Are memes dead?

And if so, what comes next?

my dick in your gay ass

spread your cheeks and lube real fast

that rhymed nigga

Growing up

See above

Move picture a little to the left and you can land the birthday hat on the giant bean guy

they will just become more local and site-specific. we have a pretty universal language that is interchangeable on all sites- for now, but i dream of a dark future.

once jim and that asian fuck who bought 4chan finally sell all our info we will be forced to move in the face of the revelation. with no real consensus on where to migrate, we will split into many communities and fall into seperate cultures.

an endnigger, 32faggot or a SOREbottem would be unable to communicate between the sites with memes at this point.

this is what comes next (vid related) the selling out of memes by normies for normies

slimekikey and realcoonman killed Holla Forums

I always hated memes tbh.

why do you hate memes and what do you like insteads

fucking asses comes next

only pedos don't like tight man ass

After post memes come post-memes

shoutout to simpleflips

also poners

oh no not you

"NEVER!" _t. Sage

As long as the magicians exist, memes cannot die.

They're boring. Simple. One line of text and one image. Nothing of importance conveyed. Will we look back one day at our 10k+ collection of captioned images and think to ourselves what profound literature we have amassed, or will we weep in despair?

fuck that pic gave me of idea of this new meme genre where you fuck up all these actual memes or other any normal pictures and make it more "surreal". It's a shitpost in an art level and normies might not steal this one. Can Iget some surreal picasso ass shit like that

meep meep not the self-sustaining ones tbh

memes are not dead tbh

Do it user.

That's an image macro/facebook meme. Or a twitter shitpost.
As a group, "facebook memes" is a meme, and those individual variations of memes are colloquially referred to as individual memes, but they all follow the format of a "facebook meme": a facebook caption, usually beginning describing a relatable scenario, and then an image underneath it to convey emotion.
While they may be considered "memes" by some people, they as a group are not a superset of class "memes", but are instead a subset of memes. Gondola would not fit your description of a meme, and not all of what some may call "normie memes", fir your description, like dabbing for example.

The problem with facebook memes is that while they might get spread around many times, each individual facebook meme in itself is only ever visited once and then forgotten about. They hardly persist as an idea as other memes do, and instead have short burst of virality on very specific platforms. Nobody edits a facebook meme, because using a different scenario or another picture would simply be another "facebook meme".

Frankly, while I am not tired of the complaining I am curious as to why it is complaining instead of celebrating.

As a global volunteer my personal opinion is that memes belong dead and have been kept alive artificially for far too long.

Everyone here wants memes dead, including the board's owner. He is just too much of a pussified cunt to end it officially. So they just sit here and fester, getting worse and worse and worse every week while dumbasses like you cry about why no one is trying to save them. No one is trying to save them because nobody gives a shit about them. The spammers, who are mostly board mods btw, are trying to put memes out of their misery and drive everyone away so that it can finally end that way, but you dipshits don't even have the social skills required for taking the hint and fucking off. Instead you get all butthurt about your precious memes and how they are being treated.

Memes are dead.

Fucking move on already.