DRM/FreeDesktop Code of Conduct Submitted To Linux 4.12

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=FDo-Contributor-Covenant

Finally we can see progress in the Free Software™ world.

Other urls found in this thread:

media.ccc.de/v/30C3_-_5499_-_en_-_saal_1_-_201312291830_-_x_security_-_ilja_van_sprundel
youtube.com/watch?v=EBK5aKOr2Fw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FreeDesktop.org is Red Hat cancer. Give it some time and we will see explicitly cancer free Linux distributions and projects akin to current pure libre projects.

X12 when?

When did these faggots invade everything and why didn't anyone stop it? This cancer has spread everywhere, are most basement dwellers really this cucked?

The old hackers are dying.

Ayo Jamal, check it. dey done hit dat shit up with a CoC ma man, arggghhh hell yaw! Maaang dis nix game is d0ope. uma be contribootin da shit out this mofuggga.

I wonder if the best way to remove these SJW fools is to accelerate their agenda and drive it off a cliff. Instead of opposing it, what about writing in clauses that force contributors to #Resist Trump/anti-EU/pro-nationalist political parties. Further suggest that no non-whites can be given commit access, and whites cannot ignore the pull request of any woman/PoC.

They didn't die I just think a lot of them moved on to other things. The torch was passed, regrettably to the wrong people. I know in my own sector things have gotten really bad and most of the so-called leaders today got into it purely for popularity/power instead of creating things and taking care of the communities around those things. That said, a lot of the old timers that are still around seem to have swallowed the kool-aid as well. I found this out the hard way when I expressed a wrong-think opinion in passing. I was driven out of the community I helped build for good and labeled a bad person. I was told I could continue to hold on to a piece of power I hadn't used or cared about in 10 years if only I apologized publicly but instead I left on my own terms and vowed never to return.

All I did was tell an 11 year old that there was nothing wrong with using a warez version of photoshop if he needed to learn the application. I was crucified by a community of people that had done the same thing themselves as teenagers but now sell shitty apps and add-ons for $20 a pop. Add-ons that used to be free and had more features and cleaner code 20 years ago when we called them "hacks". A term that was decided to be bad and traded for "modification" and later "add-on". The people have gotten as soft as the language they use.

This is happening everywhere and it depresses me. My mentors are rolling over in their graves.

We could always go back to XFree86.

We need a Linus Torvalds CoC: banter is okay, language shouldn't be controlled, unpopular opinions should not be suppressed or punished.

I'm sick of people taking advantage of our openness to subvert everything with their stupid agenda.

The problem is the cucks who enable them. SJWs have no power unless it's handed to them, and the cucks are more than willing based on the vague promise that now tons of women will come into the field and the cucks want to be their white knights.

FUCKING THIS

The SINGLE reason for the downfall of tech are the needy fucking nerds who somehow think women give two shits about them if they let them into tech.
If you completely ignore women everything would be great.
Everyone say NO to 3DPD!

Wayland Is A Protocol™ so anyone can just come along and write a non-pozzed implementation. Even without this news of forceful CoC insertion, we need one anyway that doesn't require bullshit like consolekit/dbus.

What's a "pozzed implementation"? Aren't you just confusing the software and the project? How can the software itself be "pozzed"?

Wait. Wayland depends on consolekit and dbus?
Oh boy.

Jesus Fucking Christ.
Just end this world already, really, just send the fucking meteor. Humanity was a mistake.

If a USB with the source code infects the computer with Hardware Immunodeficiency Virus (which leads to An Infestation Delivering SJWs), that software can be labelled 'pozzed' according to POSIX standards. It's a #define in : _DEF_POZZED

Wayland doesn't depend on dbus or consolekit. Look at the source if you don't believe me.

Fuck those damn traitors to hell. Anyone can contribute, if niggers and women don't either they don't want to (women, niggers) or can't (niggers). We seriously need a White country where we can write software for the Führer's Software Foundation in peace.
Free software survived the worst years of Microsoft, not surprising given nerds were always the underdogs, but I doubt we can survive SJWs. Many of us abandoned comics and vidya because of them, why would Holla Forums be different? The future is a pajeet-coded windows bsod'ing forever.

I don't think they all drank the bullshit but I believe that at some point you just let people do what they want to do because you know that's the only way these people understand is that they crash and burn and even then it's not 100% sure that they see that they'll learn.
See how much retarded people say that "but it wasn't real communism"

This and it will always be like this.

Yes and no
Has long they have power in current projects this is possible.
We will need to make them bite the dust.

Create it, I'd love to contribute. Slowly but surely we'll replace their software and make them worthless.

The edge in this post is off the charts.

Straight outta 4chan

bump, relevant to rust's cancer spreading

No, the problem is the laws.
If we had free speech we could have told these SJWs and kikes to go fuck themselves long ago.

You did it to yourselves white cucks. You gave full free speech to jews 1900-1950, now they took it away from you. You deserve all that's coming to you.

This is what happens when you enforce no coding standards and accept even the biggest piles of shit with open arms, you get infested with people who feel the need to push for CoCs and other cancerous leftist shit.

I am glad I am moving to developing for seL4, strict coding standards involving formal proofs and minimal kernel functionality keeps out the scum.

how is it a cancer?
it's actually not easy, stupid SJWs won't be able to code in it.

nah, there's just a huge financial backing, powerful minority etc. that's forcing this shit. I doubt most women would care in reality.

what's so bad about dbus? As far as i know it's been around forever and not related to systemDicks

I guess nothing is bad about dbus. I feel it's stupid to add a daemon to my system to do what sockets have done forever.

Most women won't care because most women don't care about programming. But it doesn't matter as long as the beta cucks do believe in it.

What does this have to do with free speech? You won't get arrested for telling a tranny to fuck off from your pet project.

I'm sure the people involved will be absolutely cohencidental, the only real issue is finding those core financial contributors. There will likely be a few of the usual suspects like Zuckerberg and Google, but finding those core NGO's and financiers will be the ace in the hole. Then as per Rules for Radicals politics, those actors can be focused and polarized making them an increasingly unattractive option.

You'll be fired from your job though. Because the law says your employer gets fined massive $$$ otherwise.

Sockets only do one to one communication. Dbus is far more sophisticated in routing messages between applications.

That law doesn't exist. You are a liar.

Try it yourself and see what happens.

You get fired. Thats the free market. Their is no law like that.

someone in the UK got jail for 60 days for posting on facebook that he's gonna kill a nigger when he was drunk, which was obviously an empty threat but he got arrested for "death threat" because a bunch of normalfags on facebook saw it and reported him

Then why are there no companies that are welcoming towards upstanding, intolerant employees? You would expect a truly free market to provide a mix of various company cultures to take advantage of different customer and talent pool niches.

do you realize how contradictory you are

In a non-joking manner, I am under the impression that such progress against Linux will mean that even our benevolent dictator for life will no longer be able to carry on at the same capacity of being an unapologetic force for meritocratic ideals. In a related sense, it is evident that as the last decade has gone by with every corporation colluding with the least productive employees to fire those who dare commit "wrong-think" against their naive frivolity. This is a manufactured form of greed in the chase for social "brownie points" and it won't stop until we push them out of our helicopter.

why?

ooooooohhh babay babay its a wild world

Half of Holla Forums would be behind bars if every edgy "death threat" were to be taken seriously. Gas the kikes, by the way.

OpenBSD has their own fork of Xorg (Xenocara) and it's also hella more secure, besides having no SJW bullshit. A security researcher tore apart Xorg, found dozens of exploits in just a week. In the end he said "just use OpenBSD's version, they already fixed or prevented lots of the bugs".
media.ccc.de/v/30C3_-_5499_-_en_-_saal_1_-_201312291830_-_x_security_-_ilja_van_sprundel
Best way to run X is just the Vesa server, no extensions, with machdep.allowaperture=1 (see xf86(1) manpage). Yeah you don't get FPU accel, but you also present much smaller attack surface. If you want games and HD bullshit, just install Ubuntu and the blob drivers, because you already gave up any serious attempt at security. It comes at a price, and I know most are not willing to pay it. Well it's ok, let them get pnwd. They make good decoys.

yeah but it's really easy to put pressure on someone if you have their real name. No cop is going to give a fuck because "someone said something mean on an anonymous imageboard". People can contact your employer etc. if you publicly post something under your real name.

that's not how that works user

Yea, that's what I said. Only you think it's a good thing and I don't. My design philosophy is different.

Someone tried to discuss with them on the mailing list and they don't respond.
It seems that when you confront them to common sense or logic they stop any interraction.
This is more than disturbing.
Until their isn't any communication/argumentation from their part I will now consider SJWs or any CoCs advocate to be a part of a cult.
These people are very similar to any existing cult.

It also looks like a cult see for example this vid
youtube.com/watch?v=EBK5aKOr2Fw

But it behaves exactly that way. They go for the low-hanging fruits, that's what all the ransomware has been targetting. You don't have to outrun the bear, only outrun the out-of-shape SJW.

pick one and only one
most malware doesn't even use 0-days, outdated software/insecure configured software is more than sufficient