Me and my roommate thought we'd watch the Batman/Superman/Justice League animated series, but I've heard that...

Me and my roommate thought we'd watch the Batman/Superman/Justice League animated series, but I've heard that, at least in Batman, there are some subpar episodes that could be skipped.

So the question is simple, what is actually good and should be watched in Batman the Animated Series? Same for Superman and Justice League as well, I guess, if there's anything that should be skipped, there.

Other urls found in this thread:

graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt0103359
graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt0115378
graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt0275137
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Defiantly anything with the Joker, that one episode with Clay face, and if your going to watch new Adventures, watch the other Clay Face episode with the girl.

Just watch em all and make your own decision. If you don't believe reviewers why you should believe us strangers? Stop being a cuck and make your own decision.

graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt0103359
graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt0115378
graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt0275137

Yeah IMBD is shit, whatever. In any case I don't remember any of the episodes being legitimately unwatchable.

Ideally, anons have no reason to lie, fag, while reviewers do, for shekels. That's like the whole point of anonymity on imageboards.

But anons tend to have their own preferences based on their own opinion. For some the baby girl episode was annoying while other understand the baby girl suffering.

Ive watched BTAS and STAS, and none of the episodes were ever so bad that I regretted watching them. Even episodes like "Ive got batman in my basement" are worth watching just to understand why they are so looked down upon compared to other episodes. That being said, I never really liked the Toymaker episodes of STAS; they always felt a bit too out of place for me.

This.

I really never understand requests like this. If you want to watch a series, why would you want to skip episodes? How are you going to appreciate something if you don't take it in it's entirety?

This

It's not like Star Trek TNG

The WORST EPISODE EVER of BTAS is Batman in my Basement and it's not even that bad

Full disclosure tho, last time I rewatched JL/JLU I skipped the entire first season, it's the worst of the whole DCAU imo but it's still not *that* bad

Brave and the Bold was too good for this world

Bleh, I bet it was hated when it came out the first time for being too lighthearted. Now all we can do is regret.

It was

Why

Some people really care about the general opinion.

Bah

None of the episodes are so bad that you should skip them.

Why? There were some good episodes there. In Blackest Night, The Brave and the Bold, Legends, A Knight in Shadows, Injustice For All, The Savage Time

This 'Justice League's first season was the worst of the DCAU' meme needs to die. It's a bit ropey and Old Superman is horrible to look at but it's still pretty good, and it only gets better from there.

Really, by watching the less-great episodes, you get to truly see how amazing the other ones are. :^)

I didn't find the first season bad in any way, and have never heard that said.

That being said, if there's spots that let down the DCAU, it'd have to be Statik, Zeta or Beyond.
The first two were just kinda plain compared to the others, and didn't get the vibe right.

As for the spoilered one, before I get a million anons hating me, it's my favourite of the DCAU, but I feel it's just a bit silly in it's plotlines.
For example, half of the rogues are just kids from Terry's school/somehow related to Terry's school and he beats them up with knowledge only Terry would have, not Batman.
Also, Max is a pain in the arse for the 3rd season and makes me want to hurt myself.

brave and the bold is arguably the best batman series
although it's hard to find a batman series that's bad
even the worst ones are still enjoyable

Aquaman is too manly for this world.

Even Beware the Batman?

Even the 1940's serial? Beware the Batman? All the terrible Batman movies over the years?

I've heard it here and the reasoning is that those other two shows you named, Static and Zeta, don't count because Bruce Timm had nothing to do with them. Static wasn't even originally meant to be DCAU.

I kind of liked Beware the Batman, although I can agree on most of the criticism people have for it.

I also thought Beyond was bad

Leave
I actually liked some aspects of it, like Batman going fucking nuts when Alfred left, and him assembling a ragtag crew (including not-evil manbat). It's a shame the animation was so bad and most of the episodes sucked

Yeah, I agree. I liked the ideas they had, but the execution was mostly shit. Shame, too, but at least now we have JLA.

No that one is dull and awful.

I can see asking for a skip list if the show is giant and has a ton of filler, since filler generally adds little to show and are heavily constrained on the writing team since they have to write a whole episode where nothing of consequence happens.
More of a problem with very long running shows, like anime adaptations of a manga. Like One Piece that has 769 episodes (Jesus), and 12.5% of that is pointless filler.
Or the show just has fairly subpar episodes at the start, Star Trek DS9 turned a lot of people off with the first few seasons having a lot of dumb episodes. But got really good once the actual plot episodes started.
Basically if the show is gonna be a huge investment of time, might as well cut off the fat and get to the good part.

watch all of Justice League and JLU. Find a list of exceptional episodes of B:TAS to watch, no idea about Superman. Also Mask of the Phantasm.

Just watch New Adeventures. The rest of BTAS is dreary and sleep-inducing. but other series like Superman and Justice League are A-Okay.

Nothing wrong with asking for a second opinion. Besides, if he hadn't asked, he wouldn't know BTAS is mostly boring, save for NA.

I'd say BTBATB was perfect in every regard, especially in that it realized when to end, since the plots were getting kinda stupid near the end.

Which one's worse? Not counting Static or Zeta. I did go back and re-watch Legends, which I thought was the best of the lot, and while it's a great story, the action is stiff and slow-paced and a bunch of the episode just seems to be there to eat up time. (Also notable that GL apparently had the means to get them all home for most of the episode but didn't think about it until the last five minutes).

tbh even though there were a lot of good episodes I don't think they really hit their stride and knocked one out of the park until Starcrossed. Even great episodes like Tabula Rasa and Better World have some conspicuously dumb bits.

In fairness a good half or so of B:TAS rogue's gallery has some kind of connection to Bruce Wayne and he uses his personal knowledge as BW all the time. Although being a billionaire industrialist with massive influence and connections that does make a little more sense for him.

Usually when people complain about BB it's because something about the concept rubs them the wrong way. The writing, acting etc were all solid.

Such as?

Did you watch it yet?

Not yet, my roommate isn't so keen on watching all of Batman so considering just watching that on my own and then Superman and Justice League together with him.

Which tbh is kind of weird because typically I'm the Superman fan and he's the Batman fan.

Did you watch it now?