Firefox Screenshots

How do you feel about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

screenshots.firefox.com/
addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/nightly-tester-tools/
wiki.mozilla.org/Nightly#What_is_Firefox_Nightly.3F
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i feel that this is a shit thread without enough information for me to use to make a decision about how to answer the question presented by the faggot OP.

It's an upcoming Firefox feature found at screenshots.firefox.com/ but I thought that that was clearly obvious enough.

Botnetfox should stick with rendering html. That "reader view" thing is annoying too. And the incessant popups about that and various other things. Every time I have to use that browser, I'm immediately reminded why it sucks, and wonder how anyone can put up with it.

Why would I need a screenshot feature on a browser that already had a dozen screenshot add-ons? nevermind old Firefox versions can save entire pages via PDF or compressed png

Why isn't all this bloat made into plugins instead of part of the browser?

Add an option in the installer whether you want to automatically download whatever bloat mozilla wants you to have so normies will get them, and anyone with some braincells left can deselect that and get just the web browser.

There will be an extension for Chrome and maybe Edge as well.

Reader View strips out the unnecessary fluff from pages. How is this bad? You can even bookmark pages in Reader View to open them on it automatically.

Because screenshot --fullpage is not as user-friendly as clicking an icon.

You're confusing plug-ins (Flash, etc.) with add-ons or extensions. As to your question, no one will use software like that in the real world.

Only Mozilla could turn an OS feature older than most of its developers into a "Beta"

It's in beta because it started as a Test Pilot experiment and is now in nightly. Since the aurora channel was removed (as you prolly know already), it'll take a while before it gets to beta and then release.

If you wanted an icon to click for that all you had to do was hit f12, click the gear, and check the box for adding a screenshot button to the html editor. Then you had a full page screenshot button attached to your html editor.

That feature seems to be gone now though, or I'd screenshot it

I see screenshot settings but nothing to add an icon.

By the way, Firefox Screenshots lets you set an expiration period for uploaded screenshots. Can be as short as 10 minutes.

They must have removed the setting recently for this new thing, I used to use it to save full threads

The new feature is actually a system add-on and it stores the registration info, which are basically randomly generated numbers, in its storage.js file.

SHIFT F2

screenshot --fullpage

FUCK OFF

That is another way, yes.

addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/nightly-tester-tools/
These are from Mozilla and include a graphical way to take screenshots.

Because I don't want this reader view. When I use Firefox, which isn't often and only to access a few sites I need it for, their stupid popups keep nagging me. CLICK HERE FOR READER VIEW! CLICK HERE TO REMEMBER LOGIN PASSWORD! CLICK HERE TO CONFIGURE PRIVACY SHARING! CLICK HERE! CLICK HERE!
Fuck all that bullshit. I'm trying to access a website and they're fucking with me. When I start this browser, I want to get in and be out lickety-split, not click constantly to close their useless popup junk. This UI is garbage. This browser is dogshit.

I have never seen anyone complaining about this. You fucked up your installation and/or profile somehow.

I didn't fuck anything, I did what I had to in order to protect myself from the invasive botnet. So that means I always start Firefox in a competely fresh environment, like it was the very first time it's run (so no chances of having cookies and related shit like local storage). Since they don't provide any useful command line arguments to turn off all that extra CLICK HERE bullshit, I get hammered with it every single time. Oh, and since even their config files are all binary junk now, unlike the old days of Netscape when you actually had a readable ascii text config you could simply edit in vi or whatever, well now it's too much a PITA to make a config that doesn't spam me constantly. This browser is bullshit, the kind of thing I'd expect to see on Windows and iphones, but not a real OS.

You're trying to cut a nail by hammering the finger and then wonder why it's not working.

LOL
firefox is fuckign dead

Why are you blaming me? I'm stuck using their piece of shit browser, because the world thinks being stuck with fatass javashit dependency is a fantastic idea. And Mozilla thinks binary config files and no useful command-line options is a great idea. So now probably you have to use some special tools and crap, when a plain text editor should have been sufficient. And some people here are going to excuse that. Yeah, let's make things harder, just because we can. Great idea!
No, it's just bullshit and deserves to be called out for what it is.

It's an extension, duh.

You can set Firefox to clear all history when you close it and set permanent private browsing.

It was in the pilot addons as i remember. I used the terminal as it can save the whole site as a pic. Rarely needed but good to have.

This does that, too!

That's the thing, I don't trust them to clear everything. I start with a fresh environment every time, just to make sure.

Then that is your problem.

Whatever. I'll be the one having a good laugh when other people get pnwd by Firefox bug.

Well, there you go, then. The hassle you are going through now is the price you have to pay on that possible future laughter. Why are you even bitching?

this, it's very simple
/thread

There is no camera in the F12 tools.

what do you call that icon then?

totally-not-photographic-camera ?
square-with-circle-inside ?

Where is it then? I don't see any such icon.

you have to use firefox and press f12

You're probably using an outdated Firefox version. See .

impossible, I have both tor browser (using it rn) and normal firefox that gets updated by itself through linux

stop trying to troll. install firefox and press F12, you'll see it

I'm using the latest Nightly: 55.0a1 (2017-05-28).

I'm using firefox. It says 53.0.3 + linux.
tor uses 45.9

You do know that Nightly is also Firefox, right?

firefox is firefox

other versions of firefox that are not (yet) firefox are not firefox

Firefox Nightly lets you see what the stable release will likely become. Your argument makes no sense.

You guys are forgetting that the current add-on system is going to be deprecated and add-ons won't be able to do as much. I think Mozilla is just going to start taking the best add-ons and integrating them into the browser, so they can go

Firefox Screenshots is part of the new page action menu on the address bar.

Good, add-ons shouldn't have the power to take over the OS. WebExtensions are what the name implies: extensions for web browsers that allow us to manage the Web better. All relevant add-ons are already ready or are getting ready to migrate to WebExtensions (uBlock Origin, Adblock Plus, NoScript, uMatrix, Decentraleyes, etc.)

I thought it had yet to be compromised?
Also window's snipping tool masterrace

The word "botnet" is a meme.

Firefox has had google telemetry for years.

brandnew builtinbotnet

thanks you sjw faggotfucks

for what reason?

It uses Google Safe Browsing to scan for malware and phishing.

Thanks, I've found it now. They didn't remove it.

Why do you write like this? I starting seeing this regularly like a month or two ago and it's driving me nuts. Is this a phone thing?

It's mental illness. Only more serious than the usual autistic screeching, like found in this shit shill thread.

I will remember to double space after a full stop if it triggers your autism, user. How are you feeling?

Wat? You never heard of evercookies and other web beacons? That's in addition to whatever telemetry they do, for "debugging" purposes.
Quite frankly anyone who still uses JS browser is a retard, useful idiots, or a normie.

Well I started the dogshit meme around that time. But I don't use phones, that's botnet.

Or maybe people have actual work to do.

Web bugs and Web beacons are distinct. And all of that can be disabled.

I tire of the normies. Tech needs to do a better job of banning the jewish normie shills that fill this board. Retard jew kike faggots and the normie mases come here. Tech would be much better if we removed this shill presence. Look at the other annswers you got tell me that there are shills among us. The shills are here to be kikes and destroy us. We must fight them at all oppurtunities.

Why? Nobody asked for this.

This looks great cant wait to use it.

Speak for yourself.

i dunno but I had to use firefux on a windows machine yesterday, and holy fuck, i nearly smashed the monitor. i've never seen worse software in my life

I don't get it. You just install it and browse the Web. How can that go wrong?

Pic related was my workflow for taking most of the screenshots I want to take, and if this upcoming feature just does this but more conveniently, then I have nothing to complain about.

They're bugs in the sense that they're watching and tracking you. But anyway the JS browsers are huge and certainly full of coding and logic bugs, ready to be exploited. They couldn't even secure OpenSSL properly, so what makes you think these big fat browsers are any better.

JavaScript isn't the issue, it's what is done with it. HTML alone doesn't let you use something as simple as a button so you need to add JavaScript in order to have the button do something.

Well unless you're going to audit every single script before executing it, you will have problems eventually. It's like leaving your door wide open at night in the middle of a city like Chicago. The Internet of today isn't like the early 90's.

You sound like one of the fucking hungarians who come to the gentoo forums to autistically screech that their riced -O999 grsec install is showing a terrorist NSA error message about package masks even though they burned a new livecd and reinstalled from scratch the last 5 times they saw it.

It exposes lots of things that should not be exposed.

Leaving your door wide open isn't the issue, it's what is done with it!

Install Noscript. Problem solved.

for what purpose

just use F12 or PrtScn and crop it in MS Paint or GIMP

The Firefox engine is capable of achieving the result by itself. Doing it that way is a massive waste of time.

Does Noscript audit the code? Server JS can be changed, either directly on the server, or MITM.

Nah, I don't rice. Just run OpenBSD with all services disabled except some on localhost, a pf.conf that passes on traffic that was locally initiated, and a malloc.conf symlinked to 'S'. It's pretty easy and fast to setup all that. I can do it in about 15 minutes, starting from a totally blank, new machine.

^ I mean passes only traffic that was locally initiated

Shift+F2
screenshot

Boom

This has been in firefox for how long?

This is the average tard browsing this board

why not just save as mhtml? mhtml will compress better and it even includes all the javascript and shit

Privacy invasion, feature going to be abused by intelligence agencies and malware writers.

I can take my own screenshots without you having a copy on your servers thank you very fucking much or do i need to come to mozilla HQ and flop my dick on your desks?

Do you always live as an egocentric?

What method do you use to do this?
I was thinking something like this might work: HOME=$(mktemp -d) &&cp -R "$HOME" &&cd "$HOME" &&exec firefox "$@"

How is it a privacy invasion if all it does is take a screenshot of the webpage and save a .png on your PC?

Sure, right now it's sending telemetry to Mozilla's servers; but that's because it's a fucking beta, they warn you about the telemetry before installing and don't include it by default in any Firefox installation because of that.

Firefox NIGHTLY. Are you honestly this fucking stupid? Please tell me you are not.

wiki.mozilla.org/Nightly#What_is_Firefox_Nightly.3F

Also
Get fucked nigger.

People here are paranoid.

DAE remember when setting dom.popup_allowed_events to empty string would block all popups (except the ones triggered by pressing the enter key)? yesterday I was using firecuck on my cuckdows machine and i still got popups on every page despite setting this.

OK

That's basically it, except without the cp part, since I don't bother to maintain any of their database files. I used to when it was just plain text though, since those are easy to deal with. Actually I started this long ago, not so much because of privacy (it wasn't as bad then) but because I was living in an area with flakey power and so had all my disk partitions mounted read-only. I had wrapper scripts for various software so they would run from /tmp.
Also have these entries in /var/unbound/etc/unbound.conf, because otherwise there was a delay when starting the browser:
local-zone: "mozilla.com." refuse
local-zone: "mozilla.org." refuse
local-zone: "amazonaws.com." refuse
Of course others like google, facebook, twitter, and similar are in there as well.

It's still your problem.

Nobody pulled your string.

I prefer booleans.

Is this any different than this?
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/screengrab/

Firefox Screenshots takes screenshots and uploads them to the site with a default expiration date of two weeks so that you can easily share them somewhere else.

If only ads used popups, there would be no point in supporting them in your browser (unless you're a jew).
There are some sites that require you to launch the popup and it communicates back to the page to confirm the popup was launched, but I've never seen an actual website which matters do that, not to mention it's unreliable and utterly retarded.

>Firefox Screenshots takes screenshots and uploads them to the site
And you think that's a good thing for users that cares about their privacy?

So it's the same thing, and worse.. can it at least directly save to a folder on pc?

No one is forcing you to use it.

Firefox has already features for doing that.

it has selection?

just for one little snipit...

absolutely no reason for this to exist when i have other applications that do it for me, do it better, and do it across my whole system and not just my browser

Can they print the entire webpage and/or upload the image to an image hosting service directly?

Not him but OneDrive, Dropbox, Gyazo, etc. do that, yeah.

Sites like flickr have an API with bindings for various languages, so it's easy to write CLI program, if what you need doesn't already exist.

Really stimulates the neurons.

Wut? The Firefox Developer Toolbox has screenshot icon for ages. Even in the ESR version. If you don't see it, open the Developer's Toolbox (F12), Open the options (Little gear icon) and check the Take a fullpage screenshot option.

Too hard? Seems bloated? Use the
responsive design view
(Ctrl+Shift+M by default). It also has a screenshot button. And you can even resize the view as you like. Resize+Zoom to make a higher resolution image.

If your browser is so great, why doesn't it run on bare metal? Why does it make same system calls as other software but with extra heaps of useless web browser shit code in between?