The effects of escapism

Your daily reminder that anime and video games actually distort your reality

I am perfectly happy living in Los Santos, working for Didier Sachs and driving my Cheetah; thank you very much.

'Tis good considering what shit reality is.

most people perceive reality through a filter of their own imagination. they are so detached from reality. you can find these people anywhere, you can't t point them out by looks. but they show their reality one way or another. and how they show themselves is always the tip of an iceberg that is pure personality shit that you need to stay away from. people are fucking crazy. to them, life is a box office movie, starring them, and everything that happens should involve them. and based off whatever immaturity or fucked up thing that happened to them, they view a spotlight that's over them 24/7. i don't know how these people live. this kind of behavior turns anyone into something ugly. imagine meeting one them and having a conversation and you feel chemistry then suddenly they say something really superficial and shallow. i call these people NPC's (non player characters). they are there for your entertainment and you should limit your interactions with them. at least gaemers know of this shit and choose to escape reality through vidya, which is way better than being retarded.

Well, I'm waiting for my waifus and big guns.

this thread needs some Dr. Steel

yep, you're retarded

lmao kill yourself dweeb

thanks for the reminder

Well, looks like you were right OP.

t. brainlet who can't into philosophy

you're on Holla Forums, nigger. you can't get any farther from reality

i'm gonna kick you in the chest

Oh look it's another Goon pushing his insecurities on others

Anime and vidya don't change the reality, but the memes that they leave inside the people's heads do, by influencing said people and making them act differently than if they did not got memed.

that is why OP "your reality" and not "the reality" you nipplenigger

That is quite a bold statement you've got here, yet you completely missed the basic truth that "your reality" is just a distorted projection of the "reality" and that they are interconnected. "Your reality" does not affects the "reality" as much as it is the other way around; if someone changes the "reality" it will definitely affect "your reality", and thus I state my arguments valid.

if we meet in real life, i'd make you my bitch

didn't read tbh

I'd love to meet you IRL to piss into your dirty eye sockets

i'd spit in your mouth after i fuck you in the ass, IRL

how?

I escape reality by taking lsd and banging hippie chicks at raves

I'd argue the internet does moreso.

tomato tomahtoe tbh

you're so close to a breakthrough. We're all rooting for you

i unironically live my life with the persistent commitment to the idea that knowledge and belief are entirely different things. so that the epistemic and sufficient conditions for something to be qualified as knowledge are extraordinarily rare to be fulfilled. i guess solipsism but more than just an abstract philosophical idea thought of sometimes; rather a lingering precept to how i understand and experience things.

so this might be autistic but even fundamental things like whether or not the sun will rise in the morning are refuted on the grounds of Hume's problem of induction - i only have the belief that it will based off past experience but nothing that constitutes knowledge. so then based on the Turing test as well, developed 60+ years ago dealing with AI and its ability to emulate human behavior well before the advanfements we have developed today, I cannot know that anyone I deal with on a daily basis is actually an individual like me who experiences things/the world in the same way and has the same phenomenal experiences I do. so basically with this awareness it enables me to strengthen my belief in that there is currently no belief or set of beliefs that has compelling enough evidence after being stripped down to its foundational components….which affords me the confidence necessary to be comfortable in my indepedent values that i ascribe to life existentially.

i actually do none of this because i'm not a fucking retard i'm just high on drugs nigga

Said the community

literally nobody said that. they said/or atleast i said i simply don't have sufficient proof to know anything further than that hypothetical description of AI or alien or whatever fantastical depiction of humans. the distinction between belief and knowledge is a pretty basic concept to understand tbh

read sum epistemology and become a psuedo-intellectual tbh

I don't give a shit. Your opinions are completely worthless to impacting my life.

t. psychopath

Escapism actually makes you a weaker person everytime you indulge. It feels so fucking good tho.

You've been listening to Sam Hyde too much.

Living the dream

If escapism distorted my reality then I wouldn't have to keep coming back to it

reality is subjective anyway. just enjoy yourself. overthinking is the enemy

ok

Sauce?

WHAT REALITY??? hAHAHAHAH

Are you munDANEs actually unAWARE of the so called "REALITY" that trulEE exists??? Allow me to introduce you to a wise friend of mine called SHOPENHAUER. You see Shopenhauer has shown me the LIGHT and has proven rather rationally in his famous paper "The World as Will and Representation" that in the simplest terms I can put it the world is nothing more than the MANIFESTATIONS of all the processes that go on both in our mind and in the universe we live in that we are UNAWARE OF. Which MEANS that YOUR PETTY idea of INDIVIDUALITY and REALITY is nothing MORE than A ProJectIon of these underlying FORCES. So learn the forces, look to the GODS of OLD and understand that they are these psychological and physical forces that govern our reality. And what our place is in their construction of reality. And Y O U will gain knowledge these MIND BREAKING truths.

But this is just ONE revelation that was bestowed upon me for reading this book, and so I recommend you folk to READ this book in your precious moments here in this plane of existence.

i am honestly one of the people this post is makin' fun of and i gotta say, hands down gr8 copypasta m8

i don't think your mom is as cool as mine

God was drunk when He wrote the world.

biiiiig if true

T. Goon

gaming turns you racist its a fact

I don't think it really matters what I perceive reality as. I have a miserable life of unrelenting torment with no friends because everybody views me as something beneath the contempt of something as repulsive as a thieving, homosexual leper and a family that I hate and mistrust because they are a bunch of sadistic demons that find the very notion that I have ever suffered or can ever suffer to be completely absurd and I am convinced that, since I've done nothing to deserve this, that I did something bad in a previous life to deserve this one so I think I died a long time ago and I am in Hell.

Attempting escapism is completely ineffectual as I am always bothered by unpleasant thoughts like that of being locked in a searing hot coffin and fully comprehending what it feels like for an eternity or finally having the guts to tell my parents that I never loved them, always hated them, and thought of them as being a couple of despicable assholes only for me to regret saying that and for them to tell me precisely why I am a failure and a disappointment to them (they never said that to me but I know in my heart that's precisely what they think of me, deep down in theirs).

And then they would cut off the check they give me every month to help pay off my student loans; I resent having to take money from them and having to pretend that I love them to get this money.

But now that I think about it: I do indulge in escapism. I like to think of what I would do if I gained insurmountable superhuman powers: like the state of being totally invulnerable and immortal and incapability of being trapped in anything like a black hole or having the ability to clone myself into infinite versions of myself so I can bring the mighty down low: kill their wives and kids in front of them, break all of their fingers and limbs so they can't take revenge on me, rip off their faces and all of their teeth so they can't even express their rage with their persecutory facial expressions, tell them that shouldn't feel angry about what I did to them, that the very notion that they feel distressed or horrified over what I did to them is completely absurd to me, that they deserve every bit of what I did to them, and that I don't sympathize with their suffering and see no reason why I should, and then stuff them down a porta-potty where they belong.

I know this makes me sound like a bad guy but I was driven to be like this by other people. I'm following the Golden Rule: to treat others as you'd like to be treated and, seeing as how I was been beaten and told that I was worthless and destined to be a failure nearly every day during my formative years: I guess I would just be reciprocating that.

However, although having these fantasies of absolute power is the only real pleasure I can get out of life: I still feel guilty about having them, I'm afraid that people don't like me because they can subconsciously tell how unpleasant I am by instinct as though I were telepathically broadcasting these fantasies to the whole world, and I end up further convincing myself that I'm a real monster and deserve every bit of suffering that I get out of life.

So there really is no escape from Hell. Coincidentally, I did watch a lot of television and play a lot of video games in my life. They were almost like a cryo chamber in that I would spend so many years glued to the TV or Computer, only leaving them when I had to go to School or somewhere else, that I would step out years later and take a real good look at my town and realize that I don't recognize anybody who lives here nor do I know their names. This didn't bother me. I guess OP is right and my reality really is distorted.

Damn it