve as a deterrent and if necessary as a fighting force. The rules will be different.”

Some of the troops participating in the deterrent force—both from the NATO contributing countries and the host nations—have been training at the U.S. Army facility in Grafenwoehr, Germany. Forces have been dusting off Cold War-era knowledge about defenses, as well as studying the electronic warfare techniques used by Russian-backed forces in Ukraine.

NATO military leaders will present proposals for the command of the new units at a gathering of alliance defense ministers in October, Gen. Pavel said.

Gen. Pavel said the new NATO force in the Baltic is likely to be overseen by a Polish division headquarters that is supplemented by international officers. U.S. Army Gen. Curtis Scaparrotti, the top NATO commander, will have ultimate control of the new NATO force.

In addition to the U.S. battalion in Poland, Germany will send forces to Lithuania, Canada will send troops to Latvia and the British will have a battle group in Estonia. Other nations, including Norway, Denmark and France are supplementing those forces.

“There are many strands of work,” Gen. Pavel said. “We are trying to come up with the big picture so we are assured the measures we are taking are well coordinated, mutually supportive and we are not working in different directions.”

archive.fo/7xIlm

I have specifically asked this not to happen

t. Putin

WE WWIII NOW

Can you say, false flag?

Boys, how can we meme that Jews want to start WWIII ??
I'm not the best at memetic warfare. I just study things…
Can we get 4pol on this? They have more manpower for this.

Speaking of Crimea, is there anyone who has a good redpill article or video on the Ukrainian revolution and the Russian annexation of Crimea?

So, is this when they plan to get things rolling towards open war if they don't get their way with the election, or does the right hand not know what the left is doing and its all one big expensive facade?

Speaking of Crimea, I have a hard time 95%+ of those voted in the referendum actually were for being annexed by Russia.

I mean, that kind of figure is in the realm of The Totally Democratic Peoples Republic of North Korea's election results. If you're going to fabricate results, at least do something believable, like 65% in favour.

Jesus christ Trump needs to get in ASAP.

They didnt want the faggotry of the west. Non-brainwashed people hate faggots.

(checked)
Can confirm–nice little old lady I help with chores turns into the most hateful woman on earth when queers are brought up.

I'm beginning to think Threads was more of a macabre blueprint rather than anti-nuclear war propaganda. We truly do have some sick fucks running this world.

I'm sure Pootz is quivering with fear.

It's part of a gradual build up, and the Russians have warned that shit like stationing forces on the border is a "we have to react" situation

It's to ensure NATO countries keep their word and remain within NATO's sphere of influence. Insurance against Eastern European countries taking up more independent foreign policies. Those troops could be used to quell a right-wing nationalist coup. If the governments they overthrow ask for foreign help, it's all legal and looks good in the eyes of the international community. It's the Roman auxiliary system basically.

They're not there to fight Russia directly. They're there for domestic suppression. Anyway, Russia isn't going to invade conventionally. But they might help local separatists if they're anti-NATO and pro-Russia, like what happened in Ukraine and Crimea.

Yeah, i know that lady and she says that Baltic states don't even need an army becouse getting anexed by Russia is the best and everyone should do it.

BASED NATO

> All US forces/support switch sides

We all know it's probably going to come down to America/Russia/Canada vs a Communist/Islamic Europe, may as well draw the battle lines now.

Fuck, I meant America/Russia/England. My brain is not working this morning.

I mean, obviously it would be NICE if Canada was on the winning team, especially since President Trump could use our oil as a way to avoid giving money to muslims.

But I'm sadly aware that Current Year Man will probably want to join the Caliphate instead because so progressive!

THE STROGK INDEPENDENT WYMAN BETTER HURRY UP AND SIGN THEM DRAFT CARDS

The only thing they'll be doing is providing an airbase for US planes after the US overthrows the Caliphate there

It takes 4 years to put together a regiment? The germans must have finally found enough MG42s to replace the broomstick turrets.