Mulholland Drive (2001)

What was this shit about?

Why did the movie flip over when Rita put the key in the box?

It's about coming up with your own interpretation while you sniff your own farts to impress other pretentious people.

I was under the impression it didn't have any kind of deeper meaning or anything to "figure out", and was more like a movie made from the reptile part of the brain.

t. michael bay

most of the movie is a fantasy of the blonde girl
what you see towards the end is a stream of consciousness mashing fantasy and reality
the blonde girl is a trashy lesbian girl in a relationship with an actress, which at some point broke through fame thanks to a movie she starred in and left her to marry the director
in a fit of rage and envy, she hires the hitman to kill the other woman
she then develops this fantasy you see in omst of the movie, where everything is upside down: she's the actress, everyone loves her and wants to give her the part in the movie, she's pretty much perfect, the other woman is traumatized and insecure, constantly needs her help and is in love with her, the hitman is an idiot etc.
in the end, she's taken by guilt and decides to kill herself
the other elements like the key, the box, the bum and so on you probably shouldn't spend too much time thinking about what they mean, if they mean anything at all, as i said all the film is a fantasy/dream/stream of consciousness of the blonde woman, and there are many things in dreams that do not make sense or only make sense on a subconscious level
overall a decent movie if you're not a pleb whos mind has been filled with reddit wars and other jewish hollywood garbage like

Actually, this IS one of the only two David Lynch movies that he said do have a deeper meaning, compared to the rest which he said, actually have no meaning and you're pretentious if you "find the meaning" Unless based on something; Dune, Wild at heart, Elephant Man

This movie is okay but severely overrated.
What officially happens IIRC is that Rita send a hitman to kill her girlfriend out of jealousy and the whole first part is her trying to pretend she saves her once she feels guilty about it.

The moral is either "(((Hollywood))) will fuck your vision and ambitions" There's the scene when the director gets literally cucked for not complying to (((execs))) orders and those will fuck you.
Or
"Just because (((Jewllywood))) fucked you over that isn't an excuse for your bad decisions and you won't feel better making them the villain if your story."

Sounds like Holla Forums.

Sounds like the real life /cool/ doesn't want to accept.
TFW you realize Holla Forums is Rita.

Holla Forums*

That's David Lynch for you, displaying degeneracy freely on cinema, going to Alex Jones show asking people to question 9/11.

Get out

gotchu fam.

mulholland drive is the best introduction movie to david lynch. there are no answers, and everything seems like a weird dream. there isn't any depth, yet it's more meaningful than 99% of movies.

That's why I'm talking about nigga. Thanks. Also checking those trips

The homeless dude behind the diner was 2spooky

Wait, what?

He didn't blamed anyone He's not the kind of person who blames without evidence, and not even then really but he did said that the official 9/11 was a house made of eggshells that shouldn't be raising that many questions so easily… and being Lynch formed a little museum gallery of "Doubts on 9/11"

But he did said the Pentagon was pure bullshit.

she takes pills to kill her self

tnis is her memories of what led up to her suicide

totally fucked up memories

Eraserhead has a pretty straightfoward meaning. It's about the fears of a man getting hooked into being a husband and a father before he's ready for it.

Lynch is such a fascinating guy. Like, you can watch a lot of his movies, look at his somewhat unkempt hair and think "Oh yeah, this guy is your typical pretentious 2deep4u Hollywood artist." Then you watch interviews with him and he's kind of the furthest thing. He seems like the antithesis of most people in the industry and doesn't seem to have much regard for Hollywood. I was reading an interview with him the other day where he said he doesn't see movies anymore and the only TV shows he watches are car shows on the Velocity Network. Apparently the fucker loves shows about building custom cars and motorcycles. One of the really interesting things in that interview though was;
That shit's refreshing.

That was the other Lynch movie he said has meaning.
I really don't think is about parenthood entirely, I think something really bad happened to Henry that created a monster that finally drove his loved one away, at the end he kills that monster and he's in heaven, the bricked window that later is not gave me a feel of repressed memories.

Is sad that he doesn't watch movies, its probably to much of a hassle to find something that makes you feel, honestly repairing cars sounds most constructive use of your personal time.

I admit, that shit caught me way off guard.

he takes me everytiem even when i expect it
how did they do it?

Ok, good the plot structure is meant to confuse the viewer like a dream sounds like a nice touch but my problem with Lynch is also my problem with many other directors.
They try acting like artists but they never do so correctly.
You want surreal dream like films, watch Tarkovsky, 8 1/2, Dali, they did it a thousand times better than Lynch ever could have in his entire filmography.

Lunch does not use the camera to his advantage at all and focuses souly on the story, he doesn't know how to portray it beyond "just record it lol." like literally everyone else in Hollywood, and everyone acts like he's above them in some way, even he does.
He's not.

He's film tier at best, and here we see people acting like he's fucking kino tier.
Your director is shit and so are you, go back to Facebook.
I'm not even gonna sage, I'm so angry I want everyone to see how retarded Lynch fags are.

t. pleb

t. shitposter

is the joke in this thread that people don't know how lynch frankensteins movies together out of failed pilots and that's why they're not cohesive, or what

When are you gonna learn?
Lynch doesn't rate anywhere between your Michael Bay to Andrei Tarkovsky tiers, he doesn't have a purpose Iike Bay's money, or being remembered for the eternity, he doesn't care if his movies are liked or booed.
He has doubts on 9/11? He makes a little gallery about it.
Lynch is literally a guy with a camera with >40 years experience, the only "production" movies he's made drove him as far from Hollywood AAA studios as he could.
I just can't understand people's insistence on bringing Tarkovsky, by what said, I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a short film about a man making a little race car for his son.

it's about guilt & identity. she had her lesbian lover killed and she wants to escape from her reality.
do kiddos really have a problem understanding lynch? he's good & all but he's entry level.

So he just does this for the lulz?

Now Lynch is a fucking thousand times worse, you look at Warhol he used people to add meaning to his meaningless paintings, his themes were "art is dead and society killed it."

Moore (as shit of a writer as he was.) used various comic tropes to make Watchmen as a statement and anti thesis to the current industry.
In both cases normalfags ate it up, considered both actual "art" and started gobbling their cocks. Unless Lynch's flat camera work is done on purpose to out idiots like you then his films are shit, he's done nothing to portray it through film, he should have just become a writer.

Lol no
Stay on a rhetoric nigger.

I only mentioned Tarkovsky, I never said Lynch copied him.

What I'm trying to say is
Lynch's cinematography is shit.
And that's why he makes meh movies.
That's why you guys are cocksucking dumbasses for actually thinking he's a great director.
He's not.

Well I liked it

If you liked it then great, if you consider it to be art then I'm sorry to tell you this but your brain has a tumor. You have 6 weeks left to live .

Mary Mother of Dubs!

Those are trips, and you are autistic.

Kill yourself.

You're just a pleb who can't enjoy some good lynchkino