Non cape heroes who would make great cape heroes

A sister thread to the "Who are some non-cape villains who would make fucking incredible cape villains?" thread.

Let us begin the en-capening.

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomics.tv/comic-search?key=the shadow
dumb.com/oldtimeradio/radio/193/Mystery/Shadow_The.html
thepiratebay.org/torrent/4169278/THE_SHADOW_Radio_Serials_[1937-1954]
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I take it you are leftypol? Nonetheless I'll give this thread a shot.

Van Helsing monster hunter
Snake Eyes
Captain Gordon from Godzilla Final wars. He is badass personified.
Kenshin Himura
Captain Mal Reynolds from Firefly

Missed opportunity

Arnold saved a man's life once.

can you tell us the story of that user?

There was an user in the "players didn't know they were fucked" thread on /tg/ who used him and Takumi as bosses or something. I didn't pay too much attention to description he offered and weirdly it slid off the board so I can't re-read it.

But a Mr.Bean type comic strip in which he tries to solve issues by drifting a Corvette or something into it might be a good read.

Having a Vigilante 8/Interstate 76 inspired comic done like how CAGE is being done might be cool.

He saved a drowning man's life in 2004 while on vacation in Hawaii by swimming out and bringing him back to shore.

That sounds pretty awesome user. Reminds me of that time Harrison ford saving people with his helicopter.

The Stig superpower is to summon any car from thin air. A Veyron for car chase, a Skyline for twisting lanes, Porsche to deliver a warm stew, and a Beemer if he feels like a douchebag that day.

Why the fuck everything must be related to Holla Forums or Holla Forums? Just post something you cunt. Also isn't that big coat can be considered a cape?

I was just making an observation user I wasn't trying to turn this thread into a political shit fit. Sorry about that. Also, I already posted stuff and you never specified that coats count as capes. If they don't I'll post some other stuff then.

I'm having hard time thinking of examples that could or couldn't be considered capes already. I wanna put Kamen Riders in here but they can arguably be considered capes in their own right. Well some at least, like Amazons, are less cape than others.

Excellent choice muh nigga

fuck off

Seriously? Let this meme die.

Hey man I'm going to disagree with you okay

Anything with Bruce Willis

He probably ripped it from the first result from google images, can't fault him when Google considers Tumblr the Walmart of images.

This right here! Not my fault it came from tumblr.

Get real, dude.

This is a lot harder than villains, I would say.

And a AK made out entirely out of wood

I bet Metroid could kick Superman's ass

Really? Even the internal components?

I wanted to post the Shadow only to realize he does wear a cape.

I second Freeman.
Real men fight in their underwear!

The Shadow wears a badass longcoat and a scarf. No cape, unless you count his brief, ill-advised foray into spandex.

And unless you count the little cape on some dusters and trenchcoats.

Thanks user. I guess I'll post him then.

Wacky underdog superheroes go!

I fucking LOVE the way they use his telepathic abilities. It's so much more clever than simply reading minds/communicating. I think he's highly underrated.

I've really got to disagree with giornio. He doesn't even want to be a hero, he's just something of a good hearted thief

Yeah but given the situation he'd rise to the occasion.

but The Shadow is a cape… there was even a bunch of stories and even an animated episode about how Batman was inspired by the shadow

Are there any comics of the Shadow available anywhere? I can't even find the movie.

Don't forget the bitchin movie soundtrack.

Torrent?

Eh, The Shadow is a Pulp hero, they were kind of precursors to capes, Shadow was kind of an earlier, plainclothes Batman, like how Doc Savage was a human Superman. The pulp heroes sort-of had powers, sort-of had costumes, but they were a step between the hard boiled and noir genres and the true capes who appeared in the late 30's.

Shadow v.s. Grendel was great.
There's a loony Shadow series by Howard Chaykin that everybody hated at the time, but it might stand up better now.
The radio show is great if you can find it, Orson Welles did his voice.
I'd like to see the old story where Batman met The Shadow again if anyone's got it.

I think the movie can be found on Putlocker. I know an user storytimed some Shadow comics a while ago. I think you can find them on readcomics.tv/comic-search?key=the shadow

Dubs checked.
Nice song dubs. I got another Shadow song.

He's better if he was in a spy book, something Tom Clancy-esk

here

a0a17bda937a5cfc4c8f8b8ce7647f55d3cac43e

I'd buy a Wesley Willis comic book.

Isn't there already a mgs comic?

Here's a few episodes I could find.

dumb.com/oldtimeradio/radio/193/Mystery/Shadow_The.html

thepiratebay.org/torrent/4169278/THE_SHADOW_Radio_Serials_[1937-1954]

That was awesome user. Thank you.

Nice

I think Snakes Eyes counts as cape

Because he was in the GI Joe comics?

Ooh, that's a new one to me, the one I read must have been a later story where they meet. At the end The Shadow offers a pair of his silver-plated 1911's to Batman as mementos…

There's also a story from Marvel where Doc Savage teams up with The Thing, that's so random, it's like one of those fake covers they shoop up for that Super-Team Family: The Lost Issues site.

Yeah mostly

cape is the most autistic sounding name for a super hero I've ever heard in my life, worse than the likes of "supers" and such.

Wasn't Wesley Willis already in a comic with Wonder Woman?

Cant say im sure

Somwhere in an alternate universe Steve is reborn as the superhero beastmaster. Or Wrasslemaster.

???

He could be Aquaman's counterpart, "Aussieman"

I don't know dude it was the 70's.

Yeah, he showed up as "Milan", a friend of Orion's.

Rock over Metropolis, rock over Gotham.

Basically almost any Character Action hero would work

Shame there wasnt a sequel