What other series are there out there like Star wars worth checking out...

What other series are there out there like Star wars worth checking out? I can't be bothered with Disney's shit any more but I like having a functional sci fi series to get cozy with.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/co/res/745153.html
boards.420chan.org/sagan/res/56048.php
web.archive.org/web/20080510111733/http://www.airshipentertainment.com/buck.html
atariage.com/comics/
baldwinpage.com/spacetrawler/
schlockmercenary.com/
outrim.comicdish.com/
freefall.purrsia.com/
swfchan.com/34/169316/?Bounty Girl Comic_000.swf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

French science fiction comics are a good place to start, Lucas (or at least his concept artists were) was heavily influenced by them.

Isn't there a movie being based off of that?

Yeah, and I bet you anything the same thing happens to it that happened to John Carter John Carter should have had full nudity, tbh

Well that sucks. I was hoping it would have some nudity or weird shit due to Luc Besson directing it.

Comics or cartoons?
I've made some comic suggestions in
8ch.net/co/res/745153.html

But for cartoons…
Light Years? Time Masters? Starchaser? Starcom? Titan AE?

If you rule out manga and anime it doesn't leave much TBH.

I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong. I'll probably see it anyways just because the art design looks nice.

Could you suggest some manga and anime, they are after all just Japanese comics and cartoons.

Agreed.

Okey doke. The anons here will sperg, though.

Thanks, I appreciate it! The only one of those I've watched is Cowboy Bebop.

De nada. Here's some moar.

TBH I'm not a huge fan of either (hear me out), but any good Sci fi series always ends up with a shit load of comics. Which is why I thought here was a good place to ask.

Cowboy Bebop is offensively bland.

No mention of Gundam, Getter Robot, Great Maziger, Tekkaman etc.? For shame.

I don't anything about Warhammer 40k, but that's a grim dark space opera series, right? Does it have comics?

Has a shit load of everything but none of it is good quality. It's just so much is made every autism is covered.

Image revival of Prophet

Depends, if anyone wanted space(not just space invaders) along with their sci-fi then most aren't included.

why did you make this on Holla Forums

Why doesn't the west make more space shit?

The dream of space exploration in America died years ago.

I linked some hard SF on 420chan a while back, if you like more 2001-type stuff.

boards.420chan.org/sagan/res/56048.php

isn't there anyone to stop hollywood from ruining gdecent comics?

try the Metabarons
also checked one named "the ring of the seven worlds" short but ok

Stargate definitely fits the "comfy" descriptor. It manages to be light hearted and fun while never taking away from the drama. And it's got some of the funniest episodes of any Sci-fi show ever.

What do you mean exactly? Fantasy set in space or a story with science fiction elements?
If you are into cartoons, the closest thing to Star Wars in general is probably Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys.
In American comics, Marvel's 2004 - 2011 space comics have similar blend of adventure, military conflicts, sci-fy that SW has, but with a dash of superheroing and Ditko's mythology.

First and foremost, John Carter needed an animation instead of live action. Something that shares spirit with Heavy Metal animated films, but done in an art style that is similar to Frazetta's paintings and illustrations.

What's the title of the comic that 4th picture is from?

It's is by far my favorite "team goes on wacky adventures in space" genre (also known as "star trek knocksoffs") series. Including Star Trek.
SG1 only gets better and better with each season. 9&10 have a huge shift, since the cast changes, but I find them still immensely enjoyable.

Space battleship Yamato is a gud anime like it, also LOtGH
off topic sage

Is Stargate: Atlantis any good?

Oh yeah, it's the same show with another setting. A bit darker, and it gets to go back to the "humans strapped for resources against a overwhelming enemy.

I think it starts out weak, but gets better with time.
Though, in my opinion, it always has far more problems than SG1. Weaker villains (literally Space Vampires), more annoying characters and generally less fun main cast, but it's still a bretty good show in the end.

I'll check it out later but I was told by Holla Forums that it goes to shit over halfway through the show.

first go for SG1. This one starts out okay, then gets really good, then gets "just good".
Atlantis has mixed opinions. Some think it starts out bad but gets better, some think it starts out good and goes to shit.

Remember to start with SG1. Atlantis Starts around the 8th season or so of SG1 and the two actually have plots that effect each other.

Am I the only one prefer Stargate the movie? Seeing McGyver suddenly use gun was pretty jarring for me.

Roland pls leave.
Your reboot aint happening anymore. Nobody likes the original SG.

Oh fuck you man. It was fun, simple, and the nerd got the hot chick in the end. He's also trapped in a planet with ancient Egypt culture with weird food and probably a very hairy pussy

Okay thanks anons.

I'm not saying the movie was bad, but it's honestly a completely different beast than the show. And when the show has 13 years worth of air time, it's not even a question to ask which one more people will prefer

weir is a cunt, shepard is cool, and mckay is a gem, also the 4th season has carter, and 5th has the Doctor from ST Voyager

Furthermore:
Ronon is boring, Teyla is fucking annoying, Carson is gold.
But they are nothing compared to the true hero of Atlantis, Todd

The John Carter comics pre-2014 were pretty great.

There's Fugitoid, from Eastman and Laird before Turtles, and Interstellar Overdrive.

On line:

Buck Godot: zap gun for hire.
web.archive.org/web/20080510111733/http://www.airshipentertainment.com/buck.html

Atari Force
atariage.com/comics/

Spacetrawler
baldwinpage.com/spacetrawler/

Schlock Mercenary
schlockmercenary.com/

Outrim
outrim.comicdish.com/

Freefall
freefall.purrsia.com/

Didn't that robot show up in a TMNT comic? I know I've seen him before.

Yeah, after Fugitoid was cancelled, they wrapped up his story in a crossover with TMNT that also explained their origin, and introduced the Utroms, which were the inspiration for Warlord Krang from the cartoon, and the Triceratons.
Fugitoid has shown up in one form or another in most versions of the Turtles.

And there used to be Bounty Girl, a comic published in Flash form.

swfchan.com/34/169316/?Bounty Girl Comic_000.swf

I guess the artist is too busy with Cartoon Network to do this any more.

Plastic Little, when you want sci fi action and a boner at the same time. Also Sol Bianca is actually pretty amazing. You think an all strong female cast tend to lead to SJW stories but not this one. It's actually done pretty well. Too bad it's rarely known.

Sauce on the second pic?

Link to torrent?

Not really, nothing that's new

Was the Jonah Hex series set in the future any good?

You know, I really wanted to post this one advert for Hex that was better than any of the covers they used.

It was Hex drawing on a sabertoothed tiger, a woman with a spear, and a guy on a floating disk, and the line was "In a violent new world, old habits die hard."

Does anyone have it? It was in Crisis On Infinite Earths #6, but all the online copies I found have the advertisements removed.

Sorry for bumping an old thread. I must list all the series here so I can find them later.

Listing done. Also sage because it's just an update.

I'm enjoying it so far.

Another one go to the list. Also I'm busy listing stuff from the 420chan link.

I've read an issue and heard it's good but never really saw a lot of in depth discussion or anything relating to it. It just happens and then vanishes. Storytime?

Do you have any more WojackXPepa?