The Star Wars prequels had shitty special effe-

I think most people tend to complain about the overuse of CGI. Though honestly Grievous was fucking awesome.

Green screen and the old shot/reverse shot dialogue. Why can;t movies get over this shitty practice and have actors deliver lines back and forth in a framed scene.

Honestly, Grievous is funny because he looks great in some shots but like ass in others.
I do get the impression they spent extra time making him look good for what screentime he had, probably because of all the merchandise featuring him

Why did the EU and animated material so utterly misinterpret Lucas's character? What about Grievous makes him so difficult for writers to grasp?

You mean the Genndy Cartoon where Grievous is a badass?

This. Its not just about how many pixels you get on the screen, its how you use them.

The prequels are basically like Roger Rabbit in reverse. You have a few actual actors on screen who stick out like sore thumbs, then the rest of the movie is a cartoon.

A lot of stuff was practical, on location or using miniatures. Only things not possible to do that way was made with CG. Stop swallowing RLM lies.

I dont get why they didnt use more explosives in that shit. It's just lasers and shit. a plasma rpg is going to fuck up a robot pretty well

some scenes look great like coruscant nightlife, the opening battle in episode III, but sometimes he used a little too much cgi and it shows. grevious still does look good though yes

looks shitty tbh

Any time you have a "Set" that is just a floor and everything else is green-screen, that shit is reverse roger rabbit.
Deal with it.

Also, how are you butthurt about RLM's shit when most of what they say is backed up with footage from the movie or production?

Do I really need to dump the production photos again, Mike?

Problem is George decided to overlay many of the sets and miniatures with CG. He does it the least in Episode I, particularly the shots on Tatooine.

The CGI was good, but if you watch the scene where Grevious interacts with any live actors it looks fucking horrible. Obi-wan just kinda stands there with his thumb up his ass while a robo-alien is quad-spinning lightsabers in front of him, it really takes you out of the movie. Watch the making of, the actors had nothing to work with as almost the entire movie was filmed on a green screen, they didn't have any clue where they were supposed to be or what they were looking at until they'd already wrapped up shooting.

Yea the scene at the bridge of the ship in the beginning looks great tho

a) you're an idiot
b) you're contrarian
c) you need to get your eyes checked

you mean the one that he just made up as he went along, like everything else in star wars?

sure, he's a cuck, that much is simply undeniable at this point- but is he /ourcuck/?

wat

Would you fuck it?
I'd fuck it.