Anyone own a dog?

How much a month does it cost for pet food? How often do they need to take a piss and shit? I'm thinking about getting a dog.

Other urls found in this thread:

hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/essays/cd.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want to get a pug.

Food cost depends on size. Two walks a day and if you can't take them on decent walks you shouldn't get one.

The size of a pug or miniature pincher.

Nice trips.

Good luck picking shit up twice a day. Pray he doesn't get diarrhea, or doesn't have liquid shit.

Mine died recently, after 15 years of being a an adorable, lovable, occasionally annoying friend. I wasn't sure on how much stuff cost when we got him, but shit got expensive as he got older and started having health issues. I'd say 2 walks a day is fairly accurate.

He was so sweet and cuddly, and loved to chase squirrels and get into trouble even as he got older.
RIP

f

Thats my worst fear picking up shit. So I think I'll hold a bag open under the dogs asshole and get him to shit right in the bag. Then no need to pick it up.

Watching dog sucks. Everyone I know who gets a dog plays with it for a day or two then neglects it indefinitely afterwards. My brother bought a dog then a week later started pawning it off on me to watch while he was at work. Poor thing just wanted to go outside and run but that clashed with my lifestyle of shitposting and vidya, so I pawned the dog to my mom and she sold it.

Same shit happened with my little bro.

F

My family has two dogs, but I do everything for those fuckers.

every 5 days
I walk them twice daily, but the backyard is a temporary fix.
Just spent $50 at Petco. I have two dogs. This will last 1.5 weeks (small dogs).

They cheer me up and keep me from feeling depressed. One of my dogs looks very similar to OP's pic.

;_;

OP here. I like short hair dogs like the one in your pic or mine. Long haired dogs probably get shit hanging off their butt hairs.

Possibly. Short haired dogs' anuses look like Jesus. Doesn't hurt to wipe down there on occasion.

Dogs are only good for one thing:
A nice thin soup.

It's actually not too bad. During his final years, I was of the mindset that I would rather see him die than see him suffer. Thankfully he didn't suffer. When it was clear he was having more bad days than good, and was possibly having seizures/a stroke, we took him to the vet, where she confirmed this and he was put down. He's at peace now, and we'll have all our wonderful memories with him. Like the time he jumped 5 feet in the air to grab a sausage off of my dad's fork, or the very first week we got him an left him in a cage so we could go somewhere, came back, and he had shit an entire circle around the cage, with not a single bit in the cage itself. Or all the times with kisses and snuggles, or the time he ate blue and yellow play-doh, and it came out green.

Good times…

dogs make you a normalfag in both activity and mind.
us or them. wish you well either way

Mother nature is fucked up. Just look at this dog breed.

humans did that shit. we domesticated dogs and are responsible for all their breeds.

honestly as long as you feed and water it and give it a yard to run around in it will be fine. also walks are a good idea to prevent it being autistic

That's not a dog… it's a fucking floor mop!

breeded with what? I don't believe all dogs come from wolves. How would you end up with a Chihuahua from a wolf?

We're part of nature, bitch.

Boston Terriers look good. I'm trying to find an apartment dog.

fuck i forgot. not having free will is a bitch

Your dog reminds me of my first pupper. He was a Pekingese. He didn't have a good life like my dogs now (my dad was taking care of him), but we loved him. When we moved into our current house, they hadn't finished the fence. My dad would lock him on our balcony. One day, he squeezed through the railing and fell one story. Let's just say he didn't live long after that. It seems that he may have attempted suicide. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

get a cat then. dogs need open spaces.

seconded. apartments and dogs is fucked up. it'd be like taking away your computer.

I see people in my building taken out their dog for walks and they seem pretty happy.

no shit they're happy, they finally are out of prison. dogs are happy with the simplest amount of attention and care, that's why they're man's best friend. doesn't mean you should fuck them on the deal.

It's called selective breeding. You find a slightly smaller wolf that's fucked up and deformed and force other wolves to breed with it then you interbreed the offspring rinse and repeat.

just a daily reminder that your cat doesn't give a fuck about you and if someone else gave it food and a place to sleep or you die it would never look back

K science sounds legit now.

press S to spit on grave

meep meep my dog is dead now tbh

cats are for thinkers, user. perhaps it's for the best you don't subject a cat to having to live with a brainlet beta who needs a dog to orbit him. let H.P. Lovecraft tell you why you are pathetic
hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/essays/cd.aspx

i liek ogs

Anyone know how to find a good breeder? Meaning one that takes proper care of the dogs they breed.

nowhere because good people don't help maintain the practice of dogbreeding

press F to respect user's dog and spite spiteful user's spitefulness

Where are you even coming from with this tbh?
It makes complete sense that letting a small wolf get fucked by another small wolf that the offspring would in turn be a small wolf, and eventually thousands of years odwn the line you'd wind up with shit like pugs and chihuahuas.
You can even observe this with three or four generations of humans.
A quadroon doesn't even resemble its great-grandparent despite being of direct descent from that particular faggot's balls.

You'll get used to it. Had my first dog and carpeting. I have never gotten sick from it.

your dog shits on the carpet?

Ayy, me and my buddy were tossing around the idea of getting a six foot iguana. What the fuck would we need to keep it alive?

At a guess I'd say a half a tin of food mixed in with biscuits a day but a little more or less will be fine. With a small dog the dry food will probably last a long time and the price of the tins would vary depending on where you are and what you get. You can feed them just dry food if you are poor but that is a shitty diet. Pugs are fun but the way they breathe can get annoying.

I have a dog like this and he is perfectly healthy and very muscular with just one tin a day mixed with dog biscuits so it would probably be pretty cheap to feed such a small dog.

I do this and it works, but makes you feel like a dog slave more than usual.

Im not a poorfag but only feed dry food to dog. Should I start feeding wet shit too? Problem with wet shit is the dog poo is usually wet too and hard as fuck to pick up.

If you can afford it mince meat is the best. I just feed mine a mixture because I feel like biscuits every day is a weak diet and I have the opposite problem from yours, too much dry food makes him shit rock like feces.

Not worth having pets tbh fam

🐱 s have smaller brains than a 🐕. check m8 i win

Still bigger than yours tbh fam

I literally just picked up a stray.
Never had a dog before in my life and I'm trying to figure him out.
let him out every few hours. Haven't had him piss or shit in the house yet, so yeah.

an outdoor enclosure in a warm climate region
lots of greens/fruits

Got my ban lifted and I feel like this is worth rewriting in case you missed it. It's just my personal opinion that dry biscuits every day is a shitty boring diet, I know people like to humanise dogs but I'm not doing that here, even for a dog it seems bad. He'll be fine with it but why not treat him to a more varied diet if you can? I have the opposite problem and my doggo shits rock hard stools if he only has dry food so I guess every dog is different. If you can afford it I would recommend cheap mince meat, my dog used to love that before I became a poorfag.

He's probably fine with dry food though.

THE ONLY GOOD DOG IS A SPIT ROASTED DOG

Depends on what kind of dog food you use:
There is processed dog food which can be dry or wet. Dry is usually the cheapest option esp if you buy large bags and use store brands. Then you can give raw meat (many dog fighters and breeders swear by it, kind of like the gluten free diet for humans). Meat can also be given boiled or cooked combined with vegetables. People also feed dogs their own left overs just make sure they do not contain anything harmful for the dog.
The amount of food I give my dog varies with climate and his activity level but it usually amounts to 20 to 40 USD a month. Like today I gave my dog some leftover fish fillet and bread in the morning, 2 bananas with yogurt for lunch and at night for his main meal chicken (including liver) broth with some eggplant and carrots and a boiled egg. I also give him dry food or kibble at lunch time usually mixed with a teaspoon of olive oil and boar meat as long as it lasts after a hunt though he does not eat deer meat.

Puppies urinate and defecate multiple times and you will have to take them out 4-6 times, even then indoor accidents can happen. For adults twice a day is enough.

Dogs require significant investment of time, money and patience. You need to have your place, a steady income and already be sufficiently healthy and active to take it for walks and play with it. You need have a steady demeanor and loads of patience to train it.
Before getting your own dog volunteer at a local rescue center especially as a dog walker. Talk with the administrators and care takers there. This will give you better appreciation of the costs (esp vet bills) of keeping a dog and your own ability with regards to handling and training dogs.

Small dogs are genetic duds created for selfish human women to enjoy.

don't get a pet if you can't find that on your own

Small dogs must be culled.

I agree.
Little yappy dogs need to be exterminated, like Jews.

Nah they bred them with foxes and coyotes.

They are good for killing small pest mammals. BIG DAWGS are definitely better though.

depends on the size of the dog. i feed mine on raw chicken legs, beef mince, various organ meat, grated raw veg and raw eggs. medium size dog costs me ~$25/week.

should't be a problem as your dog should be outside in any case. if you don't have a yard, don't get a dog.

test

post pics of your slaughterhouse looking kitchen or I call bullshit

huh?. i just go to the supermarket and get a bag of drumsticks, a pack of mince. some trays of organ meat (usually chicken or sheep liver/kidney), carton of eggs, some carrots and mixed frozen veg.
a 2kg bag of chicken drumsticks goes for ~$7, tray of organ meat goes for ~$2-$4 each, eggs i get in a 30 carton because i eat them myself and veg is worth next to nothing.

Everyday sometimes twice a day, just like you. You need to walk them twice a day, morning and afternoon.

you do know that supermarkets exist right?

Where do you live?

chicken hearts are pretty good for adding into chicken soup. You just have to prepare them right so they are soft. Chicken organs are in general good for chicken soup or on their own, tasty and rich in elements.

Theres about 3 adoptable dogs in my area and surrounding cities from the SPCA. One is 8 years old and 2 are shitty breeds. So my only choice is to go with a breeder.

At least 30 dollars, but realistically I probably spend more like 70 bucks a month.

You can find cans of food that are a dollar or less, you'd need to give it at least one a day. In my case, I try to get my dog higher quality canned food, supplement with some raw meat (she loves chicken gizzards) and have a bag of dry food sitting in a bowl so she always has something to eat if I'm asleep or not there or whatever. Additionally I give her treats and she gets some table scraps.

There's initial investment to consider. The cost of things like a carrier, bowls, leash, collar, adoption fee if it's not a stray, and of course vet visits, this is the most expensive part of owning a pet.

Mine I take out once a day on at least a fifty minute walk, but she's extremely high energy and sturdy (shar pei pitbull mix)

God damn yall niggas are dumb as shit or have some really unhealthy animals

Small dogs may only consume about a large bag of dog food (good kind) for about 30$ a month (considering your animal or dog in this case isnt a fat fucking piece of shit american and actually eats properly)

Bathing doesnt need to be more than like once a week

But yes, walk those fuckers at least twice a day ESPECIALLY if you plan om leaving the dog at home all day long while youre at work - potty training and whatnot

Dogs dont need grooming unless long hairs (which is common for dogs that arent pitbull or rottweiler) bathing them is a good way to keep them clean and keep their hair looking healthy (in addition to eating healthy)

Bigger dogs need more like 60$ a month – actually just double everything from the previous text above and triple the walking (big dogs have big muscles regardledd of their strength, it is in their blood to exercise - little dogs love acting like tough shits)

Oh all of the above and if you rent am apartment, you must pay the fees most likely which can be anywhere from 30$ to literally 300$ per month for security fees

So yeah thats for dogs

Cats are definitely different but you are aiming for a dog so yeah

thinly veiled datamining

Cats are like women and dogs are like men.

depends on the dog's size. wet food is way better for them, forget the dry food entirely
once or twice a day.
you need to be there several hours a day at least, or they don't act well (barking and chewing stuff)
pets are social, you have to spend time with them

dogs need to be walked, 30-60 minutes, 4-5 times a week.
yea' "you don't gotta"…. but dogs that get walked behave a LOT better than ones that don't.
they are more tolerant of new people and don't run like hell when they get loose

protips:
1–don't give dogs or cats dry food, ever. it's mostly plant content and isn't good for them. wet food only.
2–weight them and take their temp once a month, when they get health problems this is the earliest way to tell

I'm a poor fag. If they get sick I'd give them to the SPCA.

Stopped reading here tbh

You end up with a shit cat when shit cat owners think their shitty cat behaviors are cute and reinforce them. My cat is a totally cool dude that just likes chilling with you.

my cat siamese and annoying as fuck sometimes but they pretty cool sometimes too tbh
they are like the dogs of cat breeds

My cat is a needy fucker who can't even stand being in a different room than me so it sounds like you just had a cat you neglected so it grew up not garnering your attention at all.

Can confirm. I work as a canine caretaker at a pet hotel, and we take the puppies and special-schedule dogs out roughly 6 times a day. It's actually irritating, to be honest. I prefer the ones on a regular schedule that aren't retarded brain dead puppies. :^)

Yeah I really like the pit's and related mixes, such sweet dogs, and we bond well due to the high energy, and bulk. If that makes sense. I like a strong, fun, happy dog. The hair thing is seriously another benefit. If you've ever had to deal with an Afghan show room dog, let me fucking tell you. KEK.

dogs are for retards unfortunately

Nice trips. Buy a wet dry vac for your carpet.

you can just sew their asshole/vagina closed so they don't go to bathroom. based #maga

Big if true