Netflix blocks rooted Android phones

archive.is/wOu9y

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/wOu9y
web.archive.org/web/20170515221109/https://betanews.com/2017/05/15/netflix-rooted-unlocked-android-smartphones-no-support/
wired.com/2017/04/tim-berners-lee-inventor-web-plots-radical-overhaul-creation/
guardianproject.info
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>visiting sites that require JS to view

gno

Stop using shit browsers.

I mean really.

You can still watch through the phone's browser anyway.

Stop using voluntarily MITM'd archives.

>archive.is/wOu9y
If their DRM-scheme worsk, why do I constantly find shows from Netflix on TPB?
Stallman has warned us about this for over 30 years now. If you don't control the software, the software controls you.

Also:
Fuck Tim Berners-Lee for being a sellout!
Thanks to him the web will become a DRM hell.

More time to spend on coding projects.
Fuck (((entertainment))). Make your own.

that was my thought -- fuck if i could think of anything worth watching on netflix

web.archive.org/web/20170515221109/https://betanews.com/2017/05/15/netflix-rooted-unlocked-android-smartphones-no-support/

Why? I'm not some paranoid shitstain

Just update root clients so that they return "not-rooted" when specified apps request a root-check

Its not that hard tbh

You fucking deserve it.

The precedent of DRM media can spread to non-kosher media. If Netflix is a huge success, people will copy its model wholesale for their own products.

and it mostly isn't

stop using shit websites you cock sucking faggot

Thank you user
-Tor user

>web.archive.org/web/20170515221109/https://betanews.com/2017/05/15/netflix-rooted-unlocked-android-smartphones-no-support/
wtf. you could download video from netflix the moment it was a thing, or just download the videos from another source such as a torrent instead of getting some fucked up version from netflix

I bought a new Android budget phone last year and holy fuck what a disappointment. Bloat that could not be removed, rooting was a pain and still could not get that fucking bloat away because it could break something else. Need to sign in to everything, even to download a fucking app. Need to get a fucking gmail. FUCK OFF, Android sucks my balls.

I will try Sailfish next time.

Except nothing was available for my phone since it was a budget phone, only nexus and shit like that had a rom available

Then don't buy a shit android phone unless you plan to develop a ROM for it yourself.

What do you mean?
What, he single-handedly killed net neutrality or what?

wired.com/2017/04/tim-berners-lee-inventor-web-plots-radical-overhaul-creation/
He is trying his best to save us?

litterally cancer of this world

I need to put a fucking ROM on to get a phone that is not shit? FUCK OFF Google cucks

you know that the ROM like lineage are degooglised ?

but if you want apps you p.much have to install gapps and play services and you're right back to having a eric schmidt in your phone listening for badthink.

phones are god awful computers. get a laptop and use your phone like a phone.
or, fdroid, which I Hear alot about but you seem to pretend doesnt exist.

My samsung galaxy s3 has a dead battery, i got a new one but the guy told me to charge it before using it which was a major red flag because lithium batteries get damaged when they have no electricity inside and that one and all of the other ones were dated 2013. I got it anyway and it bulged within a day and wouldn't hold a charge even when idling for 2 hours, so I returned it. I don't actually use the phone much outside of making calls so I don't want to buy a new one but the annoying part is at least I already had one but now i'll have to switch back to the nokia 3301.
If any given company actually bothered making a phone that's more useful instead of flashier I'd get it but as it stands I'll just enjoy my 3 weeks of battery life with a beat up shitpostermobile.

Sage for blogpost

I use LineageOS, F-droid and guardianproject.info repos for it on my phone there is MicroG as well in the repos that can emulate the google framework that a lot of apps depend on.