Annual Holla Forums Animation Awards

As the year draws to a close, it's time for Holla Forums to once again choose its favorite animated movie and show of the CURRENT YEAR. Come vote and tell us why your opinion is objectively correct.

BEST MOVIE
poal.me/ozhx89

BEST SHOW
poal.me/twr8ec

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/co/res/732322.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animated_feature_films_of_2016
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's sad how very little good choices there are for best show.

Littlest pet shop was actually great, and im voting it simply because everything else is awful.

c'mon Holla Forums you can do better

Is The Loud House even that good? Most of the praise I hear for it is just because of the waifus.

It's okay. But in this day and age that's practically a 5 star review.

I would like to suggest that new and running shows be separated in the future, at the very least.

So far Kubo and Wander are in the lead

Surprised Loud House isn't getting more votes.

Kubo was good, but it was Angry Birds that truly captured this years zeitgeist.

And the best animated show this year was clearly Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

I accept that there's enough overlap in fans to allow discussin Jojo over here, but including it in our polls for best cartoon? C'mon guys.

15 or so episodes and it's the best thing I've watched all year, probably last year as well.

I'll vote when I've seen Moana.

you can add options to the poll

I'd watch it if the animation weren't so FUCKING CHOPPY AS SHIT

When everything else looks like potato I'll gadly pick Jojo.

It's unfortunate that DP got such a major budget cut but they did pretty well with what they had. Hopefully they'll make up for shortcomings next season. Maybe even add in motion while characters speak so everyone doesn't just seemingly jump around. It's not a motion comic, guys! You add in the motion. Guess that was due to budget as well.

Still better animated then all the flash level calarts crap the west releases these days.
And I'm enjoying it far more then last season, Stardust Crusaders was a giant cliché mess.

Okay I will.

How do anons not know about limited animation anymore?
It's not at all choppy, they just use HEAPS of smear frames to save money, time and add more comical violence to get past censors.

Now it's super choppy. Just characters walking around looks choppy.

Where's Rick and Morty?

it's been on hiatus all year so I didn't put it in the poll

thats /a/ not Holla Forums. poll invalidated.

might as well just put any random shit you feel like in there.

Why is JoJo in the poll?

8ch.net/co/res/732322.html

Problem?

Reminder that you didn't give a shit about Wander over Yonder or whatever that is till they added your little celery-headed "waifu" in. Duwang trumps everything else combined, by far.

When does this poll close?

what the fuck are you talking about? JJBA is not Holla Forums, its anime.

i know the mod lets you post about jojo here just so that we don't fall off the top boards and fall into obscurity, but that doesn't make it Holla Forums.

It's got a thread on Holla Forums.
That means it's Holla Forums material retard.
You're just butthurt it's doing better then whatever shitty show your waifu is in.

its not Holla Forums because it was not made in the west. its anime.

Yet that definition was never presented in OP, and there's a thread about it, so there's really no argument for you.

damn. Moana votes are pretty low.

And why is Jojo Holla Forums related?

yes there is, jojo is a shitpost thread that the BO allows for some reason, but its anime.

Holla Forums is for western, jojo is anime, why are we arguing about this? you're wrong and its the end of the story, jojo doesn't belong in the poll. with your retarded logic i could make a thread about K-On and keep it bumped by using 100 proxies and it'd be Holla Forums.

because fuck logic.

my theory is that the thread gets a lot of posts and the BO lets it pass because otherwise we wouldn't even have enough posts to be in the top 25. Still, even though i don't mind the threads and like jojo, jojo is not Holla Forums, for the millionth time its anime/manga, it comes from japan, it belongs on an /a/ poll, not a Holla Forums poll.

Why the fuck is the Sly Cooper movie on there? Didn't that get shit canned?

Dunno if it got canned but the release date definitely got pushed back.

never, i think

I made the poll based on this list en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animated_feature_films_of_2016 that said Sly Cooper came out this year. I didnt double check to make sure the dates were right.

The definition used here is animation and Holla Forums, no matter how much you claim otherwise.
Make your k-on thread all you want, it'll get removed, but Jojo wont because it belongs here. But if you somehow succeed you'd be right to add it here, because it would fit the criteria of being Holla Forums and animation (and you could add it regardless because it's an open poll, maybe I'll add TGSNT just for laughs).

The main point about it is though that current year western animation is shit, and voting for an anime that is allowed due to a technicality is like giving the middle finger to all this shitty potatoheaded waifubait.

why? explain your logic behind Jojo being allowed and K-On not, or Attack on titan not.

Because Jojo has active theads on Holla Forums, it's Holla Forums.
K-on and AOT don't, so they're not.
Sure, it's not western animation, which is what seems to be your point, but that was never an established criteria.

tl;dr fuck logic, lets post whatever we want in any board.

No, you're the one eschewing logic, there are very clear criteria and Jojo fits them, if you're so mad about them make your own thread with your own criteria.

if Holla Forums is for comics and cartoons of any origin, then any anime released this year in japan should also be on the list.

It's not, but Jojo is the exception to the rule. Be angry about it all you want, I don't run this board.

k, poll is invalid then.

My god you are really angry about Jojo arn't you?
It fits the polls criteria so it's valid, any whining you have about Jojo being an approved Holla Forums topic you should take to someone who gives a shit.
But you probably won't, and just keep screaming how unfair it is Wander over Yonder or whatever animated abortion you voted for is getting beat by a jap show.

I hate to agree with the anti-anime faggot, but honestly Jojo shouldn't really be listed. Plus Wander deserves to win more than Jojo.

I knew somebody was gonna add Jojo when I made the poll, I just figured the 300+ people on this board would balance it out

Agree all you like, but it's legal.
And Wander is shit. Potatoheads ruin everything.

Disregarding the joke votes, Wander is in the lead with ~26% of the vote

Against what? A MLP ripoff and the waifu house?

If it's in the poll, then it's in the fucking poll.

What?

No one cared about Wander until the green chick came in. Even then it's still just a meh show. Jojo may not be in the category of animation type based on region it works for the poll.

Nah

When did this happened? I like Jojo but it damn sure not Holla Forums.

Its not, people like it here but it honestly shouldn't count as a vote.

lets see if my memory serves me right:

about a year ago when the anime started coming out, retards from /a/ who liked adventure time decided to migrate here and start posting jojo, they built a little fort-thread and started spamming jojo things in literally EVERY thread, it was like bui spam but with jojo instead of random posts.

eventually the BO, under complaints of the users, said "okay please stop spamming my board, i'll allow you to have a thread just keep it contained there because you're dividing the userbase"

tl;dr: /a/ terrorism, like a bunch of muslims move to america and take a city of cuckolds like california or san francisco with sheer numbers, they stablish sharia law in the city and its now officially a caliphate. and then the american government instead of sending the army to kill all of them, they say "ok you can keep the city, just please stop bombing the rest of the country!"

Littlest pet shop

Looks pretty potato to me fam.

Yeah no.
Cry about how all the evil Jojo fans ruined your board, but consider that it might have grown here because of how cancerous the comics and cartoons scene has become in the last couple years. When Marvel and CN tell you that men are evil mysogynists, an anime that revels in muscular men doing flamboyant things becomes a breath of fresh air.

You mean simple cartoony style

thats some nice mental gymnastics user, it shows that you really tried, but jojo is still an anime from eastern origin that belongs on /a/, not Holla Forums. its always been the rule, Holla Forums is for western things, /a/ for eastern.

only reason you are allowed to shitpost here is because the BO is a pussy ass faggot who was afraid that the board would be "underpopulated" so he let the unrelated offtopic shitposting in.

i know you Holla Forumstards love those meme candidates, so i'll throw in an analogy for you, the BO here is like bernie sanders, hes a cuck who gets upstaged in his own board because he doesn't have the courage to clean up the house for fear of "alienating" users. if he was more 'trump' like he'd send you all back to your home-board and build a wall of bans so you don't come back.

Youre hilarious.
If it's so shit why is it in the top boards?
Why are you here?
I mean shit, can't you find a place to complain about anime and those evil trump supporters where you have the mods on your side? There's more then enough out there.

The joke was people would spam JoJo in the AT thread because AT was shit and JoJo was better western content. Yes, it's from Japan, but that was the joke, that AT is that terrible.

Then people from /a/ and repressed weeaboos who insist they don't like anime except for JoJo started posting in the AT generals seriously.

People then stopped thinking it was funny, and told them to fuck off with both JoJo and AT, but the autism had set it, so they then shitposted in everything and derailed. Because of this, they made Hijinx/Power Girl Autist raise his head, and he got into Mod status, wherein he nuked the entire board.

A few weeks before Hijinx got in, BO finally, and i mean after like 4 months, decided they'd post about the issue, and said that it was allowed because:
1 - Jojo was on Toonami
and 2- It's better than the autism AT threads would bring.

This statement was probably what set off Hijinx more than anything, but still comes down to JoJo fags starting it at all.

So there you go, JoJo is allowed because no one likes AT, and honestly, while I hate anime on Holla Forums and get salty when people say "Just read manga instead!", but the autism AT would bring is probably worse.

Also, anything on Toonami can be shitposted, so go spam it in the JoJo thread and turn it into the Toonami thread to really get the JoJo kiddies mad.

Sage for off-topic.

So, a lot of words, but you still can't disprove theres active and allowed jojo threads.
And I was here when a lot of that drama went down, its just that like a lot of other people i dont care, we care about entertaining content, not your autistic rules that not even the mods can be arsed to enforce.
But by all means, keep on complaining about how unfair it is youre not BO.

Disregarding Jojo, The Loud House and Wander Over Yonder are tied.

It is a chan site, Anime will always be first and front in everything, what is wrong tough is that weebs get free range to post shitting up on cartoons, and even comics sometimes, all due to the BO wanting to be on a top position.

This board is a mess, /a/ types can ruin any thread they want yet /a/ won't tolerate cartoon posts on their board.

Honestly I don't enjoy being Herr anymore, the only advantage Holla Forums had over 4chan was basically the "loli" content, but having elitist assholes saying gaijin scribbles are shit, takes the joy of it.

But if AT and MLP are shit then so is the Loud House, Mlaatr, Ruby Gloom and that Mimi thing.

Also Jojo threads made people from other boards to thinkbis OK to shitposters anime here, and seems they are right.

If the only reason you're here is loli you can fuck off right back to cuckchan you pedo degenerate.
You complain about Jojo and anime, but its the child rapists that are the real cancer on this board.

Go spread your disease somewhere else.

Why even bother?

man you're conditioned as fuck.

because its a reaction image you moron, there's nothing to complain about there.

did you just arrive here from stormcucks forum?

Wew lad, whats next? Not wanting to fuck a dog or a tranny is brainwashing?
You have a sickness, a disease that will make life hard for you wherever you go, whatever you do.
Even telling people in the real world will make you a pariah, I honestly feel sorry for you and whatever horrors happened when you where a child.
But making yourself believe its normal is not the way youre gonna get rid of it.
All your reveling and delusions about pedopholia are just digging your hole deeper and deeper, you need to fight it, not try to rationalize it.
Fix yourself before you get v& or your skull bashed in by the vast majority of humanity that hates your kind.

And when responding to someone accusing you of being butthurt, try not to sound angry in the response, it just proves the point.

finding girls attractive is a disease now, and you're telling me you're not conditioned.

galileo became a pariah for saying the sun didn't orbit the earth, and he was right.

This discussion is retarded. Lolis are pretty perverted but fantasy, so let them fuck whatever fantasy they want. From Bestiality to necrophilia, whatever.

In real life its fucked up and they would be jailed.

Loli fuckers who think that its just a case of "Acceptance" and not that they just have unusual fetishes are retarded.

look at the normalfag making assumptions when his pink bubble of feces gets popped by truth.

if you stupid normies were told that sex is a sin, you'd believe i- OH WAIT, YOU DO

this thread sure went places jojo is still not Holla Forums

nah real lolis are fine too, whole thing is a massive boogeyman for jews to have a line of defense to fall back to. and the hysteria is just a side effect, people need something to hate.

God I hate this place sometimes.

reddit might be more to your tastes then. or maybe cuckchan.

Looks like I really triggered the resident pedophiles.
You idiots talk about how normal it is, and the jews trying to stop you from enjoying the children you want to rape.
Didn't you know that the jews you despise ARE the pedophiles? From the hollywood kikes to all the pedo island politicians. They are the ones that want to normalize your destructive fetish so they can rape more children themselves.
Not to mention all the muslim pedophilia, the pagan moonworshippers want nothing more then to fuck some children like their prophet.
Western civilization and morality taught us that pedophilia is immoral, because you destroy a childs life, yet you mental cases try to make yourself believe it's some boogeyman trying to stop you from your sick fetish, and that raping children totally doesn't damage them.

And when I say I feel bad for you for getting raped as a child, I'm simply refering to the fact that most child molesters where abused as children, so yeah, good luck with that.

Oh, and Jojo is still winning the poll :^)

A furry AND a pedo?
Man you got dealt a shit hand.

yeah you keep making those mental gymnastics fam, gotta patch up the holes in your fantasy bubble

what the hell is Imperium?

thats what you call feminism these days?

Of course you childfuckers don't know what Imperium is.

that wasn't even me, but hey, anger is how you've been conditioned to react.

Jojofags are delusional, the usual.

Looks like Jojo is tearing this board apart.

looks like the Jojofags figured out how VPNs work

not like it matters, but i find it silly to use a VPN to spam votes on an irrelevant poll of a half-dead board

What holes? You pedo's havn't even tried to make a convincing argument for your degeneracy. Just screaming non pedo's are brainwashed while everyone else laughs at the depth of your delusions.
In fact I suspect that that one vocal pedo raging at Jojo so much might be the reason it's doing so well.
A vote for Jojo has become a vote against pedophilia.

If you knew anything about feminism you'd know they are in fact pushing for the normalization of pedophilia.
Shitloads of infinite gender faggots just see it as a valid sexuality, codifying it into their gender lists and writing entire thesises about how it should be more accepted, because children should be able to make meaningful decisions about shit they don't fully comprehend.
Note how it's the same logic they use to put perfectly healthy children on body rotting hormones because they might at some point want their privates mutilated.
And another fun addendum, gays are far dispropotionately pedo's, a group already inflicted with very high mental problems.

this is the funniest thing i've read all day

you're not wrong, but I wouldnt put it past the jojofags to do something like that

This is almost as entertaining as when the Power Girl Autist was throwing his tantrums.

Holla Forums is the easiest board to trigger.

Holla Forums has gotten pretty bad lately too.
It's like everyone with anything resembling thick skin stopped browsing it this past month.

have you gone to Holla Forums lately? disagreeing is grounds for permaban.

I don't go to either of the Holla Forums boards specifically because I see people complain about being banned for wrongthink on both of them.

yeah, thats why i said "lately", originally Holla Forums was more chill until it got taken by retards.

Holla Forums has always banned for wrongthink, since day 1.

when you let boards be created and run by users, you will inevitably get hugboxes cause nobody really wants to be around those they disagree with

That reminds me, is learningcode really a mod there?
That shit struck me as too funny to be true when I read the threads complaining about it on /sudo/.

It's pretty rare to find someone in this kind of board that willing to be a mod and to let both sides of pol to post their stuff unharmed. They also quit faster because dealing with shit from both sides can be pretty tiresome.

Little girls in cartoons barely resemble humans anyway, you are just a toonphile and since cartoons are not real you cant rape them.

It is a social experiment by the CIA to turn us in to negro lovers.

I wont be surprised if /bane/ was just the staff talking in code.

It's not?

Well, at least the pedofags fucked off back to their abyss probably the loud house thread
So, we ready to declare Jojo the best Holla Forums animated show yet?

Isn't voting for jojo the same as voting for adventure time since they share the same thread?

I came from halfchan /a/ to laugh at you.
What a load of trash.
Glorious Nippon churns out more WIN in one season than Burgerland in 3 decades.

Hey Hijinx

Wander Over Yonder wins.

You guys even chose one of the worst shonenshit anime of the year to be included in your pathetic list.
And guess what? It's winning too.
My sides, orbit.

Cartoon girls are ugly little shits LMAO

I see your ban expired Hijinx. What, didn't get anything good for Christmas so you decided to spend two entire days in this thread?

All me, this whole thing was just me being a retard on purpose to bump the thread.

Not really, /mai/ taught me that cartoon girls can't be waifus and that cartoon girls are ugly, /monster/ taught me that only "mamono" from monster girl encyclopedia are monsters and /a/ taught me that underage female cartoon characters aren't lolis.

I am just spreading their knowledge.

Well, they're all wrong, including yourself.

Even the loud house is doing better then wander at this point.

Alright, since all the sad haters are too butthurt to do it, I guess I'll be the one.

Jojo is officially Holla Forums's favorite cartoon show of 2016
The Loud House makes a strong comeback for second place.
Wander over Yonder, despite it's headstart will have to settle for third.
Fourth goes to newcomer Imperium tbh.
And still hanging in there, Nothing finishes a solid fifth.

Many thanks to all those who voted, together we can keep this board great and not just a refuge for cartoon pedo's.
Onwards to 2017 and Vento Aureo.

Like the Hillary supporters crying about muh electoral college all over again.

dude, no one gives a shit who wins. no one except you that is.

Then why are you arguing with him.

because I'm bored

If noone gives a shit why is half this thread people crying about how unfair it is Jojo is in the poll?
Somehow the implication that some weeb cartoon is superior to current year burgertoons is triggering the fuck out of a lot of you.
Jojo isn't even that good tbh, definitely not the best anime of the year, but when most of western animation has been infested by SJWs, there just isn't much to get excited about.

Oh wow, declaring Jojo won actually triggered someone hard enough to proxy vote SU 35 times in an hour or two.
My sides are in orbit for you sweet prince.

because its anime you dumbfuck. it shouldn't even have a thread in here and the only reason it does is because the BO is a retard.

whats the point of the poll if you can just spam votes with proxies or put anime in there, smh fams

You're the Steven Universe voter arn't you?

no.

jojo still doesn't belong on Holla Forums

My only real disappointment with this is that we have over 300 active users, yet less than half of them were willing to take ten seconds and vote in the polls. Unless there are just that many people on Holla Forums who are only here for comics, which is a bit sad.

The real purpose of the polls is to encourage discussion about the shows and reflect back on the year. Except that apparently Holla Forums would rather spend its time arguing about a shitty animu than actually discussing cartoons.

if you wanted to talk about anime, /a/ is right there. this is Holla Forums fam.

Based on your rather angry tone I suspect you are though.

I was the one to actually add Jojo to the poll, mostly as a joke, but some people take shit way too seriously and this is what you end up with.
To be fair, I didn't expect people to actually vote for it, but in retrospect, on a rightwing spinoff of an anime forum its not too surprising.

you assume wrong, i simply want Holla Forums to be clean of japshit.

Yeah you're surely filled with a lot of hatred for animu, which I find kind of weird as you talk the same way as that pedophile did, and japs love their pedophilia.

pedophilia should be legal tho

Then why do you hate the genre that agrees with you?

its irrelevant, when i want to talk about anime i go to /a/. if you start mixing shit up every board ends up being Holla Forums

like Holla Forums for example, thanks to the goobergators and the cancer LOL, 4am, and webm threads, its just Holla Forums with games. and mark is too much of a pussy to do anything about it.

Jesus, where's the janitor when you need them!

GETTING BACK ON TOPIC

Is Justice League Action any good? Does it tie in to the other Justice League shows? And if it does, should I watch them before JLA?

It's fun if you can look past the stuttery animation. No, it's its own thing.

if we had a janitor you jojofaggots would be on /a/ and not here.

Or you'd be banned again

i miss space ghost, but you're still a faggot

You can tell they didn't have much of a budget for it, but they've done a good job with what they have.
It doesn't really tie into the other shows, unless you count them bringing back Kevin Conroy as a tie in.
And you should watch the other JL shows just on their own merits, they're great.

Not that guy but is very different, cartoon girls are to deformed to be compared to humans unlike anime lolis, also, if you like Anime usually mean you either hate cartoons or you jut watch them for the comedy, not for the girls.

Anime are NOT cartoons, cartoons are supposed to be Ugly as shit, like ruby gloom.

Anime is much more like a movie or a tv series but Animated, JoJo may be queer lookin but usually Anime aims for Ideal beauty!

don't forget about the load house faggots and the other shitty waifu that is just as crap (or even more) as /a/

*shitty waifu threads

Well, there was a time when shows where still being animated with more quality then 2000 era newgrounds animations.
But I guess even the koreans got too rich to still do our animation on budget.
I feel worst for all the kids of this generation for who all this low effort garbage will be the standard.

it did at one point

no that was for different reason