AMA

Ask a guy whos been locked up in a psych hospital for the last 1 1/2 years anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_side_effects_of_bupropion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_adverse_effects_of_venlafaxine
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What did you do?

Keeping in mind that Trump is president,
is it crazier or saner on the inside?

This. What are the details? Why locked up? Still insane?

What kinds of meds are you forced to take?

Are you one of those smear shit in your hair retards?

fake

Trump is the sane choice faggot

Probably

Schizophrenic with bipolar tendencies, the final straw was when I mentiones shooting up a school

theyre both unpredictable but on the outside you are generally safer and wont have some crazy fuck assaulting you

pic related a few were removed because they made me a drunken retard

you crazy bastard

what country
did you refuse drugs and did they force them in you anyway
did you go voluntary or did someone rat you out
how the fuck 1.5 years anyway as i understand after a month they can only keep you if your condition changed, did they just reuse that loophole?
did a pastor ever awkwardly visit you?

Minocycline's an antibiotic. What was that for?

Did you have sex with some crazy chick?

America
Refusing drugs isnt an option, they will lock you up in a more restrictive place until you take em.
I got ratted out
Longer times for intense patients
No pastors

nunya business

No the facility was all men.

Sorry to hear that, OP. I've known 2 people (an ex girlfriend and a cousin) who had paranoid schizophrenia, and so I know first-hand how incredibly difficult it can make one's life.

When were you diagnosed?
What were the first symptoms?
How effective are the meds?

t. pedo

bummer
was it at least full with trannies? did you tap the boipucci?

Wut. Why would you think that?

So…

You got locked up in the psychiatric ward for exercising your right to say whatever the fuck you want?

Making violent threats is against the law.

Nigga, they're giving you a shitload of pills.

Why is the judge so mad at you?

Anyway, how is the climate in Minesota?

Sorta depends on context.

If you say:
I'm going to shoot you in the head - threat but legal.

I have a gun in my waistband and Im going to shoot you in the head - criminal threat and illegal.

I'm going to shoot up a pet supply store - threat but legal

I'm going to shoot up a pet supply store to destroy family and cause pain and suffering - Terroristic threat and illegal.

district attorney here

What you're saying is that if you disclose the MO and the reasons, it is most likely a crime?

Then the threats should be simple and "hollow"?

Pretty sure this would qualify as being illegal–at least enough to commit a paranoid schizophrenic for a while.

fuck off

There's no way in fucking hell someone will get better eating all those pills.

Also, how long you're stuck there?

Forever?

There's no cure for schizophrenia, but It does improve the delusions and hallucinations for most.

FFS, mr. FBI, we all know that's a ruse, a fancy toolkit made specially to torture some with "biological backdoors".

They feel the itches, they feel the urges, and they "see" stuff. All in order to make those persons miserable.

Have you seen the things that guy is taking? You were a smoker?

Seems like you could benefit from some of that medication yourself.

Sure thing, mr FBI. Sure thing.

But let's get something clear. you go first.

How much do you think the pills fucked you up?

Aripiprazole, sold under the brand name Abilify among others, is an atypical antipsychotic. It is recommended and primarily used in the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
Benzatropine, also known as benztropine, is an anticholinergic marketed under the trade name Cogentin which is used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease, Parkinsonism, and dystonia.
Wellbutrin XL (bupropion hydrochloride extended-release) is an antidepressant used to treat major depressive disorder and seasonal affective disorder. At least one brand of bupropion (Zyban) is used to help people stop smoking by reducing cravings and other withdrawal effects.
Buspirone, sold under the brand name Buspar, is an anxiolytic drug that is primarily used to treat generalized anxiety disorder. It is also commonly used to augment antidepressants in the treatment of major depressive disorder.
Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine used to relieve symptoms of allergy, hay fever, and the common cold. These symptoms include rash, itching, watery eyes, itchy eyes/nose/throat, cough, runny nose, and sneezing. It is also used to prevent and treat nausea, vomiting and dizziness caused by motion sickness.
Venlafaxine is an antidepressant in a group of drugs called selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SSNRIs). Venlafaxine affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause depression. Venlafaxine is used to treat major depressive disorder, anxiety, and panic disorder.
Gabapentin, sold under the brand names Neurontin among others, is a medication used to treat epilepsy, neuropathic pain, hot flashes, and restless legs syndrome. In epilepsy, it may be used for those with partial seizures.
Prazosin is used with or without other medications to treat high blood pressure. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems. Prazosin belongs to a class of medications called alpha blockers. It works by relaxing and widening blood vessels so blood can flow more easily.
Oxcarbazepine is an anticonvulsant drug primarily used in the treatment of epilepsy.[2] There is some evidence for oxcarbazepine as a mood-stabilizing agent and thus, it can be used as add-on therapy for bipolar disorder in patients that have failed or are unable to tolerate approved treatments.

Srsly, mr. FBI, what the actual fuck are you guys doing with that poor guy?

Looks like the meds won't do anything, he'll just suffer from the side effects. Why keep someone that miserable alive?

And the antibiotic.

Minocycline is a broad-spectrum tetracycline antibiotic, and has a broader spectrum than the other members of the group. It is a bacteriostatic antibiotic, classified as a long-acting type.

Nigga, you should have done that shit before saying it outloud. You would be in the eletric chair right now, not wasting your time on useless pills.

Honestly, I used to ask myself the same thing when I'd see the condition that my cousin and ex-girlfriend were in. When they were off the medication, they were batshit and completely disconnected from reality; when they were on the meds, they were lethargic zombies. Their lives seemed like a living hell to me.

Some people can improve dramatically and learn to function with it tho.

Doctors receive more money from the big pharma every time they keep prescribing useless things for people.

Some people are overprescribed, sure. But it's easy for people like yourself to lump everything into "muh evil big pharma" when you don't have to deal with loved ones or patients who struggle with extreme delusions and hallucinations.

It'll be nice when we can have a magic pill that can cure it, but until then, they have to rely on cocktails that merely reduce the symptoms.

Doctors only prescribe a shitload of medicines when they get money from the big pharma, or because they're lazy, or because they can't diagnose the subject.

The last seem to be OP's situation.

They're trying to cure the flu with some heavy ass antibiotic. No wonder why FEMA want that budget.

that webm was hot

Something tells me you're not exactly an expert.

Obviously there are unscrupulous doctors who overprescribe because of greed; however, in many cases, they end up prescribing a ton of meds because certain meds cause NEW symptoms that need to be balanced by medication that reduces those symptoms.

Psychiatry is a pseudoscience, and our knowledge of the human brain is extremely limited, so treating patients includes a lot of trial and error.

Sure thing, but just look at OP's medical record.

It looks like they're not sure of what they're looking for, and they're trying to steer his behavior through the collateral effects that stack..

I mean, he's being threated for Parkinson, ffs.

Actually meds should have been through the trial and error phase before even entering the market

Proof that loony bins are merely facilities for the pharmaceutics industry to flush away their produce while getting paid for it. No one cares about helping mental health patients or treating them. They're just cattle to eat the fodder. Getting "healthy" again is just pure chance and not due to the "treatment", yet sold as "success" to sell more of their chemicals.

Damn, I wonder why those things happen in first place.

This is often the case. Like I said, trial and error.

When my ex was first committed she had the same problem. They prescribed her a ton of meds and tweaked her cocktail according to the results. When she got out, her regimen was reduced to a few pills.

Not everybody responds the same to the meds. For one person, a few meds can allow them to be a functional member of society; for another, the meds may not have much of a discernible effect.

Subject claims to be there for a while longer than just the basic "shake up meds".

Sounds like you've been reading too many blogposts by holistic quackpots.

Lemme guess, you think cancer can be cured with a proper diet and some natural supplements, huh?

That tends to happen when you threaten to shoot up a school–especially given the increase in mass shooting events.

This is known. The usual routine is to ptescribe a different med insteaf of trying to fix the issues with additional crap.

And if nothing helps, it would be more honorable for a doctor to admit being useless instead of fooling around with the patient imo

Then the answer is to actually do it?

That's why the US is fucked up.

If they can't hit the cause, they just throw meds at the symptoms.

We don't know what's been tried with OP, nor the effectiveness of the antipsychotics, nor whether other meds were tried that didn't have severe side effects but also didn't work… so there's really no point in bickering about it.

The answer is to seek help if you're suffering from a mental illness.

Aripiprazole, sold under the brand name Abilify among others, is an atypical antipsychotic. It is recommended and primarily used in the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
In adults side effects with greater than 10% incidence include weight gain, headache, agitation or anxiety, insomnia, and gastro-intestinal effects like nausea and constipation, and lightheadedness.[1][2][3][4][32] Side effects in children are similar, and include sleepiness, increased appetite, and stuffy nose.[1] A strong desire to gamble, binge eat, shop, and have sex may also occur.[33] Cases of pathological gambling have been reported.[34]
Uncontrolled movement such as restlessness, tremors, and muscle stiffness have been reported in children and adults, but they are rare.[1][35]

Benzatropine, also known as benztropine, is an anticholinergic marketed under the trade name Cogentin which is used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease, Parkinsonism, and dystonia.

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion hydrochloride extended-release) is an antidepressant used to treat major depressive disorder and seasonal affective disorder. At least one brand of bupropion (Zyban) is used to help people stop smoking by reducing cravings and other withdrawal effects.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_side_effects_of_bupropion

Buspirone, sold under the brand name Buspar, is an anxiolytic drug that is primarily used to treat generalized anxiety disorder. It is also commonly used to augment antidepressants in the treatment of major depressive disorder.

Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine used to relieve symptoms of allergy, hay fever, and the common cold. These symptoms include rash, itching, watery eyes, itchy eyes/nose/throat, cough, runny nose, and sneezing. It is also used to prevent and treat nausea, vomiting and dizziness caused by motion sickness.

Venlafaxine is an antidepressant in a group of drugs called selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SSNRIs). Venlafaxine affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause depression. Venlafaxine is used to treat major depressive disorder, anxiety, and panic disorder.
Adverse effects
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_adverse_effects_of_venlafaxine

Gabapentin, sold under the brand names Neurontin among others, is a medication used to treat epilepsy, neuropathic pain, hot flashes, and restless legs syndrome. In epilepsy, it may be used for those with partial seizures.

Prazosin is used with or without other medications to treat high blood pressure. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems. Prazosin belongs to a class of medications called alpha blockers. It works by relaxing and widening blood vessels so blood can flow more easily.

Oxcarbazepine is an anticonvulsant drug primarily used in the treatment of epilepsy.[2] There is some evidence for oxcarbazepine as a mood-stabilizing agent and thus, it can be used as add-on therapy for bipolar disorder in patients that have failed or are unable to tolerate approved treatments.

Just look at OP's medical record. Look at the side effects of everything he's taking.

If he wanted to murder people before, now he'll just have a seizure and stay in a bed forever.

If those are the only 2 options, I'd prefer it if he just stayed in bed forever.

Fema coffins have room for four subjects, never forget that, lad.

I have no clue what you're talking about. But like… you seem tooootally woke.

What, don't you think that suicide is better than staying in some bed forever?

Sure, I get that part. But you kinda went off the rails when you were suggesting that they should just release him and let him go on a murderous rampage.

Why not call that place an Army?

If done right, everybody gets to kill at least a dozen arabs.

Sounds great. That is, until they start receiving transmissions from extraterrestrials telling them that the Muslims are actually angels sent from Lord Xentopticon from the planet Ptolschemy and that they should instead focus their efforts on overthrowing the US government that's run by their reptilian overlords.

As soon as you kick the paratrooper outside into the fire of hell, I'm sure that if they survive, they'll be better suited in the battlefield.

The Parkinson's meds could be to treat hand tremors that are very common with anxiety/depression.

wtf

If I pretend to be insane could I get locked up too and live the ultimate life of NEET luxury?

it won't be anything close to what you want

Well I guess it's the noose for me then

People like you deserve to be lined up in front of a firing squad. THREATENING is for drama queen bitches.

This is great Internet Comment Etiquette.

Why'd you do it?

Idiot. The uprising hasn't started yet.

Awwwwww.

yeah none of this has to do with legality they can lock you up against your will but it's in the hospital not jail so they can lock up anyone they decide has 1. a mental disorder and 2. a chance they might hurt themself or others

is at least in part true, i know they prescribe benztropine (anti-parkinson's) to combat the side effects of the fucking anti-psych drugs that actually GIVE YOU PARKINSON'S as a "side" effect (stop taking benztropine for a couple days OP, you'll see how fucked up these drugs they're making you take really are) (don't do that)
it's better to solve problems like delusions by designing your life and your brain to work around your issues, usually ending in a useless piece of shit but at least psychological problems can be solved, the "side" effects of those drugs are not going away
not like you have a choice anyway, can't-keep-his-dumb-mouth-shut-OP :^)

this. "problem solved".

How does it feel to be modding the board again?