Holla Forums Emergency Broadcast System

IN CASE OF WORLDWIDE AND/OR INTERNET CENSORSHIP EMERGENCY AND 8CH/4CH TAKEDOWNS

BREAK GLASS:

Https://www.zeronet.io

>wget github.com/HelloZeroNet/ZeroBundle/raw/master/dist/ZeroBundle-linux64.tar.gz

Hillary Clinton's poisoning has a very high chance of revving the election postpone and civil war crisis into overdrive, we may have as little as hours or a month. This is a security measure to counteract internet censorship.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/majestrate/nntpchan
archive.is/XPI65
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenNIC
archive.is/mySjn
opennicproject.org/
getaether.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

inb4 hillary shows signs of radiation poisoning and putin is blamed for it.

Isn't Holla Forums based in the philipines ?

no, servers are in US

I'm already finding zeronet sites that were shut down with pic related on their main pages. I don't think zeronet is safe.

You need to get a bigger monitor.

No, he is kindly saving bandwidth.

Why is there no alternative DNS namespace? Why has the group around the CCC and 2600 not done this yet? Why hasn't neither GNU nor tor? Why do they still think in shitty ideals like one net to exchange ideas blabla and an alternative DNS namespace would balkanize the interwebbs? The gopnik channel has about 10 alternative domains and only the most known is flagged. All others are open. They can't just, well they can, but they won't, they won't just block all alternative DNS traffic, it would just disrupt the whole net.

We need a board like /dns where sites can be filled in by hand, as a kind of public hosts file like in the 70ies.

Chan imageboard style websites always work with SQL databases, I'm having a hard time figuring out what a decentralized way to create an imageboard would be like. keeping spam down and banning users would be impossible without the database backend. Any pointers or directions to go in?

A decentralized social networking board in zeronet that doesn't use databases.

me again. From the zeronet site
Although ZeroNet can't run scripting languages like PHP or Ruby, you can create dynamic sites using ZeroNet's API (called ZeroFrame), JavaScript (or CoffeeScript) and the built-in SQL database.

Ok so it supports sql but all of the chan board templates i've found function off of php. need input.

might need to type a captcha for every few posts and/or implement a 30-60 second delay between posts like on cuckchan.

not necessary, everyone knows how to bypass bans with VPNs anyway. on 8ch we even allow TOR posting, making bans completely pointless.

Already proposed a hidden network analogue: bm6hsivrmdnxmw2f.onion/chan/Politics/970a89185687f8d82574f4e83cced1467f083a78a54d9d4e52a03d74bb474a93

None of this shit will work if they simply shut down the Internet itself.

When over a third of global GDP is generated by it? You don't think kike overlorads like the Amazon midget would call up their pet nigger and kivetch?

NO
USE i2p

Guise, I have a mac. Should I just kill myself right away or can I still join you when SHTF?

you're already dead.

can also look into retroshare, osiris serverless portal system and others

W…why?

Give us a goddamn link faggot!

End thine own own life post hate homosexual.

ZERONET IS FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!
God damn fucking niggers can't even make a fucking BASIC forum for people to get fucking help.
AND NEVER GET ANY FUCKING SUPPORT BECAUSE THAT FUCKING CUCK NIGGER DICK SUCKING FAGGOTS TOO BUSY BLOWING A COON.
Yes, I would LOVE to melt my hardware to look like some hipster faggot using a fork of Debian, AutistOS a fork of cuckbetaOS. Pass.

Really fucking odd to me how l2p and tor both work just fine though….

thank you for correcting my record

why wait?

you must be some special kind of stupid to be unable to install any linux distro on a 20$ yard sale laptop and secure it. you almost seem like a shill but more likely just a retard.

Shut up, man. Just use what you want. Nobody gives a shit.

I call bullshit.

Oh look, the Zeronet shills changed tactics. Anyone have an archive of the original Zeronet thread here were the marketers were torn a new asshole?

There are so many chans. Even if all the US chans disappeared, there are still non-US chans like 2ch.hk (Russian)

There are also lesser known chans like endchan.xyz and lulz.net (Lulz.net is full of furfags, but so slow that we could co-opt it and they could do nothing about it, and many of the users are right-wing furfags, some even Holla Forums material.)

Also, I should mention, telnet BBS still exists.

SJWfaggots and other assorted normies may have a hard time following us there. As an added bonus, (((Google))) can't index or link to a message on a telnet BBS.

anonbbs.org runs on telnet on port 1337

We really need a Holla Forums owned-and-operated BBS, though.

Nothing will change in the USA.

They're giving away the internet to global interests because they still can't Jew their way past the 1'st amendment.

They're giving away ICANN's DNS root, not "the internet" itself.

You can still connect to sites by IP.

OR, we can make our own DNS root. And we can host all kind of new TLDs

You just need a Holla Forums-controlled DNS, and then people need to know the IP so they can set it as their primary DNS.

We could make .chan .pol .jew .zog .nsdap .fash .pepe .dindu .nigger

The possibilities are endless.

Tor is known honeypot, almost every month I read about raid on pedos. I dont trust this flashy zeronet it too new untrsted and use Tor. i2p already a decade old and I dont remember reading about single breach

True i'm just saying that saying that US based websites are uniquely in danger is retarded since they're giving away in the internet because they can't get away with their bullshit due to US law they haven't been able to subvert yet.

Yes.

Also I think something like this is the future, but definitely half-baked right now:

github.com/majestrate/nntpchan

archive.is/XPI65

Also, I see no reason why one of us can't host a small imageboard bunker on an alt root:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenNIC
archive.is/mySjn

important link:

opennicproject.org/

Tor is a very probable honeypot, but raids on pedos don't prove a lot. Most pedos are fucking retarded when it comes to security. As are most other people by the way, but their ignorance doesn't fuck them over like that.

I'm just autist rageposting.

I have an APU so no linux works on it.
I unlike niggers don't get welfare and have to spend my money on shit that I need.

Just boggles my mind how the very same package I download and gave to people I know, don't work on my shit, yet works just fine on theres.

NNTPCHAN?

At that point, just use real NNTP. It's a great protocol, it's been around since the 1980's, and the server can be set up to allow anonymous posting.

It allows imageposting and threaded discussion.

All you need is a newsreader, like thunderbird, to connect to it.

It is basically the predecessor to the *chan.

The fuck you talking about, nigger?

Linux works on AMD APU.

Requesting archive of this thread

I'm blatantly shilling for i2p. it's a lot better than zeronet and other thinly-veiled honeypots.

This. Running on a Kaveri system here.

even tho 88 is impossible in military time 14:00 is 2:00 PM

[Maximum Autism]

Won't save you. It has more single points of failure than it claims. Starting with its very website hosting the code and binaries, or its distributed hash table which nonetheless relies on a single, central node, accessed by… wait for it… A DOMAIN NAME TAKEN FROM A CENTRALIZED DNS, OR AN IP ATTRIBUTED BY A CENTRAL AUTHORITY.

I'll have to say it once more:

YOU CAN'T DECENTRALIZE SHIT ON THE INTERNET

ALL YOU CAN MAKE ARE DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS, AND THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING

I also have to make everyone aware of a very, very, very important fact: we have tons of great, old, proven security open source software that works. Which means, you should be very wary of any new project with a cool name, a fancy website, and outrageous security/reliability/anonymity claims, which are all mostly exclusive, that tries to turn us away from quality existing software. I'm seeing two reasons: people trying to cash in on bitcoins and attempting to create a new platform that will print money, and evil people willingly trying to turn us away from proven software, and towards shitty, buggy, unsafe solutions.

To be continued on PC because I'm on phone and fingers hurt.

This shit's pretty easy to set up. One of my good friends is a normiefag to the max but I've redpilled him on Unix-like systems. Even he could easily set this up.

anyone know a good way to bbs on android?

Connectbot on android works with BBS.

torrents? DHT is breddy gud, trackers not needed.

One of the problems I have been seeing is that as long as 8ch continues to shamble along and JIm doesn't do anything too stupid, the number of users needed to reach "critical exodus mass" won't be reached. Someone needs to kill this place completely because I know Jim won't give in to decentralization.

how do i get past the "do you want colors y/n" screen? typing y dosent seem to work

Stupid question, but you never know: Did you press enter afterwards?

of course, using hackers keyboard and all, the input dosent seem to register at all.

Used JuiceSSH and it worked

The best alternative right now is to go with proven software. And there's a lot of stuff we can do.

The thing the closest to imageboards is newsgroups, that is mail servers communicating with each other over the NNTP protocol, essentially. As others have mentioned, NNTPchan is based on that, it just gives it an imageboard appearance to them, but then it also uses its own NNTP server written in, ahem, Go. I'd rather see it running on, again, known and proven newsgroup and NNTP software that any Linux distrib comes with, unless this custom software happens to be very good. But the base idea certainly floats.
Then all we need is build webs of trust between those servers: start one, connect to other servers you trust to deliver decent content, with proper self-moderation and anti-spam filters, and then it just works.

The other thing is BBS. It runs on a central server, it's very light bandwidth wise, and quite simple to establish from what I heard and so stable you never have an issue with it. They're more than hidden, even more than newsgroups which could still be somewhat easily accessed by any email client, and it should keep journalists, SJWs, and LGBTROFLBBQs at bay.

Then they'll need security: properly set up servers to ward off attacks, certificates, wiping of all logs, encryption of data, ideally, making it all run from RAM so everything is wipped when it's turned off, and oh, ensuring anonymity as much as we can. And obviously we should communalize our efforts to improve security of all servers.

And then we'll need to network, advertise all those servers and have people join them.

There are other solutions, like IRC or mailing lists, but if we could focus on just that, it'd be awesome already. And because I'm getting sick of all the drama queens and wankers hosting imageboards, and because I have the skills to do it, then I guess I'll just fucking do it myself. I'll soon get a new dedicated server running 24/7 on a shared box at some provider- far from ideal for anonymity, but enough for now. I'll be trying out both solutions, that is, setting up a newsgroup server and a BBS, and I'll leave them open to anyone so it becomes at least a nice place to discuss our next moves when it comes to browser-based imageboard replacement. I may not have a lot of time in the coming days, but shit it'd really takes a couple hours to at least have this shit up and running.

So in the meantime, what YOU as an user should do is do the exact same thing: start to learn how to fucking Linux already, learn about security, try to have your own servers up and running, and get ready for whatever comes next.

I'm thinking it'll just take one guy to do it and show everyone how easy and convenient it is for everyone to make the switch.

Most anons are still sheltered westerners who dread using anything other than Firefox.

Attention Computer nerds:

I know it's fun to think your hobby or job makes you above the plebs so you can act like a snarky hipster, but if you're going to post something like this here you need to explain it or only the paranoid faggots who are scared of being rounded up in an Alex Jones-tien prison camp will actually take it into consideration.

There's also this if you guys didn't know about it: getaether.net

Last time I checked though, it was slow as shit (as p2p systems usually are).

Man, why isn't there an /int/ board on there? It seems like the site is very active.

Lanio, everything but MX-15 melts it.

Good fucking luck with that. Really.

I mean, it's all there and it works. How to run your own in 2016 is quite a different thing. I mean, if you're ready to blindly run closed-source binaries, go ahead, because most projects AREN'T open source. The very few open source ones never got the exposure the rest of the open source projects got for some reason, possibly because BBS were already out of fashion, and while certainly functional, remain more than untested for bugs and exploits. The rest are licensed for up to $50 a month. If there only is a *nix version, because most are DOS, OS/2 or Amiga, and have to be ran in emulators and VMs.

That means your options for an open source, not abandoned, multi platform solution are very limited. Here's what I'd recommend myself:
- Synchronet: the closest to what you'd hope to find
- WWIV: pretty good and in C++
- Maximus
- EleBBS
- That's it!
- I guess I could also mention MysticBBS, it's a great BBS, free, and sources have been released sporadically, but no sources for the latest version, and I think it's written in pascal.

I don't know about Usenet, though I'd expect the situation to be a tad better than BBS.

if we kickstart this, I'd be more than willing to chip in. anything for pure free speech and image boards. I do kind of wish we could discuss occult matters more.

if there is quality stuff available already, why don't you show us and make it clear so people actually know how to use it. all of this shit is too confusing and some people prefer to spend their time learning other subjects than computers unless they absolutely have to

So 0chan is where I go right?
Anyone know who the admins there are?

That's what he presented in his second post

Though this discussion is more about the technical considerations, which can't be put in simpler words. Either you learn about computers or you won't be able to do that properly. But regardless it's only a preoccupation for admins.

When it comes to users, it will still require some fiddling beyond what normies usually do. Usenet has fancy clients with GUIs, but still will require you to request accounts, filter data, and understand the server structure. BBS is 100% command-line interface and ASCII menus, and you'll need minimal terminal knowledge to even start it.

What are you on about, negro?

I have been developing apps for zeronet since its conception, I have never seen a site seized.

I have the admin's email address if you want it. He is a pretty nice guy.

unable to resolve 8ch.net, no address associated with host name""

what does this mean?

oth chans have been blocked for weeks and barely work at all. i try computer, cellphone, tablet, gfs cell, gfs tablet. no change. try my wifi, neighbor wifi, walmart wifi, dunkin donuts wifi, get the same error on every device on every network, FOR WEEKS. i even bought a new tablet and drove to different cities to try connecting with new devices and networks. i cant connect to any sites except kikebook and jewgle, not even 4chan works.

i have been trying to post this for weeks. if you see this message please help. i think ISPs are censoring

if you have ever used SQL for microstation CAD programs (linking geometry to part nos et cetera in cad file, in workspace, live for all drawings) you should already know how decentralized databases work, they are not new. not saying it is easy or cheap, just that it has been done.

Try linking 104.20.82.196 to Holla Forums's domains ( 8ch.net banners.8ch.net sys.8ch.net softserve.8ch.net media.8ch.net and media2.8ch.net ) in your hostfile

This way you don't have to do DNS queries anymore. Direct access by IP works only if you forge the host header because of Cloudflare script kiddy protection.

fucking spam protection

Having the same problem.

alt.chan.infinity.pol

What's a good usenet client for Android?

On what nntp server though?

That dingbat wasn't poisoned, she was taken down by memes. She started to make herself sick with every word that came out of her own pandering mouth until she finally collapsed. The memes made it all clear to her.

If nobody's mentioned it yet, check out 0chan using ZeroNet

FUCKING SAVED

We also have a bug out bag thread going here if anyone is interested

im not much of a tech person so how about some tutorials on

thanks devs!

The only real issue with that is Telnet is painfully insecure.
You can work around that using tunneling, but if you're doing things that positively require good security I recommend finding some other method.
I've been thinking about dicking around with Gopher protocols, you can actually host an imageboard-esque hole with that stuff.

Is it safe? Is pedoposting more rampant or is it still the same? I don't fancy getting vanned just because this site might die.

Ya.

Would be a good idea to get a shell account on a system in a friendly nation. ssh to your shell then telnet out from their.

it needs to be easy to use for people who can't into tech

USENET is 100x better then BBS's. It pre-dated them and out lived them.

BBS's would be OK if you only wanted a small bunker for a few in-the-know people. The big drawback is that little bunker only lives on one machine and if its knocked out then the whole thing is gone. BBS's are from a dialup POTS world.

USENET on the other hand was designed in the pre-WWW networked world. Combine it with some encryption and your golden.

>1.39 MB

our opponents are many, but they're also retarded.

I'm still looking into nnntp, endchan, and others as our bunkers if / when shit goes down. Have we decided a place yet?

When running non linux, it's just one click install on windows.

Linux just start a script. Really can't get easier, than just launching a program.

And it's great for pirating content compared to BitTorrent where the only sites worth a shit are private requiring ratios to max speeds.

This, honestly. Why you niggers feel it's necessary to make things more complicated than they already are is beyond me.

In the event of SHTF, I have a mobile HF rig with a linear amplifier that allows my to increase distance.
If we have a way of using base CB to pass along critical information to the network base, it can then be sent up to a mobile broadcaster to distribute to Anons at large.
Possibilities here?
Limitations:
Single point information distribution
Potential to be overtaken by shills (low)
DXing (Get around this by broadcast location change and using code groups to determine the next broadcast time).