Castlevania cartoon

Adventure time producer is working on a castlevania animated series…WELP here we go archive.is/xIJjO

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/television/Castlevania-Animated-Series-Coming-Here-What-Expect-81427.html
dengine.net/
archive.is/t615
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It will be shit.

so, more noodle limbs and line/dot faces?

Why did Simon Belmont in Captain N look like an airplane pilot anyway? I mean sure, no one looked like they did in the video games, but at least they kept the gist of what the characters were supposed to be, except for Simon who looked like someone tried to anthropomorphize Launchpad from Duck Tales.

Shit I never realized that until now.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sounds like it's going to be pretentious as shit.

What have Konami said about this?

Supposedly they based the design on his voice actor. Fil Barlow has confirmed numerous times that the multitude of nintendo and dic executives at the time never cared about nor inquired as to why the character designs looked nothing like the video game characters. He made mega man green because the played the game on a shitty television and had to draw his pitch from memory, genuinely thinking at the time that he remembered him as a fat green guy.

Well he wasn't too off.

I can get that there would be differences in details, but at least Mega Man looks like some sort of futuristic guy. They knew enough to know Simon Belmont is a vampire hunter, and yet he looks like an airplane pilot with those goggles, the scarf, the padded jacket, the gloves and the backpack. It's like they had a character design for an unrelated show and just re-used it for Captain N.

The people who made it never actually fucking played Video Games

Entertainment industry in the 80s was full of arrogant cunts who always envisioned licensed IPs in their own vision. Look at Super Mario the Movie. They took the Super Mario Bros game basic premise and turn it into shit. Fun shit but still shit.

That was DIC and Ruby Spear's fault. They did the same to Sanic too even though some people think the Sanic cartoons were okay. Nah, westerners don't understand shit and the japs never bothered to explain.

Tell me this isn't the greatest thing to ever be shown on television

At least Spear gave us some good shit

I know the Sanic cartoon produced some of the best memis out there but it was all unintentional. And fuck if actually sitting down and watching the damn show isn't annoying. And goddamn Urkel was such a terrible decision.

GETTING MILK

Isn't this the fucking soundtrack from the Dragon Ball Z dub?

There's no such thing as intentional meme.

Japs didn't care so long as they got paid. With the Mario movie, the people who made it basically went to Nintendo and said 'We're gonna make this movie and it's going to be nothing like the video games, will you give us the licence anyway?' and they said okay. Then the fucking marketing people came in and were like 'what the fuck are you doing? You're going to blow the biggest opportunity we have to market shit to kids' so they came in and interfered with it and it turned into complete shit.

Unsurprisingly Nintendo hold tight control over their IPs now

What about when we produce memes? We intent for them to become memes and they usually do.

What were they going to do with a live action Mario movie anyway? It's not like Mortal Kombat or Resident Evil (or Castlevania) where the adaptation pretty much writes itself.

Basically what they tried to do with it, make it this sort of dystopian fairy tale. But the executives wanted it to be more child friendly and the result is this weird Frankenstein's monster of a film.

There is no such thing as "producing meme"

Meme is a collaborative work. First, one or more people got an idea and put it in image/words. The meme itself need to win approval from the mass and it's a hard thing to do. It's not like you can create one now and tomorrow it's a worldwide sensation.

either way it sounded like it was gonna be shit. i hate gritty grimdark takes on kid friendly shit because it usually tries too hard and it's pretentious. granted there are some exceptions.

What about stuff like the Denny's twitter? They became a meme and did it on purpose.

The Ocean Dub reused the Mega Man soundtrack for later seasons, as well as some music from Monster Rancher.

Oh and there's also all the forced SilvaGunner memes and "X but the X is X everytime X happens" like the Bee Movie edits, Robbie Rotten, NutShack, Lorax and so on. They were tailor made to be memes.

Even Denny's Twitter is not an exception. They can post all kind of rambling on the net for all eternity but if internet community don't think it's good then it's just another gimmicky twitter account.

Denny's twitter gained mass approval just like other meme. People start retweet or reposting the screenshots to other social sites and it gained popularity.

so when is someone gonna implant a bunch of nanomachines to try and figure out how to succesfully forces memes into our DNA?

Ask Ocelot, maybe he know.

AND YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT

>YFW this is realistically a best-case scenario

What a way to start the new year.

Better or worse than a Warren Ellis-written DTV with goat and snake fucking?

Why even live?

Thankfully, you're mistaken.

cinemablend.com/television/Castlevania-Animated-Series-Coming-Here-What-Expect-81427.html

When did this happen?

They bring a lot of interesting promises. But I still skeptical. My hype level is thiiiiiiiis high.

I dont know

Who's the writer?

They don't announce it yet but it's produced by Channel Frederator (those people who made Adventure Time)

Its doomed

Yep

That's never a good sign.

So… OUR VAMPIRES ARE DIFFERENT?

yep

Anyone else announced?

The cartoon was shit, but the design philosophy behind Robotnik was amazing.

Fucking shame we dont see this any more

Practically

These are so much fun to see.

Its gonna suck

My favorite parts are the little notes for the artist.

>Draw expressively, not well.
>Remember Robotnik's inner tension [. . .] He is like a rubber band about to snap.
>Robotnik is not a straight villain. He is an object of ridicule.
>Big, huge, fat and repulsive.

All of that is so important to his character that they made sure the artist would keep it in mind while drawing him.

Thats pretty funny

do you think this cartoon was what caused him to be less of villain in the alter games? I never found him repulsive or ridiculous in Sonic 1,2,3 or CD. especially not CD.

He was always a joke. Sonic games tried to turn him into a less of a joke, actually. In Japan he have always been Eggman, while they changed his name in the west. I guess the cartoon helped to build that fame in the west, but he was always goofy and incompetent. In CD he was more menacing, but goofy.

His western name sounded better.

Too much effort for hipsters.

This

(checked)
Maybe not repulsive in the early games, but he has always been a round (fucking spherical even) man whose master plan involved shoving woodland critters into robots. He may not have always been an object of ridicule, but he was never a serious villain.

Agreed.

Yup. Their mantra is more "Don't draw expressively or well"

Until 06 happened.

Dude, draw me what you think a real ftl ship will look like. What? You think I should ask someone else. Exactly.

To be fair, his character wasn't really fleshed out that much in the games beyond "goofy mad scientist".

Prepare for ebin may mays
WHAT IS A MAN?
and that sort of shite
I honestly wish that AT would just crash With no survivors!

nice quads

Only in the 90s

There's a fan game called Lecarde Chronicles that is going to release a sequel soon, 90 percent done, and it'll feature the voice of Alucard from Symphony of the Night. Might wanna check that out.

Also steam/gog game called Odallus the Dark Call is great, so far the only retroclone that feels genuine, and not self aware and a parody like Shovel Knight and all that shit.

Yeah excuse my advertising I'm just bummed about it too so I gotta get my fix.

*voice actor, sorry. Do hope he sounds as cheesy as he did in SoTN

Why do people do this? It's not like he is ever going to sell the game (and even if he did, having the source would not hamper sales), so what's the point of keeping the source under wraps? Is it an ego thing?

Probably, and it's a shame too. I like the idea of these quality fan games 'cause it's like playing a Castlevania game that's been lost, true sequels. I would love the source code being released for more gayms.

I'll still be playing it though, again, need my god damn fix.

Copyright

Looks fun

Making the source code Open/Free does not lose you your copyright. In fact, it's copyright that forces people to adhere to the terms of your license. So if you were to release the code under the GPL people would be forbidden to use your code in proprietary software, something you could not require if he code was in the public domain. Furthermore, the code is just the code, it does not mean the assets like graphics and music must be free as well.

It used to be common with older games like Doom, you can get the source code for the game freely, but you still need the WADs to actually play the game. Modern source ports have made it possible to extend Doom way beyond anything it was ever meant to do. You can have high resolutions, smooth mouse view, modern controls, etc. My favourite port is the Doomsday Engine; it has a very high degree of polish and it's very nice to use, I generally turn off all the modern fancy effects (like dynamic lighting), but I like to keep the widescreen aspect ratio and higher resolution.
dengine.net/

You know why I think it's common? They just don't care, or they don't even think about it. It doesn't occur to them that they could release the source code.

That's not a scarf. He's looks like a classic mountaineer or spelunker.

The japs didn't come up with Sonic, this meme needs to die. Sonic was an American creation dictated to Japanese "creators" based on how it would appeal to westerners. Nothing about the Japanese version of Sonic is sacred, it is closer to credit theft to try and give the retarded japanese lore more credit than it deserves.

Yes they did. They came up with the original designs (which had wilder spines and fangs), and then it was handed off to the western branch, who gave feedback on how to change it to cater towards a western audience. From the beginning, it was decided that there would be two versions of Sonic "lore", one for the east and one for the west. The west had a whole Sonic "bible". The cartoons, however, didn't follow it all that closely. Fleetway's Sonic the Comic is actually closest to the western Sonic lore in terms of non-game media. However, once Adventure was being developed, SEGA decided to "merge" the canons, which mostly meant taking the Japanese canon (which had even alluded to the existence of Chaos in the Sonic 3 manual) and making Eggman's last name "Robotnik".

Western Sonic has always been a modification of what JP created. It was a Japanese designer (who appeared wearing an Iizuka fan club shirt in that Mania parody commercial of the Sonic 2 commercial) that created Metal and Amy for Sonic CD. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 contains "Eggman" labels on Wing Fortress Zone. The games were wholly Japanese products that then had new manuals written for them in the west.

meant to post this as well

Yes they did.
The fact that Sonic CD was an anime before that god awful cartoon came out is proof of this.

No, they did not. When the first Sonic game was being worked on, it was a collaborative project, and most of the creative work came from the American side. Sonic's lore was never solely a product of Japan, nor was it originally envisioned as what it morphed into with the Adventure games. That came from Sega of Japan assuming full control during the same period they destroyed the company out of their jealousy.
The cartoon lore wasn't official game lore either, but more like a spring off of it. The original five games (1, 2, Sonic CD, and 3+Knuckles) had a vague lore that wasn't fully established. From this various other stories were made in different mediums that all followed aspects of what was there. The Japanese lore with all its retarded bullshit didn't come about until Adventure.
Sega of Japan ruined Sonic. There is nothing good by trying to put it solely in their hands.
Sonic SatAM is not the game canon, but it isn't a bad adaption of it when you discount executive meddling. The Japanese adaption of the game's original canon is and always has been terrible.

Nice revisionist history there, but that isn't true. It was a collaborative effort from the start. Having the japanese names in the game doesn't prove anything. And of course they had two "canons" (laughable, considering how thread bare the stories were). Japanese and Americans don't like exactly the same things. This is why a cute name like Eggman flies over there, while for a villain the west wants a more fitting name.
You've bought into a lot of SoJ's PR stories.

Wew, what a connection! I mean there were only Chaos Emeralds in all the games, who would ever have thought there might be something else to it!?

Being a "collaboration" doesn't suddenly not make Sonic an original Japanese IP you retard. He was licensed by a fucking japanese company use your brain.

The entire creation of "Sonic" was done by the Japanese. The Americans then took it, stripped everything that wasn't needed, added what needed to, and made him the face of the Genesis. Simple as that.

When the entire thing was under the direction of Sega of America, yeah, it does. The development team was supplied to them, it was under their direction, they supplied most of the ideas.
Sonic was only ever good because of American involvement. Sega would have delivered another Alex Kidd tier "mascot" otherwise.
As for the lore, it barely existed for the first two games. The Japanese side slowly forming a lore that later on you watched and grew up with doesn't make that the "official lore" or give Sega of Japan full creative credit for Sonic.

Why do people, such as yourself, who are so ignorant about a subject bother talking about it? I get it, you watched Sonic X when you were a child. Unfortunately you were late to the party, and have no idea what Sonic was like before the cancer.

>>756888
It didn't.

archive.is/t615

You can't fool me, sodomite.

you guys have o shame do you? she does not even looks like a cartoon girl at all or even a comic girl, bring Kamala to beat her ass please.

Oh fuck off, it wasn't any better than the japanese bullshit

Burger still ignorant as usual