JOJO's bizarre adventure general

Now that the dust has settled. What was right and what was wrong about DiU?

Other urls found in this thread:

some-stuffs.com/index.php/topic,108.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can't believe it's actually over.

Pointlessly censored subs, shitty blackout censorship, repulsive and inaccurate art style, retarded color choices, no teaser for part 5, mediocre OPs at best

The decision to change the timing of the Cinderella chapter made more sense than in the manga, better pacing for the Quiet Life stuff afterwards

We need more JoJo done in the style of comic covers.

Explain. The colors were beautiful

Yeah, it's perfect for this board.

If they actually selling Jojo with this kind of cover I will buy them, ALL the variant covers.

The Polnareff cover is brilliant. Where did you get these?

Twitter

…Damn, the den of evil. Or is that Tumblr?

Congratulations, JoJo! Despite some controversy, you have been voted the best Holla Forums show of 2016 and have won the 8/co/ Annie Award!

tumblr is just shit. twitter is great because it's shit.

Neo Nazi's, black supremacists, ISIS. It's pretty great.

And I thought the chans were the internet hive of scum and villainy…boy am I wrong.

They are. There just happens to be a large Chan presence on twitter.

Cheap animation at times. Like Motion Comic level bad. Repeating animations. No flow of actions most of the time leading to characters jumping around. That's more of an issue of the anime as a whole. Araki drops too many story ideas in favor of Kira stuff. I didn't feel like I got to know Josuke enough. KOICHI TALKS TOO MUCH! WE DON'T NEED COMMENTARY OF THINGS HAPPENING RIGHT IN FRONT OF US! Pointless censoring. Especially with subs. Senile Joseph….

Music was great. Voices were on point. Artstyle didn't go through the awkward ugly period like the manga did. Kira was a simple villain that was less cartoony and more genuine real world evil. Lots of great stands. Rohan gets his shit beat in by Josuke. Josuke and Okuyasu bromance. Koichi's evolving stand. Koichi's serious hair. Jotaro felt more like an actual character.

All in all I enjoyed this part and consider it one of the best I've seen. I just wish they had a higher budget and would learn that everything and everyone doesn't need to just stand around during dialogue. I look forward to seeing what they do with Part 5. Especially since I can't read the manga without getting dizzy. Seriously, I can't focus on anything. Araki's art is all over the place.

That picture just reminded me to inform you all the Jojo's broader fanbase will officially become unbearably cancerous once they get around to Part 6, and then its image will sour into "shit series" upon the adaptation and wider knowledge of part 8.

Part 6 does too much wrong for the better people to stick around with it, and Part 8 is trash.

But user..we must have Koichi commentate on things. He's like the Speedwagon of Part 4.

I thought people liked Part 6?

It was fine then but it's annoying when there's a character who does it every series.

It's not bad. Certainly not up to par though. It and the latter parts of Part 5 are where Araki starts slipping in both his story-telling and his artstyle. Some parts of Part 6 are cool like the Plankton stand and Enrico Pucci, but they do some unforgivable shit. They completely disregard DIO's character, they break all the fucking rules for Stands, and a lot of it is blatantly incoherent. Part 7 is better than Part 6 but worse in a few ways, while Part 8 is just shit.

Ah. Part 5 is where he slips in the later parts, Part 6 is where he loses it, Part 7 is where he get a little better, but Part 8 is when it goes to shit. That right? I mean I knew Part 8 was a clusterfuck of nonsense but I was hoping Part 6 would be good.

That's right. You can still enjoy Part 6, it just doesn't feel like JoJo at that point and you'll find yourself annoyed because half the stands shouldn't exist by Araki's own rules.

And Araki sort off drops the ball with Bohemian Rhapsody. Seriously, a Stand that can call forth any fictional characters? That's main villain tier right there.

Well damn. Now I'm disappointed. I feel like my enjoyment of the series is fading away. Guess this is just what happens to most writers that go on for too long.

Bohemian Rhapsody is way too powerful. Stands are supposed to have balanced range and power, but Bohemian Rhapsody brought fucking Goku, Kenshiro and Bugs Bunny to life. Canonically it did those things. Way too much power.
Pucci's stand also breaks the rule of "one stand per person" since he puts two stands into Emporio.

Don't be though. Part 8's got this thrilling mystery that gets you hooked for awhile.

Don't let me ruin it for you, read the chapters if you want to get a good feel out of it. Decide for yourself, don't let me destroy your enjoyment of something you like.

Don't lie to the poor lad. Part 8 has no direction. Nothing happens and even when the answer to the mystery is revealed, nothing still happens. Part 8 is just plain boring: There's no goal, no motivation, no villain and no interesting characters or stands. It feels like an entire Part full of filler.

It's been going on for like 6 years now though. Isn't there still no clear villain or end goal? Part 8 sounds horribly stretched out and pointless like every other generic shonen.

I'm not like super obsessed with the series but Part 2, 4, and what I've read from Part 5 were pretty good reads. I'm disappointed but a little unsurprised the series takes a nosedive in later parts. But if Part 7 is good then maybe I don't have to give up on the series just yet. I just get real depressed when something I enjoyed has hard blatant flaws like that.

Good job /jojo/ fuck those potatohead niggers, Jojo greatest western comic.

6 years because of the bloody hiatus. Since Araki's not doing weekly anymore, Part 8's pace is…about as fast as a snail on molasses.

Oh boy. Least it's not Berserk levels yet.

One thing I hated was Hayato. Annoying character, wierd character

More like lack of direction. They give Yoshikage Kira flowing Saiyan hair, and completely fuck up Kira Kuin's appearance straight from the drawing board.

Let's not forget their skewed priorities on detail, like the Ratt fight, and Rio's panties sitting on a bush, just before the final fight.

The problem here is that Japan cannot afford to animate its own products, anymore, and must rely on foreign labour from across the Yellow Sea, for work, and as we all know, Korea is basically an eastern China that still believes in the old saying "you get what you paid for".

It's useless.

Grey haired Koichi, Gangurokuyasu, piss skies, green roads, etc. It was fucking ugly.

So basically blame Korea?

Japan is the epitome of high quality products while Korea is like this guy next door who make similar goods but with lower quality but they still yell "We make good shit!"

Seriously, I don't buy Samsung or LG TV anymore. They are shit.

Hey the other guy said it first. I was just confirming it.

Whomever could he held responsible for this current state of affairs under our current global economic crisis?

It's a mystery.

At least his opinion is more forgivable. You're all-out saying that everything after 4 is shit compared to earlier stands.
Though they're a fucking dumb faggot for trying to say that Araki's artstyle 'slips' part 5 and later. It gets better with time. And by 7 it's perfect. And hell, I'd say people wouldn't even be bitching about 8 being shit if it were completed. People are only whining because it's taking so long to continue on.

I mean parts.
Fuck.

Never said that. Part 5 was pretty good but I only read up to King Crimson. Part 7 looks neat and the best art wise but I haven't read it yet. But from what the other user said about 6 and what I already know about 8 I can only give those two parts low ratings.

Stardust Crusaders and Vento Aureo are the most iconic parts for a reason, you know. It's reasons like that which make Phantom Blood and Stone Ocean less important to the fandom, other than for the sake of the plot's importance to the series.

Call yourself "patrician" all you like, but it's shonen. Nothing can change that.

Yeah, you really do have a medical disorder.
I'd generally rate 'em like this:
7 > 4 > 2 > 6 > 8 > 3 > 1 > 5

It's acknowledged by nearly everyone as the worst part, user. What the fuck are you talking about?

Phantom Blood's popular in Japan too. Jap's just love the villain of the week sort of thing.

Such shit taste.

Gio is a secondary character in his own part. You can't give a shit about the story, and the only character who's interesting is Bruno. It ends by Gio going fucking Super Saiyan. There's a reason why it's impossible to find tolerable scans, user. Because no one cares about it.

In the west.

Only for its importance to the series as the first entry into the series proper. The anime adaptation helped with this, of course.

But it has the best protagonist, what are you talking about?

It's not what one person likes, user.
It's what everyone likes.

Is it even liked in Japan? I know Japan didn't enjoy 6 at all, but I didn't think 5 was a success.

See, this is the thing with the few fags that enjoy Part 5. You refuse to acknowledge its faults.
Gio was bland as hell. Made worse by his over-the-top stand that his character can't equal up to. And he didn't change at all.

It's one of the most popular parts in Japan.

Part 5 has faults but I enjoy it immensly more than any of the other parts save for maybe 2. I dunno. Something about it just clicks for me. Not like lack of character stopped people from liking fucking Jotaro.

Jotaro never clicked with me, either. Though I guess people liked him for the fact he's ~dark~ and ~brooding~.

And even if it's popular in Japan, it's not like that really means anything. I mean. Look at DBZ. The story went to shit just because the Japs hated Gohan and didn't want anyone but Goku to be the main character. Which is why he constantly takes everyone's spotlight. Because of the shitty fucking Japanese fans that Toriyama was forced to cater to.

Makes sense. But people really need to acknowledge he's a pretty nothing character until arguably part 6.

Hey man, I'm not saying whether it's a good or bad thing. Just stating the facts here.

Look for yourself. Giorno outshines Jonathan in every form of fanart you can find on their side of the net.

I think Jotaro definitely works best when he's a secondary character. He was alright in Part 4 because of how silly he was, at least from what I remember. He kind of got outshined by the rest of the cast in Part 3 but I think his role in Part 4 showed exactly why he clicked with the rest of 3's cast.

I don't think that's much of a surprise, though. Part 1 is pretty bland itself. People only praise it for what it eventually created. Though I do miss hamon at times.

wat
I guess he was kind of more tan than expected, but calling him ganguro is a retarded exaggeration.

What the fuck are you on about?

Yes, it does. Especially when Japan is where the majority of potential buyers are.

Do you hate it when foreigners to something you like judge it, when they themselves never liked it, to begin with?

Did you realize how retarded your first post was and decided to make a second one? I hope you know that second sentence is basically incomprehensible.
Your first sentence doesn't even have anything to do with what I'm saying. It matters to the people making the series, but beyond that? No, their opinion does not matter.

I'm still going to laugh at that pathetic first post you made, though.

Go fuck off to 2ch or something if you're such a 'cultural globalist'.

I like Jotaro because he's a fucking autist who tries to act cool constantly.

I like Giorno because he's a fucking psychopath who is actually cool constantly.

What are you replying to?

The faggot deleted his post and edited it because he realized he sounded like a fucking faggot.

Does Gio really do anything psychopath-like beyond when he goes Super Saiyan and totally overkills the boss?

Says who? The sales are most assuredly on their side of the pond, considering they're the original audience, to begin with. You don't matter into that.

I like him way more in Part 4. Not gonna lie. He was cool and stoic but felt like an actual character for once. Not a whole lot but more than before.

I like Giorno cause he's just so straight forward, pretty cool headed in the face of danger, and isn't afraid to get things done right. He's a broken sort of character that most people won't appreciate unless they've gone through stuff that's broken them in their life. Like he's gone through trauma since early childhood that's made him cold yet not cruel in a world of cruelty. I like that. He's a shining beacon in the darkness but has a bit of darkness of his own.

Uhh… what about that time he kicked a dude's spine out?

Do you know how much of a faggot you are? I know that the creators are going to care about their opinions since they're the ones buying. But beyond that their opinions mean absolutely shit. And half the time their opinions are absolutely shit.

Here's a better picture.

Eh, I don't necessarily think that's really… Psychopath-worthy. How different is it from what other stands have done?
Though you did make me remember the one thing I think positively of Part 5 for: it actually kills its villains.

Giorno straight up murders more villains than any other Jojo and usually does it in a really brutal or agonizing fashion.
He's only 15.

Yeah I think Josuke qualifies more for the psycho card than Giorno.
After all he did turn one guy into a self-aware rock, and turned another one into a book that nobody will ever open.
Giorno doesn't really do anything terribly fucked up like that aside from putting Diavolo in a permanent state of being killed but never dying.

Also, he has the longest beatdown in the series. There's still 3 other pages in that image set. Why do you think Araki portrayed him so violently? Giorno's not nearly as in-your-face as Joseph or Josuke, which is why a lot of people read him as being flat or boring when there's actually a lot going on.

Everyone he kills was actively trying to murder him though, and since they're fucking mobsters you can safely assume letting them live only means they'll come back with a vengeance.

So? That still doesn't change the fact that the youngest Jojo has the highest body count.
That's some stone cold shit, man.

A person can only manifest one stand. There's nothing in the rules against gaining a second stand via some other means. See Anubis and Cheap Trick, and almost Super Fly.

Cold is different from being a psychopath, though.

I guess, but he's still not a heartless cunt either.
When you say psycho people generally think the character is willing to let his comrades die along with his enemies, but Giorno actively goes out of his way several times to defend his buddies.

I'm about 95% sure a few months ago I went down the checklist and Giorno fit most of them. Please don't make me do it again.

Psychos can still have friends.
He is Jonathan's son, after all.

His charm isn't superficial, he's not a pathological liar, he just lies when it's absolutely needed for what he's doing. He never struck me as someone with delusions of grandeur, and he's got a huge amount of empathy- for people who aren't villains.
What are you on about?

Do it.
What checklist?

Jojolion isn't shit it's just… I don't know WHAT the fuck is going on with Jojolion but it isn't shit.

Now that's bullshit.

The cuteness of Jo2uke and Yasuho alone make it not shit.

Alright, I guess…
These all go from 0-2.

>glib and superficial charm - 1 (glib, but not superficial)
>grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self - 1 (not overly grandiose, but still very high)
>need for stimulation - 2 (loves margarita pizza)
>cunning and manipulativeness - 2 (his whole stand)
>shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness) - 1 (rarely anything but composed)
>callousness and lack of empathy - 1 (towards enemies)
>sexual promiscuity - 1 (because he's Dio's kid)
>early behavior problems - 1 (rescued the life of a criminal)
>lack of realistic long-term goals - 1 (becoming a mob boss is not at all realistic)
>revocation of conditional release - 1 (would probably have issues getting released from a psych ward in prison)

For a total of 18/40. The kid's not out of control, that's for sure, but his restraint is pretty much all that's holding him back from filling the list.
I went to college.

This is not how the checklist works. AND he already doesn't have enough on the checklist to be a psychopath, even with you trying your damndest to stretch as much as you can.
The fact he's got so much empathy for people he believes deserves it (Trish in particular) means he's not a psychopath. You can't have a psychopath who has empathy.

I didn't expect you to actually list the shit.
Also
I think I hit more points on that list just by being an impulsive slob that doesn't care about anything.
Is it really that easy to be labeled a psychopath?

Implying JOJO won't get it's equivalent of Dragon ball GT & a Pokémon like STAND collecting spin off JOJO kids anime

Nigga wat? Didn't you heard about Stone Ocean and the reason why Araki pulled it?

What was that?

What do you mean, I just thought he started getting bored of the format.

Wew lad, that's some real poz right there.

Not even close to statistical significance. Best you can say is he has a tendency to violent behavior. Compare him to Dio who would EASILY get 38/40 if not the full result.

The end is real

Knowing Japan, it'll be OK. Now if Hollywood touches it..that's the end.

I'm hopelessly optimistic. Is this a play or a movie? Because they've done music shows and stuff like that before but a movie happening is a big deal.

so, hollywood remake when?

it was jojo
5 different OPs for a part that was made 39 episodes long, it felt the end of part 3's QUALITY moments all strung together for 39 episodes, the fact that they made small revisions and cut other things to make it fit in with the rest of the story, even though it tramples over nice little bits in doing so, the animation was not great and the real stand out points were the parts ripped straight from the manga that were just big detailed shots with slight animation, which is what it has been, but in part 1-3 all those moments were not only shown, but they were also brought to life with a bit more than just lip flaps, and for citation I bring Kars's transformation and stroheim pulling out his machine gun. Watching Part 4 felt like it had none of the charm I felt when I read part 4.

I seriously have no idea of what to expect.

it's already wrong

Yeah the uniform is all wrong. Least his pompadour's there.

Fuck this meme, the whole point of anime is that it's meant to do what live action can't, at least Hollywood would have good enough CGI to make it look good, Japan will just treat it like a Nickelodeon made for TV movie.

So why make a live action part 4 instead of making a live action phantom blood first. Like who is this aimed at? People who didn't watch or read Jojo in the first place? Why not adapt Phantom Blood first, which honestly would probably be easier logistically and money wise with all the special effects you're gunna have to blow on it with all the stands in P4

I'm infinitely interested though, I love watching live action adaptations of animation crash and burn in horrible glory, even more so when it's obscure stuff that gets an adaptation, like this or that one Ranma live action special

I honestly thought it was someone doing Jotaro wrong until I blew it up and saw the shitty hair clearly.

If we're being completly honest here, I would absolutely LOVE to see why a boardroom of middle aged jewish men living in LA would cook up for a Jojo movie, would they try to adapt or would the make their own original thing with a loose connection ala DB: E? Honestly DB:E's way of doing it would actually probably work in a Jojo adaptations favor, just make Jotaro an american highschool student and SDC plot is almost no different, the western influence and Anglicization is already there to begin with in the source material

I don't understand how ponies were universally persecuted and scorned while this semen-slurping chinktoon gets to stay

Everyone knows Joseph is the best JoJo.

Oh gee, I wonder why.

Back to your shit hole
>>>Holla Forums
>>>/anywherebuthere/
>>>/4chon/

WHAT
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR HORNY LITTLE ASS MINDS?

He's a shitposter and you people are feeding him, just report and continue on talking about how the live action movie might spur Hollyhood into making more anime movies especially if Ghost in the Shell makes the bank.

I think you need to leave

GiTS will crash and burn in reviews but will make bank from normies. I guarantee it.

2016 was two days ago, you need some new material user.

even the phrase 'dank memes' is past its sell-by date, it's been 'spicy memes' for like six months now

All we can hope for is a wild ride

Your memes aren't schway.

Ishygddt

This is why you get jewed.

Fantastic anime and/or show whatever you wanna call it. Well developed characters, fun as fuck to watch, I had some doubts about the voice actors being changed that much, Josuke's and Diavolo-Kira were spectacular but I miss ASB's laid back Kira a lot, Great Days is a really fun opening to listen to, gave us something to look forward to each week, the addition of the radio segments ad the "ruh roh this is going to be the main villain" bits were really [Great].
No fucking 3D opening, not even for one of them, Chase has got to be one of the worst Jojopenings regardless of whether it looks cool - has lyrics that fit the narrative or not, the anime time vs manga time dilemma (where time and space is much more easily forgiven when it's in speech bubbles and gutters than when it's done in real time) is even more glaring than during DIO's World, tons of little details or funny jokes removed (no Rohan shit talking Joseph and Americuck's interests because I'm betting they would have gotten triggered when they inevitably dub it over), twice as much blu-ray only shit that wouldn't even need to be censored anyhow, Josuke looks like fucking Kirby half the time, quality all around and the ost itself is severely lacking compared to SC, despite being really good.

Overall, it's very telling that despite it being the worst adaptation this far, it still manages to be Anime of the Year. Both because current shows are shit and because the story simply is that enjoyable.

Part 4 takes place in Japan, so it's probably cheaper to make instead of trying to make a period piece. It's easier for Japanese people to make Japan 1999 than England circa 1880

Part IV is where he starts forgetting about finer details of his characters, like how Josuke's Crazy Diamond is almost as inconsistent as Gold Experience in terms of what it can and can't do
Part V is where he goes off the rails and starts drawing a shitload of backgrounds rather than focus on the overall story, Giorno simply doesn't use almost anything for more than a chapter and Bucciarati is the only one using his powers coherently throughout the whole part, also Diavolo is a very weird villain, I have an easier time thinking of him as an Anubis type Stand in King Crimson taking over Doppio's body at random times and the real Doppio dying while it's his body is inhabited by the Stand that gets cancelled out of reality
Part VI has the worst looking characters in the whole series, the only thing I really like about it is that it's clear from the very first chapters that Pucci is the big bad and what is Jolyne's goal (saving his father and his memory disc). Overall it has a lot of problems where shit gets retconned and changed all the time and Stand powers have just arbitrary uses (fuck you Bohemian Rhapsody)
Part VII is fantastic in art and writing, except when Araki doesn't feel like it and drops concepts (Johnny becoming vengeful happens in one chapter and is never mentioned again, all these characters demoted to mooks or pushed to the sideline, T W O D I O S) and the fights themselves are more duel-like and less beatdowns
Part VIII right now is going for a "no villains" type of story where Josefumi's identity was meant to be the driving goal around which every other character moved towards - except Araki or his publisher simply flashback'd the whole thing and now it's back to being a pseudo copy of parts III and IV, with Kira's mom replacing Holly and the daily life of Morioh-cho is replaced by the Higashikata's.

Burning Down the House is not Emporio's Stand, anyone can enter it. It's like Superfly, it's bound to the object, which is the ghost room. You're thinking of the Eleven Men in part VII.

Emporio doesn't have a stand.

The more adult/erotic themes which automatically started to push Jojo far from the western kiddies…

Quick example: Stone Ocean part 1 - Jolyen mastubate (something what the american media bias never would let happen in a comic)

But if you not believe me, just read some old interview where he explains how he wanted to push the manga far from the kids.

This kill the leftist refugees!

The word you're looking for is schwarbage.

You know what else is really popular in Japan?

Ironic that your bait image uses the decent manga colors instead of the shit from the anime.

I just finished Talking Heads and Clash, does part 5 get better? It seems like the part wasn't supposed to continue after they first met King Crimson, and now they're dragging it out longer than it needs to go.

Secco and Cioccolata make up for the shit you're seeing right now, King Crimson is a fucking mess though but the enjoyable kind.

Alright let's say the DiU movie coming out is it's own story rather than an adaptation. Like an out of canon continuation. What sort of story would you like to see? Would you want a new continuation or an adaptation? Will there ever be more sexy Pillar Women?

That's not exactly correct, user. He could pull out his GHOST GUN even when not in the room itself.

If you stuck your dick in a Pillar Woman would her body consume it automatically?

Wasn't it explained in one of those pages that talk about the characters? If I remenber right it said it was not a stand.

He can use the objects from the Ghost Room, but they always go back to their original state and place once broken or used. It gets weird because he can't eat the food in there but he can keep the gun with him and shoot it multiple times over.

Depends on the Pillar Woman's ability (not every Pillar Men are Santana, user.) Worse case scenario? Her powers are having every orifice on her body grow teeth.

Looks like I triggered you when I said nobody fell for your shit.

Whamm casually absorbs Mark just by walking through him, he didn't even think about it. I'm pretty sure it's implied that the only reason they don't automatically absorb the protagonists is because they're always using hamon breathing.

It was pretty entertaining, yeah, but I wouldn't say it makes up for Notorious B.I.G. and Talking Heads/Clash

It really is. When a story goes on for over 5 years and it still doesn't make sense, doesn't have a purpose, doesn't have any obstacle and doesn't have interesting characters, it's shit.

That's probably the best description of the problem with JoJo that I've seen. Part 6 does have really fucking ugly characters, and you accurately described how I feel about Part 8: They tried to make a pseudo-part 4 but they revealed the answer to his history already and now everyone's just kind of dicking around. It can work if you do it right, but it can't work if you drag this out over 6 years.

Burning Down The House is Emporio's stand. It isn't bound to an object, it IS in object, and Emporio controls who enters and exits. It's his stand fellas.

Thanks for fucking reminding me. A stand that literally can't be destroyed because its user is already dead? At least Anubis was bound to an object, but B.I.G is straight fucked.

So have we all come to an agreement that Part 6 had a poor execution while Part 8 is just bullshit nothingness?

Damn right lad.

Okay good. Now let's just hope Part 8 is the last part or that Araki will actually learn from this and do Part 9 better.

It would be a "nice thing" user, we can't have nice things.

Araki already said JJBA is a trilogy of trilogies, so there will for sure be a Part 9 and then the series will be over.

I hope it's set in space

That's the sad thing about it, it's going to end on a low note.

We already had Part 4 in space though.

After he penciled the last panel, he going to stand up, left without a word and get drunk.

But user, Fourze is just a remake of Super-1.

I really expecting to have Part 9 be 36 Kars on Mars invading Earth

What angers me about Notorios BIG is that, how the fuck did the user know about it? The only way he could have is if Diavolo himself foresaw him dying and releasing the Stand, but why in the everloving fuck would he think about doing that since by that point 99% of the Stands die with the user?

Plus I'm assuming Araki expected people to be more into the whole mystery thing while he was on the hiatuses, like he added a shitload of stuff, from the baby found covered in jewellery to the vitamin-c fatso using Josefumi's name, except no one gave a shit about it because Jojo isn't a mystery series, it's about people beating each other with the power of their minds. So he fucking dropped everything and now it's like, fuck where do I get a villain for this story? When he wrote about "they must have other comrades in Guinea!" I genuinely groaned, it's a terrible excuse to keep things going. Why did they forget all about Shakedown Road and the holy corpse being still buried in there?

Everyone I know has the same wish about it, I'd really like it if half of it is set in Russia, for a change of scenery.

How is this show? All I know about it is that apparently the pompadour guy jumps off a bridge to retrieve a love letter an asshole threw without even opening it.

So "Kars Attacks"?

I really hope Part 9 is good, but wit how the series is going it may end up being disappointing and possibly even the worst yet because it may be about a threat too small scale for readers to get invested in, which combined with increasingly weak and grounded stands could lead to part 9 being incredibly boring, meaning the adventure as a whole will go out with a fizzle

I hope part 9 ties things together and acknowledges the multiverse, I'm hoping that part 9's protagonist is like a glitch in the SBR universe, as he's not supposed to exist there

Damn..why didn't I thought of that pun?

When you think about that think about this: each new Jojo from parts III thru VII has a stand whose name references a material that is more or less sturdy, except Gappy who has Soft&Wet, I'm assuming because he's technically not a Jojo.

It's one of the best Heisei Era Kamen Rider shows. Has lots of personality and heart. But it does take a lot to slog through before you finally know what it is the villains want. I had a pretty fun time getting to that point though. The movies are actually pretty decent which is almost impossible to say for a Kamen Rider series. Give it a watch.

If I could choose part 9's setting I'd have either futuristic space setting or a gothic setting in some european country. Think about it. We've had the trek to find the things and kill the villain. We've had the bittersweet return to Morioh. So logically we should combine returning to roots with gothic horror and traveling a european country like part 5.

Is knowledge of previous Kamen Rider series necessary to enjoy Fourze or is it more of a "there's some references" thing?

Nah. Almost all the Heisei Rider shows require no knowledge of previous ones. There's references and sometimes crossovers but those mostly happen for the movies.

I hope he pulls an All Stars sort of "reality fuck during Phanthom Blood" with three way fights with Jojo(s) vs Dio(s) vs Pillarmen.

In spesss of course.

So basically a Royal Rumble with all the past major characters fighting for reasons?

If part 9 takes place in London again and there's a plot point of reality shitting the bed and universes converging, there could be fuck ups like these

That kind of ruins the fact that there was already a jack the ripper in the series.

So…Eyes of Heaven?

Are you ready to suffer again ?
Will the town besides the sea turn out to be Morioh-cho ?

Eva wasn't enough huh? Gotta fucking take berserk too?

Eyes of Heaven + Jorge Joestar = JoJo 9

How long do you think they'll be on the boat?

Do you need to ask?

Yeah, I mixed up the games, but in 1800s and in Space.

A fucking swell punchline, and they miss it, and Jotaro's clear as day from the thumbnail, too, with extra space for focus on him, alone. What a terrible fandom.

I have nothing to say I just wanted to post this picture.

Answer the goddamn question.

Kill me.

Best recieved JoJo, you mean, peasant.

Yeah, right…

Funny enough the early ideas for Fourze was to be about a school club investigating urban legends relating to past riders this all changed due to the 2011 earthquake. just like part 8

Same thing, basically. What's arguably the best Jojo for you, then?

No. It's not the same thing. Judging what is best by the coffers is the way of the Jew.

I've never read part 5. What am I in for Holla Forums ?

Why don't you just watch another sub group?

I too wish to post related things without discussion.

Fabulous gangster adventure.

Should I read it or wait for the anime?

Enjoyable story and setting with an annoying amount of missed potential.

Read before or along as I sometimes do to compare.

This is Jojo, not Jermania

P much

Everything's connected

A lot of cool fights, people with poor fashion sense and powers that change in properties from one panel to the next. Also it's the closest thing to a 1:1 depiction of life in Italy as you'll ever get.

My sides

The Color Scans go up to like Narancia's Aerosmith or something, just go up to that chapter and if it is of any interest to you keep on reading, otherwise you can safely read along the anime adaptation since the mangoo has terrible scans anyway.

Fabulous Gangsters and Where to Fight Them

A fun story with mostly likable characters but confusing powers from the hero and villain. Also a admitably overpowered hero like Jotaro but he actually fucking does stuff. And feels. Lots of feels.

Every streaming site has only the copyright safe subs.

The weakest part since part 1, and a protagonist that's barely present in comparison to some of the other characters. And some really bullshit stands. It's got nice backgrounds, though.

The fandom really plays up DIO's garish looks. Don't they?

It's kind of implied his lipstick is a bit of the deoxygenated plasmid, administered the old fashioned way, even though we only ever see him juice up with a touch of the hand.

Not a lot of works ever play up the "horror" aspect of him, to my knowledge.

So how come on some figure the colors are completely wrong? Gold Experience is supposed to be gold and green. But the regular figure is gold, toned down gold, and purple. What's up with that?

you need to leave

The only alternate colors I'll accept are the ones for Star Platinum.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 9: JoJoMania

Really the idea's been done so much in video games that it might as well make it's way into the manga now. Either with an all out brawl of past characters or just a wrestling/fighting competition sort of theme. Hell a wrestling theme with new characters could be cool and popular with how much Japs like it. But I dunno how to work in Stands with that unless you have ones like White Album that surround the user.

Why don't they sell the alt colours, then, faggot? There is some serious money to be made here, and they just fuck up the colourscheme on purpose, not even picking a pallette from the books.

Currently reading part 6. I'm liking it a lot more than 5, though I'm not a huge fan of many of the guard's faces. It's like he thought people wanted to stare at people like Pesci for the entire run

Then don't watch the streams. Jesus christ, why the fuck are you complaining about subs? It's the most easily remedied issue

I don't wanna download stuff that I'm just gonna watch through once or twice. But of course saying shit like that is heresy of the highest order to snobs like yourself.

7 whole pages of MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAA!

Fabulous Gangstars fighting for their lives. Also the Son of God fighting the Devil for the soul of Italy.

some times I amaze even myself with img file names I make up

our lord and savior gio

The scorn of the internet

Holy shit the cheese is back. I missed it so much during Part 5.

I want part 9 to be about basketball or baseball with people using their stands and spin to get dunks

How about a sports competition with as many sports as they can cram in?

Please tell me hamon will show up again in some measure later on. I know stands are the new black but It'd be sad to see it die with Joeseph.

You get spin and that's it

It's used in the same part again a little later on. But really he's the last Ripple user in the series and SC has the last overt uses of it.

But that stretch of the story is pretty strong although I prefer Hanged Man myself over Empress.

You'll like Part 7.

Why will Part 6 cause the fanbase to go cancerous, user? I'm enjoying the hell out of that Part.

Yep, just wait until it reaches tumblr.

That's the part with the "gay priest" right? I'm the part 3 shitter from earlier but I know that's apparently a thing at some point later on. If so then I can see, and dread, tumblr latching onto a gay black dude.

They'll go nuts

Well I have nothing to really add but some awesome Araki ASMR that I could watch for days.

I can barely wait.

Yeah, the story's start is like an American action/adventure movie, even. You could have Kakyoin as the one Asian of the party and Avdol to throw the Left inquisiting off the trail.

I kinda want to see how they would animate the Stands, imagining them being all smokey and blurry and ethereal.

…NOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

He's DIO's best friend. However, the lengths he goes for him go waaaaay beyond deep friendship.

He's talking about Bruno Buccellati.

It reached tumblr a long time ago. Jolyne is a lesbian, Ermes is black, and Foo Fighters is obese according to them.

Jesus, it is like they haven't read the fucking comic.

some-stuffs.com/index.php/topic,108.0.html Achem.

Well duh.

Jolyne being a lesbian is the one piece of proof you've found that they clearly haven't read it?
Ermes is from a Mexican-American family and her sister is blonde, light-skinned, and has blue eyes. Ermes is just a dark-skinned Latina, not a black girl.
And FF being obese… Geeze.

They're constantly making shitty fanart, too. Here. Have some. Torture yourself.

Why would someone make this?

Because there is no god.

get the fuck out moe faggouts

>i wounder why
I'm he is gay and shit like trump but still user

Had they kept him in his Part I attire and style, I could see that happen, but it's hard to take him seriously when he just loses his shit from absorbing Joseph's blood and acting like a lunatic.

Each company chooses which colors to go with. There's also alternate palettes for these figures, like I remember Mista being in his canonically accepted red and blue wear and a separate green and white one.

Part VI has a lot of narm if you go deep enough

Weak

Jerma is one of the few that can be stomached by all

I seems like all the characters for the Part 5 line have the right colors except for Gold Experience. The simplest fix would just be to switch the ladybugs colors and such. They're the opposite colors they should be on each figure. It bugs the hell out of me.

When you fuckers post nightmares like this, i'm a littlebit die inside and wish for part 6 never happen in my life time… I couldn't handle the tumblr generation rape on it.

A beautiful jojo girl like she doesn't deserve this… damn, it hurts…

Least there's something else to hate about Part 6 besides the poor execution of story with bullshit stands.

Same. Not ready for the last lesson from Gyro though

Just drive the car into the ocean.

Or call on Pucci to end my suffering

That's a good thing, it's what makes JoJo so enjoyable. Like, seeing Dio's disembodied head fly through the air yelling at Jonathan, who's using mystical tibetan sun kung-fu to fight him is supposed to be taken seriously but I just can't. It's incredible.

Hello TV Tropes.

?

How is it possible for them to corrupt JoJo without contradicting themselves? Besides JoJo is fine art, not some abstract overly "3DEEP5U" "GENDER DEFINING" noodle cartoon like Steven Universe

Because of the fabulous look everyone has, it can ignorantly be said that it has a homosexual vibe.

And I've finished Part 6. What the fuck was that ending? Just, "lol, universe reset kids." The entire climax fell apart as soon as Weather got his memory back and everyone started to turn into snails. The entire last act felt extremely rushed and Pucci's stand was just stupidly over powered, and not in a cool or fun way.

Yep

Making them trans

I feel ya.

I hate those faggots too, but they have a good way around with wording shit I can't put into words.

Boiling down characters to their lowest form of memes and

Araki wanted Part VI to be the end of the Jojo franchise, but he or his editor changed their minds halfway through Steel Ball Run.
Also the final part is kind of rushed but it's nice to see a villain getting his way for a change. Jolyne's power was seriously weak, I would have been pissed if Jotaro had to save the day again. Plus it ties in with the whole "only if you're willing to sacrifice yourself for what you believe in will you achieve a victory" mindset of the final, Pucci mocks Jotaro because instead of saving the world he went out of his way to save his daughter and got what was coming for him, whereas Pucci believed fully in DIO till the end, until Emporio mocked him for not trusting fate at the very last moment. There's plenty of moments where characters stop believing in either the two concepts and everything falls apart for them.

That would be fine, but there's better ways to go about doing it than what we got. You can kill off the main characters without taking the themes that have been built up throughout the entire series and saying "this is bad, get fucked idiots" and having everyone die.
It would be nice if what the villain wanted made any sense. All Pucci does is talk about "heaven" (which has some made-up definition that has to do with saving humanity through stands or something) and achieves this through… speeding up time until the universe repeats itself… so the events of the part can repeat themselves all over again…
I still don't understand why Araki kept putting Jotaro into the later parts. He breaks every scenario he's in since he can stop time, so that means that the villains have to be just as broken to accommodate for that. Part 4 had Heart Attack, which was invincible to all forms of physical damage and Bites the Dust, though the latter was crazy enough to make up for the fact of how OP it was. By part 6 we've got time being sped up so much that it's literally impossible for Pucci to lose in a fight with pretty much anyone, and only lost to the most bullshit Deus Ex Machina yet. Every part besides 1 and 4 had this, but other than parts 5 and 6 it was crazy/cool enough to let it slide. Part 5's was just overly complicated, much like King Crimson, but part 6's was some next-level bullshit. "I used the disc from a stand user that you happened to put in me by accident, and it just happened to have a secret hidden ability that is also one of the only conceivable ways of defeating you." And the result upon defeating Pucci is the universe getting reset a second time for some reason.

smh

Do you want me to read only one issue each week like people did when it was coming out? It's organized into 17 volumes, and I wanted to know what happened next so I'd keep reading. I work at night so it's not like I have anything better to do with my time.
If you look earlier in the thread I was having fun with this part up until the snails happened. I still like it more than 5 since this one had more consistent and interesting stands/characters. For the parts I've read so far I'd probably rate them 4=2>3>6>1>5.

A new Jump Ryu vid detailing the process of Jojo.
Someone translate this please. Auto generated subs are atrocious.

[OH MY GOOOOD]

That makes up for nothing. It still happened and everyone must live with it. Really Jojo should've ended after Part 5 or 7. Least even with the fuck up for 6 we could've ended on a high note after 7. But no. Araki instead shit's out the nonsense that is 8.

Stop enjoying it.

No but seriously, it's such a stark departure form JoJo. It gets characterization wrong, it disobeys stand rules and creates arbitrary shit that doesn't matter past the instance they present it in. Add in ugly designs and unlikeable characters for a lot of the Part, and you'll see that the ones who stick around will be the Tumblr crowd.

It was. It is no longer. Back in parts 1-4 it was a celebration of male beauty, it is now a celebration of Italian Fashion magazines.

And of course kill Johnny at a young age so it doesn't leave his life open for new shit.

Maybe in a less violent way than his death in canon right now.

Man these threads are going fast.

I disagree. I'm pretty sure it was said that he loved dio like how he loved god.

Go back to >>>/4chan/ already.

When you read the colored scans, it's not as messy as everybody says it is, but the colored translation only goes up to Volume 3. Going into B&W, I was still able to follow through until I stopped at Man in the Mirror, but shit like this compared to this makes me want to stop. If anything, there should be a bootleg colored scan that copypastas the B&W text.

Mind you, the B&W scans stop at 13 volumes, which is over halfway into part 5, leaving the rest to the abysmal scans over a decade ago. Despite what some people say otherwise, the anime will overtake the scans, which will have people make their own manga bootlegs anyway.

tl;dr read the colored version and see if you like it. Reading the manga from there is mostly for diehards, while the anime will gain traction regardless because there's few like Jojo, despite the budget cuts season after season.

Why do people keep saying this when SHA was clearly damaged in the fight and the damage transferred to Kira's hand? It has extremely high defense, yes, but it's not invincible by any means.

The only reason the invincible SHA meme exists is because Kira says it's invincible, but he also never had to deal with powerful stand users like Jotaro before, so he never realized his own limitations. This is also besides the fact that Jotaro could have just stopped time and thrown SHA into the ocean.

This thread's getting dead. How about we come up with names for other green baby fusion stands

Ever since part 4 started airing there's been a rise in 'Kira apologists'. People who think he did nothing wrong and that his statement about his stand having no weaknesses is a fact and not that he'd been lucky enough not to come across other stand users until the Morioh-gang.

We're gonna need a new one soon too.

Our Bowie died. So people needed a replacement to fill the void. So they can't accept his flaws.

Think we'll ever get official physical colored copies of Jojo?

I've come up with a couple before

Th first one was the fusion of the green baby and stone free, which I called "I Mother Earth". The other one was the green baby and star platinum, which would become "Interstellar Overdrive"

This

NO WEAKNESSES

NONE

What European actor/ singer can fill the hole?

It's not oldfags. It goes beyond the memes to people claiming that Reimi is lying about Kira being her murderer. With each new wave of people introduced to Jojo the quality of the discussion is lesser than it was before. These "Kira's just killing the stuck up bitches that deserve it" types are just the other end of the spectrum that houses the "Dio is Trump!" toonami watchers.

I love Kira as a villain, but he is still just that a villain.

Disregarded right there

How does it feel being so cancerous that Holla Forums filtered your retarded forced maymay?

Oh, fuck off this is being obnoxious with spacing.

How you gonna say I haven't been here this whole time when I was featured in the Jojo-day pic?

It's been a thing that mark and kikewheels gave up on the site and wanted to leave us with one last bit of irrepressible cancer

Why bother? Just so you could own the one copy where Jean Pierre Eiffel fights off the unbeatable Cool Iced? Or how about that one almanac with Guido Mista's Six Bullets protecting him from Ghiaccio's White Cover?

That one physically hurt
That's what I hate about these people, they're all about vilifying people who have different views than theirs but if you oh so dare put a one-dimensional villain for the sake of having a cool character in your story, they go apeshit with theories and technicalities and dirty kira confessions. I fucking love DIO because he puts the head of one of his henchmen on a cat for no reason and is a dick to everyone but himself, even Part VI DIO is pretty much this since he's willing to sacrifice what is probably his only true friend (Jonathan doesn't count) just to achieve a post-mortem goal and hopefully getting resurrected.

In other news, what do you guys think about Diamond Records? Will it be good or just gachashit?

There's no case to be made for any but Pucci or Valentine. Dio wanted power and was a product of his environment. He's still a completely evil bastard that kills relentlessly. Kira wanted to live a quiet life despite his unnatural lust for killing. But he still killed innocent women and children. He's a monster. And not one that you can completely sympathize with like Dio. Diavalo is even worse. All the death and destruction caused by DIO and Kira were all his fault. He was a thug turned psycho with no redeeming qualities.

Thanks for screencapping that, pal.

I rest my case.

It doesn't work like that friend. And by the way Holla Forums isn't one person not everybody was in agreement on that.

What?!

What's the matter with you?

L
O
L

thanks for giving me more evidence. You know how you seem more like you fit in? I'll give you all a big hint right now, you just need to LURK MOAR and you won't be called out because you'll learn the culture and know how to not shit the place up.

You can believe whatever you want pal, it's still not the truth. I'm sure your headcanons are well received on your tumblr too.

I think you're the one searching for the echo chamber, cock sucker.

This sounds more like building an echochamber than redpilling. Would certainly explain why these threads have gone to shit over the past year.

There it is again. It's not like there was a consensus to ban people or silence them otherwise, we fucking already had the discussion and people still argue that these things are incorrect.

Let's all just ignore him and report him. It's simple as that. The more he tries to get a reaction out of us, the easier it'll be to get him outta here.

fine since you still refuse to give any actual evidence for discussion on this lets look back at what you have provided.

muh 'Kira wants a quiet life'
You seem to misunderstand this on a fundamental level. See having a quiet life is impossible for him because
while it is a good character trait, especially for someone whose killing people and doesn't want to get caught, and by the way killing women so you can get off to their hands is not a justifiable action. It's degeneracy.
And yet he has a daughter so obviously he's making some mistakes on the way, also wants to kill her for merely existing, and his business is a crime syndicate. Sure Giorno wants to, and eventually does take over but at least he establishes a 'no kids on drugs' policy putting him ahead of Diavolo on the moral totem pole.
Only ones you got remotely right.
Didn't mention these two but if you seriously think Dio and Kars are justified when they say themselves their motives are purely driven by selfish desires you need to reread the manga.

The one that likes Rock & Roll, Fascism, and living a quiet life.

There'll never be another one in our lifetimes.

yes, and? He had a love for pretty hands and took it out on stubborn cunts
it's not like he signed up knowing that, he just wanted to live quietly as long as possible while keeping up his satisfying lifestyle of exploding dumb cunts
he made it really clear that he hadn't intended to have a daughter and was just then picking up the pieces to toss them away; yes, he made a mistake and the entire part was supposed to be him cleaning up that mistake, but he couldn't do that because a bunch of fuckers decided to break the universe and cheat death
Diavalo was a business man, and while I think he is a degenerate for having a kike business like drug trade, he was still just doing business
The idea that he is a total douche and unlikable is a meme spread by you cancerous anime only fags, Dio wanted to surpass his humanity and the hand he was dealt, going above and beyond with luck and cunning to crawl up from the bottom. He wasn't going to let anyone stop him from achieving his dream of being higher than his father and his father's aspirations, and I can sympathize with him due to his background and the fact that he does show flaws of character and continues to do so as he exists; it started out with getting extremely upset when things didn't go his way, even though he tried acting cool headed he always got frustrated at the plot armor jojo had. When part 3 rolled around, DIO was a lot calmer, but then when he got in a fight he showed signs of snapping in front of jotaro, and at one point he went crazy and got all murder happy instead, showing that he hadn't changed at all, no matter how calm and collected he was. Even with all that dickery, Dio showed no contempt for Jojo, showing respect for the man who fairly beat him and going as far as talking his body. DIO then gave no shits about the crusaders because they didn't beat him up, they were trash left behind after his Jojo and he had their final fight. Dio is completely justified, you gotta be a cuck to think he's completely unsympathetic.
It's hard not to sympathize with these kinds of villains.

You're the faggot I was talking about!
You're seriously forgetting all the crimes these characters commit just to be an edgy faggot.
Do you know who gets and deserves a quiet life? Tonio. Do you know why? He isn't using his stand to fucking kill people.
Dio poisoned his father and the man who took him in, he's responsible for Danny's death part of a multi-step plan to humiliate and demoralize Jonathan. Later on he didn't even need to posion George, as he was viewed as a son to him and he tried to go through with it and pin it on Jonathan.
While he did show respect for Jonathan in the end this doesn't excuse his evil actions, and Jonathan is still the more justified character in wanting to avenge his father.
Kars didn't care about the rest of his race and he says outright he doesn't possess the same sense of honor as ACDC and Wham. He wants to stand at the top alone, it's an entirely selfish motivation.
These villains have 'understandable' reasons for doing what they do but each one takes it too far than they need to. If you weren't so concerned with being edgy you'd notice that.

This again? There's nothing in the story at all that justifies this as a generalization of Kira's victims, certainly not as an MO.

You really are just making shit up to be as edgy as possible, either that or you have some kind of issue with women yourself.

Is this the first time you've discussed a story with someone else?

No, but it's definitely telling me more about you and your nonexistent love-life.

I'm not him, you dumb cunt.

Hey, you can't always expect a lawyer to make a good case.

Could've fooled me.
Sorry, I didn't intend to spill my spaghetti on you

What kind of batshit things do you think would happen in 7SU3? I'm throwing out this idea

It's okay.
Just quit being such an autistic weeaboo. Okay?

I never noticed Jobin below the desk, unless it's been added in at a later time since I last saw the picture

Aye caramba

Why do BOs remove the unique IDs? Makes it easier to get people samefagging.

Mods here are a bit screwy on priorities sometimes.

Talk about suffering

Have any of you actually read Part 8?

No villain = We still have two characters working against Josuke and the Higashikatas, as well as Dolomite now, so this is straight up wrong. Plus, we always have Flashback Man >inb4 he's never gonna show up

No goal/motivation = Just a few chapters ago, Josuke resolved to find the Rokakaka fruit to heal Holly. To that end, he's going to look for a man that can help identify it. Norisuke's trying to get rid of Cato because she knows something about him that is making him very nervous. Jobin is trying to kill Josuke so he can save himself from dying like a bitch like Damo. Dolomite is going to kill Josuke to fix his body and find the Rokakaka before him.

Yasuho is trying to help Josuke because she in love, Tsurugi is helping Josuke and Yasuho so he can be spared the Higashikata curse. It is inaccurate and wrong to say that there are no end goals or clear villains in Part 8, as I've just listed them out.

I would be glad if someone put these covers in one post maybe in the new thread? better together than search the whole thread for them…

Shit. Part 2's actually starting to catch on, in America.

Go for it, we're past the bump limit

That would be an interesting scenario to illustrate, if Araki hadn't written the prime universe away, due to old age making everything rather difficult for him to remember.

I'm pretty sure it was more to do with every part after part 4 took place in the future and he was tired of predicting things.
Also

His fault, for modernising everything, in the first place. He could've had some Cold War action going on, in a potential third part, had he not made such a drastic change of setting, to begin with.

Your weeaboo is showing.

You really think Americans are the target audience don't you?
There's a reason parts 3 and onward picked up more attention from the Japanese and that's because they started being featured in it.

You seem to think you're a part of the target audience, to begin with, weeb.

Part 2 has millenium-old vampires being hunted down by some bongburger with the support of the entire third reich, and it just works. It's insane, but it all just so happens to be more awesome, than it is bizarre. Meanwhile, part 3's got some overgrown highschooler getting frisky with a century-old vampire, and yet, it just doesn't click on the same level. They exchange quips, and vehicles in their respective directions, but it all comes across more as generic, than anything else. This is all part of how part 3 is basically capeshit, or as it is referred to more commonly on the other side of the seaboard, shounenshit. Kid's stuff, so to speak.

Where did I suggest that? I'm talking about Japan being xenophobic.
I don't like part 3 but that was when it started to get more popular. It was longer than the other and more chapters were ordered due to it's popularity, all because the protagonist was actually a nip like the people who read it first. That's why Jotaro is the face of the franchise, it's Part 3 that got an OVA and an embarrasing CLAMP doujin. If part 3 had'nt been the way it was Jojo would never have gotten off the way that it had and probably would've ended in obscurity. Yeah parts 1 and 2 are better than 3 but the Japs don't care unless it's a Jap, even a quarter like Giorno and Jolyne, are the heroes.

Unfortunately, it's deliberate pandering like that which lead to the series effectively following whatever fads Araki could bear, at the time, and as a result would cost the series its own identity, in the process.

Don't really see this, but okay, whatever you say.
Let's be real here part 1 and 2 are great but they aped Fist of the North Star in a big way.

You do know Fist of the North Star wasn't that "all-original", either. Right?

Yeah, but by Araki's own admittance he was heavily influenced by it and that still doesn't mean Jojo had fully developed it's own identity at the time.

I hope we get Echoes Act 4

That's because he didn't have the goll to take things to another level. He was short of ideas, and because of that, decided that recycling a villain despite all previous plot points signaling him as being dead and replacing the series' then-iconic powers was the best solution to this problem. That's bad enough, already, but what's worse is that he assumed by the series becoming more successful, that this should be done annually, and because of that, there is still no identity to the series. All that remains iconic to the series is ironically what little remains from it's beginnings. All else is simply "pop" memes that aren't even original to the series itself, and because of that, one will find many a weeaboo consistently mistaking any generic shounen cliche for being one of Hirohiko Araki's doing. Even this itself is becoming a meme, in meta.

Since it isn't a proper anthology series, to begin with, it can only be honestly perceived as a grand mess of things, rather than a successive diverse series of tales.

You're fucking retarded

Good job ignoring just about everything else I said. I'll wait for a proper argument.

Stopped reading there, Ripple was never "Iconic"
By your own admission, ripple was always a shitty hokuto shin ken rip off. Stands have always been the iconic thing about Jojo, you nigger.
Stands and outrageous posing are the two things most likely to be mentioned when inquiring about jojo from a normalfag animu watcher. Also, Dio being in part three was not a bad idea, Giving Diego The World for no other reason than fan device was a bad idea. I bet you are the kind of autist who thinks the pillar men are bad villains because nothing in part one hinted at their existence.

I didn't know Stephan Molyneux watched Jojo

STOP

Actually the ripple was kind of original when Araki introduced it, but I think I've read that once he got to part II literally everyone and their mother could use ancient tibetan spirit energy in the shonen biz so Araki came up with Stands to make sure people would understand what the shit the mind powers were supposed to do. I don't think he thought either stands nor ripple as "iconic" to the franchise until the stands got super popular. To Araki all that matters is cool shit.

no, this is fine.

HET

Just goes to show how much you know JoJo, faggot.

I think we need to make a new thread

Leave it off, until we're about a fourth-way into the new year, when the manga will be off hiatus, SC will be airing on Toonami, and whatever DP's cooking, as of recent, be it the Rohan OVA, or anything on the part 5 adaptation, will be revealed.

Can someone please give me the source to this?

have any of you read jojo or just like bitching about the wiki?

They're likely bitching about it without realizing that Jojo has always been updated slowly in its original print. All parts up to Stone Ocean took about 4 years from start to finish, while SBR took a staggering 7 to get to the end. Since this is the new kind of format Araki is going for, Jojolion might be finished within 2018-2019.
However, people tend to forget that Jojolion is scanlated AS SOON AS THE RAWS ARE RELEASED. All the other parts, 4 and 5 in particular, took fucking forever to get translated in a format that is not bullshit, so these faggots don't appreciate how great it is they can just go through all the chapters of most of the saga, in colored or b&w version mind you, and read any of it freely.
And don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't see where this criticism is coming from, I feel that Parts I and II were great because they immediately described the kind of threat the protagonists were going up against, but complaining about part 8 being slow paced means they shouldn't be enjoying part 4 or 7 either since that's pretty much where the same kind of problems they're talking about originate.

Part 4 was SoL, which is a pretty shit format for a manga series about solar power vs vampires to take, and part 7 was sort of about the horse race, which was kind of a thing.

Part 7 was the fucking Da Vinci's code in the Old Wild West, the race is only important for about 10 chapters total. I guess people hate part 8 because it was meant to be this sort of huge murder mystery but there's no mystery at all thanks to the flashbacks.

Yes, and it's at about that time that the story begins to take a different direction, as you said before. Meanwhile, part 8 answered things too soon and is taking too long, to get to the point.

I guess the problem is that no one really asked to know who is sending the fruits from New Guinea until it became apparent that there were no more villains to slay. I wouldn't mind Joubin and Kaato being said villains but knowing Araki they all count as Joestars so they cannot do any evil. What the fuck is Norisuke's deal though.