Can we talk for a second here?

I know metathreads are a little discouraged given they step aside to the norm and are usually just to complain about things, but I believe this should be addressed. We are a community, even though we're all anonymous, united purely by the direction the board takes. So I don't think it's too crazy to bring up a strange pattern I've been noticing recently.

There seems to be a concerning amount of waifu threads. I'm not here to wag the finger at the lifestyle of being obsessed over underage girls; I'm sure Salon is still hiring and they probably will even pay you. But when a massive number of threads just devolve (or are specifically geared) into an excuse to post all the images you can possibly find on Gelbooru, it starts setting a precedent that I don't think any of us want to be a staple.

It's a tumor that's leaking, too. So many threads are either meme template threads, or DIY meme creator threads, a lot of anons speak like they just got off the boat from Oh Internet and there doesn't seem to be a lot of resistance against this sort of thing.

I'm not exactly sure what caused this. I can be like how I normally am and blame cuckchan, or we can all huddle together and blame /a/ since RWBY is not a cartoon or comic (or good) and it's allowance to exist probably sparked some sort of waifu acceptance. But I don't think pointing fingers at some nebulous concept of 'other community' will really do anything practical.

I won't even blame mods or anything, because I think it'll put unnecessary pressure on them to judge what quality control is, rather than just being a defense against spam, raids, and illegal activity. The people here, despite whatever unhealthy degenerate origin they spawn from are technically or own, and I think we should be making more of an effort to stomp this behavior into the dust before the board melts into a former shell of itself.

I don't come as often to co due to school work and life in general so I don't know how recent this was. But I'm kinda indifferent.

Sorry, Holla Forumsmrade, but indifference to disease is no cure. Leprosy can not be washed away with a tide of apathy, and our legs will soon have those icky marks on them.

this is the second thread in a week you have made about this.

This is the first thread in the first time I have made about this. Just because I have a similar opinion to someone else doesn't make me that person, nor does the validity of that opinion suddenly become null. This is our homeland and it's being polluted.

Disregard my warning now if you want, but soon you will wake up with your neck nestled in poopy and wish you did something then.

Ok fine then. How do we combat this then? Make threads about other subjects?

Can we agree that spamming threads with imagedumping one image per post should be against the rules? That will clear up a lot of the problem. That's the only thing I have to say in the matter.

I also frequent Holla Forums and OP is overreacting as usual. There's a lot of non-waifu threads created but he can't handle 1 or 2 of them on page one.

New thread created this week:

Asterix Obelix
Vitani role in Lion King 2
co monster general
Disney Princesses
Heartwarming comics
Bojack Horseman
Justice League Action
Spiderman story time

That's what running thru my mind of what new thread created this week that's not waifu thread.

This is the second thread about it nonetheless.

I figured the go to response might be "Well, make more threads", but that's just putting blame on…well, no one in particular, since we're all anonymous. Whom exactly isn't making enough threads? Who's ear exactly do we pull aside and whisper into it that they need to increase their quota?

Telling a bunch of anonymous people to 'do better' is a pretty inconclusive strategy, as opposed to putting the blame on the bad behaviors as you see them.

Yes, I think a lot of these bad behaviors are enabled by samefagging. I don't particularly like the idea of board IDs, but I won't object to a mod silently snuffing the people who do this out.

I think the issue is that the last user was such a faggot about it that people are turned off by the idea at all now.
You at least understand that we shouldn't go banning people for posting NSFW stuff at all and aren't bitching like they were. So I don't see the problem with making some minor tweaking to prevent this. Cuz a lot of this is just the same autists, like that one faggot that makes the same thread about the kid from Clarence having a square penis constantly.

Fuck off, Holla Forums

Thank you for your input, sir.

Yes, I understand the importance of not going too crazy here when it comes to moderation or it might cause more problems than it'll solve, but I'm very glad to see that I'm not the only one noticing a very potent trend going on here. I just think we should make more of a concerted effort to not put up with this shit. And that a mod should swoop in from the shadows and snap a neck or two no muss no fuss

Quality control isn't something that can be taught in any short amount of time. All that can be done is to point out shit and rub their dumb noses in it. I myself would become a mod if I wasn't concerned about becoming mad with power.

People like you, who bitch about there not being enough threads made to their liking, but do nothing to change the situation

They are also exist in second and third page. But I only mention page one because most of you are too fucking lazy to click on them page numbers. Also putting blame on who? This is user board, you suggested we start using name or tag. Pretty much the exact opposite direction of user image board. Just go back to old message boards or reddit if you really want that.

Also hated threads =/= samefagging. It's pretty much simplistic thinking. It's like blaming everything wrong in US on Trump or Obama.

Okay fine 20 days ago. And still active now. Also many more non waifu threads all over page one and two. Picky cunt aren't you.

People got turned off from making new threads because some of them devolve into fighting between two faggots or the topic got hated because it's part of mainstream media. Please, most posts here came from mainstream media.

I outright said I don't like board IDs. You might be stupid, sir.

Yeah, and then that loops around to my previous point that it doesn't matter if it's not necessarily on page one, it's still allowed and encouraged and it should not be.

I think you have a problem with not reading what I say. Your sentence structure is odd so I think you might be some weird foreigner. Foreigners are weird and I hate them.

So it's not the spam and shitposts that bother you? You sounds like imgur mod that hate all women.

Oh yeah whatever cunt. This is why you're not a mod in co. Go back to Holla Forums

No, I agree with him. You sound like one of those weird faggots we've been having a ton of lately. You're trying too hard to fit in, but you don't. Where the fuck are you even from? You don't sound like you're from reddit. Are you faggots from imgur? It makes sense. Fucking leave.

The simplist solution would be to pin more threads that promotes original content, like the drawthread, oc thread or write thread on the first page. Maybe stickie that one thread that story times new comic releases or sticky a thread for a new episodeofa cartoon. Then again that would me the Mods would actually have to do work.

Another solution would be to fuze some waifu threads togother along with some smut threads. Like the loli thread can be fuzed with the panties thread. Limit the size of 12 waifu threads to 3, without banning anything.

And the final solution would be to implement IDs for everyone but that idea no one agrees with.

I didn't realize most of those were waifu threads since I never go in them, but I agree there ought to be some kind of action taken against this. As somebody who doesn't like the cyclical nature of waifu threads and the shitposting they seem to degenerate into (going off what I know of most "X general" threads), I'd honestly rather have fewer threads on the catalogue instead of having it be inflated with glorified shitposting.

We can tell you're not from around here. Slit your wrists and do your parents a favour.

IDs are cancer and should not be implemented, ever. Almost every board in the top 25 with IDs is a shitheap, and it's no coincidence. While I like the idea of sticking threads which encourage OC, that may take away from the feeling of community in them. I can't draw for shit so I don't know what the board culture is like there, but I don't want the board to be like Holla Forums and have half a dozen stickies which constantly rotate out to showcase the HAPPENINGs of the week.

It's a shame. This was a better board not so long ago.

So can we get a response from the board owner on this or something? I'd like to know what the official position is.

Bump?

I'm not sure what an official position should be if any. If someone says "Hey, no more waifu threads" then that might be seen as too much restriction, but if they say that there can only be one like…waifu general, then there's a mainstay ever recurring tumor on the board that's not only accepted but endorsed and encouraged.

I'd rather these people just be silently wiped off the map without any official statement or precedent. Life returns to normal and we are blissfully unaware as to why.