Why do people want lots of money?

Why do people want lots of money?

Other urls found in this thread:

inc.com/kimberly-weisul/how-money-addiction-can-happen-to-anyone.html
dubtrack.fm/join/leftypol-comrades
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The capitalist system makes like a lot easier and more luxurious if you have money.

You don't want lots of money?

Because to have enough is simply not adequate. I need to have more. More than the next guy for sure. It sustains me. I get a sick sense of satisfaction knowing I make more in a week than an African makes in a year. It legitimately feels good.

No, not a ridiculous sum of money.

Well I want lots of money because:

1. I want my ex-girlfriend to regret dumping me
2. I want to stick it to all the people who thought I was a loser and would never achieve anything
3. I want to buy lots of cool shit
4. Sex is a lot easier when you have money
5. I want to give advice and I think people listen to you more when you're loaded
6. I want to be able to actually pay all the artists I like for the stuff I consume instead of pirating it
7. I don't want to work
8. I want respect
9. If there is a global crisis I might want to go full Parvus and literally finance revolutionary organizations, publications, etc.

But that's just me.

Honest to God if I had a lot of money I'd just spend all my day reading with a few breaks for blowjobs

Ideology.

/thread.

I'd either like a large amount of $$ to pay medical bills, or have people with a lot of money paying my medical bills, or live in a commune where I don't have to give as many shits about this sort of thing.

Some people reject taxation and communes, so they just opt to get rich.

Bills are a bitch.

You don't know that until you gain that much wealth and the situation you are in by then doesn't change you.

People who make lots of money are pressured to make even more money. There's the social pressure that regards greater wealth with greater prestige and respectability, pressure from peers, pressure from investors, so on and so forth. There's a whole ideological system in place that does all it can to ensure that the managers of capital are wholly dedicated to its reproduction.

People want what money can buy, and thus desire money to facilitate gaining those things. This is very normal and perfectly healthy.

When someone wants money for the money itself, just to hoard or show off, they have fetishised money. This is a symptom of capitalism.

Pretty sure some addiction is kicking in at some point. Is there any study about that?

nvm found something myself.

inc.com/kimberly-weisul/how-money-addiction-can-happen-to-anyone.html

I've yet to found the original works mentionned in the article tough…

this

Money can be exchanged for goods and services.

people are programmed from birth to believe that money is the most important thing in the world and that the end goal in goal in life is too have as much money as possible

you could post here – a meaningless thread – or also join our music sharing boogalooza: dubtrack.fm/join/leftypol-comrades

I would like to have the opportunity to do things that I cannot currently. Many of the things I am interested in require money in some form - even to get into a trade as a hobby would require funds for tools.

lots like thousands?
security of food shelter and against emergency

lots like millions? most just want it because of a sickness of greed

Fetishization.

this

I'd have to disagree.

The only reason people want more of any currency is so they can be more comfortable. Believe it or not, people in the US care a lot less about money than people from less affluent countries; money matters a lot more when there's less of it to go around.

This is simply human nature. The problem occurs when select individuals hoard enough money that they spend it on utterly frivolous things and trample upon everyone below them. They'll be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.

People have a general tendency to hoard what is considered rare and valuable. In primitive times this made sense, because the only things that would have actual value would be useful things like food or tools. Having a huge stockpile of food in case the harvest fails or tools which needed regular replacing and specialized knowledge until after the bronze age.

But now this tendency toward hoarding has been manipulated via commodity fetishism to extend to money which in itself is both useless and limitless. With so many things to exchange money for, in the mind that's translated to having access to so many more things, in effect creating this false sense of value that gratifies having money itself.

I want all that shit man!