You now have to reboot Inspector Gadget

You now have to reboot Inspector Gadget.

How would you do it, Holla Forums?

Make Kira the main villain instead of Dr. Claw.

And this time let's not let something like video related happen again.

Shit…beaten me to it. Though I was going for Gadget to be a private detective…and Claw being the one responsible for Gadget being a cyborg ala Kamen Rider.

I like the idea of Claw being responsible.

In the first season, Dr. Claw would be more or less like he is in the original series. You never see his face, only his hand. Eventually, maybe in Season 2, you'd get to see his full body but his face would be covered by some kind of mask. Then in the middle of season 3, you'd finally get to see his face and his origin would finally be told.

Spoiler: He's reallyInspector Gadget's brother and Penny's father!

Damn! I forgot to hit spoiler images!

I do like this one idea from one of the animated movie where Claw would've disguised himself at some point as an ally..albeit let's not give him a silly name like Devon Debonair.

Just tell us a good story. The premise is good.

Basically this. It's really not a hard concept to pull off as long as you don't get too dark.

Ghost in the shell ripoff.

Nobody but the audience that is.

I'm tired of this grimdark trend bullshit. So I prefer to make Insp Gadget a serious movie but still retain its goofy and lighthearted side, just not TOO goofy. Make Gadget a simple police officer before his death and rebirth. Make Penny an orphan girl that looking for parental love and approval. I really want to make Penny and Gadget relationship as real as possible, with Penny wanting Gadget to be a parent figure for her and Gadget want to treat Penny like a daughter he will never have.

Of course we need a villain. Claw is the obvious choice but what if we put Claw's right hand man as the big bad for this one? It can lead to a possible sequel. If not, a TV series with lower budget…..

Avoid making the same mistakes the 2015 reboot made.

Cast Charlie Day as Inspector Gadget.

Hardcore pennytration

Cheeky bastard

Make it a re-imagining of Gadget and the Gadgetinis. Use Gadget's Gadgetinis design, but make him a tad more competent. Keep the Gadgetinis instead of Brain, or in addition to Brain.

kept reading that as Gadgetpenis

I never watched gadget and the gadgetinis. Do they add value to the show, or are they a good idea that is simply poorly executed, so you want them to come back in some way?

make the villain a bit more serious and that's about it
the already existing movie was fine

Gadget is now a strong trans muslim woman of color and Penny is her twink bitch boy

I'd make it grittier. Gadget was a promising detective, but his anus got cancers so he had to have it cut out and replaced with a new robot arse or he will die. Penny was the cybernetics doctor and they fug but she's shown doing an operation on someone's hand just before Inspector Gadget. Some parts get muddled and he gets the experimental Go Go put in his bumhole. This is why Dr. Claw is so pissed.
Penny has to help fix the mistake she's made, but she starts out working for Dr. Claw until she realises Inspector Gadget is good, because he uses his anus to save a BLM protest from cops by Go Go Gadget Watercannon. He then Go Go Gadget Helicopters to the moon and shits out a big magnifying glass to find the bad guys, and kills them all with Go Go Gadget Death Star.
It ends with Inspector Gadget doing Go Go Gadget EMP and killing both him and Dr. Claw. Or did he???

>Penny and Brain are experiments created by Doctor Claw. Brain is genetically engineered for intelligence and Penny is an android made in the image of Claw's dead daughter
>Penny sticks close for similar reasons. She's actually looking for a way to remove any programming that allows Claw to potentially control her

seems a bit dark

What next? Penny got a self destruct button? To be fair MAD hiring Dr Doofenshmirtz as their head researcher is actually an improvement.

I could never stand the show because Gadget's aggressive stupidity bugged me too much. But was it all an act? He never actually lost did he? Maybe he was just putting on the whole goofy guy act for the benefit of the girl. Heck maybe it was like that little kid with cancer who got to pretend to be batman and the whole city of San Francisco basically went along with it?

Sort of a play within a play kind of thing. On one level the show would be "about" the conflict between Gadget and MAD. The girl gets to be a hero by cleverly telling her dad how to use his cyborg parts to beat the cartoonish minions of Claw. Then, as would only be gradually revealed, on the "true" level it's about the world's most deadly cybernetic super spy's relationship with his daughter. He could never spend much time with her because of his job. Now that she's dying he has quit and is travelling around the world staging adventures for them to experience together using all of his old connections.

That's why Claw can never show his face; like all of the other villains he's a character played by one of Gadget's old friends or adversaries. Therefore each adventure they have juxtaposes the serious old Gadget and the goofy new Gadget. If I were writing it I'd try to use that contrast to highlight how the big things people obsess over like wars and international politics seem insignificant when your child is dying. At the end of the series Gadget and his daughter have gotten much closer and on her deathbed the daughter subtlely acknowledges that she knew it was all fake, but she understood that her father needed the goofy act to break out of his professional spy attitude and relate to her. All of the "villains" from their previous adventures show up to pay their respects and on a narrative level each one is used as a proxy for one of the sweet or bittersweet lessons Gadget and his daughter learned together. At the very end the daughter cheerfully thanks everyone, especially her dad, and then she dies. The final credits are different than the normal ones as we see all of the characters attending her funeral and the show closes with Claw putting a comforting hand on Gadget's shoulder as Gadget gives a sad smile.

So Kamen Rider Gadget?

Now imagine Matthew Broderick but with Japanese…. emo hairstyle?

Darker

Edgier

More realistic
You know. Like the power rangers reboot.

Well, more classic Kamen Rider I guess.

More like this.

I'd go this route:
>The Finale would've been Claw is actually Penny's dad and had been the leader of MAD to begin with and had faked his death to throw Gadget off

Like this. I though it was decent.

Wild cyborg sex?

While I have watched Gadgetinis and do think the titular Gadgetinis are hilarious and useful, I am known to have shit taste. How do other anons who have watched both the original and Gadgetinis feel about both shows and the two Gadgetini robots?

Never seen Gadgetinis, sorry..but I really do hope Gadgetboy is a fever dream.

Isn't there already a reboot thats CGI and on netflix or something. Also I think Tara Strong voices Penny in that one.

Gadgetinis was mostly same formula as original Gadget. except for replacing Brain with those two robots One episode involved Penny finding Brain who was in hiding to get his help and Brain being a mental wreck at a mere mention of Gadget. Overall I thought it was decent when I watched it as a kid

I watched one episode of that reboot and found it to be awful. They gave Claw a Nephew and Penny is in love with him.

>One episode involved Penny finding Brain who was in hiding to get his help and Brain being a mental wreck at a mere mention of Gadget.
It's the only memorable episode for me, I also remember that in that episode the general/major/officer/whatever he was, who also had to deal with Gadget,
related a lot with Brain, and they both shared stories about how Gadget tortured their lives and drove them to complete madness(in that episode Brain got a special collar that allowed him to talk), of course at the end of the episode both the general and the dog were in hospital, badly injured, because of Gadget(a common theme for the general) and Brain looses his collar so the nurses think that the general is a complete loonie who talks to dogs.
In that episode Brain was secluded in a hideout, spending his days fishing and trying to get over his PTSD.

I actually found the episode in question.
At 7:44 we are reintroduced to Brain. Notice how glad he is to see his best friend Penny, and how triggered he becomes at the mere mention of Gadget.

At 5:08 it's the scene, I was talking about with the general and the dog in hospital. If I am not mistaken, the lady is his personal psychologist/psychiatrist who has to deal with him.