Storytime - CAGE! #3 (of 4)

Now with bonus Gwenpool #9.

It's that time once again, anons. Another month, another issue in the four-part epic that is Genndy Tartakovsky's CAGE!

Storytime CAGE! and get one Gwenpool for free!

It's like a real comic shop here :^)

If we had someone complaining about how offensive the art in CAGE! is, it certainly would be.

End of CAGE! #3

Bonus: The Unbelievable Gwenpool #9

Your fucking crazy Tartakovsky. I love it.

End of Storytime

And that's it for this month. I really enjoyed CAGE!, of course, and I thought that Gwenpool was up to its usual standards of 'decent, but not amazing' that still puts it head and shoulders above most of the rest of Marvel's current output.

What did you guys think?

Holla Forums in a nutshell

I weep at the swan song of a dying industry

fucking classy

Both these stories were awesome user. Thanks for posting them.

Dr. Soos reminds me of Vincent Price for some reason.

What?
Is he apologizing for some sort of microagression of sorts?

What?

Shit, I missed the last one.

He's doing a standard smart-guy joke. Anthropomorphizing is attributing human personality to things that are not human. Think of it like believing you hurt your computer's feelings when you call it a piece of shit toaster. A computer is a machine, and has no personality or emotions, but for the moment you think of it as human. That's anthropomorphizing it.

Now the TERRIBLE TINKERER, being a smart guy, realizes that he's talking to a machine, and that any emotions or personality he attributes to that machine is him anthropomorphizing it. The writer is demonstrating that the TERRIBLE TINKERER is a smart guy by having be aware of an innate tendency of the human mind to give non-human things human personalities.

There, I have now fully and completely explained the joke to you.

Both Cage and Gwenpool are making other mainstream comics look like dogshit.

Hastings has been turning in a surprisingly solid comic, mostly thanks to Gurihiru is picking up whatever slack he leaves around. Their art is consistently appealing and a breath of fresh air in a market dominated by poor tumblr artists and Jim Lee knock-offs. I really wonder how much Marvel is paying them.

Tartakovsky is knocking it out of the park. Last month's issue might have been a bit bland, but he's made up for here. "Enter the Dragon" with Dr. Suess and his zoo crew is pure comic book fun. I don't think it can be overstated on how good Tartakovsky is at dynamic storytelling. The layouts and pacing for this comic utilizes the medium to it's fullest.

I bet you don't even anoint it with sacred oils you fucking meatbag

That doombot was clearly showing emotions, primarily fear and confusion.
Why would he apologize for something like that if he assumes upon further inspection that a machine cannot feel fear or shame?
Why do most of marvel comics look like Disney comics knock-offs? Is it because Marvel's owned by Disney or because most of these artists grew up inspired by those?
And why are you writing TERRIBLE TINKERER in caps?

I don't get that either. He's not DOOM or DIO. There's no need for the caps.

are you not a native english speaker?
he isnt apologizing, in this context "Im sure Im guilty of" is rhetorically pointing out a flaw in himself.

Or RUBY RHOD!

I think he's soo talented, don't you?

Yes, but why?
He knows the machine doesn't care.
He gets his fill of social interaction with customers.
There is no reason to say that entire sentence.
"A reaction! Incredible! … Can you feel emotions?"
There, no bullshit, no extra speech bubble space taken up by stupid text which I'm pretty sure is just Marvel virtue signalling about microagressions.
Why didn't they whrite this if they wanted to take up as much space as possible with empty words?

off by one…
this is not my day

Damn shame this won't get a continuation.

You can do a lot with a hat and lighting

You don't see that much anymore

I'd love to see this as a cartoon. Maybe with Phil LaMarr as Cage.

Most probably on Netflix considering they can't run shit on adult swim

God stop looking for ways to get offended

… i mean annoyed

Why does adult swim not like Tartakovsky?

It has nothing to do with offending the machine, its merely him being guilty of doing something unscientific and human.

Ex assuming a monkey is smiling because its happy is unscientific, but a common misconception, virtue of anthropomorphization. Monkeys smile as a way of baring their teeth, its more or less anger. Even attributing anger as an emotion to non humans is even unscientific.

Jeez youre annoying

Dont know

Marvel properties are Disney owned, dummy. They wouldn't have it run on a competitor's network.

They could try on Netflix

Maybe you should stick to looking at the pictures

At least mail some money to Gendy

No that was the correct term

So how is the luke cage netflix show?

It has some good stuff, and and is overall very enjoyable. But be prepared for Method Man to perform the cringiest rap you've ever heard.

Basically the story is about the same dynamics of a street level Superman story, with Cottonmouth being a street level 80s Lex Luthor. At some point the show gets pretty Silver Age Superman though

kek

Thats good to hear, i might check it out if i find a link