Tfw you get kiked over for a movie about emoticons

At least he actually stays on projects unlike Faust

What did he get kicked off?
Sony is making the Emoji movie, and he wasn't planning anything with them, was he?
Unless Hotel Transylvania was Sony.

He directed both Hotel Transylvania movies at Sony, and was developing Popeye and a original movie before those got shitcanned. He came back to Sony after the Samurai Jack revival to seemingly only direct Hotel Transylvania 3

Oh, I knew he was doing Popeye, didn't know it was through Sony.
That video makes me feel. Look how much fun he has. He loves the story, the characters, and he sits in a room with other people doing funny French accents while people laugh.
I want to meet him, he seems like such a great guy. He and Bruce Timm are on my bucket list.

Google says the film is still going, despite Genndy not working on it. Maybe he left enough of a groundwork that it still ends up like that animation test.

Never knew he worked on BtAS, and apparently he did timing work for Steven Universe. The man gets around, I'll give him that.

God dammit.

Actually, Popeye is still in development and it's still a fully-CGI film, Genndy's just not in charge of it.

No, he's not working on it AT ALL.
He got booted and it has no director right now.
He's working on his own oriignal film, apparently.

What's his movie about?

Why Genndy always got shit luck. It's like he's using up all his luck cards during CN run.

But… Genndy is a kike himself

If you think that's good, listen to his pitch for the first episode of the new Samurai Jack. People are going to lose their minds

Will Eisner prided himself on his Jewish background, but turned against the religion when his family were denied entry to a synagogue over lack of money for admission

That's a true story.

Welcome to Holla Forums.

Didn't Popeye get swept up in the fallout of the Sony Pictures hacking and email leaks? Pretty sure a lot of projects fell apart alongside it.

It's called "Can You Imagine?" . It's described as “a fantastic journey through one boy’s imagination.”

I'm curious: since Holla Forums (or heck the entirety of 8ch) is largely Holla Forumsish, do you guys still like Genndy despite him being… well, you know?

That looks awesome. Hope it does well. The man deserves some success.

Well I'm not Holla Forumsish so I'm indifferent on that.

Doesn't really matter.
He has never jewed anyone, and only enjoys making cartoons and animations. The only person in his life that gets jewed is him, by executives and meddlers, who don't seem to understand that his work sells like hotcakes.

Jews Jew other Jews, all the time. Just look at the Three Stooges, Jack Kirby, or Will Eisner, as you can see above.

He'd do the same, if it were the other way around. It's in their blood.

You know he love and super passionate with his job when his pitch was that awesome.

It's like the shit jews want to eradicate the good jews. Those kikes gonna fight each other when they are the last people in the world.

Unlike Holla Forums, I'd say Holla Forums has a more nuanced view of jews. There are jews and then there are jews.

It's a difference between a jew like Jack Kirby, who worked his ass off to provide for his family by drawing comics, and a jew like Jack Liebowitz, who made a career of fucking over other jews, fucking over comics as a medium, and who's entire life reads like backstory of a super-villain.

Wasn't samurai jack supposed to come out this year? wtf happened?

Adult Swim delayed it because it wasn't ready? I dunno

March, according to one of the guys working on it. He was senior, don't recall who though.

how could they drop this?

Does Sony just enjoy failing? Do they get off from losing money on stupid shit that no one in their right mind would go see? Are they masochistic or something?

Sony final executive decisions tend to came from Japan. Those bosses have zero knowledge about pop culture in US. So they greenlighted all the proposals that sound good for them. Sadly Sony is infested with American SJWs with obvious agenda.

Pascal needs to be burned on a stake.

She technically doesn't work for Sony anymore, it's now Tom Rothman

Sony Japan has little no involvement with the movie department. These are all solely the fault of the heads at Sony Pictures. Ghostbusters is all Amy Pascal's fault and so is the new Barbie movie. Tom Rothman is responsible for keeping Deadpool in development hell the entire time he was at Fox, and his latest golden idea now that he's at Sony is that movie with Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence that's bombing at the box office. Other brilliant ideas thrown around were a shared universe between Barbie and He-Man.

Please tell me that was something some random autist made up.

The Barbie and He-Man crossover universe I mean.

God, 2016 was amazing wasn't it?

Its only getting started with 2017, also the guy from Fox that didnt like deadpool and generally hates comicbook movies is in charge now.

I'm impressed Sony seems to be interested in keeping him around for a 3rd Hotel Transylvania, but it sucks Popeye got canned (especially with that "destiny" thing he mentioned of Popeye related stuff being present in his life in that trailer).

Hopefully they let him make Popeye after HT 3 is finished. Sony could just be trying to milk that franchise while it's still "around" before moving onto a new one. And that not even counting the fact the Genndy basically saved the first HT from development hell and turned it into a pretty decent movie in just under a year.

I was under the impression he just came back to do something after finishing SJ. Really anything so they just gave him HT3

I hope so cuz after seeing him go about how it was destiny he do this film. I would feel very sorry for him if he didn't.

Nope. According to the 2014 hacks, they supposedly came up with the perfect pitch for a Barbie movie and had planned initially planned Margot Robbie to play Barbie, who would actually be down to play the role as long as the script was developed in time so she could clear her schedule. Time was of the essence, so Sony tried developing the movie, but they never even managed to make it work on paper. Amy Pascal got so desperate that she actually e-mailed one of the co-producers asking the feasibility of a He-Man crossover, as the two gender stereotypes would play some kind of chemistry which each other. The producer replied that wouldn't work because it would be too similar to other works they have it in planning like a MiB / 23th Jump Street crossover, and because that would pretty much ruin the He-Man franchise, which has potential to work in the right hands and would be squandered in a crossover with Barbie.

That video doesn't mention when Barbie was a persona-changing Mary Poppins written by Diablo Cody

I take it the shit emoticon is voiced by a black guy isn't it.

It's shit, mate.

Didn't sound like it in the trailer.