How do normal people get their shit together?

Help me uncuck my life Holla Forums.

I've been desperately searching for new pathways but find myself constantly discouraged. It seems every possible option will require no less than four years of schooling- I don't particularly want to be a tradesman but I don't want to go to a Marxist indoctrination center and come out as a barista either. Even if I did try to go the trade route all the good paying jobs seem to want over 9000 years of experience. I don't think I can handle STEM, and it seems like getting a degree in an applied field like Nursing or Paramedic doesn't even guarantee a job when you finish.

How do normies deal with this? Just sacrifice years of your life learning to be something that might not even come into fruition in the end? I want to have goddamn sexual marketplace value, and I don't want to live in my childhood home in this SJW infested hellhole anymore.

What do you think? Should I just /kys/?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/health-41608984
youtube.com/user/JordanPetersonVideos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to see your scars

Kek

No we need freaks like you in this world.

Seems like you have what it takes, somewhere.

apprenticeship in the trades, user. they cover your schooling while you're on the clock. when HR reps post help wanted ads, they give the stats for ideal candidates. it doesn't matter if you lack the prereq's - apply anyway. you'll have your shit together and be a normie in less than a year (assuming you stay off the drugs)

Normal people don't "get their shit together", retard. Normal people are never in a situation of having to start from scratch. If you don't ride the kike train from HS to college to full time cuckold, you're never going to have a normal life. I'm a HS dropout NEET for 5 years, i also potatoed my brain. There's no way in hell i will ever own a home with a wife and kids, you're not either. Accept that and figure out your shit based on that. Start wagecucking and get a small apartment somewhere where rent is cheap as fuck, and only work enough to have ramen and an internet connection. Those are my current goals in life at least. I already tried jumping back into normaldom by joining the military and that just confirmed that i'm fucked, and that i don't even want to be a normalfag. Don't make even more mistakes by trying to fit in now, it's way too late.

this

There you go

Th-thanks..

I'm in same situation but with weed/alchohol/speed. I fucked everything now I'm putting my life together. Be humble is my personal advice.

Thanks for the pic. Nice choice of clothing.

If you fing that un-fucking your shit is too difficult, there's always >>>/suicide/ - but it is my belief that every situation has potential for betterment. Good luck to you.

find*

brb kill self

Funny you mention that- I'm a huge JBP fan. I've marathoned all of his content over the last year whilst binging on the 3-meow. I really resonate with what he says about what happens when you kill your ideal- and the ensuing existential chaos and emptiness you pay for it with

Suicide doesn't even make sense if you don't believe in any kind of afterlife. You won't even know your troubles are gone.

Is your left your dick hand?

I'm ambidextrous. At least when it comes to fapping

Prove it.

Yeah, we understand each other then. You know putting into practice is what's hard. I'm not even sure I want to choose the meaningful path. But I decided to atleast try and be myself. Atleast stop pretending.

Most people simply don't think about anything, and therefore never second-guess themselves, or contemplate, or wonder if what they are doing is the right thing.
They just do.
That's why average intelligence people seem to succeed without any real effort or talent.

Samefag: I also have a theory that huge JBP fans have weak male figures in their lives. Which is why we binge on him.

no you should keep doing you, friend, it seems like a life worth living and one we can't live without

Big if true ;)

you won't be suffering through them in this life

In my defense they aren't exactly attention scars- I was having a psychotic break and did it in a fit of panic. The iphone was free with a family plan

What's wrong with my jeans?

Read my post again. Suicide is not a warm embrace, more like the cold, dark depths of the ocean if you want to be poetic. It's not calmness, it's nothingness if you're atheistic like me. You won't even know you're not suffering is my point. So it doesn't make sense.

What worries me about suicide is that I've somewhat fallen for the reincarnation meme and I worry that I'll come back as something worse

i'm not sure i can help you, user

you are going to die whether you like it or not, faggot

I would love for reincarnation to be true. I don't care what I come back as. Unfortunately I believe in nothingness after death.

Why kill yourself when you can suffer instead? ;)

We'll see about that.

Spending the rest of my life doing something meaningless after having experienced a meaningful life sounds torturous. I don't want to spend my entire existence paying for mistakes I made at 21. Unfortunately I'm not even sure I have the luxury of thinking in those terms anymore.

The idea of going for FDNY/EMS sounds pretty ok to me, and with experience in those fields I could potentially move somewhere nicer a few years down the line. The problem is all these civil service jobs require psychiatric evaluations, and my medical records are an absolute horror show

I'm in a real pickle here fellas

Well, you know what you have to do. You can either fix your life and minimize suffering or continue downward. And in my experience everytime I thought I've hit rock bottom I go down even further. Maybe do the future authoring program?

user, life is a never-ending series of choices. for the rest of your life, you'll be paying for your "mistakes" and every time you say to yourself "fuck it, i'll go ahead and make this mistake too" you're gonna pay for that shit for the rest of your life. so make good choices, starting now.

Cutting through that shitty tattoo could only have improved it. I notice you made a point of cutting around it. Please punch yourself in the balls for that alone.

Do you really want to be normal? Normal people are unintelligent, incurious, and deeply indebted. They shit out 2-3 kids without any thought as to how best to raise them. They vote Republican or Democrat and defend their choice with talking points they heard on network news. They have one or two hobbies that they think makes them unique, but really they're just cogs in a machine that they don't understand and which will never care about them.

If you want to be normal, find a job that pays about $15/hr, and get married to a woman 1-2 "points" below you on any reasonable scale of attractiveness/eligibility, and who makes around $12/hr. Watch at least 3 hours of TV a night (preferably 5 or 6), spend time on Facebook while you do it, and follow at least one sport. Rack up at least $10,000 of credit card debt. Gain some weight. Impregnate your wife. Fill your kids' heads with religious nonsense. Retire at 65. Die of heart disease or a common cancer at around 75.

Congratulations. You were "normal" and "got your shit together."

lol at that desciption

btw, most of the people in your

would have been happy for you to be in prison getting anally raped by a well-hung buck nigger every day for your scary drug habit.

I never wanted to be normal, I went out of my way to live on the fringe of society and I loved it- but I screwed it up by going nuts and burning all my bridges within those circles. I would go back if I could.

Now it seems I'm pretty much faced with the choice to either fall in line somewhere or die. My life couldn't possibly be more empty than it is right now, even the most good goy pathways of them all would improve my situation provided they allowed me to become independent again. I'll probably never get a chance to live my dream again but I could still have an enjoyable life if I had a family, friends and a purpose. I battle with the temptation to be nihilistic and write the world off completely but it wouldn't actually do me any favors.

Youre probably being targeted OP.
Check for ear ringing before your next mood swing or craving.

There would be no reason to target me anymore friend. Me and my life are probably the best arguments against being a bad goy anyone could come up with.

We have bills to pay. That's just a fact of life. 23 isn't too late to turn things around. I'm 27 and I get my CS degree next year. Yeah, employment is soulless and shit, but you get money, and you can still do whatever the hell you want in your free time. Keep your expenses down and you don't even need to work that much if you really don't want to. Save up and travel to a poor country. Maybe you'll change your mind about your situation when you see people working all day every day just to eat. You're never going to be rich or famous, nobody's going to remember you when you die. Get over it and enjoy your short time here.

Who cares about normal. Practice occultism. Start from wherever you feel the need to start from.

You'll either fall down the rabbit hole and die, or gain esoteric perspective of humans relation to reality.

Anything can be used as a reference poont, but don't adhere to any.dogma. Know what you know is true, and hold onto it. Also know that what you may know is probably a lie, seeing as there is one truth but infinite lies.

Hope this helps!

I have no goals tho

Lol dissociatives are for low-IQ whites and niggers. They literally turn you into a nutcase. You're a moron for doing shit drugs like that. Even meth or heroin would have been a better option. Goddamn, you are pathetic.

"normal people" don't have their shit together tho
they pretend to under heavy medication

I've wondered if I could pull off CompSci. I don't really have a background in it at all and I was shit at math in HS but that was before I had any vested interest in applying myself. Life pulled me into such an odd direction that really required no aptitude or study in any specific area so I have no idea what I'm capable of now. I was always told I was smart but I grew up in the whole participation trophy matrix so who knows. I've always thought my outside-the-box thinking and curious nature was a marker of intelligence but now I'm thinking that might be more to do with being higher in openness. I know surgeons who think CNN is a legitimate news source, that has to mean something but I'm not entirely sure what.

I've gotten plenty far down the woo-woo rabbit hole and I don't feel it worked out for me very well in the end. I did once entertain the idea of taking up Zen Buddhism and becoming a monastic, but two days in a monastery was all it took to change my mind. I found their rituals to be asinine and a waste of life. I've felt stuff doing other sorts of magick things, but I'm pretty sure that had a lot to do with the fact that I was doing it with other people whom I shared intimate friendships with and thus filling the void of connection that I had growing up. I think normies get a similar fix from church or sports.

MXE was a gentlemans drug, and my drug of choice. When it disappeared I took the closest thing I could get. My downward spiral has believe it or not been a very logical progression of events- one that I couldn't even perceive as a downward spiral until horrible, irreversible damage had been done.

You may have a point there

Get any shitty job that will help you save enough money to fly to Tibet. Then ask the Buddhist monks to help you get your shit together. What have you got to lose at this point?

exactly
this

gobbledegook from start to finish

I've ultimately arrived at the conclusion that such people don't actually have their shit together in any meaningful way at all. Being content with nothing is certainly a useful skill in that you can't be disappointed, but in practice monasticism just seems like another game to play. A particularly boring one at that. An orange robe as opposed to a work uniform. There's so much shit to experience in life, why on earth would I want to sit around counting my breath all day? Buddhists tend to preach antinatalism anyway, and in my mind there couldn't possibly be a more meaningful "spiritual" experience than to create a new life.

compared to you, they do.

ok then, go make yourself miserable struggling to experience the "normie" life i discarded a decade ago with no regrets

It's quite true. People simply do not give a shit about anyone else.

That being said I have toyed with the idea of just working housekeeping type jobs that provide room and board and using the money to travel, repeating that cycle indefinitely. I just don't want to end up one of those people who really want a family and don't have one. That sounds like an awful position to be in.

Welcome to the club, OP. Same story here, different circumstances. I have no idea what the fuck I want from life.
In your case though, I'd ask how you'd attained that life you enjoyed so much, and just try achieve it again the same way you got it the first time.

They don't. They're usually just as miserable as you, except they drown themselves in social activities.

Because it is. It's the game that shows you everything is just another 'game' to play. Those robe wearing baldies will show you there is nothing to grasp in life because nothing can be grasped.

Escape your bubble, OP.

Living a normie life is radically different depending on which culture you're living in, which just shows that there is no real standard for living. It's all about values. Define your values, then find the culture most closely aligned with it. If you can't find one, then go innawoods and live alone.

Sadly I'm all but certain I did find it, and I can in all likelihood never return. Now I'm pretty much a lost soul.

I would love to move to another country but there's no reason for anywhere worth going to give me a visa.

I might end up living on a farm. It's hard because I don't fit into contemporary American society but I don't fit so neatly into the fringe either as it tends to attract the absolute worst kinds of feminazis and commies.

Down the river, not across the street, you fucking moron.

Just try. Why fear failure when you already are a failure?

Find a job, even a shitty Walmart 3rd shift stocking job is better than nothing.

Get fit, exercise is best cure for all mental illnesses.

Eat healthy, nutrition is key to a happy life.

Fap endlessly to hebe and ponies. 3dpd is the poison that is killing us.

If you're going to be a druggie, the only drugs worth using are psilocybin and dmt.
bbc.com/news/health-41608984

Why be normal when you can be a winner?

Been there done that

I'm a big proponent of psychedelics but there's a limit to how much such things can actually help you- particularly in the framework of western society. The world largely doesn't care about your revelations and you'll often be disappointed to find yourself in the same place you started once you come back to baseline.

Knowing that culture is an operating system is only helpful in that it allows you to interact with said operating system with a greater degree of awareness. Once upon a time I believed that all the worlds ills would disappear overnight if we just dosed everybody- but I think the age we're living in now offers proof to the contrary. Psychedelics are now more widely available than at any other time in human history and what do we end up with? A bunch of post-modernist ideology possessed kids who think your gender can change throughout the course of the day and that marching through the streets in pink pussy hats does more good for the world than becoming responsible. Mckenna is actually a good example of how /psy/ often just amplifies your already existing pathological worldview as he was quite a cuck who believed the world would be better off if it were arranged in a matriarchal structure

I maintain that everyone ought to dabble in these things at least a couple of times but I can't honestly say that 90% of my extensive /psy/ exploration hasn't been exercises in pseudospiritual masturbation. If I spent even half the time or money I did on drug related activities investing in a hobby or skill I would certainly still have my beautiful home and friends- and might even be goddamn competent at something or have a girlfriend. I no longer have any illusions that my drug use is anything but what it is at this point- a source of cheap thrills and a coping mechanism to deal with my failure as a person. In this it makes more sense to do dissociatives as they're more fun, cheaper, can be dosed way more often without tolerance issues and don't share the same potential to allow my subconscious to mercilessly attack me

You keep striving for validation from "society." That's your first mistake. Also, if you're finding yourself at the same place after coming back to baseline, you obviously didn't dose high enough. Take the "heroic dose" of five dried grams and try again.
Don't worry about "society" just work on yourself. You act like you already have all the answers, yet come to the sewer of Holla Forums for life advice. Amusing and sad.
I don't think McKenna has all the answers, but at least he followed the beat of his own drum while most people are lemmings looking for an authority figure to worship and follow.
If you really think the key to happiness is a normal job and wife, then go get that. Even the poorest, ugliest, least educated people in the world can do that. It's not an accomplishment, so I'm not sure why you'd even consider that a lofty, unattainable goal.

There are those on here whose lives have been spiraling downwards for so long they can longer tell which way is up and which way is down.

youtube.com/user/JordanPetersonVideos
Here you go user enjoy

Of course you should kys, spare yourself the pain you're going to feel when you reach your 30's and realize nothing has changed.
If you're serious about doing something start by finding voluntary work just to dip your toe into the water. It beats full time employment and looks good on your resume.
If you're looking for a pathway why don't you get fit and join the fireservice? Become a fireman and have bitches lapping at your dick!
You're still very young and have time to change. If you don't change you'll become me. A 34yo old NEET who still lives in his mothers basement which is something you don't want to be.
Good luck user, I hope you get your shit together.

NORMAL PEOPLE DONT HAVE TO GET THEIR SHIT TOGETHER BECAUSE THEIR SHIT NEVER FELL APART NIGGER
THEY SIMPLY HAVE AN ADVANTAGE THAT YOU DON'T HAVE
BECAUSE LIFE IS NEVER FAIR
HOW'S THAT FOR A RED PILL ON LIFE YOU FAGGOT

I definitely don't have the answers, I just think if I were ever going to find them via hallucinogens it would have happened already. I've taken 5-7g more times than I can remember, munched on quarter sheets, done all sorts of unholy psy/dis combinations, drank ayahausca in the amazon, tripped by myself, in groups, in total darkness, alone in the woods/jungle etc etc. It's all old shit to me. I've become so accustomed to ego death that coming back from it feels like something akin to the "why the fuck did I just do that" feeling you get wiping the jizz off your hands and stomach after a really long, anticlimactic fap.

At the end of the day we're still trapped in these physical bodies. We've all got needs and desires, you know? It's not so much about getting validation from society as it is about not wanting to live in total chaos. I've been doing this wandering thing for a long time now. Always the guest, never the host. Always at the lowest rung, always the unskilled person assisting the people who actually know what's going on.. It's not a good feeling. (and it's also not sexy)

Truthfully I've been following the beat of my own drum this entire time. It was working really well for a while but ultimately led me to a bathtub full of my own blood and a phonebook full of people I love and will likely never see again. My drum needs to be reskinned or I'm going to die

I've thought about that, my main hangups about it are that FDNY requires you to turn over your medical records and that it's common for people to be waiting for 5 years to get called. I guess it doesn't hurt to plant the seed.

All that experience, yet you're still grasping at ego and status. Sad.

this

You can play the holier than thou game if you really want to but it's not going to fool anyone who isn't also a deluded blissninny. That you would take time out of your day to call me sad is in of itself ego. The fact that you ate a bunch of mushrooms doesn't make basic human desires beneath you, and you're not "sticking it to the man" by voluntarily not having goals.

You're clearly upset because my observations are accurate and true, but instead of owning up to your own weaknesses, you dig in your heels and cling to them. That's why you can't make any personal progress. It's all ego.

What specifically is your definition of progress? Why is it a weakness to want things out of life?

Self-honesty is a start. Stop being defensive when people criticize you and rightly point out your flaws.

I feel like I am being honest with myself. I've read all the woowoo books and done all the drugs and sat through the meditation courses and all that shit. The honest conclusion I've reached is that it's mostly just a masturbatory waste of time. It's sort of a cliche' when it comes to searching for enlightenment.. the fool who persists in his folly eventually becomes wise, it's all within you from the start etc etc.

I've wasted untold amounts of time and energy trying to stop desiring. If I spent that time instead working towards things I actually wanted, and didn't delude myself into thinking my pseudospiritual bullshit inner quest was more important than maintaining relationships with people I care about I'd still have my happy life and probably a whole lot more.

I don't particularly buy that anybody fully transcends desire. Even zen monks arrange themselves in something of a hierarchy.

Stupid prick, you deserve this life.

Now try to kill yourself again, pussy.

pls no bully

Well since you seem to already have your values sorted out, i.e. working towards things you want, then why waste time trying to convince a stranger on Holla Forums that spiritual quests are a waste of time? Go do what you say you should be doing.

I honestly think you just want some sort of validation and sympathy here, but since you already feel so much self-pity, I have none to offer you. Good luck, user.

I was sort of hoping anons who were once similarly backed into a corner would be able to offer practical advice for moving forward. This thread didn't go exactly as planned; but that's ok, I'm enjoying the conversation

zen monks are basically troles

lol gay

Go must really have a need for you on earth. Keep doing you and work towards your goal everyday.

Families I've seen irl match that description exactly.

waaah im criyin about the sjws

This is working for me.

Note this doesn't work for most human beings on this planet who don't have the luxury of being able to waste their time not trying to survive.

Are you sure you've read all the woowoo books? Because the one I'm reading right now makes it pretty obvious that trying to stop desiring is desire by definition and simply an exercise in futility.
Note that I may as well know nothing so you're free to ignore what I'm saying.

Alan Watts talks about that. The thing is, what's the next step once you stop desiring to stop desiring?

It can only be to live your life like everyone else and focus your attention on other, less futile pursuits. AKA what you were already doing before your mind was hijacked by the new age jew.

Thanks bruv

Right. I'm reading his book right now and my guess is that once you truly experience the futility of that and the surrounding philosophy of zen then you can go through life with a certain 'confidence' that you didn't have before.

It sounds like it must be experienced to really know what it's like, because words are just words in the end. It's one thing to say and another to experience.

Maybe if you're weak of mind and can't take in new and 'foreign' information from a neutral perspective without letting yourself go and missing the mark entirely.

You may be onto something there