Intel i9 officially announced

archive.is/pbBVp

2000 shekels... comes with state-of-the-art mossad-PU etc

Other urls found in this thread:

homes.cs.washington.edu/~levy/capabook/
brouhaha.com/~eric/retrocomputing/intel/iapx432/
ark.intel.com/products/93793/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E7-8860-v4-45M-Cache-2_20-GHz
ark.intel.com/products/93807/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-4667-v4-45M-Cache-2_20-GHz
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Xeon_microprocessors#.22Skylake-SP.22_.2814_nm.29_Scalable_Performance
archive.is/do4oF
hackaday.com/2016/11/28/neutralizing-intels-management-engine/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Theres nothing wrong with backdoors on hardware, It's just extra security so body else can get into your hardware, and it protects us against terrorists.
I like knowing that our country has such good security against attacks, it allows me to rest well at night knowing that some gaverment employe has his eye our for me 24/7.
You act as if you got something to hide? If you didn't do anything wrong you should be perfectly fine with someone else prying into every aspect of your life.

The target market, gaymers, are not going to buy $2000 cpus when an i7 or AMD is good enough. Better to spend those shekels on a GPU.

me to budy. i fel safe to no NSA-onii-chan watches over me desu ~

The 2k one isn't for gamers. No game scales to 18 cpu cores, you buy that and most of your cpu will be idle.

Is the intel ME and other functions that aren't necessary for non corporate IT still included in it ?
Goodbye sir
I said goodbye sir
Tips thinkpad

Enjoy your botnet faggot.

Sent from my Toughbook 28 Mk2

What even is the point of the i9?

Gamers won't buy it when they can literally buy an i7 AND a GTX Titan for the price of one i9.
Enterprises won't buy it because no enterprise ever is going to choose some consumer shit over Xeons.
Autists won't buy it because you can get an entire Opteron server with around the same core count for the same or lower price.

Did Intel just completely lose it recently at a board meeting or something?

2 thousand dollars to install a state of the art hardware botnet into the heart of your computer.

Too bad it's crippled with ME botnet and a 8086-compatible instruction set.

homes.cs.washington.edu/~levy/capabook/
brouhaha.com/~eric/retrocomputing/intel/iapx432/
Imagine what they could do if they didn't care about legacy weakly typed code like C and C++ and made an iAPX 432 for the modern era.

so autists can argue over it

How naïve.

Intel Xeon Phi CPUs are not even meming the fastest processors currently available and perhaps the fastest in history. The whole "8086 Rust" shit is purely a meme. The x86_64 architecture of today bares little resemblance if any to its old 16-bit predecessors.

no, it's shit.. picture semi-related.

I have a theory this is just a server chip being repackaged as a PC chip

That's pretty much what it is.
One of their Xeon processors with a higher base clock, re-branded and repackaged as a brand new "extreme gaming" chip to compete with AMD's offerings.

ark.intel.com/products/93793/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E7-8860-v4-45M-Cache-2_20-GHz
ark.intel.com/products/93807/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-4667-v4-45M-Cache-2_20-GHz
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Xeon_microprocessors#.22Skylake-SP.22_.2814_nm.29_Scalable_Performance

It's literally just Intel going "So we heard you like more cores" in response to AMD offering affordable mainstream 8c/16t while Intel has been stuck at 2c/4t and 4c/8t for ages now.

OSes and compilers are huge because of this legacy crap. We could return to the days when one person could write an operating system or compiler. Intel tried with the Itanium, but they didn't focus on making compilers easy.

that is because they are programmed in c++ and not in rust.

Being unironically this retarded. But it just shows, again, that a lot of people here have no idea that there are enough use cases where you'd like a fast as fuck CPU in a workstation. To name one: Imagine a small company that does specialized, computation-heavy simulations (FEM, CFD, ...).

Let me take the bait, tell me how Rust magically parallelizes non-parallel tasks.

it just works

fuck off and die nigger

kek

Reported to the mods, the FBI, Josh, Jim's pigs, your mum, your dad, your mum's boyfriend,the FSB, CIA, NSA, ATF, DEA, CDT, JPL, NASA, Carl Sagan, Bruce Willis, Posidon, Satan, Satan's mum, the hooker chained in my closet, the FBI agents on this board (hi guys, no hookers here), a mouse, my waifu, and the JIDF.

You'd be surprised how stupid spoiled kids are. All it will take is some CS:GO competitive cheater to shill it.

archive.is has an option to not shorten URLs (should be default, but it isn't because the site is targeted towards normalfags who post on Holla Forums).
If you're using archive.is as a URL shortener, it's literally no different than using any other URL shortener.
It could suddenly switch the content or even switch to a completely different page on a different website, and we'd have no way of knowing this.

The real news is them finally making unlocked units based on the high core count die (which was up 'til now reserved for Xeons). This is an obvious response to Ryzen Threadripper.
Why the fuck we don't have a thread on Threadripper yet? Better yet, one on high-end desktop processors from both stables.

...unless you run 5 games at once.
MMO farmers, anyone?

They won't buy the top $2k model, but the $1k one? Some richfags may splurge for it, if only for the i9 brand dick waving.
You'd be surprised. Cost-cutting is a thing, and equivalent Xeons will likely be much more expensive.
What is a fanboy.

No, AMD just announced a 16-core unlocked consumer Ryzen CPU. They don't want to lose the high-end performance leader crown and the brand halo it brings.
This is the only thing they could do in short timeframe. Not the first time, too. Remember the Skulltrail platform they pushed out the last time AMD rekt them hard?
Not really. The Xeons are produced on three die sizes: Low Core Count with 12 cores, High Core Count with 18 cores and eXtreme Core Count with 28 cores. Other core counts are produced by harvesting the closest larger die. The three dies differ in ring bus topology, and consequently inter-thread communication latencies.
Up until now, the unlocked consumer line was made only of LCC dies, with HCC and XCC reserved for Xeons. Right now they decided to start also using the HCC (but not XCC) dies to counter AMD's move.

No fucking shit, sherlock. All HEDT i7s have been for the last, what, 7 years?

No, in response to AMD announcing HEDT 16c/32t.
uwotm8? Intel's HEDT platform had 8c since 2014 and 10c since last year. They intended to bump it to 12c this summer, but had their hand forced by AMD to do more.

These people can afford Xeons though. The i9 will cannibalize part of this market, which the Intel jews wanted to avoid. AMD took them by surprise.

pathetic

Because neither deserves a thread.

TR/Epyc are just Ryzen packages aggregated together with 64 pcie lanes. Nothing special there. i9 is just a rebranded, price-hiked, crippled i7. It doesn't have enough pcie lanes for SLI so it's useless for gaming, and it doesn't have ECC or run AVX at full clock speed so it's useless for serious work.

That was a clearly joke you dumb tripfaggot, he made no attempt to make it seem credible.

Seems pretty sensible if they make a limited release for fanboys. That way they test the waters and release a cheaper consumer version later if it turned out alright.

In all fairness most gamers don't give a fuck about SLI because a lot of games actually aren't optimized for SLI and some even experience a lot of stutter. Hell, there's even some games that straight up will not run with GPUs in SLI. SLI is more of a thing for people who need that GPGPU compute power for high-level float point shit for scientific reasons or what have you. Obviously the i9 is just a Xeon Intel stripped features from to both A.) save money for them and B.) not cannibalize the Xeon market. One could think of it as a consumer-level Xeon, or at least you would if Intel wasn't selling it for Xeon-level prices, which is obvioulsy another attempt to trying to prevent the i9 from cannibalizing the Xeon market by undercutting it. I mean shit dude Intel could've just released a Xeon Gamers edition but then they wouldn't of been able to make bank off of gullible retards.

Bullshit. Itanium and EPIC in general are one of those ideas that sounds great until you actually try to execute on them.

Hey, remember when Intel fans were making fun of AMD for going after the "moar coars" market?

I'm interested in Intel's response to Threadpiper. Instead of them lowering their prices on existing CPUs in the name of competition, they created an entire segment above what already existed and barely moved the prices on the i7 lineup.

Or a photographer batch processing they day's collection of hundreds of RAW images, or a dev doing QC on a hundred instances of a program to weed out all the bugs, or a.... you get the idea.

Meanwhile on the i9s: archive.is/do4oF

Fucking hell.

Could be for ANT+ applications but regardless ANT+ is also a massive security disaster and easily a very overlooked potential backdoor in Smartphones since it can't be turned off

Funny that when you search for "Intel ME" on Google, literally the second result is this: hackaday.com/2016/11/28/neutralizing-intels-management-engine/

Does AMD have an equivalent embedded Out of Band Management system? For some reason searching doesn't give relevant results

those fucking jews can go suck dicks, i'm not giving my shekels to be spied upon.

oy vey

So wait doesn't this mean we can break the botnet chip and have botnet free i9's?

That's another one of their schemes: to give you meaningless hope and to get your 2 kiloshekels.

Fucking hell.

No, there's more AIDS and cancer on the main die.

They aren't even subtle anymore.

Personally, I can't wait to fight Google T-800's.

not that funny since it's some obscure bullshit and one of the only reasons you'd care about it is if you want to disable it

Of course it's funny.
I know "free speech advocates" who use Apple computers and phones, and claim Apple is totally safe when it comes to privacy because the Apple corporation says so.
People put too much trust in companies that make money because jewish ethics told us so.

Well, they use that FBI case as an argument, so at least they got that in comparison to Windows users.

Fellow tor users here.
Can somebody please post an archive.org link or simple link because this user. has posted a archive link that fucking use the MITM services that is cloudflare.

This

Apple users suck more dick, that is all they have in comparison to Windows users.

for

Reminds me of Skulltrail. I wonder if there will be non-server multi-socket mobos to match?

Notice those two blobs labeled Ucode ROM & x86 Decode? That's the 8086 rust, eating up precious die space. Almost as useless as iGPUs on desktop chips

Aren't DX12/Vulkan supposed to render the distinction between single GPUs & SLI/CFX totally irrelevant, by turning all compute resources with a DX12/Vulkan API into a single homogeneous pool?

Looking to buy a Thinkpad, what is the last processor without a backdoor?

pentium 4

T43, T6x's have the botnet.

Except you can flash a T60 with Trannyboot.

T43? I had an R51 with Pentium M.

This, (((privacy))) is a meme. NSA won't go against you if you haven't done anything wrong.