What do you think of this guy's CV? Anything good?

What do you think of this guy's CV? Anything good?
Just wondering if it is any good by Holla Forums standards.

stephane.chazelas.free.fr/Stephane-CHAZELAS-2014.html

Other urls found in this thread:

pjreddie.com/
stephane.chazelas.free.fr/
unix.stackexchange.com/users/22565/stéphane-chazelas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's really quite impressive imo

was expecting this thread to be about My Little Resume™ but that page is pretty well written tbh

Pretty retarded. PHP and assembly, Java and embedded.
CV is full of outdated technologies.
The guy has been stuck in "muh old times" and seems unwilling to learn anything new.
2/10 would not hire.

Froggy grandpa.

There's no such thing.
Misspelled. Also, it's FLOSS.

It's POSIX API or SUS API, there's no UNIX(r) API.
Perl is spelled with a capital P if you're talking about the language and the command line utility.

The names are misspelled again. Also, PHP.
Nobody uses it anymore. And it's called MariaDB.

It's 'assembly', not 'assembler'

The interjection goes here.
It's HP-UX. Stop misspelling the names.

Ethernet is not a protocol.

It's 'toolbox', frenchy. Also, CVS.

pjreddie.com/

That's really the only thing I can judge people by, so I can't help, sorry.

That's why he became a manager. He's one of those "fail upward" guys.

What?

With picture I mean an image of a person in the form of a print, slide or digital canvas recorded by a camera on photosensitive material.

By this I can tell what the person looks like and therefor make an informed decision whether you should hire him or not.

How is that any more relevant than their actual qualifications?

Their actual qualifications can be a stack of lies, while his face can't be. If he has a white photo but a black person turns up, you immediately know what kind of person you're dealing with.

You can tell a lot about a person from how he looks and how he presents himself. Does he have facial tatoos, or purple hair, f.e. Maybe he is fat or has a neckbeard. These things matter.

You're the kind of guy who gets rejected while this guy gets the job.

Also, UNIX API is the POSIX API as implemented by UNIX, retard

Have you seen my CV, faggot? His CV sucks. It's overloaded with unrelated terms which I doubt the guy fully understands. It lacks any focus, it's not clear whether he intends to be a manager, a help-desk engineer or a software developer.

No, it's not.
UNIX variants never had a shared API before POSIX and SUS later on (now both are pretty much the same thing).
Original UNIX was an API, but it didn't last long.

For example:
POSIX is the only shared API between GNU and Solaris.
And SUS is the only shared API between AIX and macOS.

SUS-complience and paying royalties to the copyright-holders is what makes your system UNIX(r) by definition.

I agree, we should hire people based on physical appearance and personality rather than skill, especially in programming.

Woman or Person of Color? Instant hire! Fucking white male? Instant fire!!!

Skill can only be figured out during the interview, or when the person is actually delivering work. While in the process of pre-selection you know nothing but the bunch of buzzwords they've happened to headroll onto their CV. It's all meaningless. Faces, grooming, the confidence they radiate. It tells so much more about a person.

Also, you'll have to look at these people day in day out, so they'd should not ruin your day with their unsymmetrical facial features, or skin issues. Clients are also much more inclined to sign a contract if they see attractive people in the team. That's just how life works. It's not fair, but sadly, that's reality.

It's obvious from the position title which one applies for, retard.

Total shit. Even my cat is more employable.

That's just how life works. It's not fair, but sadly, that's reality.

True, but your previous posts were "appearance is the sole deciding factor, sorry, no face, no hire".

Why work in programming? Just go in the modelling industry.

Including a pic in your cv is standard in some countries.

Personality counts. Eventually you'll work with an asshole and realize that.
Also, you often can get the applicant's race from their name. John: White, Jamal: nigger, Mohammad Ahmed Mohamed: allhakbar.

This. I've interviewed people before, and only through a conversation can you see how comfortable a person is with the various concepts involved. Preferably as informally as possible, just two guys chatting about Holla Forums. I recall talking to one guy about programming language design (which he claimed to be an expert on), yet when asked to discuss his favorite language and features, he just kept saying, "I dunno, but I'm happy to use the languages used at this company, but yeah, I dunno".

good resume
bad design

Are you projecting here or what, mongoloid NEET?
The title isn't obvious in any way. There's no such titles in the industry.
You fucking mongoloid probably haven't even been employed if you don't know that.
The way this guy put it implies that he is some kind of an IT factotum with managerial leanings.

Good afternoon user, it's nice to meet you. I'm Brian and I'm here for the job interview.

stephane.chazelas.free.fr/
i guess this is his picture.

I never said it doesnt, just that hiring for skill is more important in programming than hiring for looks or personality and that hiring based on looks alone is bullshit (outside of modelling or athleticism).

Looks like a violent, ex convict slav.

Looks like a violent, ex convict mexican.

Sort of guy who'd bash your brains in.

Best way to know if he is good is to check his github, he has a github account but it seems pretty empty compared to his "much open source contributions"

Into the trash he goes.

Seriously though, can you imagine seeing a guy's github and finding contributions like "fixed pronouns", "adding CoC", "adding more inclusive phrasing"? Github could help you dodge a bullet.

If it's a CV for a logo designer, you've come to the right place.

I'd call this weak bait, but the fish keep biting, so good job, I guess.

OP here

He contributes to unix stackexchange.
His profile: unix.stackexchange.com/users/22565/stéphane-chazelas

Check his top posts. He goes into some detail in his responses.

Well, that's a quality rep-whoring. Still your CV sucks.

\thread

That's good! Too often I see people posting on chans redacted versions to protect retards from their own retardation. Just let evolution along with public shaming sort those idiots out.