Alien covenant

I just saw this shit, how can a ¨good¨ director do something so fucking awful?, prometheus was shit but this surpass it, i left the cinema really mad of wasting 2 hours on this shit

he's what, 80?

He never really had any good movies after the 80's anyhow.

Ridley Scott was never a good director. He gets a good script and crew, he can do a passing job. But he's no auteur.

Aliens was the last good Alien film, none of them will ever even get close. Go in expecting a new Alien film to be shit, because it will be, every time.

I really liked Alien Covenant. I'm seeing it for a third time tomorrow. I really don't care if fanboys who get their opinions from youtube ecelebs throw a tantrum. These will be like the Star Wars prequels in that sense. People are already admitting Prometheus was a good movie. This wasn't a retread of Prometheus but it was good in its own ways, I really liked the themes of Covenant. Fassbender was awesome in it, the music was great, it had an appropriate scifi tone, and the creatures were cool.

Is this bait or retards like this exist? I really cant tell anymore

It's not bait. I'm 100 percent serious. Please let the youtube ranters form your opinions for you. Movie got positive reviews btw. Sorry I'm able to enjoy a movie and not shit on everything that comes out because it's from a franchise.

Ridley is buttmad shitmetheus was disliked. Now he intentionally ruins everything while keeping a stronger prometheus vibe for david.

Prometheus made $400 million. It was a big success.

Also all David did was crossbreed and alter an existing creature. You obviously didn't watch the movie.

He considers it a mistake.

How does that change anything of what I linked or said ?
David now is playing the role of the greek prometheus, giving fire and knowledge to the alium(in this case simply creating a more intelligent version of the white alium) and later being punished for it by the *gods* - creators which we are yet to see.

No wonder marshmallow man never smiled

He is a man of science.

3 was pretty good, tho.

Covenant looks kinda okay based on the previews. It seems to be character-driven, the atmosphere seems straightforward and sensible. Even if the script is retarded it will still be better than Blunderkamp's Alien 5.

The only good scene in that movie was when David killed all the engineers which I really didn't mind, the sunlight on their planet was depressing what culture did they have.

I actually rewatched prometheus and I had liked it but besides the intro with the engineer the first half is complete ass. Alien Covenant has grown on me the more I think about it. I hated the girl lead but its not bad its pretty good as a throwback. If you understand the dual nature of things it tried to do. The force awakens failed and alien covenant succeeded in this regard. Is it without flaws? No but if you see it as a classic monster movie with dracula and frankenstein and planet of the vampyres vibe its cool. Prometheus was about finding god. Alien covenant was aboit finding the devil

(Cont) the score was amazing and added tension

Ruined the whole thing.

Next time he should not hire a pretentious wanna be Shyamalan to write the script.

The movies don't explain enough.

We know the Engineers in Prometheus were killed by Trilobites and Deacons, we know this because in the hologram recording of the Engineers running from something we don't see we hear it make the same scream the Deacon made after it came out of the Last Engineer at the end of the movie.

Now how were there even Trilobites and Deacons attacking the Engineers in the first place?

Prometheus shows that a Trilobite is created by a man being infected with black goo having sex with a woman, so the same thing must have happened to the Engineers since they have the same DNA as humans, one of them accidentally ingested black goo and had sex with his Engineer gf, problem being no female Engineers are shown in the movie, they're all male. He could have easily put in a few scenes hinting at this (have them find a dead female engineer in a medlab or something) but instead it's a mystery to anyone that doesn't hunt down info on social media/youtube etc.

Of course Ridley doesn't seem to be paying attention to his own movies since now that David created the Xenomorphs it makes no sense how they got eggs on that crashed ship in the first movie. That dead Space Jockey has been retconned into being killed by a Trilobite since Xenos can't have existed back before his ass was fossilized.

Never mind that the Deacons are really no different from the Xenos, most of the audience mistook that mural in the Engineer ship for being a Xeno since they look basically the same.

In the novelization David didn't invent them, just implemented tech he salvaged from the ruins. Which is what they'll probably retcon it quietly in the future.

As for the mystery, the engineers are just an subset of some greater faction. They still have time and room to fix it. Just get some real writers on it. Listen what Scott has to say but don't let him dictate it.

What are you talking about ? All of these movies new take place years before alium 1.

Alien>Covenant>Aliens>Alien3>Prometheus>Ressurection

The Space Jockey in Alien was ancient.

The ones they found in Prometheus were 2000 years od.

I can't believe that created the original Alien movie made this mess of a film

Scott is a glorified DOP, and granted, how a film looks is pretty fuckin important, but he doesn't do much beyond that.

Fuck i intented to put "good director", i know the guy its a hack but he got some decent films, this one is horrible