Macs

If someone is completely apathetic about closed software, security, costumizability, etc are there any downsides to MacOS? Does it just werk™?

Other urls found in this thread:

gotquestions.org/homosexuality-Bible.html
buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Mac
apple.com/macos/sierra/
my.mixtape.moe/atcqzf.pdf
wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/266908-command-prompt-console-bash-on-ubuntu-on-windo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The price, are you honestly going to pay 2k for an average laptop and 5k or more for an average desktop ?

MacOS is the truly superior operating system. Just think about it for a moment:

The large sums of money you pay upfront are a good investment in my opinion. Your are getting a computer that is more durable than most laptops due to it's aluminum body with a great operating system that is designed for use on it.

I also forgot to note that the batteries included within apple computers are long lasting and in tests have lasted up to six hours with applications running. If you pay a bit more for a higher end apple laptop, you get a somewhat better intel graphics card and a better quality screen for playing videos or looking at picture, although it may add onto the weight a bit.

It does werk, if paying $1500 for $500 of hardware werks for you

Yes, it really does. Very solid machines, and I've always had good experiences with Apple, especially when it comes to them standing by their products. In one such case, I had a macbook which was 4 years old, so far out of warranty. I started noticing rampant GPU panics, and noticed that Apple had a free replacement program for any machine, even outside of warranty (out of band). I took the machine in, they did the fix, which being apple construction required a new logic board (apple speak for motherboard), and they decided to replace the retina display too. Now that's amazing, but when I got the machine home, the USB ports didn't work. So I took it back, they did the entire procedure again, and once again, the USB ports didn't work. I took it back in once more, politely furious, and they decided that since they had been so incompetent, they gave me a brand new latest model laptop. Pretty good service, I must say.

Your numbers are way off, but to your point you do pay a premium for the hardware. When you factor in that you're also subsidizing the OS and built-in application development, it's not as bad as it initially seems.

I don't use MacOS myself and don't ever plan to but I don't get why more Holla Forums tier users appreciate it. Think about it, modern normie distro that isn't a pile of spaghetti shit that also happens to be a certified UNIX tailored to desktop use. Isn't this exactly what we want aside from the obvious privacy and licensing issues? Even with those issues, Apple is still setting an example and hopefully more companies can follow their footspeps. Imagine something like MacOS that is completely free software with paid online services that work out of the box.

too drunk for grammar

It's actually why I got one. I was a FreeBSD fan boy first, but I got sick of the amount of work it required to make it into a useable desktop system, that "just works".

What an astounding argument you present.

This.

Answer: The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.

God does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that people become homosexuals because of sin (Romans 1:24-27) and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as some people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person’s choosing to sin by giving in to sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger/rage, does that make it right for him to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true with homosexuality.

However, the Bible does not describe homosexuality as a “greater” sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Homosexuality is just one of the many things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that will keep a person from the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, God’s forgiveness is just as available to a homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, thief, etc. God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 4:13).

gotquestions.org/homosexuality-Bible.html

Pic related. Destruction of city of Sodom.

digits confirm mac users are going to hell.

I just looked at their prices. Top of the line laptops are $2800 and bottom of the line are $1300.

Apple's desktop game is garbage and all their hardware is too expensive.
Why not make a hackintosh compatible PC if you want to use OSX? Buy a Jonsbo or similar aluminum case and you won't know the difference. The good bits of OSX with the control in your hands.

Apple is a part of PRISM, but they deny it in public statments.

Well in that case yes, apple>windows (except for video games) but if you dont care about any of those then why are you on Holla Forums?

Also this but you didn't mention price in the OP so I'll assume that is not a problem in itself.

Also apple phones are apparently way quicker and more responsive than all the other phones, but everything else is cancer.

I have a 2009 iMac, it's a pretty nice machine and I'm still using most of the software without issues. The latest macOS release won't run on it any longer though, so I'm looking at what to replace it with.

macOS, or OS X or whatever you want to call it is the closest we have come to a normie Unix distro every. The desktop environment is very nice, you can run all your Unix command line tools and there is a good selection of GUI applications as well.

However, Apple has changed a lot over the years. Under Jobs FLOSS was something Apple was mostly ambivalent about, they would use it when it was useful to them, and ignore it otherwise. Modern Apple is downright hostile to it. I remember that for a long time many Macs had issues with WiFi because Apple had replace some Free library with their own proprietary crap before finally giving up and bringing back the Free library again. If it wasn't for IBM Swift would still be proprietary.

The hardware has also gotten worse a lot. I won't make excuses, Macs were always expensive and you were paying premium for it being Apple, but at least you got top of the shelf components. Now Apple keeps selling machines there were outdated even when they were new for years. Just look at how many Macs are marked as "do not buy" on this buyer's guide:
buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Mac
It has now been almost two fucking years since the iMac was updated.

Then there is the OS itself. If you look at what is new in Sierra, all the new features are literally just more botnet:
apple.com/macos/sierra/
There is no reason to update if you don't want to send your voice to Apple and don't have a household full of Apple devices. Oh, and fuck compatibility, Apple is now making their own standards and everything. Why would you write portable graphics in Vulkan if you can instead waste your time with Metal which doesn't run anywhere else?

And finally there is the cocksucker Tim Cook. It's one thing to be a sodomite, but when he uses his overpriced crap to further the fag agenda I really don't want to give him any money.

I still have some software I am bound to that doesn't have a GNU/Linux equivalent, so I have no idea what to do. I guess I could try my luck at a used Mac and hope it doesn't break, or I could try to build a Hackintosh, but that seems to be a lot of hassle and patchwork with questionable results.

how bow dem mixed fabrics

trips confirm that wearing polyester blends is literally sucking the devil's dick.

Laughed audibly.

Nope. That's what people who are "OMG I'ma so nerdy and geeky, Bazeengah XDXD" want.
Real Holla Forums people like to tinker and customize their systems in every detail making it werk in a specific way that pleases their autism instead of "just werking XD".

I have an S5 with cm, no gapps. It's overall more responsive and quicker then the newest iPhone that my gf has

Until they get a job.

Might as well use slackware tbh fam.

At least you can install a command line package manager at all, unlike Windows.

I don't even like Windows, but that's just wrong. Windows has command line package managers.

Command line anything in windows is a fucking nightmare. There are no good terminals at all.

Didn't they recently introduce the linux terminals into windows?

They have a bash shell that runs Ubuntu
It's not very useful

Ah yes, you must be one of those guys that thinks that the Windows console only gained copy-paste support in Windows 10 even though it has been there since MS-DOS in the 1980s.

Modern macOS is just an iPhone accessory. If you want something that's pretty, justwerks™, and is unix-based, you may just want to just save yourself a couple thousand dollars and install elementaryOS.

Linux has never had any terminal.

Linux was originally a terminal. That's the literal word Torvalds uses to describe its first working state.

Linux was originally a disk operating system

A disk operating system should at least have a filesystem. The original incarnation of Linux was just a terminal for connecting to university computers.
His biography is half a megabyte too large to attach, but here's a link:
my.mixtape.moe/atcqzf.pdf
Page 62 explains Linux's origin. Among other things, the book also features laments about the size of Torvald's nose.

Installing console2 and powershell makes it somewhat tolerable. Granted the Mac terminal is still infinitely better by virtue of being a UNIX-system

CMD is legacy. PowerShell is the default Windows console shell as of the recent major upgrades to Windows 10.

Also, you can install PowerShell on Linux and Mac.

CMD is shill used a lot.
Powershell is only used by admins

You can enable the Windows Subsystem for Linux and then install Bash on Ubuntu on Windows, which natively runs a Bash console in Ubuntu inside the Windows console subsystem.

Best of both worlds.

no networking

wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/266908-command-prompt-console-bash-on-ubuntu-on-windo