Greedy food companies

I open a bag of chips and it’s not even halfway full, it’s like a third or a fourth way full. This is fucking retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agricultural_Adjustment_Act
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah

Cause they're trying to prevent you from getting fat.

I hate when I find chips in my bag of flavoured air.

the bags are only half full because the other half is filled with nitrogen to inflate the bag and keep the chips from breaking.

Would you rather have a bag full of crumbs but twice as much?

That actually doesn's sound bad user.

Buy Pringles

Not my problem. I don't buy dip. anti-sage

how do you counteract the salt then?

I drink beer.

HOLY Shit user! this is genius.

Check ingredients,dates,condition of food.

Dont trust companies or stores to be honest.

Be like immigrants triple checking the quality of food and bartering with people.

Buy real food if threre is a way to rip you off the big boys will do it.

Many food packages have been gradually shrinking, but there's more to it than corporate greed.

They're trying to wean people off eating in excess because of the obesity epidemic. Also, we have reached peak food, e.g., the population has outstripped production/distribution capacity. The planet is running out of resources for all these people, and one way to mitigate that is by discouraging gluttony.

Another thing you'll notice is that all the new model SUVs are a lot smaller than their 2000s counterparts. At first I thought they were all "crossover" models (cross between a wagon and SUV), but no, they're all being made like that now. They had to take SUV drivers down a notch because they were using like twice the materials to manufacture an SUV versus a sedan, not to mention the fuel economy disparity.

Absolutely not. Companies are literally subsidize by the government to throw away food, obesity related deaths are more common than starvation related ones, and there's plenty of land that can viably be turned into farmland. Overpopulation is a myth and will continue to be for several generations.
"ie." would have been more correct there.
e.g. = "for example"
ie. = "to elaborate further"

I have a ph.d in Literanomics, so have been asked to come to this thread to provide an analysis of my findings - and I can confirm that the word 'literally' has been used in an inappropriate manner in this thread.

You study homosexuality?

No, I literally mean literally.
It's a throwback from FDR's new deal.

You understand the whole supply/demand thing, right? Well we produce food in such great quantity that food prices should be a fraction of what they are. But if we let prices get that low, food production would be a less profitable field so less food would be produced later on. To counter this, FDR subsidized farmers to dispose of food product.
Yes, this was during the great depression, when people were starving. Yes, even more people starved because of this. Guards were even stationed beside the rivers this food was being dumped down to shoot anyone who attempted to take it. Now the food is simply burned I believe.

Yes. FDR was a shit president. Anyone who praises him is a moron who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Nice pasta, user.
Try adding more salt before you add the water next time OK?

So you're saying i should call him a retarded faggot?

Oh wow.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agricultural_Adjustment_Act
Never read about this.
But it kinda makes sense. I work in automation, making robots.
I've had some discussions with co-workers about this. We produce more and more everyday but the demand for it isn't increasing that much. So why aren't prices plummeting?
I'm reading this wiki article and I'm starting to think something similar must be happening in other fields.

One example is CPUs. All their i3-i7 chips are made on the same line. The ones which work perfectly are sold as i7, while ones with faults in some of the cores get sold as i3 or i5. Modern production processes have reduced the fault rate so much that they aren't producing enough faulty chips to meet the demand for lower priced processors. Rather than lowering the price of the i7 chips, they intentionally damage some of them and sell them as i3 and i5.