Make Marvel Great Again

So how do you think he should go about saving his company, Holla Forums?

I'd say fire all writers except for Gerry Conway, Charles Soule, and Mike Costa. Then cancel all the Spider books and relaunch Amazing Spider-Man with Conway on it, give all the Star Wars comics to Charles Soule, give Mike Costa the symbiote books. Also rehire Milo Manara to do variants for all their books, also get Frank Cho drawing a series regularly. Then look for actual quality writers and artists out in the field.

Oh yeah, and have Miles Morales get raped then tossed off a bridge by Norman Osborn.

Like pottery.

fuck off

star wars and marvel should share one continuity with lots of time traveling

fuck off

fuck off

That's autistic and gay, so no.

Araki > Soule

Do you think capitalists of his ilk have any appreciation of things beyond their monetary value?

Bendis is cheap. Kate Leth is cheap. They turn out product on time, so who cares if it's shit. Shops will still buy it and casuals will still bitch about it.

Wow

The fact that the SJW pandering has actually hurt the companies comic sales, and they've driven away dedicated consumers never dawns on your type. You think "it's all for the money" even when they willingly give up chances to make money just to push their crap.

You think it was on purpose?

is he pozzed or just a money grabbin-

where was my jewdar. what kinda jew name is that?

You do realize Trump is going to let him continue inflicting his kikery on Marvel uncontested, right?

By doing what I've being doing for a decade. Keeping my wallet closed, reading the good stuff online and then deciding to buy afterwards. It's not my business to save Marvel, it's Marvel's job to sell to me.

I think you fail to understand how many people are required to actually write an issue of a comic book.
I also think you fail to grasp basic economics.

Finally, I think you need to fuck off and stop making the exact same "How does we make Marvel gud n shiiieeet? btw he donated to trump!!"
Daily Reminder while Holla Forums got BTFO'd, Holla Forums also memed a wannabe-Jew into the Oval Office, and it will end with him just removing all Dems from power and replacing them with Repubs, as every single fucking President does every change of power.
Even more proof that Holla Forums is filled with newfags jumping on the neo-nazi hype train and shitty mods who are too young to remember that this happens every time.

I may be the user who hates waifu threads the most, but I hate the exact same thread being constantly remade after it fails to gain steam even more.

Pleb.

He looks like Michael Jackson during his final days.

I doubt it. I'm more surprised that this Jonathan Ernst was able to get a shot of Trump and him together.

But Renew Your Vows is good and I don't want that cancelled. Honestly, your plan doesn't sound that good.

What Marvel should do is finish the shitty books and writers like Kate Leth and all the other "quirky super hero girl" books like Hellcat, Squirrel Girl and Spidergirl. They should either ignore the past events or do some story that undoes all the events after and including the first Civil War. Have Peter still be married to Mary Jane, have mutants and their relations to humans explored a bit more and why humans might be justifiably scared of them. Have the Avengers line-up be like that of New Avengers. They can keep Miles Morales, Nova and Kamala if they want.

Note this is just a general idea and not the whole thing.

You're the stupidest fucking cuck ever. That faggot Perlmutter ain't saving SHIT. He's the guy that let Marvel go to shit. I can't believe how stupid people are to think that retarded, childish fuck sucking Trump's cock means he's not going to keep running Marvel comics into the FUCKING GROUND. You can suck his limp, Israeli dick in Hell, OP. Because that's how retarded your post is.

Ike is a spiteful old shithead with the emotional range of a spoiled child. He either doesn't care because HE'S still getting paid enough, or he purposefully lets Marvel hire the worst "progressive" writers around because he knows it will make people hate Liberals. OP proves that people are stupid enough to fall for that, and forget that Perlmutter has been in charge since Marvel started it's nosedive into shit quality. That shitstain has been CEO since 05, and Civil War, first of Marvel's long running streak of "this is the worst written event of all time", started in 06. He's been directly in charge since Marvel stopped caring AT ALL about characters, continuity, or basic storytelling.

You want Marvel to be great again? Then pour a glass of champagne the day that old cocksucker is 6 feet under.

A typical bought Jewish name. Perlmutter means "nacre" or more literally (but the exact same thing) "mother of pearl". It falls right in line with names like Goldstein, Rosenblatt and Königsberg. Well sounding, speaking of wealth and status.

the rise of the right in America isn't an accident people, there are forces at work here

It's called the power of meme magic and the glory of KEK

fuck off

You make Marvel great by crashing it with no survivors so they may learn from their mistakes from the ashes. I know it sounds harsh but at this point I think tough love is the only thing that will get Marvel's head out of its ass.

But I thought tumblr was degeneracy free :^)

For once the money hungry jew behind the scenes is the good guy.

What strange times we live in.

You mean Perlmutter? No he's not. Just because he's buds with Trump doesn't mean he's good. He's still a moneygrubbing prick.

This is it, essentially.

I think Marvel seriously does not understand the situation they're in. "Comic store" culture has become almost totally independent of the comics themselves at this point. Sellers will order just barely enough issues to get variants they'll mark up, sell maybe half a dozen of the regular issues on average, then toss the rest in the dollar bin. Their real money comes from trading cards and RPG books and niche hobbies and having dedicated nights for magic/40k/warmachine which sells more on cost of minis alone. Or else they're telling t-shirts and merch to casuals.

Every store that was solely dependent on big two comics to survive has long since gone out of business. At this point half of them could probably drop actual marvel comics and just sell the shirts and it'd barely make a difference.

Their solutions, that is to say printing a bunch of no. 1's and jacking up the price per issue another dollar, are visibly not working like they used to anymore. Marvel is only managing to equal DC in the top 10 November because 4 of their 5 books were 1's and 0's, and the last one was an event book. DC is relying really heavily on Batman even now, but at least he can get numbers without an event title and without a relaunch.

Just out of curiosity do comic shops have arcade machines or pinaball machines? That could help with revenue I guess.

So wachu' sayin' is the industry is on life support who's only revenue is their IP's and not their sales.

Is there something the industry could learn form Manga I wonder.

The moneygrubbing jew in question is a fairly big part of why Marvel is so shit.

Would it be that he has the same morals as us only no integrity?

You guys said that like it's that easy to use the burn to ashes tactic. The problem is when Marvel went bankrupt the Big D going to take over. They still going to release comics like Avengers and Spiderman but the editorial and content will be controlled directly by Disney managements.

Yeah, but unlike Marvel Disney has learned how to actually care for their IP's and release what people want. Ever since they kicked out Eisner Disney have at least been focused on more quality with the projects they release with a noticeable attempt to NOT bastardize their classic movies.

The way Marvel revives is entirely if it fucks up so badly Disney forces them to clear house and stacks them with people who can actually do the job. Sure, it would mean maybe 2-3 years of semi-safe content as a new generation of writers get their feet underneath them but you'd eventually get more intriguing and risky books. The PC culture in there right now is strangling the life out of Marvel far faster than Disney ever could.

Though if I were in charge and attempting to save it before the crash point… That would be a challenge after all the shit they've been doing. I'd likely have to set up an event book for another reboot at this point. Though I would probably work it out that there's some villain/anti-hero that's been trying to adjust everyone's perception of events to try and make society better and their events have spiraled so far out of control that people are starting to no longer be affected by it and seeing just how fucked up they are. Pointing out stuff like Spiderwoman trying to be a superhero WHILE PREGNANT or the idea that 'cannon is flexible' are really just this individual losing the thread. End by establishing the new status quo and keep the main antagonist around, massively depowered, for future use as villain/hero when needed.

Business wise? Bring back 'intro' comics where you can bring in new heroes and teams, see which ones work and people respond to, then roll them into intermediary books before bringing them mainline or giving them their own mini-series or *gasp* their OWN RUNS!!!! Maybe rather than change the behavior, physical characteristics and powers of a character to something else to tell a story you could just make a new character! Or at the least listen to your damn customers. Everyone I've talked to who actually read new X-men with Eyeboy, Rockslide and Sharkgirl absolutely love those characters but Marvel wants to pimp out their old shit so badly that they're bringing back copies of X-men rather than pushing these perfectly good new ones.

And if the writers feel they absolutely HAVE to have Social Justice in their comics… don't present it as an absolute moral good you lazy hacks. Explore that shit you idiots.

It's a good thing Feige's group got out while still successful

They're not required to explore it. Simply having it in it's shallow form fulfills Marvel's goal of creating sensationalist headlines and paints them as sympathetic with the current counter-culture, even though 40 year old white guys are writing most of their comics.

It's the same short-term sales shit they pulled before, just with a different flavor.

Nice.

fuck off

So does she smell like fish down there as well?

Also checked.

Where have you been for the past year?

it's called the end of the iron age of kali yuga

What's "semi-safe" content for Marvel? The only answers I can think of (politic free classic heroes vs. badguy brawl) seems like it would be a good thing

kill yourself leftypol or tumblr

I think he means in comparison

God she's so cute. When you guys make Marvel great again can you bring her back.

DE JOOOS

That's exactly what I mean by 'semi-safe' content. Which is ironic because just by doing that Marvel would be doing a lot of good but without some actual really high quality stuff that pushes envelopes they likely aren't going to get readers back. So a return to Superhero X battling Dr. Satan would be expected before you re-establish characters well enough to start having much deeper and more impact in your stories.

Iger has been doing a lot of work to trying to respect Disney's legacy since he became CEO. I'm not claiming Disney is some bastion of creativity, but when you look at the landscape around American Media currently? It's the safest bet for harbor.

Shark Girl is one of my favorite marvel characters and my favorite mutant. Period. She's also a perfect example of what Marvel needs to fix its damn self. And it comes from two very small bits of character development that will probably mean nothing when she gets offscreen killed to establish some future event villain.

One of the first times she had her mutant powers activate was Mistique hurting her and causing her blood to go everywhere sending Shark Girl into a frenzy. Afterwards she joined the Xavier school because she was frightened because that wasn't her. Obviously she had gotten pissed in the past and lost control, but she explained that it felt like something else entirely took her over and she didn't like that. That's a really powerful conflict to give a character and is in fact a very good representation of dysphoria, not the blogosphere transtrender bullshit but actually being uncomfortable with something about your body/mind.

Second one comes in Spiderman and the Xmen. The same issue where Sauron exclaims he wants to turn people into dinosaurs. They do the typical element of surprise takes out the heroes thing but Iara, being a shark that actually kind of IS a dinosaur, actually manages to convince him and Doctor Stegron that she's totally into that plan. So Shark Girl, who is more or less a brawler, has to turn on her feminine whiles to turn the two against each other to win the day. Afterwards she explains that it actually felt really good to have to men actually be interested in her sexually, she hadn't gotten anything like that since she became a mutant. Again, a great little character moment for her.

And this is why marvel is failing. Because even as much as you hate it, SJW bullshit and Identity politics are a big issue today and there's lots of interesting things you could do with them in the hands of a competent writer. But Marvel has shit tier writers that would rather just play the race/gender swap game with titular characters than actually exploring a female Brazilian foreign exchange student with body disphoria issues by contrasting her with other characters and putting them into interesting situations. No, better to just pull a Duke on Tony Stark and say the new Iron Man is this opinionated black alt chick.

In truth? I'm glad they aren't even aware enough to notice her. If they did I'm absolutely certain that they'd shove her into a title and suddenly those little deeper character motivations would suddenly become the only things about her. Every other line would be about how oppressed she feels and everyone would rightfully hate her.

If Marvel brought the hammer down the entire set of problems would be gone in five minutes.

I mean yeah, just outright cancelling underperforming books and throwing out writers that've always underperformed and caused problems is basic business sense, but there's also the distribution side. Disney has been so dead set on non interventionist policies they allowed Diamond to keep it's monopoly on distribution and jack up prices and keep the material only in specialty shops.

But Disney doesn't actually need Diamond. They're big enough to have their own distribution networks in house. They could just wave their hands and you could buy Spider-Man at Wal Mart or Safeway at a magazine rack and remove Diamonds bass-ackwards returns policy that stopped that from happening already.

Distribution isn't even a factor in this.

If it were, Marvel wouldn't be sending shops 200% or more of their orders just to keep up appearances. And if Marvel saw this as a problem, they'd tell Disney about it and it would be fixed.

Marvel's just run by morons leading other morons.

Isn't she dead now? I heard they killed her off in one of the comics.

Fa/tg/uy here, and appreciator of fictional worlds, magic systems, and internally consistent worlds.

One of the major ways that Marvel has especially fucked up is in the world building department. During the creation of the X-Men, they served as a handy allegory for the Civil Rights movement. As the times progressed, it became a less coherent metaphor, so the X-Men kind of became a metaphor for adolescence and puberty.

The people who read and enjoyed these comics the most enjoyed them for their deep character moments, the surprising interactions, the exploration of the rules of the setting. Like, why are the Cosmic entities of the Marvel universe so interesting? They're just bland God stand-ins, right? Wrong. They represent and explain the forces at work which hold the whole setting together.

Modern Marvel Comics, however, is still intent on getting back into the social commentary racket. Their setting is not one of superpowers and cosmic entities.. Not all the time. Instead, it's just the real world, our world, with superheroes dropped in. Everything about Marvel's version of Earth is near-identical to our world. All the same geo-political problems exist. All the same racial tensions. All the same celebrities. All the same social media shit and hashtag activism.

Marvel builds worlds the way talentless middle-aged women write smutty young-adult novels.

Mutants, Inhumans, Meta-humans, Super-science, hidden hyper advanced cities, aliens, time travelers… How the fuck can an Earth with all of those things end up exactly the fucking same as our planet? It can't. There wouldn't be a religious war in the middle east because any one of hundreds of super heroes or villains would show up and end that in an afternoon because there are more important things happening.

Instead of exploring a setting with absolutely insane potential for interesting, character-driven stories, and delving into how all these wildly chaotic elements work together and interact and conflict, Marvel took the easiest possible route and ended up with some of the shittiest comics ever put to print.

That was extremely well put. I didn't even think of all that. The whole Marvel universe just get more and more retarded the more you think about it.

Actually, getting books into stores is rather difficult. Disney would have to convince Wal-Mart to give up valuable retail space for Marvel comics, a herculean undertaking when you consider the quality, price, and format of mainstream comics.

Any solution to this problem would likely crash the market.

I agree and disagree with this. I agree because since everything went to total shit a total reboot like DC can be good as long it's not overused… like DC. But the problem is how long they gonna play it safe? 3 years or forever? Remember their own comic division was scattered all over. European Donald Duck comics flourish but American sales are lackluster or even non existent.

Yeah, this. This is why I want to see them actually put Carol as the guilty one, or even a villainous position after what she did in CW2. If they really want equality, this is a way to go.

I'm reminded that the Marvel universe is a world where Reed Richards could easily cure all disease, Tony Stark could provide law enforcement with functionally indestructible armor that perfectly recorded all interactions for the record with a full complement on non-lethal weapons and Doctor Doom could get the world economy running so well that poverty would be abolished.

And there COULD be a reason why none of that is done, but Marvel would never actually bother writing that story.

Making Carol into a villain would be the smartest thing to do. Just slowly step by step her into a totalitarian simply because she is so assured that she is right and doing the right thing. She would make an absolutely perfect allegory for someone who slowly 'cuts out the problematic people in their life' and slowly creating an echo chamber and the real dangers that come from doing that.

But that would require actual thought and talent, and Marvel cant do that.

This is pretty what Wizard magazine folk said back in the late 90s. For them X-Men evolved too much. Before all the Shi'ar empire technology, the complicated relation with several mutant groups and edgy appearances X-Men was supposed to be underdog team that doesn't even have enough funding for equipment and transport. People root on them because they are the exact opposite of Avengers that got a mansion, butler and Tony's gold.

To be fair DC also did the same with their world. Even Gotham became ass backward city because it's "crime ridden" The only world that did it right is Superman the Animated Series. Metropolis turned into high tech city thanks to lots of techs coming in from in and outside Earth. DCUO actually follow that template by turning a huge lake into one giant dam for water turbine power source.

Marvel Cinematic Universe also did it right by making Tony's Iron Man suit and his power source as a jump start for technology race in that universe.

Keep doing what he's doing: crashing it with NO SURVIVORS.

There's probably an official term for it, but generally speaking, if something is going to exist in a story, then it should affect the story. Likewise, if something is present in the world, the whole world, then it should affect the world.

Marvel's way of handling superhuman entities in their setting has always been weak. There's a government agency, and the public has a mixed reaction.. but mostly a bad one, because collateral damage and vague, out-dated racism allegory for Mutants and Inhumans… and every other fucking thing in the world is the same.

Even their latest event is especially uninspired.
How fucking revolutionary!

Even if Stark, Richards, and the other super geniuses had a good reason not to fuck with the world, we could still have stories about meta-human SWAT teams, and mutants who don't make it into Xavier's school, and so on.. Instead we have the Champions (aka, the diversity squad) going to the middle east to be all "YASSS FEMINISM" and a little nigglet girl running around New York with a T-rex who is apparently the smartest fucking person ever, who can't actually invent shit or solve any problems.

Since the thread was largely about Marvel, I stuck with Marvel, but DC is guilty of all the same shit too.

It was around the time that the mutants made their own little island paradise that I thought, "Jeeze you know what would be awesome? A comic about some guy with absolutely no powers in these places."

Like, imagine the janitor at Xaviers school, not toad as it later became, but just some regular human. A man hired to be janitor at a school for super powered kids. Like a Doctorate in chemistry so he can mix up solutions that clean up the frankly wide arrange of strange bullshit that kids might leave behind. Imagine the stories you could tell at that school from that perspective. He's a janitor, and older, so officially he would have authority and supposed to have respect. He would also be an 'other' depending on how much a deal certain people made of that, and with absolutely no powers or combat ability completely at the mercy of the worst whims of those around him. Just imagine the kind of interactions and tensions something like that would cause.

I'd love to see a character like that around so when some X-man gets a little preachy about 'why do they fear us so much' to pull up his shirt to reveal scars and explain to them 'these ones were on purpose, these were accidental' or watch as he crosses a line because students pranking him and fucking with him goes to far. Like calling one of the kids a 'mutie' and causing an uproar and refusing to apologize because fuck that kid, he's been an asshole to him all year and he hates him.

Wuh-but isn't horse-fucking degeneracy in like its most classic definition?

How would trump even stop him from doing it? What is he going to do, nationalize the guys corp?

how many layers of jaded libertarian nihilish are you on my dude.

Tumblr is cancerous by default, no matter how sane it might be it'll always be infected.

It's like standing in an unshielded nuclear reactor with a bunch of cancer-ridden mutants and saying "I don't feel any cancer! Some parts of this place are even okay! Look there's a chair over there to sit in! Why is everyone always so wary of this place? It's kind of nice!"

dead on.

But he needs to go back

PUT EVERY KIKE ON A SPIKE

Well its only a theory, but considering that our current Lame Duck legally passed a proto-propganda measure into law, if Trump's influence is able to shift the general leftism in the country their is a small chance that Marvel comics may change their stance due to the climate of the time. and bad sales

Hey /frech/

That would be fucking awesome. The X-Men don't really get much interaction from regular humans to be fair, and having a normal guy working a mundane position at Xavier School would have provided an insight into WHY humanity hated mutants and made the conflict understandable on both sides.

I always wanted to see a kind of "what if" or something where the world's superpowers are inverted. Not like AXIS inversion, but as in "all supers become normal, and normals become supers". I want to see how people like Mutants, Inhumans and other individuals who define themselves based on their powers react when THEY are the ones who don't have powers, but everybody else does. I want them to feel what normal people feel.

There was something kinda like that in the Earth X series. Everyone not already super powered were changed into Inhumans. Cyclops even has a bit talking about how things were simpler when not everyone had superpowers. It's not exactly what you asked for but it's the closest thing I can imagine.

Earth X did have something like it, but Earth X was full of too much other bullshit for them to focus on how that affected people.

Earth X was fucking madness.

Yeah it was pretty weird.

I remember deviantart. But its a different type of cancer. Deviantart is fucked up fetishes and degeneracy. It keeps to itself. Tumblr is degeneracy and obnoxious teens who think they know everything. Also, they will doxx you, stalk you and try to get you fired. Deviantart is weapon grades autism while Tumblr is pure scum.

The only way would be for Marvel to stop being Marvel
>consequences are never the same again actually matter
But that would mean that Marvel has to give up their current cushy way of doing things and take some risks that may not pay off and giving up a cash cow , even if it is bleeding revenue ,isn't considered safe from a business standpoint but then again neither is their current strategy

I'm surprised they didn't put Cobra Commander in that pic.

That's because even hysterical liberals know Cobra Commander did nothing wrong.

nah, i'm pretty certain it's because after losing pepe to ebil nahtsees they try to hold on for dear life to the few precious memes they still have left that are "untarnished" and Cobra Commander as dated as it may be it is prevalent amongst them in an "ironic" way of course

Literally all you have to do is make the books good. It worked out fairly well for DC, in case you haven't noticed.

People would accept shit like Captain Falcon, or even Riri Williams if the books were good.

Trying to have a set continuity is something only newfags want from the comic book industry. The books only have to be good. That's how you get them to sell.

I don't even think they know what GI Joe is