User Agent Harassment

Why the fuck is this shit allowed?
pic related, those dirty fucking nigger lovers are a prime example

Other urls found in this thread:

allura.apache.org/
fossil-scm.org/
toastytech.com/good/badsitelist.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Woah, I thought we had equality? What's next, choosing not to serve certain races?

It's been a problem for somewhere around two decades, user.

But has it ever purposely broken the site's core functions just to get you to install the botnet?

because sites use the user agent to determine what to polyfill, you LARPing CIA nigger.

no wonder you're retarded

A few very popular browsers and web developers only caring about them. Even when I'm browsing with a fork, some of the web pages come out completely broken looking.

A simple image button won't work on an older browser?

I get what you're saying. this is still a shit thread
I only had to tear out my soul to get the fucking thing to work.

;^)

This is what happens when you chase away all the real programmers with a witch hunt. They probably have one "expert" using nodejs for thier website. He sniffs the user agents to ensure his shitty JavaScript doesn't break.

You shouldn't be so entitlted OP. Stop begin paranoid and just install jewgle chrome. It's the current year after all.

Every day I get more and more tempted to just install elinks or something and be done with it.

It's better that way. I use Lynx and Links most of the time. Only need Firefox for a couple bank websites. But over the course of next couple years I'm going to wean myself from those too. I have to do a bunch of admin paperwork to consolidate some accounts first, and that's a PITA so I've been putting it off. Just have to do it and get it over with.

better to find an rss client and fetching everything over tor

Stop changing your user agent. Just disappear in the masses, faggot.

Not OP, but fuck you.
Plenty of websites with slow, bloated interfaces have the decency to fall back to a lighter, snappier version if you change your UA to an ancient browser, with Outlook's webmail being one of the most conspicuous examples.

It's their website, they can do what they want

That's not how proprietary technologies work. Being incompatible is not the same as purposely breaking technology.

bitbucket is superior in every way except popularity amongst hipsters.

Fuck you.

How else am I supposed to get my obscure distribution?

chrome os? can you even run software on that? inb4 it's mutilated piece of shit linux distro

:'(

Got same issue with a shopping site, i was browsing the web in my opera, then suddenly my browser is outdated. I wonder is this some famous framework, or just a retarded dev. Just switched useragent to chrome 99.99, and had no complaints.

Everything works with Tor Browser.
Some graph functions doesn't work without .

Also stop complaining about free stuff. How hard it is to install and host your own Apache Allura allura.apache.org/ or Fossil SCM fossil-scm.org/ site?!

Also stop complaining about free stuff. How hard it is to install and host your own Apache Allura allura.apache.org/ or Fossil SCM fossil-scm.org/ site?!

All right, all right, we get it, tor browser works.

Except Holla Forums apparently.

Use links -g from a ttyl terminal and get gud faggot.

Web-""""development""" is 100% handled by Pajeet streetshitter monkeys nowadays. What did you expect?

There were a few back during the Netscape vs MSIE browser wars. Some did it by choice, some did it by using Microsoft Frontpage which designed the webpage using non-standard HTML which would appear broken in a non-MSIE browser. ToastyTech, an e-celeb of the time, made a long list of these websites (most of them now an example of web-rot)

toastytech.com/good/badsitelist.html