Civil War II #8 - It's finally over

I'm just going to give you guys the highlights, because let's face it, none of you actually want to read this shit, do you?

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Civil-War-II/Issue-8?id=99388
unitypressdigital.com/
marsproject.black/
marsproject.black/comic/checking-in-with-callisto-6/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

… Has Bendis become self aware.

Pussy.

Its a shame such good artwork is wasted on this shitty story.

Why is iron man marvel favorite right wing stawman to shit on? He a womanizer, alcoholic atheist. While captain America is a white Christian conversative that loves to make fun of the french for being pussies.

You're more than welcome to read the entire thing yourself, if you want. I'm just sticking to the highlights because it's got a lot of padding.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Civil-War-II/Issue-8?id=99388

Ehhhh it's not the worst but it's lazy in parts.

How so?

Yeah that's Bendis

He's small government type in the first Civil War so I don't know what he was like before that.

Didn't that apply only to the Ultimate Universe version though?

Fuck you, Carol.

And that's the end of it. Ulysses ascended to a higher plane of existence, Iron Man is in a coma, and Obama wants Captain Marvel to run for president. The end.

Yeah, but to the point that a third of the book is taken up by this massive splash panel montage of Ulysses having random future visions?

No, wait, you're right. That's pretty typical for Bendis trying to be big and epic, isn't it?

…And the rest of the montage.

Planned future Marvel events? Or just random bullshit that Bendis thinks the Marvel audience wants to see? You decide, folks!

Is that the kaiju event everyone was talking about? Looks awesome.

Who are the mutants fighting? The Inhumans? Why is Nova there?
So Cap really dies.

So judging by those tripods I take it this is the war of the worlds.

We're going to have to patch work this issue, aren't we?

The only thing good to come out of the final issue was Beast shit talking Carol and making her feel bad.Literally the entire Marvel universe is saying the same thing as us, though. "Oh, it's over? Thank god."

Assuming that's a flash forward to IvX, then Nova might wind up as a guest star.

Of course, if this really is a peek into Marvel's future, then the first image in is proof that everything they've been saying about ResurreXion is bullshit and the mutants are going to get screwed over again.

But on the other hand, the real Thor is getting his hammer back, which will be nice.

A clusterfuck of a storytime for a clusterfuck of an event?

OP missed a page. Now follow for the next two and here are the pages after.

Can't remember the last comic of his I've read that showed him actually doing work, he just kindof dumps everything on the artists without any real context aside from a really shitty script that probably doesn't even have any action descriptions on it.

I'm sure the manuscript for those pages read

Page # 7 MAKE IT COOL
Page # 8 MAKE IT COOL

Glad to see Marvel still won't be worth reading.

See, this is why you storytime the whole thing. If you don't, you miss writing gems like this.

Here are the pages that come after it
Then we go into the visions.>>750058

If you post a Bendis comic without the padding, is there anything left?

It would be extremely sparse

Then we go here for the climax,

Then some talking to Trump. Then we go back to for the finale.

Seriously OP. Just storytime it next time. It's only 35 pages.

So Daredevil is now forming the Defenders to get people hyped up for the tv show?

I really wonder how long Marvel can continue giving away free issues to skew the numbers?

As I've said before, it won't be until June of next year before Marvel can pull the breaks on this shit, so they'll be giving away a lot of comics. I hope the shops are preparing for the worst.

Well, that was fucking stupid.

Who cares?

They're doing well on the symbiote front, both Carnage and Venom are good right now. If they make more comics like Cage! as well they may be set to improve.

If they moved away from event books and interconnecting stories and just focused on miniseries with great art, I think they'd be worth reading.

What a pussy. Guess it explains the delay having to rewrite the whole ending to try and save face when everyone figures out your final twist.

You know when I read the readcomiconline.to comment section I was glad. I'm glad to see people realize the shit Marvel's been pulling over the last few years.

The big climatic final battle is just a random collage of action poses. Where even battle damage is so meaningless that it disappears and reappears between panels.
It's the thanos fight all over again where Carol "just wins" , There's no strategy, no ace in the hole, weak point targeting, new technique, using the enviroment, specialized new gadget, nothing but "Nuh uh that knocks you down now". Tony's armor just conveniently explodes leaving him perfectly intact.

I have a bad feeling about this!

I guess its meant to be adaptable for whoever the new president is. When this comic was first made Obama was the president so I can't say about now.

In order to write good fight scenes you have to like fight scenes, fam. The effeminate bitches who currently write comics don't like fights, they think they're icky.

There were already two tie-ins that spoilered it anyway.
Although it seemes that he was dead.
So I wouldn't be too suprised if they changed it from dead to coma or wahtever.

Hey look, now you have this character who started all this huge event and nooooow
he is gone

I swear to the god I do not believe in as my witness I am going to get into the industry, and I am going to dedicate large swaths of my career to telling these monsters ruining comics to go fuck themselves for sloppy rancid shit like this.

You wont get into anything except a fursuit, you faggot.

I've written something on the scale of fifteen comic scripts this year, four of which are being published by a small press for the market a friend and I started. I've produced almost that many pieces of short fiction since Thanksgiving week, and I just got commissioned for six more. It's a long, hard, unforgiving path and I am working hard at it because I give a fuck.

What have you done lately, asshole?

Is this the equivalent of "My job is testing all new Nintendo video games and I have a wife and two children and I have a PhD and I'm 37 years old!"

I've heard that the secret service no longer likes letting people draw the president in comics, for some reason. If so, the artist had probably originally drawn Obama, and blotting it out to solid black was a way to get it out the door quickly without having to redraw everything.

Good luck with that.

No, because I can actually provide proof, not that it would dissuade anyone from anything.

I work for DC, fam. I can tell by the way you write that you're a pseudo-intellectual dweeb with emotional baggage. No one wants a cry baby working for them.

Meant for

Why do the artists keep drawing Ulysses like he's Asian instead of Hispanic?

Because he's a throwaway character just like this whole event. There's no need to put in any effort.

Put up or shut up.

unitypressdigital.com/
marsproject.black/

Oh so you're the user that posted the mars project here a while back.

I like to keep up on the competition, see what's going on in a big two and get my monthly allotment of cancer.

lol, no, I quite enjoy doing storytimes here along with having a job

Holy shit, I remember this. You're responsible for pic related and you call the Big Two cancer? Christ's sake man. Even Kate Leth's comics are better than this.

Now I feel bad for making fun of you, you're actually retarded.

Well isn't that convenient.

Is that Bato from Ghost in the Shell?

You don't have to believe I work for DC, I don't care if you do. But I will give you some advice, you need to really shape up as a writer and learn how to write dialogue that isn't garbage if you want to get anywhere in this industry. Bendis can get away with it because he's so important now, but newbies can't. And your dialogue is even worse than modern Bendis.

"Don't leave me hanging, bro"
"desu-desu"
"sit-rep"
"weeb"

Do you understand that your characters don't sound like real people, or even convincing fictional people? They sound like 15-year-old autists playing an mmo.

No. He can't. And if you were a real DC insider you should be posting his work as a warning to your co-workers of what not to do, trying to elevate your craft, instead of just swilling around with the "genius" things DC has done lately.

You may not like my dialog, but by comparison to some of the shit I've seen recently it flows and feels natural. Not real or convincing fictional people? Compared to what? Which paragon of artistic integrity would you like to counter with?

And still, I wrote this. It's publicly available. I got nothing to hide. You're a troll who claims authority but either has no proof, or cannot provide proof, but also could not socially countenance that the industry is in a bad way and this disconnect between the readership and the people in production is the cause.

If I assume you're not a liar, then tell me what the hell you people think you're doing because it sure as hell isn't good comics.

WRONG

It's probably some of the most pathetic, immature, and clunky dialogue I've seen in a long time. It's awful.

And I'll say again: what would you counter with? The summation of your argument seems to be to attack me while denouncing the work but the supposed DC insider can't think of a better example. Is that because DC has driven away most of its best writers? Because the industry is in a bad way and you can't pull anything up newer than almost thirty years ago that could clearly be described as good? Or could it be because you're full of shit?

The good news is, not only do I not believe you work for DC, but I also don't have to accept your opinions. I'm proud of my work, and I'm going to keep right on trucking.

What shit have you been reading? Women don't sound the way you write them, mercenaries/assassins don't sound like teenage nerds.

Compared to real people, compared to fictional characters. Go outside and talk to someone, or look up an interview with a soldier or watch a documentary on gang members.

I'm not sure what you're saying, but I'll post some examples of decent dialogue in comics. (You'll notice that different types of people have different ways of speaking, a highschool girl sounds different than a grown man)

Also, defending your work by saying that you think it's good is incredibly unprofessional. When you take criticism, listen. You don't need to hold on to the criticism if it doesn't help you, but you should pay attention to why people don't like your shit.

That's why you're a shit writer. Every previous thing you've done should seem bad to you, it should seem like you can improve on it. Every story should be a chance to grow and develop as a storyteller. If you're proud of your work then you feel that you're already a good writer. If you're already a good writer then you wont feel the need to get better. You're an idiot.

Sauce for this webm? I like the cut of this guys jib.

You're fine with your work, so I'm fine to say that your work is utter shit.

Look, even when it's aliens, characters in stories always based on real life personas because readers are supposed to relate with the character in the story. Hip and trendy women don't sound like that. Merc and Assass usually depicted as trained elite soldier, so they tend to speak more formally or with military lingoes but they also speak like normal person when talking to fellow friends and family. Also +1? It only works for Reddit and Imgur or whatever sites that rely on peer approval.

>At book store a few hours ago for after Christmas sale buying manga and saved over $20

All in all I'd say Marvel died as soon as they were acquired by Disney in the exact same way Bioware died after being acquired by EA.

You delusional autist. There's more than one person that browses this board. Your insane idea that you think your writing is some work of art is absolutely insane. Off yourself. Off yourself right fucking now. You clearly have no desire to learn or grow as a writer. You will only make the market worse with your shit in it's current state.

I might if this was a critique.

"Those who write ill, and they who ne'er durst write, turn critics out of mere revenge and spite." - John Dryden

Yet another thread where the user who pretends to work for DC comes in and pretends he's better than everyone

The critique is your writing is shit and immature. It's not fit for a comic that you're trying to play straight as a serious thing. It's not good at all. It's Deviantart fanfiction tier writing from a 12 year old girl that doesn't have any friends. You cannot seriously look at that and think it's good.

marsproject.black/comic/checking-in-with-callisto-6/

Do you get off on smelling your own farts? The fact that you think you're in any place to judge other writers and their work is incredible.

Do you even understand why people on Holla Forums don't like Bendis? What do you think it is about him that makes him a bad writer? I really do wonder how people like you analyze stories when you are so incapable of viewing your own work objectively or even slightly critically.

So when people like Alan Moore and Cormac McCarthy criticize other people's stories, that's proof that they're bad writers themselves?

Bradley_Warcock on Vine.

Lol, alright.

I wouldn't say as soon as. Really they've been on the decline for years now. Lately it's just gotten worse and worse.

Pretty little lightbulbs?

To be fair, real people are capable of saying some pretty dumb shit. I think the issue people take with that particular page (and perhaps the whole comic) is that the quirkiness serves no purpose and actually takes away from the fact that the talking characters are apparently bodyguards working an event. It's one of the reasons people shit on Whedon (and most of the MCU stuff made in his wake)

Why would the Secret Service be bothered by drawn depictions of the President? If anything, obscuring their face is something of a modern comic cliché.

Yeah, I stand by what I said before about Kate Leth being a better writer than you.

Thanks user.

I was about to say thats what Joss Whedon does then you beat me to it. Damn its annoying when he does that.

Comic (and most written media) usually written to reach maximum number of readers. So putting weird lingoes and unnecessary tech mumbo jumboes going to alienate reader more and narrow the demographic to just a bunch of l33t speaking teens.

I'm not the writer of that comic, it's just bizarre to see made up words when lightbulbs are obsolete and replaced by led strip.

It's getting weirder by the page. That second page he simply throwing in some techie words to make her "super smart" and talking down to the reader. Also school uniform fetish much?

He's a bad writer who can't recognize bad writing but jumped on the Big Two hate wagon because it allows him to believe that the reason he doesn't have a job for either DC or Marvel is because they're absolute garbage and they don't higher geniuses like himself.

I'm 90% certain he has got a bit of the 'tism. What I wonder is how he affords to pay an artist to draw the comic for him.

That had to be the absolute worst event to come out of Marvel, and all it gave us was more "diverse" characters that aren't that diverse in the Marvel universe. What a joke.

For you.

Marvel really doesn't need villains when they have "heroes" like they do.

I mean, seriously, we had multiple super heroes die and a huge fight with massive collateral damage.. because two of them didn't agree over something, then the one that puts the other into a coma gets away scott free aside from some hurt feelings.

Meanwhile, the actual villains in Marvel seem like the good guys with Steve Rogers still acting like the only real hero when he works for fucking Hydra.

The whole thing is just complete madness. Their MU doesn't make any sense and is falling apart a little more by every issue with the only good things, such as their new Carnage run, getting push back from journalists and fans and selling as bad as everything else because they burned the people who would like it.

I just wish Disney wasn't there to keep them on life support for their terrible movies.

I wonder why the artist drew Cap with a disapproving look as Miles holds Caps lifeless body.

He probably knows how shit the arc is

Cap: "Just… just end this quick, I had enough of this shit, lemme die ffs"

After all what she did and she gets rewarded?, I must ask, is that the American way?

What is her reward again? She becomes President?

Oh, man, you don't know the half of it. Or perhaps you do, but most of the anons reading your post probably don't.

Which comic is this and who's the writer?

so how did they reestablish the status quo this time?

Like pottery.

Captain America: Steve Rogers, written by the same man who can't stop racebaiting in the Sam Wilson Cap book.

Its weird to see Spencer actually write well.

If he's got someone around to reign in his cuck tendencies, or if he's writing a character where he can't easily shove his preferred politics in, then he can turn out decent quality work. A villainous Steve Rogers is apparently one of those few characters that he can't cuck out on.

By the way, if anybody wants anything else to complain about, the preview for the next issue of the Doctor Doom Iron Man book shows Bendis finally getting around to explaining why Doom would lower himself to becoming a mere superhero when he could have remained the sovereign ruler of his own nation.

Which cosmic level asshole is that suppose to be in the last panel? A Celestial?

Oh, Hydra Cap, you're the only guy with a level head left in the entire Marvel Universe.

Spencer can be a decent writer, but he's buried under his own retarded ideology. If he could get his head out of his ass for an extended period of time, he might actually be good. Just don't hold your breath, cause I doubt it'll ever happen.

That's Eternity, the embodiment of the entire universe. I love how Ulysses just looks back with a "LATER, FUCKERS!" look, once he realizes he's finally free of all these assholes.

3 pages for Dr. Doom to admit he's having a mid-life crisis.

Bravo, Bendis.

I think 15 year olds wouldn't make the mistake of having the Drow call the fat guy '-chan' instead of '-kun' or '-senpai' so technically this guy is even worse than that.
i don't think i've seen writing that made it more obvious the author has never interacted with people in person in a public place.

And it doesn't make any fucking sense for Doom's character.

He's been God before. He had an Infinity Gauntlet and made his own Universe in his own image, and he "found it beneath him". And even in the context of Doom's Battleworld, he did a really really fucking good job saving dozens of Universes and managing to defeat the most powerful enemies ever faced by the Marvel Universe. And yet we're supposed to believe Victor Von Doom of all people is saying "Well I guess I was being selfish"?

I love Doctor Doom so much. More than probably any other Villain. I grew up reading this guy and to his credit, Doom has been relatively consistent in characterization since a few years after his inception. But Bendis managed to fuck this up. How does he do it. How does he ruin everything he touches?

Dear Lord, and the scary thing is you have to wonder if they are painting this as him being the bad guy here.

Well, alright.

FTFY

The writers may be bad, but don't forget that Marvel's editorial allows them to rape books in the first place.

Nice meme, Bendis

What the heck happened to the post number

One of the most shithouse endings that could be contrived of this filth, and Captain Marvel still didn't get called out once.

Just like the original Civil War

So basically, if everyone had just sat down rather than tried to kill eachother, Stark and Banner would still be alive and absolutely nothing else would have changed?

At least this event is starting to wake normies up to the hack that is Bendis.

I don't know. Carol's line "I Forgive You Tony" implies that she blamed Tony for…something? Bruising her ego? Killing Rhodey? What exactly is she forgiving him for?

Why not both?

no this is better

Did they seriously pull some combination of Poochie's "I must go now, my planet needs me" and Wesley's departure from TNG?

Damn Beast house mugga. Since when is his job to be Marvel's fuck up guy?

It is so sad every year the phrase "This was the worst event" is uttered amd Marvel see this as a challenge to keep upping their shit

That's giving too much praise to Marvel. A new character with even less personality than Poochie was deemed worthy enough to be a God figure of Marvel Universe. Who's power has yet to evolve beyond being precog….

No, but fucking seriously. What the FUCK!? There are other people of far higher value than this fucker but the plot device is now deemed worthy of Godhood? What about that fucker from King Pin who is immune to this God? That guy alone could kill Ulyssus like any other human. So why the fuck is Ulyssus important again? He hasn't even fucking grown beyond plot device, I am honest to god sure the Phoenix Force itself, not possessing other people, has more personality and importance than this fucker.

Who are those women resting on Doom's throne? Don't they realize these are literally women as decoration? This is problematic as fuck
I CAN'T EVEN

Holy shit this is some bad writing.

Welcome to the club.

Perfect reaction image material

at leastit looks good artistically

Devin Lewis is a good guy who actually likes the characters under him.

Marvel has the resources to make amazing comics, they have the name and the money to hire just about anyone, and they choose to hire marxist hipsters and Black Lives Matter activists. It'd be funny if I didn't grow up reading Marvel comics and loving them.

They can't keep getting away with it.

no
No
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-oh I dont give a damn actually

I guess Doom outsources most of his robot army's construction to Japan these days.

But she's got to "kill" the other white male, and he's a secret Hydra agent on top of that so she'll be justified.

I'd actually laugh if they pulled a third civil war out of their asses.

So was Tony "secretly agreeing" with her supposed to justify all of her actions because she was "right" this whole time?
'cuz I'm not buying it.

It's Marvel. They are as koolaid as it gets at this point.

We have heroes abusing their powers and now practically killing those who disagree with them, not giving a flying fuck about collateral damage, and creating a large group of heroes where everyone knows each other and the moment one steps out of line the more powerful ones will pay a visit to their house as a "reminder". It's Kingdom Come without any self awareness and they keep dragging everything through the mud so much that even if the earth was salted at Marvel and the writers began to act like the conservative DC ones, I doubt anything but a straight up reboot could fix Marvel's crazy deviant art fanfic universe.

Honestly they could just pretend the stories didn't happen - there's still some people who would basically forgive them for anything - but they are pretty much stuck with the "talent" they have. And it's not going to get any better for the next half year, if not much much longer.

I think Kingpin killed the guy who was immune to Ulysses because he was taking over his operation.

well fucking put, user.

If they ever did become self aware they could actually have a pretty decent story. Carol would become basically a dictator, but wouldn't accept she could possibly be in the wrong(as we've seen her do with this event), various heroes would join her out of their blind liberal morals or fear for their families or themselves if they stepped out of line, and the handful of heroes and villains who actually realized what the Avengers had become would have to deal with the media painting them as villains, the people in power knowing their identities, and keeping their families safe while at the same time figuring out how to overthrow everything and start from ground zero, as well as how they could start over and if that was even a realistic expectation. Throw some Hydra Cap in the mix having his agenda to uproot them and it would make for an alright story. Maybe not good, but it could be a reset while also addressing the crazy story direction they have taken the characters and universe.

The more interesting subtext would be what makes a hero and at what point does a hero slip into a villain. You could confront some of the heroes that defected with the temptation of killing or letting the villains kill Carol or her lackies and if that makes them better or worse than the opposition. Also have a subtle critique and draw attention to comics practically doing away with the secret identity thing and how dangerous the super hero world is without anonymity.

Knowing Marvel, if this sort of thing ever did happen they would just default it to a generic "fight tha power" sort of story with Carol being cast out by Hydra Cap who would turn the Avengers into a Hydra organization in secret.

Would've added more.

I can't even quote any particular page. This woman caused everything that was wrong and we are supposed to feel sympathy of her?

In what twisted world do these people live?

And faggot OC donutsteel isn't just a peon of a horrible demon but is ascended to be next to Eternity?

This is how the infection spreads all over the Marvel Universe to a terminal estate. Sure, there was gangreen before this, even full leprosy, but this. This is fucking T virus levels of infection and corruption.

Just another very obvious ordinary bland mundane example of why capeshit is for people even beneath the lowest common denominator.

Everything is a spinoff of a tie in of a spinoff of a tie in, with 20 other books the company is shoveling out. Marvel and DC treat comics like McDonalds treats hamburgers. They don't care if the product is even edible, they only care that they're there so that every single person with the worst taste on the planet (aside from anime fans) will gorge themselves on their cheap garbage product. Hastily made, rushed out, no love or attention put in because they know they're not making anything substantive, they're just printing out a presold IP to continue feeding the small scrap of the market they have a stranglehold on. Just paper sludge stamped out and dressed up with condiments to hide the taste so people who are used to not thinking can continue to not need to think, just consume.

Marvel/DC readers are the type of people They Live was making fun of. Just empty consumers, that's all capeshit readers are, and all they have been for decades. In the 80s it was still childish to read capeshit but at least there was slight justification because of the people who were finally discarding the Comics Code Authority and starting to experiment with superheroes and the entire medium on a larger scale. That fell apart fast (when the industry itself literally almost died with the speculator bubble and crash), now all we're left with is "maybe if we're lucky someone will take tiny tiny tiny parts of this and rewrite the everloving shit out of it and turn it into a successful movie."

This isn't even new news or hidden knowledge, it's been obvious for years now, even before this whole "SJWs are invading" meme (welcome to 1996), but Holla Forums acts like they're only just now noticing it.

And you know that no one these days is growing up reading comics. Teenagers don't grow up reading comics today. No, it's a bunch of fucking sad loser 30 and 40 year old fat blob NEET virgins, just as much of a stereotype as comic book nerds have always been, and never for a second even trying to buck that stereotype, because that would take at least some self awareness of your own culture. "I hate it that people instinctively think I behave the way that I actually do behave." If you had any taste you would've moved on, at the very least to non-capeshit comics, not that there's many good examples of those anyway (Saga is one of the best examples of successful non-capeshit today and it's not even that good).

PS you can tell a hopeless capefag because his idea to "save comics" is to come up with their own superhero comic.

Way to be linkara, Holla Forumsucks.

I don't know what to say already that has been already said.

I just go to the only comic store in my city for /tg/ stuff anyway.

That Hawkeye meeting should've ended with knocking on the front door, and Carl answering it only to get a big green fist through her goddamn skull. Though, I guess it would be gray now, it's hard to tell with how Bendis has completely ignored the one character that should've been vital to this entire fucking event.

Don't be ridiculous, that's insulting to McDonalds. They at least cares if their burgers are edible.

I just assumed She Hulk was still in a coma because I hadn't seen any fallout from the murder of Bruce. Jesus christ.

You don't understand Bendis and his genius mind! He made the best and most diverse spiderman and the best Captain Marvel that will finally become Captain Marvelous America!

I'm telling this as a joke, but seeing how memes are working This could easily happen.

There were two pages of Shulkie waking up, and getting progressively angrier as Carl explained "w-well y-your cousin's dead please don't kill me". Even if she doesn't start hulk smashing people for Bruce's death, as a professional CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY, there isn't a single cell in her entire body that could possibly agree with Carl's "guilty without trial" mentality. The justice system, and Jen's entire career relies on innocent until proven guilty in a court of your peers.

AND BY GOD LET'S NOT FORGET ISSUE 0, WHICH STARTS WITH JEN TRYING A CASE WHERE A MINOR VILLAIN IS FALSELY ACCUSED OF A CRIME, THEN MURDERED IN HIS CELL BEFORE THE GOD DAMN VERDICT CAME DOWN

and and and and and AND AND AND AND AND

At this rate I don't know how to react to this, we got someone who actually got a good sense still nailed in her head but the story is already fucked. This is why multicharacter crossover story is not an easy job to do.

It's not the first time Bendis does that by the way, he has learned nothing

Best part, that second image is the last you see of She Hulk until that single panel of this last issue. Bendis didn't need to show her waking up, she just needed to stay in her stupid fucking coma and wait the entire event out, but no, the only superhero with any sense aside from HYDRA CAP is forced to stay out of it because anti-Thanos missiles to the titties.

In charge of the defense department like Tony was after Civil War 1, I wonder who will be the Norman Osborn this time?

they were saying that 20 years ago and yet they still will not die

I knew marvel was shit but now I'm just sad

People keep making fun of the "And….And?…AND?" but it's honestly not really stupid in the context of the scene. Them copy pasting the art really makes the scene dumb though.

We've had a bit of talk on how little She-Hulk has actually done anything in Civil War, but what about after?

Well it turns out she lost the "She-" prefix and got a new job. Stay tuned for a disapointing lack of scarred musclegirls!

Turns out Walters has got a new job because her BFF PATSY WALKER suggested it. Sadly that is the only time our favourite cat-themed millenial will be mentioned this issue. To be honest I'm not really sure what happened to the shit Walters was doing before hand, those people seem to have been replaced by a slightly less diverse crowd of suits.

I think maybe Miss Brown is an Inhuman? I don't know, shits vague. Mr Tick is throwing her out of her house because he's a dick.

Wait, Gray Hulkette dropped a job as district atty for this?

So she's handling Inhuman cases now? Do the Inhumans not house and feed any and all Inhumans that go to their city?

Whoops, messed that up.

Jen turns asian as some weirdo with a terrible name tries to get her to interview her. This causes her to nearly hulk out. Anyway, long story short it turns out that she's pissed about the whole Thanos fight and Hawkeye killing Bruce and is using cooking vids to stop her trashing the place.

Alright the Hulk thing kinda makes sense. That was her cousin and all. But being pissed about Thanos when it was LITERALLY ALL CAROL'S FAULT is ridiculous. I'm just gonna assume she's mad about being put into a coma during the fight but it's still Carol's fault. The cooking video thing is also kinda clever.

Also why does Jen look so young? How old is she canonically?

Miss Brown talks to the creepy voice in her apartment full of plants and rubbish to give us a hook for the next issue and we finish up with a pic of something that probably won't happen in the next issue.

Reminder that there are people out there who still think Carol was right, some saying she was only as bad as Tony was in this event.

I like creepy hunched over plant girl. I'd keep her safe.

That's what Marvel is selling. This is the solicitation for 5th(?) relaunch of a character no one seems to really want.

Carol is somehow the biggest, bestest, most loved superhero in the world event though she damn near killed one of the founding Avengers in front of the Lincoln memorial.

It makes sense in a twisted sense since Marvel civilians are awful, they get someone just as awful. I wonder how things will get worse for Carol, Norman Osborn really messed thing up for him

I meant in our world, somehow real people side with her

So what happened between her a Carol? Was that entire deal just Hawkeye and Thanos? Nothing about Carol acting before the law in trying to use possible future events, nothing?

Fucking Bendis…The entire point of the civil war event is both sides having legitimate points so the readers can decide for themselves which one is right and still debate after the event ends. Even then Carol still proved exactly why her position is wrong. By nearly killing Tony she shown that changing the future doesn't automatically make it better just "different". And sometimes bad events lead to important things like no WW2 means no Captain America.

Watch as the casuals play right into Marvel's hands.

For the first one sure but this one? Tony was right.

I take it this Brevoort guy has never heard of diminishing returns has he?

This alone says everything about how out of touch Marvel is with both its readership and current trends.

But user, think about it: If they piss off their readers forever, then they'll always have a stream of money.

What the fuck. Who was around first, Supergirl, or Miss Marvel?

I thought I hated Tony in the first Civil War. I thought he was written as a retard who went against everything the character originally stood for, but you could at least write up his actions to being overly emotional. Stupid decisions, but contextually understandable.

But holy fucking shit Carol blew Tony out of the water here. None of her actions are excusable even if you stretch your logic to its furthest. She is just making retarded decision after retarded decision, she never even tries to explain herself, and why do they think anyone likes her? Why DO people like her?
Did the rules change while I was gone?

DChad here

I used to wish Marvel would suffer the same loss of quality and artistic value back when the New 52 was in full swing because I was salty at all the drone shitposters ruining half/co/ and pushing the Man of Murder memes.

Now I kind of regret having those feelings because now that I've gotten my wish Marvel is beyond repair and will most likely continue on this path of schlock until the division either closes or withers into irrelevancy.

I wanted bad shit to happen to Marvel, but this is too much.

See kids? This is what happens when you abuse meme magic.

That sounds awesome. Personally, my headcanon is that Carol's new found fame goes to her head since its something she longed desired for and the other heroes try to tell her to snap out of it.

Carol's first appearance was in 1968 but she didn't become a hero, Ms. Marvel, until 1977.

Supergirl, Kara Zor-El, however first appeared in 1959. Her original civilian name was Linda Lee Danvers, given in 1961. Though she didn't get the name Kara Danvers until DC Rebirth.

Simply put while Kara Danvers might be new it isn't exactly "new." Characters, writers, and fans have been calling Supergirl Kara/Danvers since the beginning. The rebirth name change is just finally bringing those together. Though I am loathe to say that Carol's name is meant to be a rip off. It's fishy at the very least.

You're not the only one, man.

I used to wish alot of bad things on Marvel. And now I just feel bad for them. To the point where I actually hope that someone comes by to save them.

I'll always be a DC fan, but jesus Marvel, stop punching yourself.

Considering the power similarities, I am finding it very fishy.

But Carol can do energy projection and absorb energy and redirect it even stronger. Supergirl can't do that.

Well, what do you call the heat vision? It's a form of energy projection

Absorbs solar radiation, which gives her powers. This was especially useful when Superman fought Apollo, who was unfamiliar with the Man of Steel.

Granted, she can't redirect energy.

Yeah but I mean project it through her hands. Still I get the point.

It's just a little too fucky for me.

Does Carol still have her "seventh sense"? Everybody forgets that power. I mean, Rogue never used it once.
It'd be ironic, considering all the bullshit we just went through over precognition.

The main reason that problem keeps cropping up is that Tony was right for the wrong reasons. So Carolcucks can keep pointing to the fact that Tony was doing what he did over Rhodey's death, instead of all the ridiculous shit that Carol was getting up to, and then claim that him being written just as badly as Carol was means that he was morally and ethically just as bad as she was.

Selling based on controversy and outrage is a strategy that generally works really, really well… Right up until it abruptly stops working. Eventually, people do get tired of being angry and just stop giving a shit. It's just that Marvel hadn't reached that point yet when Tom Brevoort made that comment.

It got upgraded into full-on cosmic awareness in Ultimates^2.

And speaking of Ultimates^2, cosmic-level Marvel went through some bullshit in the second issue that might be good for a little rage, if any anons want me to storytime it.

And people say Superman is OP?

So Jen has PTSD and other issues, and it's all Carol's fault. And her only friend that checks on her is a washed up Avenger, because all the actual Avengers are assholes or kids who don't know her. Oh, wait, all the kids quit the Avengers… whatever.

Last time I checked she was in her early 30's I suppose.

I didn't see it mentioned once during the CW2 book or tie ins. So if she still has it, Bendis forgot about it entirely.

Considering how many powersets Carol has had, I wonder what she'll actually be able to do when her movie comes out. If anything is changed for the movie, the comics will just change to suit that version of her anyway (maybe even making a flailing attempt to make her less of a retarded cunt).

I would hope the movie version is based off of the AEMH version. That one seems pretty good.

I'M A WOMAN I DO THINGS AND AM STRONG. OH, I KILL TONY STARK? BLACK PRESIDENT REWARD ME. ME STRONG

It's funny how often these people demonstrate that they have no idea what consequences are.
No, that's not how that fucking works. This would cause things to escalate further. About half the Marvel Universe had a problem with her before and now she just nearly killed one of the world's most well known heroes. This shit doesn't just get brushed off because she put him in a coma instead of killing him. Even worse, she's being rewarded and praised for this shit. They keep praising her successes, but they've only shown her fail at every turn. She's done NOTHING right this entire event. She's gotten a hero killed, one critically injured, and put another in a coma. Yet somehow she's the big hero in this event.

Check your privilege, bigot. She's the best, surely her movie will show that. I can't wait for it to flop

The movies are written by people who aren't complete idiots, and that cuck Perlmutter isn't there to make sure only idiots are in charge. The movie will do fine. Nothing in the stupid current comics MATTERS AT ALL in the movie. Even complete trash fires like the first Civil War was only used as a loose basis for the movie version, since most of the actual comic event was ALMOST as bad as Civil War 2. I wonder if even the comic guys are delusional enough to think their current work matters at all, when the movies are the ones calling the shots. I kinda assumed the complete ruining of Carol lately is just a passive aggressive attack at the movie guys, since no one actually reads the comics anymore.

The Marvel movies are garbage, fam.

Even if you were right, they'd at worst be normal garbage. Which is a level of writing Bendis and friends WISH they could achieve. Seriously, if you can't separate the comics and the movies in your head, you're just an autistic fanboy. All most comic fans, at all, want is to have their characters not be raped every two seconds. The movies accomplish that. The comics? Somehow they manage to rape the characters EVERY second.

To be fair, said cosmic awareness seems to be something she doesn't really have much of a handle on. Mostly she just has the occasional dream about threats to the universe, like pics related.

Every Marvel movie is the exact same movie. They're boring. Going to watch them is like going to watch a football game where you know which team will win before it even starts.

Disliking them has nothing to do with being a fanboy.

It'd be funny if it turns out Ulysses is the one who chained up eternity after he made him a god.

That would actually be fun, so it sadly won't happen.

Why is everyone drawn as japanese?

And wow, for a first issue nothing happens. Boring as fuck, i dont care if it's building into something, if the first issue is boring I don't see why noone would stay

It would be funny if that were the case, but Eternity was actually chained up before Civil War II. Or at least, the greater Eternity that represents the entire multiverse was. It was probably the lesser Eternity that represents 616 that showed up to hand Ulysses his godhood on a silver platter.

This is true, and yet they're still better than everything you like.

You don't dislike the Marvel movies because they're cheap formula entertainment. You dislike them because they're not enough like the comic books. The better they are than your favorite comics, the more you hate them.

You are a Holla Forumsuck.

Well, I kinda like the movies mostly because they resemble more what comic book stories should be, except when John Weyton touch it and make shit with no fucking sense, making Black Widow a whore and then getting angry because people call her a whore.

Also, I can't help but dislike hulk being some sort of indian/generic brown race/whatever. The two former hulks were much better.

Eric Bland-a and Ed Norton playing Ed Norton? Well, whatever, you can have bad taste as long as you don't pretend the Ang Lee Hulk was a good movie or anything too stupid

Also it seems like you're more angry about who's making the movies then how the movies turn out. Who cares? There are a lot of movies made by perfectly wonderful people that are just unwatchable trash, and plenty of movies made by complete assholes that are good. And obsession on the artist instead of the WORK is a huge part of why people can't enjoy anything these days.

I like Ultron but I despite the rest.

Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver were unlikeable, the woman heroes couldn't even get hit, the romance was forced and everything else was stupid.

Also, it lacked Hank Pym.

I don't think anybody likes her.
It's just Bendis forcing her into the good goy role that can do nothing wrong.

What the fuck are you talking about? The Marvel movies are bad movies, that has nothing to do with Marvel comics also being bad. Why would you waste your time watching bad movies when there are good movies like Silence, The Nice Guys, The Witch, etc?

Are you autistic or something?

And created an illegal system to send people to jail based on some teenager visions.

You know, in most stories that would be where the guy being offered to Ascend would go "But i wanna stay with my friends" and give a heartfelt farewell, the fact that Ulysses leaps head first into that shit without even a single thought kinda shows how badly the Inhumans and Carol have been treating him, Especially when remembering that web-mini.

And really, weren't the idea to help him control his power, instead they just threw him in a tower, basically tortured him, kept him isolated and just kept pushing and pushing him to cultivate it to the point it was out of control.

Him "just" dumping them and going home to his homeplanet is them getting off easy, cause the "Pro-Thoughtcrime" definitely threw rocks at their golden goose through this whole "event", and we STILL get that fucking "YOU WERE TOTALLY RIGHT CAROL, EVEN TONY THOUGHT SO" spiel.

Disgusting.

Oh look, it's another exciting episode of

Am I the only one here who think that this Civil War II event is all a set up for another event that pretty much going to point out that Carol made a huge mistake and put all the blame on her?

Someone actually suffering from consequences of their horrible actions? Don't be ridiculous.

You haven't been paying attention to Marvel, have you?

hang on since when was Eternity multiversal?

Since post doom/battleworld.

A man can dream….

But if they do make Carol the guilty person it will be interesting. Every huge events in DC and Marvel always ended up with a male character being the main culprit or the wrong one. So having Carol, a woman, to be in the wrong will be a good step to the right direction. If those SJWs want equality, it means women can be the ultimate villain too right?

And then the Marvel writers sleep in the sofa for a year

I think I see what you mean? They complain that superheroines are under represented and always below their male counterparts right? So what if they took Carol and hyped her up, and i mean all the hype right? So they put her on a big ass pedestal and claim how great she is and then to really drive home how equal they are in Gender and sex they turn it on its head and make her the biggest and hyped up villain.

Something like that?

Yep, pretty much like that.

Okay, I move we petition Holla Forums that, when the Day of the Rope comes, Holla Forums gets first dibs on the Marvel offices.

Why am I looking at Wilson Fisk hitting on two weeb Drow?

I was thinking the president might be generic shadow figure.

Yet if they are so butthurt they can't even draw the actual president of the United States it might even be fuel for meme magic.

It was probably tacked on after the win. They can't actually make Trump a supervill–

OH WAIT, THEY TOTALLY DID BACK IN THE EARLY 90s!

And this is why they shouldn't include real life personalities in comics and why having Obama, Bush or other actual presidents is a bad idea.

I don't know. I'd pay big bucks to read Punisher and Wolverine forcibly removing Barry from the White House.

No way. Not at current Marvel anyway. As interesting and logical as that could be, they'll never let their chosen stronk womyn get her comeuppance. Carol won't event get the Tony Stark post-CW1 treatment where she pops up in every book so someone can beat her up and/or tell her how wrong she is/was. No one will ever blame her for Rhodey's death, She-Hulk coma, or Tony's coma even though those are all a direct result of her or her choices, but plenty of people blamed Tony for Steve's death, which he had nothing to do with. They couldn't even show her looking hurt or defeated on a cover for fear of outrage.

A woman be portrayed as wrong and responsible for her actions?

That's adorable!

I think the writer is Japanese so maybe thats why the people look Japanese.

They had Nixon be the big bad during Gruenwald's Captain America run. I don't know how well that turned out.

"Ooohh, look at me! I'm a computer-based lifeform that acts like a complete fucking idiot! Instead of doing anything clever I deduce that throwing a pile of robots at all my problems will solve everything, even after it repeatedly doesn't!"

What the fuck's wrong with you, user?

Alright, i want to blogpost a little confession.
I'm long time Ms. Marvel fan. From Rogue-incident times, when i first saw her.
But why she is always victim of worst that Marvel has? Whole rape dungeon arc, then alcoholism and сrystal shit, Avengers and Dark Reign. Her personal run was awful, and all next tries were even worse, with third-lobe-cancer shit, and…
Now this.
Seems like i am only person who like her, i even liked her new costume, before everyone started draw her like your typical out-of-prison butch.
I know, no one in marvel can have solid personal run in CURRENT YEAR, but this is just not fair.

As a guy who never follow Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel can someone explain each event? I mean it looks like she went through a lot of shit.

Not that user, but I can fill you in.
Back then she got into a fight with Rogue, who was originally a Brotherhood member, who then absorbed her powers. Because of Carol's altered physiology, the process became permanent for Rogue who retained her powers of flight and superstrenght while Carol became comatose.

She fell in love with some dude who used mind control to impregnate her and then give birth to himself. It was pretty moronic but SJWs like Linkara consider it the lowest point of comics of all time, lower than any Frank Miller comics or any politically incorrect crap.

I don't know much about that but she turned to alcoholism to cope about the rape incident.

She went MIA for a time and when Norman Osborn took over the world after he defeated the Skrull Queen in Secret Invasion, he made the Dark Avengers replacing all heroes with supervillains in disguise, and Carol was replaced by Moonstone, a Thunderbolts member that had some alien stones as superpower and pretended to be her for some time.

Now I don't know what happened after that.

Its also sentient

So that's the event where Rogue got her power. Also she used to be part of Brotherhood of (evil) mutants? That's news to me.

What the fuck? So he just entered her, turned into a baby and then birthed again? What is this, deviantart fetish page?

Well I don't blame her for this one.

I'm surprised that Moonstone is still evil. Back when she's part of Thunderbolt I thought she doubted about being evil when she took down the Crimson Cowl. Of course being a psychologist and also a sociopath probably doesn't help her getting better with time since she keep reasoning everything.

Thanks for the explanation user.

Wasn't he talking about Captain Marvel?

No, he actually raped her. Then she got pregnant, the child grew up to actually be the same guy who raped his mother, then he came back in time and raped her. It's an eternal time loop of perpetual rape.

It was the 90s, man.

I thought that was the 70's or 80's though? It was Avengers annual right?

I liked the effects and the Pinoccio analogy. Ultron's personality could've been salvageable if there was better writing. And Hank Pym was involved.

I felt they didn't show how Ultron was made clear enough. It was all too quick. At least in the AEMH its stated that Ultron's brainwaves are based off of Hank Pym's which gives him that daddy issues aspect.

what the fuck?

Yeah, the 'daddy issues' with him and Iron Man felt very forced.

I just like how Ultron acted in the movie, everything else is weak and sad.

Doom was always a gypsy

They just needed more time to develop it

Somehwere out there someone fapped to that concept.

Death of American comics has been predicted for decades and it never happened, no matter how close it was to actually happening.
Current iteration of comic book market dying would be a good thing in the grand scheme of things. It is a miracle that it is still around at all. Hopefully films will be their last upswing, and then industry finally dies and is slowly rebuilt anew, in image of European and Japanese comic book industries.

Most popular anything is rarely good, as it has to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Titanic is one of the most popular films of all time, Friends one of the most popular TV series, and Harry Potter being one of the most popular book series of all time. None of them are good.

It's because they read manga instead, and European comics if they happen to live outside of North America.