Is there any point in learning anything else than JavaScript since 99% of jobs are web development?

Is there any point in learning anything else than JavaScript since 99% of jobs are web development?

Sure, you could learn C and PHP to round out your unbelievably-shitty-yet-inexplicably-popular language quota.

Learn Mandarin, it's the future of your job market.

Why not learn Java + SQL and join the pajeets?

Do you even need to ask?

Blame the universities.

They teach these "unbelievably-shitty-yet-inexplicably-popular" languages for the "real world" because they're popular and they want to shill FP so there's no reason to teach better imperative languages. They also say that functional programming is superior and imperative languages have "no principles" so when these students design imperative languages, they make whatever crap they want and don't care. Teaching bad languages reinforces their point.

Functional programming is superior though

Functional programming is a meme though

Depends on your job. You wouldn't write a kernel, compiler, or, ideally, anything in javascript.

If you know JS but you aint a pajeet they won't hire you.

What university teaches Javascript? Mine certainly didn't. They only taught fake-Assembly, C, and Java.

but you'd write one in C, a language with an even worse type system. Nice try LARPcuck

Allow me to bite
1) what does the type system have to do anything with a compiler
2) C's static typing is objectively superior because you can make sure you always pass the right type (static compiler checks) AND you can cast it to something else so you have a different representation of it. It gives complete freedom to the user.

are you retarded or just LARPing

Please tell me how a programming language's type system affects being able to create a compiler with it. You can create a C compiler in C, Javascript, BASIC, Fortran, Haskell and elisp. The type system has nothing to do with this. Anything is technically possible in Turing-complete programming languages.

ring, please ban this kid.

Please leave and never come back.

Now is the only time.

This is true at Microsoft.

Where can I get a job if all I know is SICP Scheme, but I know it like a rabbi knows the talmud?

Serious replies only. I am genuinely curious.

Nowhere, probably.
I hear Clojure is a pretty hip Lisp, so maybe try learning that.

Depends on what your goal is in life.

This is such an sad truth.

you can write shitcode if you want, but unless you're compiler is self hosting already, you're LITERALLY pajeet for not using an ML language. Go home LARPer

Bumping for this.

Are you familiar with this board?

You seem to get it.

People here seem to forget what uber pajeet Ghandi once said:

Right now we're in between the laugh at and fighting them phase. It's only a matter of time before we'll be the street shitters. It's true.

My nigger, I guarantee I've been on this board, and half/g/ longer than you my child.

I just wanted to bump the post more than the thread. I am still genuinely curious if Holla Forums can come up with some shit. The only close thing I can think of is becoming a haskell nigger.

I could've spent my university days playing video games.

Gandhi was pretty based. Also referred to hitla as "your sincere friend"

Why did you self-censor? Say it loud, say it proud;

HITLER

autism

the 1% left is 99% java & C# stuff. You should reach for the 0.01% that requires a brain.

wew LARP

bump

wew

Speaking of JavaScript, who tought it was a good idea to have logical operators like || and && return the first value fulfilling the condition rather than return the boolean evaluation itself???

Brendan Eich, guy who created JS.

Common Lisp

and literally every other dynamic language used today

It's for speed of course. Normally, there should be no need to look beyond. You can do some fun tricks with it too. And if you really want the complete evaluation for some reason, you can always use bitwise & or |. Don't see the problem.

99% of 1% is 0.99% making it 99.99% you retard

Is it larping when someone actually believes it?

functional programming is gay fuck recursion