MISTY KNIGHT IS THE NEWEST CAPTAIN AMERICA

CHECKMATE SHITLORDS
archive.is/C6xAx
Don't you get the feeling that the stronk independent black women are all looking the same, with just different outfits? Also talk about diluting a title so badly.

Other urls found in this thread:

newgrounds.com/portal/view/645857
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah, ironic that.

But that is raycissssss…

Wait what happened to Falcon as Cap?

Why isn't Misty with Iron Fist anymore?

What happened to Falcon fighting USAgent?

I'm not reading anything Marvel till this Civil War II shit is over. I didn't think it was possible but they made something worse than the first fucking event.

Lemme guess, the next Captain America will be a guy in wheelchair. Followed by a girl with down syndrome.

I think he's still Cap but the problem is he's such a little bitch about things. He keeps getting involved in shit that even Steve would have just said 'I'm gonna stay neutral on this'

They've already worked three of their groups in there by having a black woman amputee

For someone who spent a lot of time with Steve you think he would know better. Is he like this because Spencer wrote him this way rather than his character always being like this?

It's really due to Spencer.

Even Hydra Cap told him, 'Don't get involved in political shit' and he still did it anyway. He wants to try and change things about the nation on his own terms by interacting with the people. Steve been knew that's a dumb idea and that you can only really help improve the country bit by bit. Falcon keeps tossing himself into situations where people are going to be divided on him and just make more problems.

Now if this was in the hands of a better writer you could eventually have Falcon realize that. That what he's doing is only boiling the pot more and he needs to start moving back, letting things play out instead of getting involved. Even when he tries that he still gets dragged into the damn shit anyway for stupid reasons.

This is utter hashtag garbage. Fuck Marvel and all their cronies.

So how long do you think it will be before people draw her getting fucked by all the white villains?

I swear the combo of twitter and the cosplay community have been a plague on comics as a whole.

pfffftt, nowadays anyone can be captain America as long as they are not White, fukken sithlords

Fuck me, what's the point about having an bionic arm and not using it to toss the fucking shield.

Wait, can she even do that ricochet thing that each Captain can do?

The irony about the ritochet thing was that they said Cap mentally calculates in a few seconds to get the right shot. Taking alot of things into account so fast was meant to show one of the ways the serum affected him.

WHY IN THE FUCK IS BUCKY NOT THE NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA?!!

WHY NO BUCKY?!

Bucky hasn't checked his privilege

You're the battered housewife

I'll be honest, she looks hot
Look at it this way, at least it's not like Miss Muslim.

Because Bucky was Cap before.

But on a more story correct stance. He faked his death and the world thinks he's dead. SHIELD eventually finds out he's not due to his missions with the Thunderbolts recently.

Ok I understand. But I would think that it would make more sense he took the stance before his faked death. Why are they giving the mantle to people that don't really shouldn't take the mantle? What's next, Gwen is going to be the new Captain America? I know this was done but I would take Frank Castle to be the new Captain America than this…

this
it is a non issue
but clicbait news site will report this shit like it is the end of the world

You've hit my interests user. Use your imagination and tell me how this would happen. I would not mind seeing a gun-toting Cap. Technically that's USAgent but nobody likes him.

Well dubs, there is a story about that.

Even though we had AngelFrank & FrankenFrank we never got the Frank to end all franks. Ghost Rider Frank being the Superior Spirit of Vengeance.

For fuck sake, dude. Don't give'em ideas.

I can actually see it happening.

Because he's a FUCKING WHITE MALE

Holy shit that would be awesome.

It's not pandering. It's exploiting. It's hot air to make people think an important milestone has been reached when nothing fucking happened at all.

This is what Marvel has been doing with all of this diversity shit. They're exploiting idiots on both sides with a little window dressing.

Who?

I want to see her captured and the villains cum into her thick afro hair until it's full of cum. I actually never see how real cum react inside a thick afro and I really want to know what happened is it going to stay there or dripping out. If it stay there is it going to harden and we have this thick wrecking ball of hair or more softer pillow like consistencies I really want to know ok I'll stop now.

New Avengers line up is going to be """normal""" (read tumblr) people with no super powers.

Know why?

'cause everyone is special and you can do anything.

There will be images of super teams dealing with things via tweets

MARK MY WORDS THIS WILL BE A COMIC

Hopefully it won't.

The Punisher's already sort of the Anti-Captain America. Both characters are representative of their respective wars. You've got Captain America, WWII hero, who is respected and revered as a hero and a symbol of American patriotism. Then you've got the Punisher who represents attitudes towards Vietnam (or indeed any conflict post-Vietnam, like the Gulf War for example). He's hated and reviled by the general public and generally considered to be a violent vigilante psychopath.

Didn't they already have that? Isn't that Mark Waid's new book, whatever it's called?

The Champions? Yeah its like that.

And people wonder I prefer DC. Sure, DC is just as guilty as Marvel at times…but hell, they made new heroes instead of cramming minorities in the shoes of well-known heroes. Take Steel for example.

I actually like Steel. He's rich AF, he wants revenge, he made riveted steel armor suit, he bash people in the head with his hammer. That's simple but solid superhero origin story.

They're as bad as each other. The difference is that DC relegate their minority swaps mostly to characters nobody cares about (Atom, Blue Beetle, Question) whereas Marvel do it with their main heroes (Spider-Man, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man)

And usually it went OK despite the minority. I liked the Blue Beetle series that spawned of from Infinite Crisis for one, since they didn't praise Jaime as the greatest Blue Beetle ever right off the bat, the kid had to earn his dues, so to speak. Haven't read Ryan Choi's Atom stuff though.

I notice when DC does it they make an alternate universe for it. Thats how they usually get their crazy ideas out without fucking up main canon, make a separate universe. There's a black Superman but different universe and outta the way unless a crossover happens

She's a hashtag.

Nice creative fucking naming, marvel. I've got more for you: Breeze Hero, Brook Victor, Fawn Vigilante.

My favorite thing about this thread is how many people are showing that they don't know anything by making fun of a 40 year old character as if this is her first appearance.

No one answered me on why she's not with Iron Fist anymore

Wait she's not with Iron Fist anymore?

I thought people were making fun of her becoming captain america or something?

Not from what I've seen. She's fuckin around with Sam.

Technically Steel was made in part for DC to keep the trademark on Steel since they were no longer using Heywood. Still completely workable on his own (though his origin is dependent on Superman, and lacks the impact without Death of Superman)

Heywood Jablome?

Sure, it was just a quick fix to keep the Steel trademark, but I remember when I was growing up that I thought he was the absolute coolest thing to come out of the Death of Superman arc. I still remember the page where news reporters are scrambling to get a quote from him, asking,
"What makes your claim that you're the real superman more valid than the others?"
"I never said I was."

Hank Heywood aka Commander Steel.

Try to read that name slowly

Oh…..

I don't get it, boss

Hey would you blow me?

A tard who also happens to have super powers could be a neat idea but I realized it's just Bizzaro Superman more or less

A sentient deer that kills or scares off hunters and woodsmen wouldn't be the worse idea either.

Guy that has fought literal gods but the mean old INTERNET people get to him.

Darwyn Cooke did a decent Steel in New Frontier.

You mean John Henry who then got lynched by the KKK? I watched the movie first before reading the comic, found the comic to be a whole lot better but still loved the movie.

You mean like vid related?

Well there's already a comic series called Major Bummer. The characters are weirdos.

I'm not sure it's ever been said why. If they have it's either buried in Kaare Andrews' Iron Fist, Spencer's Captain Falcon, or maybe Bendis' Jew Avengers. I think that's the only "major" books either character has appeared in recent years. But why would anyone want to read those?

i genuinely wanted a parody action movie like that

newgrounds.com/portal/view/645857

I did the same

So they replaced Thor with a woman, Cap with a Black Guy, Tony with a black teenager and now this…….

This company needs to burn to the fucking ground.

even if they didn't do those things the company should still burn.

She looks like such a stereotype.

The sadness in his face is always heartbreaking. It's like listening to someone recount watching their favorite pet being killed in front of him

Doesn't help that you can tell by his wording and body language that he doesn't want to offend the host, because he knows the raid SJW's would come after him and destroy his career.

Well, he's deep in enemy territory on Geek and Sundry. It's an entire channel for "OH EM GEE I'M LIKE SUCH A NERD XDDD" SJWs and beta-male faggot hipsters.

Landis is like the day-walker, as far as I'm concerned. He's just a little too aware of all of the problems in the industry to enjoy any of it, but he's still trendy and "indie" enough to get invited into the social circles of these insufferable cunts who celebrate and autistically screech with joy whenever another iconic character is replaced by a "marginalized group" or some shit.

I went and checked the youtube comments of that video, and there's not a single mention of Miss Muslim or anything related that what he said about it, it's just "He doesn't know superman".

Got a link to the original video? I want to see the full interview.

Well to be fair she was created in the 70's to ride the hype of blaxploitation.

I really don't get those types of channels, I mean at least ComicBookGirl19 knows her shit and doesn't bow down to these feminist cunts, but channels like these make me fucking sick to my stomach.

They're like those annoying kids who had no friends in high school, the kids who would randomly eavesdrop on a conversation and insert themselves into the conversation. "Oh you guys like Star Wars? I like Star Wars too!, Princess Leia is so cool!".

And the funny thing is, I've been to conventions and none of these people were buying comics, which made me hate Marvel even more because they truly think that these people read their shit when they don't, all their knowledge comes from the MCU and reading the Marvel wiki. If you ask them what their favorite Avengers run was, they'd probably tell you they liked the first movie better than the second one.

Not gonna lie, a long of my comics knowledge comes from wikis. I can't be bothers to read 80 years of comics.

Funny I got my knowledge from those Marvel Ultimate Guide books they sold back in the early 2000's when I was a kid.

Then why bother reading a summary of it? The fun part is reading the comics, reading the dialogue, looking at the art. What could you possibly gain from reading someone else's interpretation of comic books you will never read? That's like choosing to read movie reviews for all movies that came before the 1980s, it's fucking retarded, m8.

If you don't want to read comics, then go spend your time on something else instead of pretending you read comics you worthless piece of shit.

I want to read comics, and I do. But I also want to know about character's history and development over the years. But most of the ealier comics are pretty shit. I downloaded the entire history of the X-men a few years back, but it was impossible to get through more than the first few issues because the writing was so god awful.

You're clearly an idiot if you've been reading comics for any longer than a year. A character's history doesn't matter, what matters are the writers and the artists, it's why most current comics are shit. A good character can not save bad writing and bad art, a "bad" character can be saved by good art and good writing.

Then why read a summary of it? If you don't like it, why do you care what happens in it? Do you understand how stupid you sound? You're like some youtube blogger who wants nerd streetcred so you memorize a bunch of worthless trivia instead of just seeking out comics you enjoy.

The history of characters and how they developed is an interesting subject to anyone who actually cares about comics as a whole. You're saying it's pointless to understand how the comics code authority came about and what it did. Or understanding how BvS was inspired by the Dark Knight Returns and how they misunderstood what that story was about. You're the kind of retard who would start reading comics, and then complain that they "changed Captain America into a white guy" because you never bothered to learn that there was 80 years of someone named Steve Rogers as the character. You're the exact type of fucking person that we hate on here who doesn't care about respecting the history of the characters and doesn't understand why they've been popular for nearly a century.

Well considering I've read The Dark Knight Returns I know exactly how BvS was inspired by it, but that's not the point.

The history of characters and how they developed is not interesting if you're reading it through second hand information, it is interesting if you're reading the comics themselves. Reading a summary is nothing more than getting someone else's interpretation of them, instead of your own. It's clear you're a fan of characters and not of the act of storytelling itself, you're someone who thinks they could write good comics but will never actually write comics. I do actually write comics, I have a job working for DC right now, it's why I never post about DC and only storytime Eddie Brock comics and occasionally other things like Star Wars or European ones.

It isn't pointless, what it is is history. Which you can learn from reading actual history books about the subject instead of wikipedia articles or watching blogs. It also is irrelevant to the art form, the comics themselves speak for themselves. If a comic doesn't work on it's own, then it doesn't work at all. The history of a character can serve to give your story a second layer, but it can not save your story. And if you try writing references to a characters history without having actually read those comics yourself then those references will be clunky and appear in poor taste.

This makes me laugh, because I've seen people post about my comics here and more often than not they like them. I will say this though, you're the type of fan that creators hate. Want to know which type of writers pander to your kind, because they are your kind, Kieron Gillen. The man who has written the absolute worst Star Wars comics I've ever read, and surprise surprise, he used to be an internet blogger. The way you type reminds me of the way I've heard him talk at conventions.

"Fans" should never be writers, they're what got us into the mess we're currently in. You see, a fan thinks more about what a story should say on a metal level than what it should say on a story level, when they write stories they start to feel an ownership over the characters and they forget that they're only actually in control of what they put on the page, not how people react to it.

I meant meta level, not metal. I'm sure that's not the only typo I made, but it's the only one I'll correct.

This is "Heh tough luck kid my uncle works for nintendo so I know more about Mario then you" The post.

But she didn't.
She used the shield like one time.

But the people who fucked up comics are SJWs who aren't fans of what they write at all. Didn't this character in particular get created by some fat Mexican who admitted she never read capeshit?

Why do you think I used quote marks around the word fan. Someone who reads wikipedia articles about characters instead of the actual comics is a "fan", I work in the industry, I know from first hand experience that people like Kieron Gillen, Ryan North, and Kate Leth are the type of people who read wiki articles instead of actual comics. Once I question a writer on this, they said, "It's not worth reading all the racism, xenophbia, and jingoism in those old Captain America comics just to know what happened with the different villains"

I have no sympathy 's point of view, it is exactly the same as the idiots that are ruining comics directly. The audacity of "fans" like him thinking he is separate from those people because his politics are different is hilarious.

questioned'

I'm a comics fan. I want to work in the industry. I think all this SJW bullshit is killing the medium I love. If you work in the industry why aren't you and people like you trying to find the guys like me who have the passion but haven't found the opportunity?

I thought she was the new Iron Man?

It's no one's job to find you. There is no correct path into writing. If you want to write, write. Write short stories, submit them to magazines and websites, learn to write comic scripts, find an artist who wants to make a comic with you. If an editor at Marvel or DC sees your work and they like, they'll let you know.

Nothing is stopping you from writing except yourself. Don't expect it to be easy, it wont be, and it will take a long time for anyone to notice you, you may never be noticed. But if you're serious about writing then you'll do it even with the possibility that no one will ever notice you or like your stories.

Which is what I am doing. I was just curious why it seems that in industry there seems superficially to be an air of surrender when the answer - at least to an outsider - is to take the industry back from the bad decisions that put it here. If you know things are a mess, and we know things are a mess, then why can't something get started to turn this around instead of perpetually doubling down?

This is the fatal weak link to your advice.

I don't care how well written it is, muslim otherkin downs syndrome Superman is not a viable interpretation of the character.

I sometimes find myself with an itch to know what the gimmick is behind a character's backstory. How they got their powers or whatever. I don't care about the rest of their story or what happens after that, so I just go to a wiki.

However.. Comics are a hobby that is wholly and entirely about reading the actual fucking comics. I might know the odd event or storyline or even know the backstory of an obscure character, but that doesn't make me a comic fan. It doesn't make me equal to the guy who has been reading everything released about their favorite character for the past 3 decades.

Wanting to be "into" comics without wanting to read comics is exactly like being those tumblr faggots who wanted to be part of the Homestuck fandom, but never bothered to read homestuck. It's like being an autistic faggot whose only interest in gaming is watching a youtuber play everything.

Nearly all hobbies are primarily defined by the act of doing.

I still read a fuck ton of comics, but every time I glance at wikipedia for information on some character that I just saw for the first time, I'm going to get more information from that glance at wikipedia then I will from reading 50 or so comics.

That's completely fair, and I think you could go a step further and argue that the retcon and reboot-heavy continuity also means that going back and digging through every book that a character has ever appeared in will be more of a waste of time than anything.

As long as you're not using wikis or review summaries to pretend you care about comics, I think what you're doing in perfectly fine. Some people can't be bothered to even pick up a book, let alone just grab a scan off the internet.

Yeah, I still don't agree with you.
You're an 'all or nothing' kind of person. You can't expect a fan to read every single comic of a certain character over all the decades, but it's important to know the general history, especially if you're the one writing.
The problem with the fags you're pretending that you know (unless you give proof, there's no way anyone's going to believe you about working at DC), is that they don't know ANY comics. They don't know jack shit except the absolute minimum. Even my mom, who doesn't even know that Spiderman's actual name is Peter Parker, knows about Captain Marvel's 'Shazam!' phrase to transform. That does not mean she should go write and draw comics. However, it appears that most people hiring the writers and artists for capeshit seem to believe that this is all you need.

I would also like some evidence of this supposed insider status. I can credence some of what's being said, but without some sharp insight to why or how decisions are being made it's all coffee house bullshit.

Even if he does write for DC, that doesn't mean anything at all. It doesn't make his opinions any more valid one what constitues a real fan, and who should be writing for comic books. He's literally stated that people are allowed to ignore all previous versions of a character and write what the hell they want, which is the exact fucking problem Marvel has been going through.

This is true, and I don't disagree with it, but I believe the first step to fixing a problem is defining terms and identifying the underlying motivations that caused it. In particular, as a friend of mine pointed out, it seems as though comic companies no longer produce product in the form of goods for consumers. Instead the produce goods for the investors, and the investors want safe investments. Producing new content involves risk and danger. Rehashing old content and pandering to special interest groups is safe.

Except in a medium like comics safety is a slow death with an audience that demands both new things and dangerous ideas. Comics were, are, and always have been subversive poplit for the masses, not the bosses.

So its the same thing thats happened with movies and video games.

I just realized those glasses of hers are ridiculously huge.

Yes, but I don't believe in just passively surrendering to it and accepting that all things must inevitably turn to shit. My question is how do we turn it around for the better?

Make our own stuff or support lesser known works that deserve credit?

As long as it burns!

Fuck em both. There's plenty of other, better, non capeshit shit around.

Well, Max Landis is still a faggot, but at least he has some sort of taste.

Until the gay over takes it and ruins it

and books once in a while

What books would apply to that? The Harry Potter series or whatever JK Rowling writes?

Christ. That made my Christmas worse.

Filter namefags and move on.

So?

I see Max as a man who has spent his entire life surrounded by the bullshit culture of Hollywood. Somewhere in the back of his mind he knows how horrible it all is, but he has been so utterly drenched in it for his entire existance, he is incapable of escaping. He's like a feral child who was raised by wolves. You can bring him into society. You can teach him to wear clothes and speak, but there will always be something animalistic about him. He will never truly be a normal human being.

Couldn't they reuse The Condor or Soldier Zero for disabled hero?

continuity is a gyp to get you to buy more funnybooks. the companies themselves couldn't give a shit.

Why does this fag keep posting here?

It's a meme now.

What are those two about?

He transcended, he's meme now.
TruthSeeker posting is pretty fun tbh

And of course they don't make a new character that is black and female, they kill a white male character and give it to the black woman. Fucking comic books are sucking nigger dick 100% of the time

Disney please put this dog out of its missery

Isn't this the same chick that stole Iron Man's suit?

No, Misty Knight is Misty Knight, but this character design DOES look a shitload like Riri the ethnic token Iron Woman.

At this point people are shit posting with the names

KARL MARX SHOULD HAVE WRITTEN COMIC BOOKS SO HE COULD INDOCTRINATE EVERYONE

You mean Riri looks like her

They can't draw for shit.

Shieet.

Faggot needs to stop being so generous. They fucking killed it. Once it gets old that this character is now just another handicapped asian otherkin that was once a famous super, their little shit has nothing else to sell on.

weak, useless little faggot spent 3 fucking minutes saying:

IT'S ALL ABOUT GENDER POLITICS NOW!!!

No, it's about hashtags. Empty, meaningless hashtags.

Hashtags are just tools

I'm glad Marvel is incorporating MC2 elements into the main universe, but why would they start with Misty Knight getting cancer?

Woof, I don't even disagree with him and this was uncomfortable to watch.

Max, please take your lithium.

To be fair there are times when it's acceptable I think. I read Marvel diligently for decades, but I refuse to spend money on Civil War 2. I've been reading the wiki to get the big points and supplementing that with scans.
You can't honestly expect a man to read shit like Squirrel Girl past one or two issues. I use the wiki to catch big plot points on comics I've given up on.

The only reason to namefag is to make your posts more repulsive to others.

Because they hire hacks who don't know how to write to write their books.

Context. For example, when I read Batman Etenal Which was mostly shit I had to read up on a lot of characters because every other issue introduced another obscure villain. Also, wikis are a good way to figure out which comics to actually read.

If you read a wiki article and then claim to know shit about comic books, you're an idiot, though.

A cancer-ridden human whore, too.