Is Ryzen really botnet?

Can someone provide proof that Ryzen is botnet? The FX-8370 has been mentioned as a powerful non botnet cpu but damn, only half the threads! Which would mean much less VM performance.

Other urls found in this thread:

slashdot.org/submission/6833017/message-for-amd-open-psp-will-improve-security-hinder-intel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

AMD PSP

slashdot.org/submission/6833017/message-for-amd-open-psp-will-improve-security-hinder-intel

AMD have been "botnet" since few generations ago, they have their own "IME" which is worse if not mistaken. Some user posted it back at halfchan.

If you want minimum backdoor processor, get an socket 939 amd or core2 series.

Why are you allowed to breathe?

x86, IBM PC compatible

If I remember correctly there was a telemetry style neural-network (botnet) that has you connected to some cloud shit so they could 'optimize instructions sequence'

Ryzen a botnet?

If ryzen processors don't get better over time, yes.
Even if they do, yes.

*sigh* no, there's no cloud or telemetry or whatever. What you're talking about is just a clever self-contained branch prediction hardware baked into the cores.
I really wish somebody killed all the marketingfags. We wouldn't have all these neverending misunderstandings to debunk.

You have to go back.

no u

AMD's Management Engine equivalent is called PSP, it stands for Platform Security Processor. It does all the same shady shit as Intel's botnet. It is included in certain APUs, however, it isn't installed in any of the FX series CPUs. Ryzen is a different story. A thread talking about this much more in depth in this board included screencaps of an user contacting AMD customer service and asking them about the inclusion of PSP in Ryzen parts. AMD said that, indeed, PSP would be included in every Ryzen SKU. I don't have the screencap at hand, I should've saved it, but it's the truth. Maybe someone else can post it.

No, we get to move forward.
You have to stay here in your little pig-shit quarantine zone forever.

Do you have the thread number handy?

There needs to be >>>/gaschamber/ s.

Go dance the hangm's jig.

Have you been living under a rock with a really good book?

Also this should have been asked in the Questions and support sticky.

You blend right in.

I don't, sorry.

This. I posted a thread about it on here awhile back when several of the news outlets picked up the story. It's not connected to the Internet and it isn't really a neural network. Many news networks were calling it that, but when they actually interviewed an AMD engineer, his response was something along the lines of "well, I guess you could kind of call it that..."

Kek. Marketoids are the worst.

According to Libreboot it probably has DMA, but they don't advertise it with remote management capabilities.
Of course it hasn't been studied like the ME, but I think it's safe to call it a backdoor.

wccftech.com/amd-zen-encryption-sme-sev-hw-based-sha/
Unlike Intel they did at least integrate some nice features into their botnet, though.