Meet the woman propelling London's AI revolution - 'I can't code'

standard.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/the-female-tech-entrepreneur-thats-propelling-londons-ai-revolution-a3542096.html

These are just the highlights:

>Goldstaub, who is “painfully dyslexic and can’t code” came across AI when she was running a video distribution company called Rightster.

But seriously: this is a woman who can't code and she is pushing for 'ethics boards' and regulations on AIs. What happens then if I want to play around with gneural-network? Will I have to register my hobby with the government because some busybody doesn't like what happened to Tay? Discuss AI, ethics and to what extent this field of computer science is already polluted beyond redemption.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AI_effect
archive.fo/f2Axd
hebrewsurnames.com/GOLDSTAUB
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no surprises there

hmm really makes you think

I don't think it's wrong that she can't code, per se. As long as she has basic knowledge of how it works and relies on people with technical expertise for a lot of the decision-making it can work out. But that's not really the point.

This is not bad in principle. I don't think it means that you'd need a license to play around with gneural-network (and if it turns out it does mean that then I'm against it, obviously). I think it means that when a company uses AI to make important decisions they need to be able to justify those decisions with more than just "that's what the AI told us :DDD", and needs to be careful with the way they train it. Otherwise you run the risk of having rules that would be illegal when applied manually legally being used in some automated black box.

Makes sense.

I do. It's like watching politicians who don't know the difference between the internet and the web trying to regulate them - it doesn't end well. We have precedents of such stupid regulations: cryptography software is subject to export bans. It's illegal to share DVD or Blu-ray encryption keys or break DRM. I don't want that - or even worse - to happen to AI and neural net software.

tbh, I don't know, and neither does Goldstaub, probably. She uses such vague words and phrases (e.g. 'demystify this space') that she sounds like she has no clue what she's harping on about. If AI has to be subject to audit by the state, it's not too great a stretch to imagine AIs being registered, like drones currently are. Which is exactly why I'm worried about the fact that she cannot and does not program herself. She doesn't know what it's like to tinker with software, so she is much less likely to take that into account. Goldstaub doesn't care if I can't hack on gneural-network. It doesn't come into her calculations.

But I have to admit that the transparency thing might be a good idea. It would just be so easy to morph that into crushing regulations, whereby you need a team of lawyers just to have a neural net as part of your website's backend. The fact that Goldstaub has no experience of programming or running something like that compounds that fear.

As long as the decision-makers are humble enough to listen to people who do have the necessary expertise it can work out. It's not always feasible for the people who end up making the decisions to have that kind of knowledge about the relevant field, especially in politics. She seems pretty humble about her abilities, with the whole "until the bots take over" thing. Could just be signaling, who knows.
Cryptography export regulation and DRM aren't necessarily the result of incompetent people making the decisions, though.
The cryptography regulation was advocated by the NSA, who knew the field much better than anyone else in the world at the time, and it was instated at a time when it could still be mostly enforced. It got less reasonable on a technological level over time as the internet took over, but that was after the decision had been made.
Laws against breaking DRM are adequately explained by lobbying, without involving inexpertness at all.

2017 being
nigger you don't know shit. get on my level

lmao that sounds a lot like a computer

Really? That's obviously why she became head of a company pushing for AI regulation when she has never touched one and does not know how they work. Very humble.

...and put into law by people who were easily convinced that encryption should be lumped in along with the international arms trade. But perhaps a better example would be the current political debate around encryption backdoors. There are serious proposals in the UK, very likely to be put into law, for 'government-only' backdoors in things like encrypted Whatsapp. Being surrounded by people who don't know what they're on about keeps this obviously impossible proposal alive.

Another way to put it is this: if you had to choose a person to testify before a parliament or House committee (whether about encryption or AI), would you choose the person who deeply understands the technology, or would you choose a Goldstaub? Someone who wrote the program, or someone who has no understanding past 'bots r sexist!!!'?

You don't own nothing goyim!

Disgusting.

Daily reminder that computer science is not a degree in programming. I don't care about your lack of programming skills if you call yourself a trained computer scientist. However if you call yourself a computer scientist, I expect you to be able to discuss the theory behind the algorithms that I expect you to comprehend.

As long as she has expertise in an adjacent fields which include or apply machine learning such as mathematics, finance, statistics, linguistics, computational neuroscience...

And has she got such qualifications? No, this woman is swindling, illiterate chav.

go back to reddit/voat/twitter/slashrectum/soylentnews/somethingafuldotjew CIA nigger

Dyslexics tend to have a very 'wide' view of things. Big picture people in other words, who aren't that great at focusing on the details. In relation to autism, other than both groups having higher than averege IQs vs the nurologically typical population, they're almost like the opposite of eachother in some ways.

Pretty easy when you have none.

Honestly, how can there be so many people stupid enough to fall for this SJW faggot shit that if you talk soft and sweetly you're automatically a good and virtuous person.
There are courses and coaches teaching people to act the way that looks good for the camera, while they rape your babies with knives on your back, and all these cunts just look and say

You deserve the oven these people you trust will put you into!

Fuck these non-coders. They can go non-code into pure maths, if that's what they want. Stay the fuck away from computers. What we need are engineers who can actually code well, not these theoretical doofuses who think they can just abstract everything conveniently. That's how you end up with the dogshit cianigger modern computing.

Of course, most engineers these days seem to be the lazy, cuck license loving variety.

Software engineer is not engineer, it's just some stupid title Microsoft started to hand out. EE is real engineer.

I think the main difficulty is that the modern computer is silicon based. Silicon is an inorganic crystalline substance, and not sympathetic to life. Further, we program it to do evil shit like make the most $MONEY$.
Once we have carbon-based molecule computers made with graphene, then we can better program ethics.
tl;dr SSI wants to kill ECCO

The power of the chosen ones.
In all seriousness though, all women look like shit once they reached the age of 30, for most it's even earlier.

You're going back to the reeducation camp.

It would also explain the point of the thread. Dumb whores like to have silicon around them.

Too bad this bitch chose to have it in a way that's not even useful.

Please spoiler NSFW files.

It sounds like she's a lot more interested in the politics of bringing more females into coding than the actual coding.

She's nothing more than an "ideasgurl" or a political evangelist using AI and popular current events to gain popularity.

And look, she's doing it. Would you start talking about how great someone is for cooking if they can't cook?

I can't believe I'm reading this in 2017 bigot.
Seriously, you'd think people would know better than to put an idea guy in charge because it has a vagina.

But those aren't even boobs. Displaying huge sacks full of plastic is not nudity

This isn't even a concern. AI is still science fiction. Everybody telling you otherwise is a scheming kike. I expect them to use it as a blunt weapon for all sorts of civil-rights expansions decades before actual AI is a real thing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AI_effect

More than 9000 hours in Krita

Oh gee, a wikipedia article saying that programs giving predictable outputs based on inputs is actually, indeed, possibly, maybe, real AI

AI isn't about code, it's pure math.

t. faggot who outsources to pajeets

You are part of the problem.

Now add this text.

Another jew pulling a sarkeesian:
-You need an expert to guide you, you need a moral compass, trust me, i identify as a compass.
-No we don't
-You wouldn't want to be called sexist aren't you? Here a few people you HAVE to hire...

This parasitic madness as to stop.

There's literally nothing wrong with women in the tech industry, or Jews.

But there is literally everything wrong with people who have no experience in tech industry telling tech industry how it should do things.

i sure hope this is some next level bait

Exactly, stop scrutinizing this person's abilities just because she's a womyn. If you criticize her, you are part of the problem plaguing the tech industry right now.

>JEWESS PROPELLING LONDON ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE REVOLUTION can't code
memes

and i can't make text bold instead of spoiler stylized correctly in a imageboard.

I was diagnosed with dyslexia and i can code. This person makes me angry.

let me take the b8
implying there is not a large amount of university students

I really hope she isn't using dyslexia as an excuse as to why she is shit at programming. If anything it kind of helps.

further proof that current AI trends in the industry is pure meme, just like current software truends. other than that this is just politics bullshit. it's nothing new for the state to make up rules about what you're about to do/read/say to solve imaginary problems

Some blind people code, she is only mentioning it in passing I believe. Your point?

Is that why she mentions that she's dyslexic literally a few words away in the same sentence from where she mentions she can't code? I'm pretty sure she's using her dyslexia as an excuse for incompetence and/or a lack of interest in actual technology.

Were Jews at some point naming themselves after gold, or did gold get named after some ultra jew?

I recommend you check out this thread.

That's what I figured. Ask yourself: What's the revenue model for this company "propelling" the "AI revolution"?
archive.fo/f2Axd
It's a company that claims to help gather news from the world of AI research and put it into plain English, but it is obvious that it was created to gatekeep information. I've seen it a million times.
Step one is to expand their platform. Once they're relevant and useful to businesses, step two is to cut off any researcher who doesn't share their worldview. If they can do that and remain relevant, step three is to demand tribute from the companies they work with. If you're not with them, fiscally speaking, you're against them.

Expect to see Goldstaub and CognitionX appear whenever any "respected" (i.e. social justice kosher) tech website has a story about AI. That will be the sign that they are for real.

They named themselves after their professions, which for legal reasons limited them to mainly banking and jewelry. (?)

Wouldn't an AI developed by a non-signatory state crush these pozzed AIs?

no bully for the dyslexic part.
I had to fix a bunch of wrong words and spaces in this phrase and I'm alright

(((Goldstaub)))

every fucking time

hebrewsurnames.com/GOLDSTAUB

lol

Perfect.

Dyslexia, just like asperger and ADD, is a meme. It's an excuse for wealthy parents to use when their children are performing bad at school.

where do you think you are faggot

And what are you doing to help men get into IT, stinky cunt bitch?

she looks lige moldylocks british cousin tbh

Your post is a meme.

My grossvatter has the highest level of dyslexia there is and he was one the research and development hardware and software managers for bell labs when unix came out.

Just another example of how useless women are, tisk tisk...

I have dyslexia and asperger's, words melt and blend together like a hallucination, my IQ is over 140, I can understand how these labels can be used to make parents feel better about their retard spawn but for me I really do have issues that make my life difficult. I am so intelligent that it cripples me socially through on the fly over analysis.

Holy shit, user, are you me ?

muhsoggyknees This is why more women aren't in tech. Men using sexist mansplaining but trying to disguise them as facts. I am very triggered right now, I shall post a 4500 word essay on my blog.

Good for you user.

Yes. You did read the Tory election manifesto didn't you britbong?

He's not retarded enough to take LSD. He's already socially crippled as he is.

lmao Britistan will be 3rd world by 2100

more like 2020

She looks like she just caught a child in one of her traps.

Cool off with the homo/pedo fantasies, user

I just fucking want to punch those guys until their face is unrecognizable so fucking much

Too eat, dude, just to eat.

Pedo's have made catching children for dinner so much more awkward than it used to be.

I think that's already happened.

Tay did not learn anything at all. The 'offensive' tweets were the result of the 'repeat after me' function it had. People were tweeting at Tay like: "@Tay repeat after me, ...". This entire story about an AI being trained to be offensive was sensational lies.

THE COLLECTIVE WILL SUFFER FOR ENDCHAN'S SINS

The "repeat after me" function is a form of training. Tay took in that data and it became a part of Tay's database.

actually, Tay just read the Encyclopedia Britannica twice and came to the conclusion that racism works every time

this whole person is shit, filters can't fix it

Isn't it a bit of a stretch to call Tay and the likes AIs?
They're just neural networks looking for patterns to replicate, there isn't even any cognition yet.

It's morenthan a bit of a stretch, it's full blown retarded. It looks like they didn't even consider the question, just thought what they had was convincing enough for normalfags to believe it was AI, so the scheckels would flow.

When this shit started, people who were total jerkoffs mentioned it was bullshit but it went of anyway, and now it's stuck and seems like nothing can be done about it.

Like everything in the current year, it's just a lie. You pass for something else for a given period of time, people get tired of discussing with autism and just let it go. And any sense of meaning to things just go to shit.

A chatbot like Tay and Cleverbot are considered AI in the AI research community. Prove me wrong.