Carnage Issue #15

Chthon Arrives!

sorry for being so late

To be concluded…

Only one issue left Holla Forums, who do you think will live through it?

At this point Eddie Brock has gone through more character development and growth than even Peter Parker.

bump

Cletus Kassady, for sure. Also I think we know Eddie Brock is showing up in future issues, so him too.

Raze is probably going to die.

Symbiotes evolved to kill each other?

I don't like this. Granted, I don't like this Klyntar crap Bendis pulled up on us either, but weren't the symbiotes originally a species that didn't hurt each other? They consumed their hosts, yes, but they co-existed peacefully?

This is bound to be good

Thanks OP

I'm not sure where you're getting that from? Could you elaborate?

Shit Eldritch horror/10

Every single fucking time these people do this shit when they're running Cosmic horror, and it always falls flat because they don't get the entire point of these things when they break through is that they fuck the senses to the degree that an overly detailed 5000+ word essay would not even hope to cover every highly advanced supreme biological function visible these creatures leave in their wake, and when they show up, these people never drop the bomb and reduce any fight to a struggle to survive in odds the mind and biology of the combatant wern't ever structured to be prepared for, like it's a test of the summary of one's potential as a species to even compete with these things.

No, you don't drop the Elder god, Great Old One, Great One, True/Obrityh, Elder Evil, Outer god in like that.

You stop that fuck in and suck in as much Air into your lungs as possible and spew a no-space drone on how fucked the opposition is, then you slam down a fuckload of mirrors, trippy ass filter shit, and an entire new set of rules that the challangers have no idea how to work beyond trial and error in the limited time frame they are given whilst the horror that should not be get's used to it's surroundings, and contemplates it's next action and position, which is very short, given that these things a
are hyper-intelligent to the point where The highest form of Geometry to us as humans is less than babby tier to them.

This thing? Father Dagon tier, Hit it really hard and it'll fuck off, subordinate/10 would not sacrifice in the woods to.

For a moment I thought the thread read "Clinton Arrives!" and they made a comic about Killary showing her true form.

I think the design is basically just Cthulhu without the mouth tentacles and wings replaced by swards of tentacles. Calm down there bud. Not every eldritch horror needs to be a shifting mass of eyes and mouths.

I don't think that they should even try eldritch horror the whole point of it is: they are so incomprehensible to the point that it would be unthinkable to try to kill it. The best they could do to be accurate to the genre would be to stop the ritual of awakening before it happens.

You guys seem to be missing the fact that Chthon is clearly either a symbiote or is bonded with a symbiote. This is the Marvel universe after all, so it's going to be some sort of alien shit. I'm guessing he wont actually be a god.

Well duh. Almost every 'god' in the MU is just an alien lifeform with incredible abilities. There's the cosmic beings that are closer to gods then there's the one above all who is God itself.

Im sure something like that already exists

editfag did it first.

Originally, the Venom symbiote was an outcast because it didn't want to consume its host(s) like other symbiotes - or rather parasites - did.

What Bendis did - making the symbiotes noble space warriors fighting for peace and justice in the galaxy - is retarded and a slap to the face of every symbiote fan.

Then again, the whole symbiote race was eradicated by Galactus in one panel - en passant so to speak. So it isn't the first time Marvel mistreats its assets.

A lot of bad shit can be blamed on Bendis. Thank fuck the new Venom series is seemingly ignoring the shit he started.

Thankfully

Thanks OP, how many issues of this is there going to be again?

16, there's only one left. I'll storytime the entire series again before the final one drops.

Is there ANYTHING horrible/stupid going on at Marvel that Bendis has no real association with? Legit curious.

I guess the current Spider man comic by Dan Slott?

You mean the big Clone Conspiracy event that people hate?

Come to think of it, IvX has been a bit underwhelming so far, too.

Is that a painting or an actual photograph?

I thought Morrison handled it just fine in Zenith.

And Dan Brereton had Superman get TENTACOO WAPE in JLA: Seven Caskets.
Aquaman told you about them tentacoos, bro.
WE TOLD YOU ABOUT THEM TENTACOOS.

Got the rest?

What hasn't been underwhelming?

No, but there's lots of nice touches, like the heroes being attacked by fleshy blobs that appear and disappear in mid-air, and they're three-dimensional cross-sections of a high-dimensional being reaching through our plane, like if we were trying to fight Flatlanders.

Aw

Wat

You know, like if you were trying to punch a flatlander, he'd just see a bunch of skin-coloured lumps appearing in the air around him as your fist passed through his two-dimensional world.
Or if you reached for him with an open hand, he'd see five little nuggets appear, then combine into a fleshy lump.
Now imagine what a four-dimensional man trying to kick YOUR ass would look like.

Aquaman tells Superman not to mess with the Dreaming God, and Superman REGRETS HIS CAVALIER ATTITUDE. I don't even think he manages to wake it up, Cthulhu kicks his ass in it's sleep.

Got a torrent?

I couldn't find one.
I don't get why Daniel Brereton isn't more popular, his work looks amazing.

Oh, unless you were asking about Zenith, that's on all those "read-online" sites.
For years, we didn't have a decent collection, the only reprints were such bad quality it looked like blotting paper.
I mean how hard to you have to fail to fuck up a black and white comic? How many year have 2000ad been doing this?
It's not even like Yeowell puts a lot of fine detail and linework into his art, like Brian Bolland, he just used to do this Alex Toth sort of planes of stylised black and white, years before Frank Miller tried it.
But the reprints were blurry AF, like they'd run it off on the office Xerox.