Star Wars Empire - To The Last Man

Do you remember Holla Forums, do you remember when Star Wars was a thing surging with creativity? When great video games (Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy, Battlefront 1 & 2, Tie Fighter), comics (Empire, Republic, Jango Fett: Open Seasons), and fan art were made with joy and genuine inspiration? Do you remember when Star Wars was good, when its universe was consistent and had internal logic? When Star Wars was for people like us?

I do. Hopefully I can remind you, for this is our culture and they seek to take it from you.

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Janek_Sunber
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/7723751/.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

member berry jokes aside I would like to see the old Star Wars comics again from Darkhorse.

I remember finding this issue in a library once. Good comic.

I'll be posting all my favorite ones when I'm not making symbiote threads or shitposting. (I'll probably do Jango Fett: Open Seasons after this story)

To be continued…

Before I post the next issue I just want to take a moment to appreciate the artist on this series, Davide Fabbri, an Italian. A true talent and a gift to the world, he's done art for countless comics in many genres, but mainly scifi.

I'm getting a Zulu vibe from this.

Back to the riveting story of Janek Sunber and the Aminin!

Oh absolutely, there's no way anything like would be published by Disney/Marvel.

What do you think the chances are of Disney ever having an Imperial character like Sunber again? From what I've seen of their comics, every Imperial is either a coward, a bad shot, an idiot, all three of those, or a traitor.

To be concluded…

We'll never get anything like this with the current state of our media. No books, no comics, no games, no movies. It's all gone.

You're probably right, but perhaps if we can remind people of what could be, what once was… then perhaps it will return.

Thanks for posting these comics, user. I don't often lurk Holla Forums and rarely comment, but storytimes like this makes me feel like we might reclaim what we've lost.

As long as we keep the spirit of these things alive in us, and continue to pass it on to others, it will never die.

The end. Remember Holla Forums:

All duty is sacrifice, and sometimes that sacrifice provides its own reward.

That was beautiful user. We need more Star Wars like this.

Gage is still a cowardly cunt, though.

Thanks user, have a lovely Christmas and a happy New Year!

Thank you all for reading. I'll be back eventually with Jango Fett: Open Seasons. I hope you'll get something out of it as well.

Good read-through though. This would never have happened under the current regime unless Sunber was a woman or something, and even then it would have still been an unlikely result and definitely much less skillfully written.

She also would have had to defect at the end and give a speech in front of the tribunal telling them what bigots they are and how the empire is an evil fascist organization.

Are there any other good comics with Sunber or was this his only time to shine?

There went on to be several stories about him, he was even tempted to defect to the Rebel Alliance put the idea disgusted him. His story ended ambiguously as to whether he perished in a certain battle with Luke Skywalker Janek is one of Luke's friends from Tattoine that went to join the Imperial Academy, his nickname was Tank and he's mentioned in A New Hope

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Janek_Sunber

There's even a toy of him.

but', not put

None of the other stories are nearly as good, though. At least not in my opinion.

I was gonna wait a day to post this one, but I had so much fun reading To The Last Man that I decided to post another cool Star Wars comic. I'll probably watch the prequels after this

Jango Fett: Open Season

I can't believe I left off the s on Open Seasons

I like how the truly good bits of old Star Wars all complimented each other, each piece made the universe feel richer.

Maybe I'm biased, actually I absolutely am, but I feel that Darkhorse dealt with "war" part of Star Wars much more honestly than Marvel does.

To be continued…

Say what you like about Marvel, but Dark Horse never came up with Jaxxon.

….

Part 2

To be continued…

The end.

Again, thanks user. I returned to the thread to see if you'd continued.

god, these are good comics. fucking jedi.

No not really

Their Clone Wars story arcs were pretty grim.

Were those before the Clone Wars Genndy Tartakovsky series or after?

They were happening at the same time, just separately and in comic form. I'll post them in a bit.

The Battle for Kamino!

RIP Brave Mon Calamari Commander

End.

OH SHIT ALPHA 17

THATS MY DOG MAN

Yeah to bad he was sealed the fate of old star wars EU fuckery of never being seen again after a certain pale bitch took him to deep space.

He got off lucky to be honest. Disney will never rape him, just like they'll never touch Kyle Katarn.

Alpha 17 is technically Rex actually

Lucas actually got mad at how in the 2012 cartoon series 3 main characters will have names starting with As Anakin,Asohka, and Alpha so he ordered the clones name changed.

God I miss these Star Wars comics.

Then you never were a Star Wars fan.

Old canon had an entire group whose job was to determine if something overlapped and was inconsistent with another story. Anything that they ruled was canon, was canon. The only guy who could overrule them was Lucas.

They didn't do their job very well
The guy who retroactively made Obi-Wan's entire exposition to Luke about the Clone Wars either a lie or a symptom of dementia?

the guy who made star wars

Then you are a sexist, racist, homophobic, white nationalist.

Lucas made an unreadable script which had to be beaten into shape by his agent and an unwatchable movie which had to be beaten into shape by his ex-wife. Even after that Star Wars was in violent flux over basic points like whether Anakin Skywalker was Darth Vader or whether they really wanted to hire another actress to play Luke's sister when they've got Princess Leia right there.

This. Also EU is filled with wish fulfillment characters and too much super weapon. They are trying so hard to one up the Death Star.

Its funny seeing the Mon Calimari join the Separatists. Since in both clone wars cartoons they're portrayed as being part of the republic. I guess continuity wasn't up to snuff or something.

There used to be a copypasta floating around about a Super Star Destroyer so huge that the bridge crew had all gone mad from agoraphobia looking at the mile-high front viewing port, and the engine room crew had gone feral, cannibal, and started their own cargo cult religion. You needed smaller space ships to get from one end to the other…

I want RLM/Disney shills to leave.

Not that different from the current canon then.

Oh I remember these. They were actually on the game disc of Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for free.

Was that an actual ship in the EU or just some fanfic ship?

it's always great to see the real heroes of Star Wars.

I think it was made up for some dumb roleplay on space battles.

I know it was fan made but it felt like classic Empire. Inefficiencies everywhere, jarring problems that got ignored and typical Sith touch here and there.

Well it's still making money

The hell?

Sounds like that mixed up with suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/7723751/.

It's an old joke about the size/power creep of Imperial capital ships in the EU and fanfics. There was another funny one I can't find at the moment that was even bigger than that joke ship that had a manifest of whole armies, docked fleets, millions of crew…and one grand piano.

What is it about the Empire that makes it so appealing?

No, nigger are you serious? Star Wars has always been a bland and soulless product, that hasn't changed at all. The new EU is the same fucking shit it's always been, empty tie ins made for the sole purpose of wringing a few bucks out of the hands of people attached to what is ultimately a pretty limited and shit franchise by appealing to their nostalgia and blind love. The only thing, and I mean only thing that's changed, is that those crappy tie-ins got crappier, without the one or two actual good things the old EU had to offer, it's just become more apparent how utterly empty and pointless SW and it's expanded universe is and always has been.

Star Wars is shit, it's always been shit, it should have been the original three movies and that's all. Anybody who says otherwise is an overgrown child attached to a property whose sole reason for existence is to print money.

The Brilliant designs

What's really changed outside of the quality dropping extensively and a new progressive agenda being pushed? Don't get me wrong, that's shittier than the old EU, but the old EU was no shining beacon of wondrous creativity and magic. Outside of one or two very rare instances where a good character or story got shoved in somewhere.

SW fans are just salty that the stupid, pointless shit that never mattered in the first place that they loved was finally proven stupid, pointless, and only slightly less shit than what could come afterwards.

wat
the prequels had the best music, they also had great visuals, special effects and introduced a lot of new ideas to the sw universe, which felt small and all black/white in the ot.

Fuck you.

Does anything else NEED to change?

What could've been….

I read these when I was in middle school/high school these are the kinds of graphic novels that made me a huge star wars fan.

Too bad they've been wiped from cannon.

This makes me think of how even back during the days of the old EU the canon contradicted itself a lot. Like how the Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars contradicted the CGI one a bit. Granted it can be argued the CGI one fit in the middle of the Genndy one. But even then it contradicts stuff like the Mandalorians how there was the New Mandalorians and the Deathwatch. In the CGI one there's the pacifists and Deathwatch.

The CGI clone wars cartoon started in 2007 and was the beginning of the end for Star Wars. There were a few decent episodes, but overall it was trash that shit all over the canon. It was the first thing to really change everything. Arc Troopers, specific battles, the way the force works, Darth Maul, the cgi clone wars cartoon was absolute shit.

The New Mandalorians were a fuck you to fans of the Mando's at the time, as the Mandalorians were known throughout all of canon as being the SW equivalent of Spartans, except EVERYONE was required to serve, male and female.

And then the New Mandalorians came around, and they became pacifists on the ground that the war brought them nothing good. Except, dozens of planets that are permanent Mandalorian, the belief that Mando's are super-soldiers, and the added income of Mandalorian mercenaries.

Fuck I hated that story arc.

That's bullshit. The CGI clone wars was fucking great!

Darth Maul coming back from the dead was great, turning the madolarians into cucks was great, giving Anakin a n apprentice that was never mentioned in Episode 3 was great?

Fuck off.

Anakin with an apprentice who leaves before Episode III makes sense. He's a Jedi Knight, and as a Knight it's his responsibility to begin training the next generation of Jedi. Lets not forget that he was one of the most celebrated, and gifted Jedi of his time (having been able to kill several Jedi, including the training master, at the same time). It only makes sense that the Jedi Council would want him to train a few padawans into Knights. They'd be learning from the best.

I thought only Jedi Masters could train Padawan though? I do like his characterization and Matt Lanter voicing him. Makes him feel more like the hero of the old Republic.

Yeah, okay. They had an out in Rebels with Vader killing her, but they fucked that up. Dave Filloni is a garbage storyteller.

Obi-Wan was a Knight when he first started training Anakin, and it's common for a Knight to take on an Apprentice before he becomes a Master, as a kind of final trial, a "Can you train the next generation?". Obi-Wan passed, obviously, as by Episode III he was a Master.

Blame that on money grubbing.

No, I'll blame it on the storyteller. There is no excuse for telling a bad story.

You know I had my own idea of how it would've went down if Vader fought Ashoka. I still think my headcanon was better than what we got.

Bad storytelling comes down to (at this point) the fact that they wanna get as much money out of her as possible.

She should have died by Vader's hand, and maybe she will, but as of now, Disney makes too much money off her.

This is where your point falls apart. Vader died in Return of the Jedi, he is still their biggest money maker.

My guess Disney going to put her in coma after a huge fight with Vader (giving her an excuse for not appearing in original trilogy) and woke her up for Star Wars Eps 8 or 9. PROFIT!

I saw the episode where the 2 fight. Its unknown what happens to her but its implied she survives.

Who wants to read an old Star Wars comic about a peaceful conservative alien planet being subverted by an (((outsider)))?

Also, it actually has aliens in it and none of the characters are from the movies.

Sure man why not. Also, Isn't Kidi Ada Mundi in the movies?

Story time us daddy

This comic was written before the prequels, just like Aayla Secura, he was a character who first appeared in the expanded universe.

Can't have that in Disney Star Wars.

Why does this remind me of Tokugawa Japan?

I love these expanded universe comics because the creators were allowed to use their imagination and do all kinds of interesting stuff. The atmosphere and quality really reminds me of Franco-Belgian scifi comics.

Oh look at that, a non-force user can't handle a saber. How strange.

Do you want to see what happens in the next issue?

Yes please!

Issue #2 is where the action starts heating up.

That 2nd pic, is that Hitchhiker Guide To Galaxy reference?

I would guess, yes.

I just realized his face was painted on. I thought he was wearing a ski mask.

Do you think there would ever be a Disney Star Wars comic that points out how a system like the republic leads to unique planets in the galaxy being turned into multicultural slums?

No I don't think so. Its kind of sad reading this because I see this happening with the city side of my home state.

The Prequels and the expanded universe surrounding them were full of realpolitik. It's why the man-children who loved the simplistic good vs evil dichotomy of the original trilogy hated them. It's also part of the reason why the mainstream media smeared them so hard. The Prequels make the goyim think about politics, they're not meant to think.

R.I.P. Ydde

wow Maj has no standards does he?

Maj is a cunt

Touche.

But Vader is the exception I think. He's such a badass, that Lucas had a hard time even being able to show it. When people saw him walk in and pick a grown man up by his neck and break it, people knew that guy was there to fuck shit up.

Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Darth Maul when he was dead all kept on selling merchandise after they died on screen. They could have easily killed Ahsoka then made comics about her time inbetween Clone Wars and Rebels. It was just bad storytelling, there is no excuse.

Is it me or do those Divnik things look like space gremlins.

I kind of see it too.

Boba Fett was a weird character for me. In the movies I never cared for him. In the comics and EU he was a bad ass who felt more badass than his onscreen counterpart.

That's because in the original trilogy he wasn't really a character. The expanded universe fleshed him out, and then Lucas payed homage to that fleshed out character with Jango in the prequels.

That explains why I liked Jango better.

Fans gave Lucas a lot of shit, but it's clear that he wanted to make something that would make everyone happy while at the same time allowing him to get across the points he meant to be there in the original trilogy but that most missed. A lot of people didn't sympathize with Vader in the original trilogy even though Lucas saw him as a tragic character from the start.

The cover has nothing to do with the main story in this comic, btw.

Damsels in distress, pretty problematic, tbh.

Note the first page, droids aren't considered sentient by most even though they are. Also note how The Force Awakens white-washes this aspect of the Star Wars universe with all the good guys, Rey, Poe, and Finn viewing droids as sentient. No nuance or grey morality is allowed in Disney Star Wars. (Rogue One was a bit better with this)

The look on Slyvns face woud make a good reaction image.

What'd you think Holla Forums? And what type of Star Wars comic would you like storytimed next?

That was a great story user. So what was Bron's true allegiance? Was he secretly working for the Trade Federation or part of some larger scheme?

I'm not exactly sure, I believe later on he is revealed to be one of Sheev's many pawns.

Storytiming this comic made me remember how much I loved the Order 66 sequence in Revenge of the Sith. The death of all the characters in it may have meant little to those who just watched the movies, but these were characters with massive histories.

Agreed it was so well executed. I feel sometimes that the material from the EU could be incorporated into the prequels and movies in general.

I think what Dark Horse did with the Star Wars comics will come to be seen as one of the best things to ever come out of the franchise in the future. The sheer wealth of stories they told is impressive. There's stories from the Old Republic era, and stories that take place over 100 years after Return of the Jedi, and they all worked together (not counting the Tales series which was deliberately not canon, that's where the first Darth Maul coming back from the dead story came from)

Who wants to read another story about Janek Sunber?

This story takes place after To the Last Man (the first comic I storytimed here) If you read that, you're ready to read this. So get comfy and prepare to read:

Star Wars Empire: The Wrong Side of the War

Starring Janek Sunber

Same writer and artist as the last Sunber tale.

I remember that one.

End of Part 1

So Holla Forums are you reading and ready for part 2, or should I wait until later to post the rest?

I just woke up and I must catch up with the comics ya posted. But keep up the great work mate.

Top tier, keep it coming please.

Part 2

this Imperial lady would make a top tier waifu

Part 3

Tank mentioned around the 1:30 mark.

Oh, now I remember this issue, got it at a Borders when I was 12. Good times.

Is this a euphemism for something?

please more sire

Ha thats why I love old star wars comics when they do this shit.

Though kinda sad Sunbar will join the rebel scum

Sorry for the wait, I fell asleep, but I think you'll b pleased with the results.

Part 5

It's funny you say that because the conflict in the prequels were just as black and white. You're just a retard fanboy in the truest sense, blind to the lack of quality in your favorite property because you've tied your inherent worth to it.

Are you one of the mods or something? You seem to be following me around. Star Wars is not my favorite property, I don't have a favorite property, but feel free to believe that. What I like are good stories, good movies, good comics, and good books.

Enjoy being autistic, fam.

Not that I know of, I'm probably not the only person here who's called you retarded. We don't all have the same shit taste you do.

I'm genuinely curious as why you're trying to troll me. Do you think telling me I have shit taste is going to upset me?

If you don't like these comics, don't read them. Go find some that you do like and enjoy the new year.

I really hope you're not that autist who wrote that shitty dark elf assassin comic, that would just be sad

End of The Wrong Side of the War

There is one more story featuring Janek Sunber, unfortunately it has a different writer and artist, not as good as the first two arcs, but still worth reading. Tell me when you all are ready for it and I'll post it.

That faggot? No, I'm not him. We're in agreement there in regards to his shit comic being filled to the brim with cringe. However, that doesn't keep me from thinking you're a retard for thinking the politics presented in the prequels are any good, or that the conflict is at any point 'grey'. It's fucking evil robots lead by a cackling evil wizard who shoots electricity out of his hands manipulating a bunch of retards into electing him Emperor so he can order the murder of a bunch of children and space monks.

It's actually about a politician slowly using Machiavellian tactics to control both sides of a war he started in an attempt to create order out of chaos and gain power. The Prequels touch on the themes of free will, destiny, duty, love, politics, and much more. But art is subjective and I suppose simple minds will always seek to simplify the things that they read, watch, or experience.

No one can stop someone like you from mistaking your own stupidity for someone else's stupidity.

Also, I'd say the biggest theme of The Prequels, and all of Lucas' work in general is about the fact that organization, structure, and bureaucracy are ultimately corrupting forces that lead to ruin. The Prequels deliberately showed the Jedi Order in a negative light, you were meant to sympathize with Anakin during his fall to the dark side, I will say that this could have been done better. If there was only one actor instead of two who portrayed Anakin throughout the three films I think people would have felt more connected to his character and the point of the story.

If you honestly think Lucas is a dummy I'd suggest you watch THX 1138 and some of his interviews he did about Joseph Campbell and mythology. He's a pretty clever guy.

Not the user you were taking to but I kind of agree with you on the themes of the prequels I think the execution could've been better though.

Absolutely, they're by no means perfect. They definitely could have been better. But they're not bad either.

bumping because I'm not done reading

Its sad nowadays that the Marvel comics are so inferior to the Darkhorse stuff. Hell even the Vader comic which is the best of the Marvel Star Wars stuff is still not as good as this stuff.

What are you talking about? Dark Horse stuff is already way more superior than Marvel for years.

Keep it coming champ

Nice, keep the momentum up!

At least they're still publishing legrnds.

Neck yourself, you cuck.

Get ready for the conclusion of Janek Sunber's story, get ready for,

My Brother, My Enemy

Part 1

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post.

End of Part 1

Tell me when you're ready for the next bit.

I'm ready fam.

End of Part 2

Part 3

MK Ultra Edition

Part 4

There's a few hickups in this arc, but I do really enjoy Janek's inner thoughts

End of Part 4

Tell me when you're ready for the ending.

noice. Is this an example of tracing thats okay or is tracing never okay?

Why would I give a shit what a jew thinks?

I like those suits the rebels have. They look pretty badass.

getting real tired of these Disney shills….

The EU actually managed to occasionally make the Rebels cool. By making the Empire more gray they were also able to make the Rebels more gray, thus making them cooler because goody-two-shoes virtue signalling moral stand-in characters are never cool, something Disney wont ever understand.

In order for people to like the Rebels, the Rebels have to be able to lose, they need to be able to make mistakes, otherwise they're unsympathetic. In order for them to lose the Empire has to be dangerous. Think about how everything plays out in The Force Awakens, there isn't a single moment where you're scared of the First Order.

That's actually a great way of putting it. I never even thought about it that way.

I hope you all are ready for,

Part 5

I just realized now that a lot of the rebel ships are old Separatist ships.

The remaining forces of the Separatists are what became the Rebellion in the beginning. At least that's how it was before they retconned everything in the CGI Clone Wars cartoon.

Huh interesting. I always thought it was because of Bail Organa or something.

It was a lot of the factors, numerous different groups. But in the CGI cartoon they retconned it so that all the Separatists are just dumb bad guys and that the first Rebels were trained by the Republic. The whole Saw Guerrara bullshit from Rogue One.

Its funny that with the new cannon I see a lot of people clamoring for the CGI Clone Wars cartoon. Thanks to your post I now remember all the flaws of that cartoon. And how it jumbled in the continuity.

The End

That was the last comic that ever featured Janek "Tank" Sunber. Hope you all enjoyed it, Holla Forums

Mandalorians went from a spartan like race to democratic hippies and street punks.
Darth Maul went from dead to alive.
The Force became something totally different.
Arc Troopers went from being specially bred clones to nothing more than a position any clone could reach.
Anakin was given a padawan that apparently lives in the Original Trilogy timeline, even though him having a padawan is never mentioned in Revenge of the SIth or anything else.
Etc, etc, etc

Don't get me wrong, the series had a few cool arcs about clones and other stuff, but overall it was bad and marked the beginning of the end for Star Wars.

Personally I liked the Darth Maul stuff but I agree with you on the rest.

Hey, if you liked it you liked it. No shame in having your own tastes. Personally I wish Star Wars stopped pretending to have a canon at this point. It'd be better if people just enjoyed the individual stories for what they are instead of worrying about what the morons working for Disney/Lucas Film claim is kosher.

Personally, for me, Star Wars has six movies, it tells the complete story of Anakin's fall and then his redemption through his son. Anything after or before that is fanfiction to me. Some of it is good fanfiction, some of it is bad, but it's nothing I'm going to take too seriously.

Soo.. US/Canadian politics?

Does anyone have any recommendations for what type of comic they'd like to see next? Clone Wars, Galactic Civil War, or something else entirely?

Wait so was Trudeau some kind of master manipulator or something?

I'd like to see some Clone Wars stuff.

As you wish.

Hmmm, this is a bad scan. I'm going to try to find a better one.

Thanks user. Take your time.

I'm downloading a different copy, while we wait for that I'll post some other clone wars comics, you don't really need to read this series in order.

The set-up for this comic is simple, Obi-Wan and Alpha (an Arc Trooper) are being held captive and tortured by Asajj Ventress.

I know it's just an opinion, but I like this origin story for Ventress far more than the whole Dathomir witch thing. Even if this didn't come first, I'd still prefer it

Gonna post a couple more standalone stories.

Star Wars - Republic: Armor

Goddmanit, I fucked this up.

Voss is boss

Symmetry, order, formation.

That's what i can form for now.

Dont worry man.

New thread when?

I wasn't aware of her origin before the CGI series. I thought she was just some assassin Dooku hired to fuck with Anakin in the Genndy series. Still awesome though.