Researching GNU/Linux Honest OS

ITT: ultimate (GNU/Linux) OS

I just learned:
1) debian sends reports including IP addresses, search for "Debian report ISP"
2) Ubuntu could not be trusted, search for "Ubuntu spying amazon"
3) i need a new system from scratch, something that is supporting the users privacy, freedom, and security

Which system should i use?

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxfromscratch.org/
stormfront.org/forum/t786671/
trisquel.info
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fedora. Questions belong in the sticky.

Install
Debian
Ubuntu
Gentoo

Install Gentoo.

I don't know about this issue, but something tells me it's some sort of opt-in bug report thing. If it is, just don't opt in.
This is only on the vanilla version of Ubuntu, and is now opt-in instead of opt-out anyway.
If you want something FSF-endorsed, they have a list. Personally, I don't think you need to go that far. Simply use Debian (or devuan if you're that concerned and/or systemd is a dealbreaker). Disable the non-free and contrib repositories. Since you want newer software, I would use testing or unstable. These are my preferences though. I like having .deb compatibility for the odd piece of software not in any repositories. Many would counter and say the AUR makes up for this just fine, in which case parabola is your best bet. Basically, calm down, decide what you want, and use the FSF site and/or distrowatch to determine the best options.

Use Manjaro or Antergos.

Void Linux.

Gentoo or manjaro(openrc).

If you're ok with systemd, openSUSE. If not, Void Linux.

Seriously, openSUSE has some great stuff behind it (YaST and the absolutely beautiful printer interface), pretty sane security defaults.

Void is mostly security through obscurity, but runit is dang fast.

FreeBSD, although not Linux, is a sane OS as well. It requires more management, but if done properly, it can be a good experience.

this

Xubuntu
Lubuntu

Alpine Linux

You just answered your own question. linuxfromscratch.org/

gNewSense
Trisquel

Slackware

NetBSD

Seconding this. Slackware is great.

do you get paid per OP, per reply or per hour

GuixSD

Maybe per fallacy or per typo

What am I looking for here?

That's unlikely.
Nothing. Mind being more specific?

Debian is the base for high-security and pen-testing distros like Tails and Kali. If it's secure enough for Tails, which Snowden used, it's secure enough for me.

Aparthed GNU/Linux Exists

stormfront.org/forum/t786671/

They say variety is the spice of Linux, but in practice, the main distros are your only lasting options. The dream of the derivative distro is to become a main distro in and of itself (ie. Debian -> Ubuntu, Softlanding -> Slackware...), but these are far and few in between. In reality, they just don't have the support as the distros they're based on, and are often outdated and fade into obscurity sooner or later. If you look at current FSF endorsements, they're nearly all slow-developed derivatives with the occasional fledging indie niche hobbyist distro that just isn't practical for everyday use. The FSF is good as a guideline, but it's okay to use your brain and bend the rules. I've narrowed my preferences down to three distros; they're not FSF-compliant out of the box, but you can build them to be free/libre and that flexibility is indeed a freedom:

Slackware. Pros: pretty much the most steady source-based distro, basically all one person so outside influence is nill. Cons: slow development, basically all one person so its future is uncertain. Verdict: simple and elegant, adheres closest to Linux principles, but perhaps a bit antiquated. Try it, and see why the oldest living distro endured.

Debian. Pros: pretty much the most solid binary-based distro, gold-standard support, good for beginning and expert users alike, kernel is deblobbed by default as of 6.0, -was- unofficially endorsed by FSF before Linux-libre was a thing, official OS of NASA. Cons: systemd is a controversial default as of 8.0 (some argue it's for structure, others say it's compromised and unnecessary), evidence of SJW-ism infesting and impeding development. Verdict: the undisputed king for a long time, but that crown has been in certain dispute during the last major version. Try it, or wait for 9.0 to drop and see if it's improved.

Gentoo. Pros: Gives you the most control over your setup. Cons: Gives you the most control over your setup. Verdict: rewarding, but you'd better be prepared for some growing pains. Try it, although many users switched over to Arch Linux (which is more or less "Gentoo Lite").

I consider these "ultimate" for different reasons. There's no "one size fits all" Linux distro.

Utuo

Results from a very shitty and incomprehensive meme search engine

Arch is the only choice
Not an argument

>>>/g/

I'm so sorry that your preferred distro is Diet Lite, faggot.

Getting no relevant results for debian being botnet on searx, archive to your source?

Use trisquel. It's free, very much like Ubuntu, secure and have a warm welcoming community.

Joins US!
>trisquel.info

All of ututo's documentation is in spicspeak

Read the fucking wiki.

Don't exist.

Maybe alpine linux, but still in "muh drama". Maybe should give a chance to Openbsd.

FreeSlack is the only answer. Lurk moar faget.

TempleOS fam