How to live on $500 monthly

I live in Middle America and am currently a college student who can't stay on campus because it's a community college without dorms.

So, being that I'm a full time student, I've done my finances and with my job, I make about $500 whenever taxes, insurance, and gas are taken out.

So, how might a single person live off of $500 monthly, without going to the government for handouts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FykcFdF7JSk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck I drink more than that!
Unless you like taking it up the ass you are screwed, kid.

stop wasting your time
education is a meme

Are you an alcoholic?

I'd disagree whenever it's in the STEM field.
Physics major

I would think so, does it really matter?

Well, if you quit sometime soon, can I have your drinking money? :^)

That's actually very good and blunt advice. Thank you.

Oh, there are other options user.
You don't need an apartment, for example.
You can sleep during the day in public libraries, and shower at truck stops.
Dumpster dive for food.

Sounds like I wouldn't even need $500 to live like that.

Everyone quits eventually, but don't hold your breath.
Take heart though, I have two graduate degrees and my job allows me to afford to drink this much.
My job has nothing to do with what I went to school for, but that doesn't mean that college was a waste of a quarter of a million dollars.
College is where I learned to drink like this!

If you have a car living off 500 dollars a month should be easy. Get a 10$ a month gym membership to shower, workout, free wifi, Study hard and get a better paying job.

That's fuckin' radical. Who says chan-browsers have no sense?
Thanks for the advice, mate.

That's a good point.

Why are you ashamed to take government handouts? If you don't take them, useless niggers, spics and other undesirables and illegal immigrants suck up those resources without contributing to society at all.

Those handouts are paid by you anyway in taxes. Everytime you make a purchase, you're paying for someone else on the dole. You'd simply be getting a refund of the money you've already paid into the system.

t. NEET on benefits

claim yourself on taxes to start, eat dry beans and cook your own food. the only problem I can see is finding a place to live. you could get a bike and sell your car.

pay 400 for rent somehow (split bill with a roomate, rent someones spare bedroom) pay 50 a month for food. Potatoes, rice, some seasoning/butter is very cheap. Could probably leech off local wifi if necessary but you could get a cheap internet package and make calls and text from the computer to avoid an extra bill for phone

this post is autistic, user. consider deleting it if you wanna save embarassment

Welcome to Holla Forums, dumbass.

I stopped caring what people think long ago. I guess you're too stupid to recognize good advice.

OP here
I think it's just a crutch, really.

More good advice. Thanks, mate.

Broken people need crutches. If you are desperately poor and asking for life advice on Holla Forums you can be sure you are a broken person.

Here are some good ones, OP

I have a bit of a different list:

Put all your money into bitcoin and live in homeless shelters and eat at charity food kitchens.
You'll be rich in ten years.

Well I don't know about that. Actually yes, when I was poor, I never went out. It was also stifling. But I managed.
I'm making much more money now, and take great joy in going out. In fact, I'm with a friend most of the time who goes out more than me, perhaps too miuch. it's a lot of money shat out. His excuse is he doesn't like the feeling of cabin fever, he wants to be out and talk to people. Which is ironic because he spends most of the time on his fucking phone. But all-in-all, I can't say I regreat the time I've spent eating out at bars after work. I might as well enjoy my money.

HHHHAAHAHA IM GOING TO CELEBRATE ONCE YOU REALIZE AFTER 60K DEBT YOU FUCKED UP AND FELL FOR THE MEME

If you can cook at all, $12 a week is easily possible. I mean, back when I was broke, $12/day would have been awesomely wealthy.

Gee that's a tough one.

OK get cheap apartment, rent out couch for $100 a week. Usually it isn't hard to find someone who needs to crash for a few weeks while they look for another place.

Go to your local food pantry. 98% of them are privately run so government will never know. If there are several sign up at all of them. Usually they will also have lists of places that give free meals. Sometimes there are early breakfasts that only the deeply religious go to so you can get extra and only eat once a day.

If you see something for free on someone's yard pick it up and sell it on craigslist. Sounds like an extra $20-$50 bucks for a few minutes work would do you good. Dumps are good for this too. I have a friend that averages $100-$200 a month just selling stuff he finds at the dump.

Your choices are to either live like a pauper or to find a few hustles that can earn you a couple extra bucks. The best way to do this is to sell something to someone you can get for free.

I live on under $350 a month on the west coast. What the fuck are you wasting all your money on?

Fucking lol, physics is a teaching career, it's fucking worthless in the practical world. The only one of that acronym that matters is engineering.

t. Engineer making $3200 a month.

Get a table top electric pressure cooker.

Learn to cook with it.

Can turn any cheap meat into tender noms. Can make beans and rice fast and easy. Make curries, soups, slow cooked type meals.

Hookers and blow

What do you do?

You mean

Shouldn't you be somewhere tightening bolts or something?

You definitely aren't smart enough to be an engineer, that's for sure. Try the food service industry.

just don't spend more than $500 a month and you should be fine

Well, can I at least get your contact info?
I want to swap the engine out of my car, but I don't have a torque wrench handy.

Thx m8

Well, one fixes broken engines while the other is just a breaker engineer.

You win some, you lose some.

This.
You can get a gym membership for exercise, relax and cleaning.
Some gyms even sell decent food for a minimal increase in payment.
Either that or go to an all you can eat place and fill up on them foods boy.
Prepare all your food. Learn to love raw food and cook minimally. Get a good microwave oven and a single burner for frying and a kettle for water.
That's all you need for kitchen space since the microwave oven gives you microwaving, an oven and a grill if you actually got a decent one.
Don't get shit ready-meal machines, they are worthless and break if you sneeze at them the wrong way.
You can fry some vegs on a frying pan, non-stick, no oil, get a little char going, add some sauce, noodles, done. Cooking is easy, you can make shit up as you go along, or use recipes.
If you really want effortless cooking though, get a pressure cooker either as replacement for microwave oven or in addition to it, pick one first then buy another one later in the future.
Those things make great soups, top tier meat and such. A good one can also steam too.

Get a inflatable bed. Any will do. or even just a gym mat.
Put a BLANKET on top of it, then you, then another blanket. Done. You don't need to do anything else with that. Rotate the blankets around each night so they don't get crushed over time.

Buy a solar panel and in-car power system, wire it all up with a bunch of batteries. This, next to the microwave-oven, will be the most expensive part.

Then you can live in a car / van very comfortably.
Also learn how to fix your vehicle with the simpler faults.

make sure to park it down by the river

And make a little rock fire and fish for your dinner.
And get a dog.
And curtains.

Why a dog? That would be another mouth to feed.

it's a meme, you dip

So sorry, massa

I used to live on less. Buy lots of pasta and rice.
Frozen veggies. I was able to go running for 2 hours a day on that diet.

Frugal and /fit/
Nice

Yep, good idea.
You can buy rice, quinoa, pasta and other things in bulk for very cheap.
Lasts a long ass time.

Handful of veg in with it.
Maybe an egg.
Frozen fish and meat and mushrooms split up in to strips, chunks or similar small shape is very flexible and also lasts a while.
Then some spices and sauces and you can make a fuckload of tasty meals every day.
With the addition of wraps, pockets, tortillas or whatever else, you can make even more.

A pressure cooker or a frying pan / wok and single burner stove is all you need to create loads of tasty meals very easily.
Just need to search how to properly cook your frozen food in whatever it is you are using, which is just a search and few minutes reading.
Don't want to ruin your food, that's never nice. The few times I experimented and either burned food, or cooked it too much and it went soggy… super depressing man, puts you right off.
Once I just never ate after that happened. I was too annoyed to care that day.

Dont listen to any of these retards
Keep at it with your physics degree and grab an internship and make mad dosh

t. Research Physicist making $8300 monthly

Bonus to going into physics is that if you can handle all the insane as fuck math, then you can probably specialize in another science field. As physics is the foundations of all sciences.

nigga thats like HALFWAY up to the poverty line what are you DOING

care to tell us here what connections you used for that? if it's for a university, you in geneva? ive seen stemlords begging for $11/hr where I live as substitute teachers

Thanks for the Ego-boost, bruv.
I'll keep at it

stupid white boi

What job would you recommend, nigger?

In middle America? Either selling meth or pimping women/children.

But with Physics and basic Chemistry, I can make the meth in bulk and I could make more money that way.

Science makes your suggestion better.

What do you need physics for to make meth? Just change your major to Accounting and take a chemistry minor. Build a worldwide meth empire and child sex slave business.

Do I look like a damn Jew to you?

GOY ALERT

SOUND THE ALARM WE HAVE A G-O-Y IN HERE

Damn kikes, kiking up the place.

imageboards are a jewish invention

based moot and jap-moot invented the imageboard format

You know it to be true. Accept the supremacy of the based jew.

Have you forgotten about based ISIS?

Jews created ISIS you ignorant goy. All things come from The Jewish Master Race.

Correction:

All things come from the Meme.
We are born in the meme
We will die in the meme.

Jews invented memes. Memes were patented by the Ashkenazim in 1994.

Wrong

Stop shoahing me it happened in my mind.

IT WAS REAL IN MY MIND

OYYYYYYYYYYY

VEEEEEEEEEEEEY

Depending on where in "Middle America" you live, you probably won't want to live in your car during winter. Look into HUD/other public assistance for housing. You might be able to get a subsidy for a cheap studio apartment.

Failing that, look for a room to rent. That's often less than than a studio apartment, assuming you can negotiate your share of the utilities properly. Ideally, it should be included in the rent, as long as you're not taking hour long showers, insisting on setting the thermostat, or letting your friend charge his Tesla in the garage.

Rice and many kinds of beans form a complete protein and are cheap.

Don't get sick.

do you live in your car tho?

youtube.com/watch?v=FykcFdF7JSk

There is lots of shit tv that is cringey.

But the worst is anything on the TLC network it is pure AIDS and only keeps afloat by half of masterchan fapping to toddlers in tiaras like the sickfucks they are.