What are some good sci-fi comics?

I'm looking to buy something nice for Christmas for my brother, who's hugely into sci-fi (loved Star Trek pre-Abrams, thought Star Wars was overrated), but I don't know jack about sci-fi comics.

As far as comics go, he likes The Walking Dead and I know he reads a few others I don't remember the names of. Unlike myself, he doesn't care for capeshit so I don't think Annihilation or anything like that would be good.

Oh, and my brother isn't a huge faggot so he hates SJW shit. Preferrably something that isn't particularly pozzed.

Any recommendations to give me?

Other urls found in this thread:

darkhorse.com/Comics/25-123/Resident-Alien-The-Man-with-No-Name-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You and your brother should be checked for autism.

Hahahah! Oh! Dude!

Resident Alien by Dark Horse. Surprisingly good. Imagine Forensic Investigation comic starring an actual space alien who live on earth and just want to be left the fuck alone but everytime there's murder they keep knocking on his door for forensic check because he's stupid enough to put the Doctor title in his name.

Read the preview pages here: darkhorse.com/Comics/25-123/Resident-Alien-The-Man-with-No-Name-1

Just buy him a rope

He gave up on it a long time ago.

These, and I've heard good things about Saga, The Incal, and Jean-Claude Mézières' "Valérian and Laureline".

Thanks, anons. I'll check them out.

And these.

Almost forget to mention my personal recommendation, Liberty Meadows by Frank Cho.

Wake is serious sci-fi and treats characters and alien races intelligently. I censored cover pic for 8ch rules, but original only has non-gratuitous nudity. Some versions might be censored in the US.

Anything Warhammer 40k

Anything 2000 AD (Rouge Trooper or ABC Warriors, and especially Judge Dredd)

Alot of Star Wars EU comics were great

Transmetropolitan is good, and it's finished, so you can get him the whole thing at once.

I assume he wouldn't like the older pulp stuff,but if he does, Heavy Metal is a good choice. There's even two movies if you don't want to get him comics. I think there was a video game, though not sure.

Letter 44 is something I've heard good thing about. It's about a new President finding out about aliens. I've got it all downloaded, and people kept recommending it, but still haven't started, so you'd need someone to verify for me.

Judge Dredd is never a bad choice.

Unless it's IDW Judge Dredd.

SCUD was great.

Transmet will make you cringe if you're older than 21.

Star Wars: Empire was a great series, back before the universe was raped by the mouse.

but it's by a SJW

But does it rub off on the comic itself?
Not OP btw, I just don't remember too much tumblrtardation in Transmetropolitan, especially in regards to modern standards.
It's been like 6 or 7 years since I've read it though, so maybe I'm forgetting something?

Thanks a lot for all the help, anons. I ended up going with Resident Alien and Transmetropolitan. Merry christmas to you all.

This