What are some characteristics of a reddit-tier movie, if you had to list them?

What are some characteristics of a reddit-tier movie, if you had to list them?

no need for characteristics

Heavy use of american pop culture, and highly dependent of its general opinion
Brazen use of diversity moments, which are plot points and arguments that would be normally affected by race/culture/gender, but not here
Non-ironical and non-subtle use of the preacher ending, which is closing with a political/philosophical statement, quite often highly liberal in nature
Cheerful atmosphere in otherwise highly degenerate contexts
Nostalgia (for its own sake) as a selling point/one trick show
Overly relaxed but wacky (aka modern cool guy) as male main leads, the typical shallow hook-up girl as female lead but with hypocrite focus on strong wymen support roles to add crisp to the chips

And for its liberal, globalist and open-minded sake: NO MOVIES OUTSIDE THE U.S. ARE VALID/NOBODY CARES, unless they were remade in America and you want those saucy fake hipster points (countering real hipster points which are granted when you actually saw the original fucking movie first)

1. Lots of niggers.
2. Lots of faggots.
3. 80s/90s nostalgia.
4. dudeweedlmao.
5. Shitty music.
6. AIDS

I got into argument about Guardians 2, told the guy it was a reddit movie. He told me it was a buzzword because I couldn't particularize what denotes a reddit movie. He's a cocksucker anyways.

But is he your cocksucker? that is the question.

Nah.

If you said that it was a "reddit movie" in a real life conversation then yeah you are a cocksucker.

Was on a stream.

Constant references to other movies, pop culture, current events, memes and other assorted topics.

Smugness

The characters only communicate through one-liners

lightsabers

If shallow, edgy cynicism masquerading as deep philosophy about the world at large and in your face, unwarranted self importance make up a reddit movie, then have I got the film for you.

I can't tell you how much I fucking hate this fucking piece of shit movie.

Wow, who knew plebbit was so intolerant. I would've thought that Idris Elba would be number 1.

Could /bane/…?

Oscar movies are cancer, but they're not necessarily reddit. Just look at Joss Whedon's schlock flicks.

Was the first Shrek movie when everything started going to shit?

Reddit-tier is divorced from the movie itself. A movie becomes reddit tier when reddit discusses it and tries to give it themes. Let's take American Psycho. Reddit will tell you they like the movie because it is a 'scathing' critique on consumerism and male vanity. This is the wrong reason to like the movie, and if you like it for this reason, you are a faggot. The correct answer as to why it is good is that Christian Bale kills Jared Leto with an axe to "It's Hip to be Square."

This is important. Reddit will search for deeper meaning in movies, not realizing the people who make movies are not particularly insightful or wise. Any deeper meaning in a movie has no value. Movies are best enjoyed superficially for their aesthetics. This is the true reason they hate shit like the Transformers; it ultimately has as much meaning as whatever stupid pop culture or arthouse shit they are fellating.

I'm not certain what you are trying too convey, could you elaborate?
Is this a made up name or named after a work called "Preacher" that had the type of ending you described?
Can you please recommend some non-U.S films?

Can you please give some examples of some non-shallow morality/philosophy?

Are Tarkovsky films worthy of your aesthetic approach too film?
Are you sure there isn't a few people who both made films and are/were insightful and wise?

Such people would have insight and wisdom into making movies, not in, say, what is the proper attitude a country should take on a political issue, or what a society's values should be, or even worse, whether or not there is a god.

Imagine if the best salesman in a company just started moralizing at everybody about how they should live their lives, and everybody just started nodding along because he landed a big account. Or if you took religious advice from a plumber because he did a good job on the bathroom in your paren't house. Yet people turn off their brains and look at movies and use them to govern their lives. It is the modern day practice of cutting open a goat and examining its liver for blemishes to determine your next course of action.

So what sort of person should one take as having weight on a topic? Shouldn't it be based on the quality of a persons arguments alone?

A film doesn't make arguments. It contrives a situation to fit its themes. This situation could be completely fabricated or a subversion of actual truth.

A while back a vietnam vet beat up a black thug who harassed him on a bus. Hollywood 'converted' the scene into two skinheads harassing a POC so that it would fit their purposes.

anything i dont like

NEWS FLASH
trumpies actually talk like that IRL

Wow, holy shit, could you beeee any younger? Read the book, capitalist cuck.

You're retarded

As an aspiring filmmaker, I completely with 65% of what you said and have a different opinion with the other 35%.
The best part is the chainsaw threesome, the axe part got more exposure in the internet because Bale dancing is funny and there is no tits. I agree the reddit analysis of the movie is wrong but not because of your beliefs. American Psycho by its author and its director are about the twisted fantasy a person can have. The female director was clearly aroused with the scenes of naked hookers getting chopped up.
I think you and reddit both had a fundamental misunderstanding of the what are the themes do to a story.
With American Psycho, the themes are "people wanted to better clones of their peers, we have twisted fantasy, chopping naked women are arousing, mistaken identity, escapism". These things drive the story but they are not "a scathing critique of culture or anything". They just things the storyteller wanted to explore. So what if the color of the cards are only slightly different? Who care? It just to show that the character is vain. All in all, themes are just plot point devices and fillers. They are only there to create, push the story forward or paint some stuffs in the background. Not make an educated commentary.
Meanings do not have to be deeper but reading into those stuffs make the experience better for me who like discovering new details and writing techniques. Reddits are simply stupid at doing it. Most people believed that as long as there is meanings in films then it is deep. Of course, that is shit. Meanings or themes are mostly just what the storytellers do to hold the story together. There is only true meanings (the intention of the storytellers) or not.
This is what I liked about the old Scorcese and other great filmmakers. He make a point not to judge his characters or try not to (when he do, it sucked). They simply present a circumstance and allow you to make your own judgements of it. Since those people lived mostly in a bubble, those are the only wise thing to do.

It isn't wrong for a movie to have themes; it is wrong to treat them as important or meaningful, or base any part of your own beliefs on them, which most people(Reddit especially) do. The famous example is the largely fictitious Braveheart spurning a nationalist movement in Scotland, but there are other, worse examples.

I think you do not realize why most people make movies or stories. As an example, an entire school of literary and film critique is dedicated to assessing the quality of a work by whether or not it advances Marxist themes. This is not the only group of people to do so. Movies and books are not produced for entertainment, but to control and influence thought. Most of the people in Hollywood aren't there for money, they want to reshape culture according to their beliefs. That's why they are so pissed off right now at Americans.

Agree.
Disagree. Many people who went to storytelling went there because they had a story to tell and wanted people to listen to it. They also have their own views of the world and like everyone, they wanted society to agree with them or at least see them. Don't you want culture to see things the way you do? Trouble is many are too dumb to realize the limitations and gaps in their thinking and when they put in it inside their works, it looked shallow and appeal to shallow people. Many in the film-making industry are influenced by that same standard of thinking. The movies and books which are written and made well are often the opposite of this things, the views of the writers are either subtle, hardly affect the stories, or argued brilliantly.

Give examples please.

Coppola wanted to made an allegory of Capitalism. No one other than him really care. People just thought of it as a gangstar drama film that was brilliant acted, shot, directed, and written. Coppola beliefs did not affect the stories and argued some points brilliantly.

who are you quoting cuck

- Pseudo intellectual themes/ pop science.
- Ethnic/ Racial diversity in casting.
- Simple moral dilemmas.
- Ambiguity in the plot which invites endless and completely pointless debates and "theories" from their part.
- References to sophisticated/cultured themes (classical composers, old masters, prominent literary figures, and metaphysical or social philosophers.)

Alien Covenant being the most recent example.

Wasn't that urinal just trolling?

no

Most reddit-tier movies are entertaining, but don't really hold any lasting interest.