Tfw using windows software on linux

I'm not even mad at this point.

Other urls found in this thread:

qmmp.ylsoftware.com/
xiph.org/video/vid2.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I mean why force yourself to use garbage like deadbeef when you can just run it in wine?

why use garbage like foobar or deadbeef when you can use mpd?

I love foobar2000 but music on console is actually better imho

Song related

I'd think about moc if it had replaygain support. Using cmus right now (switched from mpd+mpc).

What's wrong with JuK?

VLC MASTER RACE COMIN THRU GET OUTTA THE WAY MOTHERFUCKERS

98% of the time it's mpc bound to hotkeys for me

mpd
ncmpc
ncmpcpp
cmus
mpv

It's better for listening but I use foobar for so much like tagging and moving/organizing files. I haven't found a program that can replicate all of the functionality or even 2 programs that could replace foobar.

I use Clementine for the same reason. on my leenooxx and windows installs.

aplay

how do i use winamp on linux?

You mean qmmp: qmmp.ylsoftware.com/

the q better not stand for qt

bad news

Pardon me for one moment. What you are calling Linux, is in actuality, GNU/Linux, or as I have nicknamed it, GNU plus Linux. Linux isn't an operating system by itself, but it is just another part of the GNU system, which has been extended in functionality via various GNU components (including GNU's shell utilities and corelibs) which only then fit the definition of a complete operating system as outlined by POSIX.

There are many people today who are running the GNU operating system without even being aware of it. Through a strange turn of events, a misnomer has emerged where people refer to a widely used version of the GNU system as "Linux", unaware that the proper name for the system they run is the GNU operating system.

Now while they are in fact using Linux, it is only one component of the system that they run. Linux is used as the kernel: the part of an operating system which distributes a machine's resources to other programs which request them. While this functionality is essential for the successful functioning of a system, it cannot function on its own, it needs an operating system within which it can carry out its functions. Linux is commonly paired with the GNU operating system: the entirety of the system is GNU with the addition of Linux, or GNU/Linux. Every single "Linux Distribution" is actually a distribution of GNU/Linux.

1. Reconsider your decision
2. Fucking google it

Huh, its the only other player I can get my old foobar layout on, nice.
I still think I prefer deadbeef though.

Whats wrong with deadbeef, for you?

Opinion discarded.

99% of complaints about vlc are from people too retarded to disable the "hurry" option. And that comes from the developers being retarded, but at least they're not as retarded as the developers of other players such as mpv which is a commandline video player that uses ffplay as it's backend, ffplay being a... commandline video player.

Huh. How big is your library?

I thought mpv was supposed to be like mpc, a network streaming video player?

299GB, 38,478 Files, 3,147 Folders. foobar2000 takes seconds to import the whole thing, and automatically updates itself just about instantly whenever I add new folders.

But ffplay does that.

So tell me how shit are your music tastes? I don't think any single person has the autism to hunt for 38,478 good pieces of music even if they're into classical and have history at their disposal.

This is why there will never be a good linux audio player.

You either didn't read my post or you replied to the wrong person.

You can add a new folder to deadbeef without making it rescan the library, though I dont do that since my collection is only 82GB
Itd be a matter of just dragging and dropping from the folder to the playlist. So not as automatic or elegant, I suppose.
Someone should ask the deadbeef devs about that.

not me btw

Why do people always make a fuss about music players? There are hundreds of those things and they're all pretty much the same. You pick some songs, press play, and go do something else. What else do you really need?

Years ago this shit was broken on Debian debause lol no ffpmeg

do you even music?

Y'know the last faggot who shilled for Wine at least had the decency to post chinese cartoon Qts.

stall man a shit, install bsd.

Are you retarded? Mpv uses ffmpeg/libav as its backend, not ffplay.

Obviously not from a cold cache, liar. The time to even read all the tags (without talking about any processing) is longer than "a few seconds".
I have 9000 tracks and cmus/mpd are really fast for the initial or incremental update.

mechanical hdd pleb

seconded

let's see. 1) the ideal music player needs to be able to play .spc files as well as all the standard .ogg etc. formats.
2) when playing .spc files, it should be possible to loop the song forever.
3) ability to write .spc files to disk as a .wav file.
4) it should be possible to sort the songs by filename, artist, length, etc. and display all of these attributes in resizable columns.
5) it would be nice if you could color-code the background of the playlist window based on the directory the song is in.

did i miss anything? whatever version of winamp i had when i still used windows could do #1. the current audio player i use, audacious 3.6.2 on linux mint, does #1 and #2 (just hit the left arrow key to skip back a bit and the .spc song will loop forever). i think for an old version of winamp there's a plug-in that can do #3, and i got that working in wine which was nice. when i need to use a mac at university i use clementine which can do #4. i've never seen a media player that can do #5, but it's kind of an odd thing to ask for admittedly.

Clementine would be nice if its random shuffle function wasn't totally fucking broken. The devs have this ass backwards mindset when it comes to what "random" means and they insist that anything but the objectively non-random algorithm they use is "less random".

God damn thing keeps playing the same songs over and over, it's as bad as Google's captcha algorithm.

Then implement it yourself. The code is open. Git gud and
DO IT FAGGOT

There's an android music player called HikiPlayer that recolors the UI based on the album art of the currently playing song.

I believe Clementine can use album cover of the current track as playlist background. Maybe they could make every track in the list use it's own album cover? Pitch a feature request in their bugtracker, this sounds like a cool feature with high chances of being accepted.

how incredibly useful

kys

Go back to using vim to play your music then.

Vim is a text editor and nothing else. You must be thinking of the Emacs operating system.

Your arguments are as compelling as changing UI color based on album art, in a program to produce soundwaves for your ears. yesfun

I would, but I'm out of weed.

True, most fun I had my whole life.

Not everyone has autism kiddo.

This has always been my biggest frustration with GNU/Linux.

Those who don't would realize he was sarcastic.

You can't copy a playlist on Deadbeef, for one.

PWN'D!

Stan approves

Poe's Law applies especially when dealing with audiophiles.

mp[dc] > mpd + ncurses client > mpd qt/gtk client > other non-mpd music players > window media player > foobar2000(TM)

thats an 'audiophile' thing?

I bet you have everything else on spotify

No I just have a disgustingly large amount of mp3.

Get on my level

Yep, looks like flac to me.

24 bit master race

VLC

waste of space

nice placebo
xiph.org/video/vid2.shtml

tfw when you're going to get windows malware because wine isn't a sandbox.

communism is better then capitolism in theory. for government it doesn't work, for software on the otherhand it works like a charm.

Because we don't fucking want to use the ncmpdtorisforcp

pleb. winamp master race.

Used foobar for over ten years, when was still a windowsfag. Was pretty sure I'd never change it.
Switch to Linux, install cmus.
Discover after all those years that foobar was basically shit.

Why doesn't anyone make a port of foobar2k or musicbee on Linux?

CIAniggers using VLC is confirmed.

Because it's not FOSS.

Mah niggah

The existing audio players work just fine for most people.

It's completely understandable user, especially if you're someone who prefers albums or discographies for certain artist (Rachmaninoff, Chopin, etc) over single tracks. If I would've downloaded every piece I've stumbled upon and liked I could absolutely see that

But to be clear, my hard drive is 80GB so my library is pretty fluid and changing constantly, out with the old in with the new.

Pls explain how someone choosing to donate something (when the option to milk capitalism is available) is communism

god, those were the days