How come C# gets no love here? It is a nice language and Visual Studio is a really good IDE...

How come C# gets no love here? It is a nice language and Visual Studio is a really good IDE. Microsoft should get some respect for evolving C# better than Oracle's stewardship over Java.

Other urls found in this thread:

x86.renejeschke.de/html/file_module_x86_id_154.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because some based user would say that windoze sucks and promotes script kiddies or some shit.

This is bait
Microsoft meme language.
Enjoy botnet that changes your code.
Microsoft deserves nothing.
They are just again making a EEE via pozzing every possible scholars to learn that non-free language.
C, C++ are enough.

Not using state of the art CoC. It's the current year after all.

What if everything was Java, but different?

C# is yet another case of OO done wrong.
Still 1000x better than Java though.

Why would anyone use java or c# anyway ?
C/C++, Python and x86-64 asm is all you need.

it's good until you trip yourself over obscure memory leak bug or other shit which requires and extensive winapi knowledge to even attempt to fix it

I started using it for some webdev projects.
Visual Studio Code on arch linux, no complaints so far.

I believe it must be a decent choice for web projects.
Do you recommend any framework?

why would you use c# over c++?

Please x86.renejeschke.de/html/file_module_x86_id_154.html

Really? I wouldn't know, it's not done starting up yet.

I don't understand why these high level languages with big startup times won't do AOT compilation or caching, or system images just like Lisp does. Like always Lisp is ahead of its time and other languages have to catch up.
When I used at work to run a trivial Java program in a loop of a shell script, over 90% of the runtime was spent in the initialization of Java. Same shit with python, when I was assigned to a large zope project which took 45s to start.

I can't imagine a use case where 90% of your executions are occurring as a cold boot. Are you using Java as a shell login routine? Sounds like a PEBCAK issue.

Yes it's why I said a trivial program; it didn't do much more than query a DB and insert a few rows. But than program was invoked many times repeatedly.
If I replaced the program with another in a script language, it became faster by a remarkable magnitude.

C# is marginally better than Java in some aspects. They are both shit languages and the people who think there's a perceptable difference between the two are homos.

I use C# because there's a market for it but I'm not going to evangelize for it (M$ does that enough) and I'm certainly not going to talk about it on Holla Forums

I'd say kys but before that, how did you get such to a such pathetic state?

Why respond to a bait thread then?

it's actually pretty OK.

They have amazing documentation with no equal, and hiring MVP's to answer questions on StackExchange was the right decision so it's a great secondary repo of information.

It also has a few bugs I've found but for the most part is pretty consistent. It's up there among the best things Microsoft has tried their hands at. It's a pity they don't support it enough internally.

They're out there but typically just run boring blogs that noone reads. In my experience, most of the high profile microsoft shills on Stack Exchange are whites.

Web projects aren't really my thing, I just wanted to showcase my work like an interactive resume of sorts.
I'm using .NET core, but I haven't used any other frameworks so I don't know how it compares.

Because Lisp images are like Lisp programmers. They don't respect users or play well with others. They act like there's only one program on the whole computer and they can change the library code however they want. It's just a fancy name for a savestate or core dump.

Have you ever heard of mono?

At that point the solution is often to have it running continuously, either looping or accepting input through a named pipe or something similar. Depends on the exact details though.

Mono is deprecated since .NET Core is a thing now.

Isn't it also created by 'unexecuting'?

Perl lets you do it too.

MM YEAH I SURE DO LOVE A BLOATED PIECE OF SHIT IDE THAT TAKES AGES TO LOAD, CRASHES RANDOMLY AND SPIES ON YOU

Ugg, oh, gro -- UGG user don't make me v -- urp -- vomit.

Yeah, it's good for servers, but mono is still backed by the industry and can adapt .net core as needed.

Because this generation of programmers are shitty indie game developers that are scared of the mere thought of C/C++.

C#?
Object Oriented is not going to happen. Time to accept it.

Is it true that C# has superseded C++ in the gamedev sector?
I vaguely remember a GDC speaker asking the audience "who still uses C++" and getting nearly no raised hand in response.

You know that's full of SJWs and trannies, right?

Python is fine as a scripting language.

The GDC is full of these indie devs who makes shit games.

shitty pageet language that was invented by Microsoft because they don't trust Indians to touch the C API that they have had since 1996, Real windows programming is done using the C API that everything else is built off of. Being better than java is one step better than being shit, its such a low bar that its not something you can brag about

If you want to program for anything that Microsoft made download Pelles C or Open Watcom C, visual studio is made for C# monkeys and C++ is for MS engineers who are reusing the C tools we have had forever. Pelles C is better than Microsoft's IDE because its ~20 MB when microsoft has an IDE that is 20 GB and cant even implement C11. If modern Microsoft was respectable then Pelles C and Open Watcom would not have technical merits to hold above MS. Maybe you should program in C and not C-hashtag like a white man

Unity uses C# for scripting, but the engine itself is written in C++. There are more people using Unity than there are people developing Unity, so naturally there are more people who "write their game" in C#, but all that code is still heavily dependent on quality C++ programming. So the answer really depends on whom you are asking.

As an embedded C developer when I need to develop utility programs on windows I would rather knock them together in 5 minutes in C# rather than piss around with WINAPI DWORD CreateWindowExShit2( LPCSWSTKTKTOP UNUSED p DPWLDPF security ) bullshit of the win32 api.

It was Microsoft's answer to Java. So, it's a better Java, but that's not saying much.

Or you can just use C++ with .NET or Mono.

Why do you think friend?

Two words:

I didn't like them much before they became the evil they are today. Now the idea of supporting them is simply anathema.