China’s Millionaire Migration

youtube.com/watch?v=IZs2i3Bpxx4

Over 100,000 Chinese millionaires have moved to Vancouver, sparking everything from a reality show to a property boom making housing unaffordable. Dateline asks if the millionaire migrants are a blessing or curse.

See? That's why chairman Mao forced the bourgeosie to work in the field.

Not even the Chinese want to live in their smoggy, polluted hellhole.

No they are leaving because they have no intention on being in China when the current regime loses the mandate of heaven.

i know that feel, here it's just rich faggots from the city buying up housing in the countryside. every time i see a car plate with city number i feel a rising urge to set it on fire. fucking capitalists!

few years ago i heard about new maoist student movement on the rise, maybe there's a connection and they just try to leave before getting purged

That would be good if you owned a house there, since it would increase the value. Something similar is happening in my parents neighborhood.

Rich people aren't the problem unless they control the means of production of national industry and exploit their workers in demonstrable ways.

There will always be rich people since different people have different motivations to make money and different aptitudes.

Harboring resentment towards rich people is a problem. Being rich is not a problem.

The fact that a city has a real estate boom is good for some, but bad for others. The more affluent are attracted to it, the less will have to move away as the cost of living increases.

When we think 'rich people' we very rarely think of that affluent barely-millionaire that worked his ass off to get where he is, what we picture is a sociopath that gambles on Wall Street and gets bailed out with out tax money when he loses.

The revolution can't come soon enough

Wow you're an absolute classcuck. Leave Holla Forums right now. "barely-millionaire"? Fucking really, retard?

Sorry, fam, but the lower end of the bourgeoisie are even worse than the big players in terms of reactionary and neoliberal ideology.

This is terrible. This isn't even gentrification. They mention this average Canadian woman whose daughter is a doctor and married to another doctor and even they are pushed out of Vancouver. It's becoming unaffordable even to the gentry, we need a new term for that.

Funny how it's Saudi/Chinese/Russian/whatever immigrants like these who do way more damage to the west while raping their own countries than any unskilled worker, yet pol and the like doesn't say shit about them.

what does that have to do with what i just said you pol clown

petit-bourgeois detected

If you could source this, it'd be great.

9gag pls

100,000? There's no way that figure can be true.

I'm in Vancouver can confirm.
They've driven up the housing prices to where it's insane( not "they" but our gov allowing his to happen)

Most people my age (18) aren't going live here when they're older cause they can't afford it, and they grew up here.

Thats fucking awful. Cities need rent controls now.

Our Gov( The BC Liberals) don't care about the people, only making it easier for corporations to operate out of ere.
The town is full of porky so people don't really care. They've been slashing teachers funding and ruining BC for the past decade.

They're so conservative the Liberal party of Canada forced them to change their name to "BC Liberals" because they were so far from party platform.

It's the free market, if you don't like it go live in a box :^)

What's the left-wing scene like in Vancouver? What have people been trying to do organization wise?

hmmm
:(

I mean at least there's still some in NYC and San Fran and other gentrifying domains of porkyville

But if there's none I guess the situation is really just fucked :/

This is past gentrification when people making 80k a year can't buy a house

oligarchification

kek