Horror Comics

looking for new stuff to read. I really like anthologies as a reward I will story time the first story from flinch. also doesnt have to be necessarily horror but something fucked up like super god

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Nile
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Laws
weirdwildart.com/
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Freddy-Vs-Jason-Vs-Ash
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Freddy-vs-Jason-vs-Ash-The-Nightmare-Warriors
broodhollow.chainsawsuit.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pg2

oh boy

and thats all a shorty but good intro to the anthology

Is it me or the coloring felt a bit bizarre. Like it was applied on purpose to create this feeling of uneasiness.

The mood is way too happy for the sunset/twilight coloring. You know somethings wrong right away, I like it.

Actually the blotchy coloring on the sunset sky make it looks like the sky is on fire rather than just sweet soft sunset. And their skin tones make their skin flaky and dead. Even the grass looks like puke.

There used to be an Australian horror anthology called Phantastique, it was banned in three states after Fred Nile and John Laws denounced it on television.

Junji Ito's stuff is the big name in comic horror, mostly his Gyo, The Enigma of Amigara Fault, and Uzumaki. There's also Hellsing, Devilman, and Domu: A Child's Dream.

There used to be a few good ones- Death Rattle, before the editor went Christfag, Fly In My Eye, Deadworld, and Marvel's Tomb Of Dracula. Clive Barker has been involved with comics for a long time with varying degrees of success- I could recommend his Rawhead Rex, and The Yattering and Jack. And Richard Corben's adaptation of The House on the Borderland by William Hope Hodgson.

There's a couple of good reprint collections of the crazier of the EC horror comics, like Tales Too Terrible To Tell and Mr. Monster's Hi-Shock Schlock.

Online, there's Jack, and Sword Interval.

Thanks for the recommendations. Also suck to be Aussie. You guys seem to never have fun.

what was the aussie thing about? flat chested girls? the aussies worst nightmare

There was all kinds of stuff, but mostly Steve Carter drew a lot of rape, and Bodine Amerikah was pretty much straight-up satanist.

And you can imagine how it triggered these two paragons of moral rectitude.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Nile
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Laws

they're awfully cucked for being the descendants of british criminals sentenced to death or going to colonize the endgame isle of the world.

Is there a way to download them?

I'd be amazed if anyone had uploaded them. Australian comics had their boom and decline before the internet, so apart from some American reprints like Southern Squadron, they're just not there.
Out of the creators, Bodine Amerikah doesn't have much of an online presence, unless you count writing most of the jokes for Hairbutt The Hippo, which is only notable if you want to see where Elephantmen stole Hip Flask from.
Christopher Sequeira does a lot of journeyman work for the big companies.
Steve Carter teamed up with Antoinette Ryder to create S.C.A.R., and are still churning out rapey horror comics to this day.
weirdwildart.com/

True story, Antoinette tried submitting some of her work to Drawing Away, an anthology from a "wymmyn's art collective", they sent the art back and accused her of being a man using a female pseudonym because a real woman wouldn't have so much rape in her comics.
They not know her vewy well, do they?

You should check out the old EC Comics’ horror stories.
Graham ’Ghastly’ Ingels’ stories are arguably the highlights of the EC horror comics.

Check out Fantagraphic Books reprints of the stories of Ingels’ stories:
* Sucker Bait and Other Stories
* Grave Business and Other Stories

Does anyone have a link for those old Freddy vs Jason vs Ash comics?

Is there download or torrent that have the entire EC comic collection?

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:B6D40A2E6EE6DF68EE1C3B790A160898AB8F9F1F&dn=EC+Comics&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce

These are scans of the original comics - if you want recent, high quality & higher res scans, look for torrents of the Fantagraphic Books collections.

Thanks

Bumping just for hope

Ask and ye shall receive.
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Freddy-Vs-Jason-Vs-Ash
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Freddy-vs-Jason-vs-Ash-The-Nightmare-Warriors

Great taste, user. Both are pretty damn good.
Speaking of Clive Barker, there were also five horror anthologies featuring comic versions of some of his short-stories from the Books of Blood. These anthologies were titled Tapping the Vein. While some of the stories were a bit meh, there's no denying the quality of both the writing and the art, and plenty of the stories are flat out great. Sadly, I'm having trouble finding these anthologies online, or I'd link them.

Thanks

Shame

Fucking shame the film will never be made.

Its even funnier how they have to get it against the strict sensors

Thanks

Haunted Horror was pretty good

but they don't seem to have Phantasm :(

How about storytime them then? We are lacking horror story time here.

This

I'd be interested in the Phantasm comics.
Also the original novelisation, it's really hard to find.

Have you tried Thrift stores?

I live in thrift stores.
IT'S REALLY HARD TO FIND.

It was limited to 500 copies. I doubt a digital copy even exists, aside from a word doc on the author or publisher's hard drive.

The movie came out in 1979, I should think it was written on a typewriter. I don't think even electric typewriters back then had a save function for entire documents.

The book was published in 2002 tho

Thats a tough one

Do we actually have a comic community that archived comics all around the world including the rare banned ones? I'm really curious and want to know the content of those banned comics from Australia. I mean in Japan some people already archiving ancient and rare video games and in America movies are archived by the American Govt. So why not comic books?

Try 8/co/'s vola

Witch Doctor is a fun read.

Didn't they cancel it?

Vola is for our requests only. I mean serious archivists. An Institution. Men that actually collect rare comic media, scanned them and archive their backups in real faults for generations to come. I don't think what stick in vola will stay for 5 years.

Are there any genuinely unnerving and scary comics out there? I've only read a select few creepypastas online that give me goosebumps and actually make me a little afraid. But are there any comics like that out there?

Is 30 days of night still going?

There's a webcomic called Broodhollow. The artwork is similar to fallout simplistic cartoon but it can get horrifying fast.

Sauce: broodhollow.chainsawsuit.com/

Will check

Looks interesting, I'll give it a shot when i havd time.

No, Image actually wanted more of it. Based on stuff that creators said in the interviews, book turned out to be much more work for them than expected, and that's why they stuck with doing mini series. Eventually they got other jobs, and book was temporarily put on hold. Now it's four years later and there is still nothing officially in the works or even planned. Series website is dead and twitter account showed no activity in over a year.

Shame, they could've done a lot of interesting things.

Let it die good

Girls was pretty good but it wasn't a horror anthology, it was a 17 issue weird alien invasion horror story.

The french version of Heavy Metal (Metal Hurlant) was a pretty good anthology book but it was more sci fi than horror. Good luck finding it online because I haven't been able to. It's a lot of continuing stories and most of them are able to be found if you look hard enough. (Megalex, the zombies that ate the world etc…)

There's a kickstarted and rather large graphic novel called "In the dark" that was a pretty decent anthology collection.

Uhhh…. I know there's some good stuff I've snagged off of vola that falls into this niche. "Through the woods" was good but I don't know if you would like the art style in comparison to more pulpy stuff. I personally uploaded one collection called "the furry trap" but I don't know if anyone else liked it or if they cut themselves on all that fucking edge.

Someone said let this die and yet some ppl still recommending good horror comics. We still need good horror comics around, especially the Aussie one mentioned here. I really want to know