Electro Magnetic Drive Explained

Ever since Weev told us about the EM Drive (through the Daily Stormer)…
I've been very interested in learning about this new technology.

The EM Drive is a "propellantless" engine.
It uses a magnetron to provide thrust.

The articles which introduced the idea, tried to paint this as a NASA invention.
Fucking piece of shit KIKE NIGGERS.
Instead, it was invented by the scientist, Roger Shawyer.

Last week, he made a video, explaining how this drive works.
youtube.com/watch?v=wBtk6xWDrwY
He says it uses Newtonian physics

For an introduction of his invention, see this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=4hTdSg47h3k

KILL JOURNALISTS IN THEIR HOMES

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waveguide_(electromagnetism)
archive.fo/hjbwI
physicsfromtheedge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/mihsc-101.html
reddit.com/user/crackpot_killer
forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=37642.0
hackaday.io/project/5596-em-drive
express.co.uk/news/science/642213/Scientists-move-one-step-closer-to-creating-Sun-s-energy-on-EARTH-after-breakthrough)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photon#Experimental_checks_on_photon_mass
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FUCKING THIEVING FAGGOT KIKE NASA NIGGER SUBHUMAN PIECES OF SHIT

If it uses no propellant then we can just set two of these things on opposite ends of a pole facing in different directions and use them to spin an electric generator that would theoretically produce free electricity for eternity, correct?

It can't produce free electricity because the magentron is powered by electricity. It wouldn't make more than it used.

This seems like a pretty goddamn simple concept, it's like if you rolled up a paper tube into a mostly-conical shape with openings at both end and then piped music in from the middle. It would be louder at the wide end. The magical part is how microwaves interact with the surrounding particles to provide thrust.

No. It uses a magnetron, which uses electrical energy.

This device however, will allow rockets to travel into space, very easily.
The vast majority of weight required for space travel, is the rocket fuel.
& it will allow for long term voyages in space.

Electricity doesn't really qualify as a propellant.

They'd still need traditional rocket fuel to get out of the atmosphere, EM is for space travel away from significant forces of gravity.

From what I recall about this drive was that it was never confirmed to work. They created force, true, but it was on the scale of milinewtons and they could be ascribed to outside disturbances. EM drive, if truly a drive and not overhyped failure, would not be classical in terms of physics. It would be some sort of macro-application of quantum interactions like electrovoltaic effect. However, were this drive indeed possible, it would still have terrible power/weight ratio and presumably solar sails would still be a better alternative

The problem with the design it blows out EM waves in a unfocused manner.

This might be the solution.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waveguide_(electromagnetism)

People say the design is not efficient but I want to pump atleast 100 megawatts through the EM drive,where the em drive uses 10 watts.

The New ford carrier will have a 300 megawatt reactor.

Watch the videos, and you will understand.

Very true, is however much easier to store large amounts of energy using ultracapacitors and harvest solar/radioactive energy from space.

They produce almost negligible thrust but at a constant state of acceleration so speed isn't an issue if you can wait a few years, long haul missions would be the most likely application. Sails are great but I'm not sure there is much in the way of course correction that they are capable of.

He says its not really the design that needs to change. He says its a matter of cooling the engine.
It overheats very easily and requires a professional cooling system in order to use high voltage.

Alright, thats it for me. time to sleep
pce anons

Much easier to store large amounts of energy using utlracapacitors rather than fuel tanks*

It uses no propellant in that it doesn't jettison material in its pushing. It merely converts energy from one form to another, redirecting it. From microwaves into directed inertia.
It doesn't jettison anything, but it does spend energy. Like your spinning in a chair, when you go towards the center you aren't adding any weight or pushing off, yet you go faster. Converting potential into action.
In my understanding.

So its just straight movement. I can get behind that.

Nah. It still keeps getting "thrust". Even after many peer reviews.

Interesting, was unaware that the NASA story was bullshit till now.

Bump

yup, it's a vibrator. a giant fucking space dildo. and you know what that means if it works. think, ribbed for her pleasure, lads.

It's only useful to spacecraft already in space. We still need a cheap and reliable way to send thing into orbit. Falcon 9 is not am option.

This is essential tech for Trumps Emperium of Mankind.

And why are we talking about this?
Whats the point this thread is trying to make?

EM drive is NOT a warp drive….. Jesus fucking christ.

Yeah, sure, that sounds pretty simple.

Now which one of these is correct and why?
:>

What a shitty "news" video. I'm a Trekkie, but that was embarrassing. Get to the fucking point.

If this works, we will likely only see the benefits in our lifetime after we're too old to travel the stars.

I want so bad to get off this rock and explore, but the lack of gravity, radiation, and Oort Cloud would just fuck my shit up.

e.

Trump needs to declassify America's secret technology. Build the USS Trump and make the galaxy great again.

a

Any info on the Aether?

True. The results are not yet significant enough to justify all the LARPing.

Have they tried changing the Geometry of the cones?

this dive is spooky as hell, and I remember watching some alien show in the late 90s where some kook claimed that a cone shaped alien drive functioned off electro magnetism or some such bull shit

since they're connected, A

can you imagine how hardcore a 100 megawatt microwave would be? I imagine it would fry anything behind it (not that anything would be behind it.. its space)

no it doesn't. Newtonian physics includes conservation of momentum.

imagine how quick it could cook your tendies?

Kek willing my dear user's aren't stupid enough to take this "EM Drive" seriously.

There is simply no evidence that it works, and because it claims to defy the most basic laws of physics, any evidence needs to be very high quality indeed.

NASA’s impossible space engine, the EMdrive, passes peer review

archive.fo/hjbwI

it simply heating up water molecules in air, they evaporate and push. This will not work in a vacuum

My conclusion is similar to the shitty article.

I read the paper. The "thrust" they measured was the same magnitude (not even 2x, but the same) as instrumental noise.

The famous BICEP2 result was also bullshit, and it was published in a much much more prestigious journal. I called it was bullshit on day one when it came out.

It doesn't actually work.

Fuck off warhammer fag. You guys are as bad as jews with your thread pollution.

You have to go back to reddit. Pepe is a chan meme.

Nice D&C'ing you're doing (((user))).

They've tested it in a vacuum… It still produced thrust within the vacuum.

Then why not just use the energy from the ultracapacitors? Why add an extra step with inefficiencies?

i'm working on a project with a magnetron….but it's going to have a more practical application than intrastellar propulsion.

Not enough info. If we assume this is describing a moment in time in which the system has settled with all pressures and temperatures constant across the whole system, and we assume that the blue represents a fluid (most likely water) and that white represents air then the answer is A.

If we instead assume that the white areas represent ice dams, the answer could be any of them.

And this is all based on assumptions that your question even deals with water levels. Maybe your question is: Which of these pictures most resembles a jelly donut?

I like how you think.

be careful! you probably aware of shielding yourself from radiation like most people, but did you know that small "ceramic" looking ring which insulate short antenna from metal case is made from one of the most cancerous and toxic stuff on Earth - beryllium ?, If you scratch that ring or brake it apart run the fuck away and don't breath it in
youtube.com/watch?v=4Zev8Ws4P1Y

It could still be the plasma drive required to move the ship. Warp drive just gets you into Event Horizon land. I just hope they are required to have some kind of glowing exhaust.

Photons are not mass-less. Discharging yuuuuuge numbers of photons should be like discharging particles.

Just because Mr.Nobody called it bullshit doesn't make it unfeasible.

Holla Forums pls

My thoughts exactly.

I have researched the EM Drive casually and it appears most likely to be bullshit. The jury is still out, but it is most likely bullshit.

Very, very interesting topic though.

Some essential reading:

This entire blog (Pro)

physicsfromtheedge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/mihsc-101.html

This user's post history (Anti)

reddit.com/user/crackpot_killer

This entire thread (Pro/Anti)

forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=37642.0

Btw, I personally know a guy working on one of those projects, they're all competing for funding and investment, so they all make those kind of claims when others do. They all have research guys looking at the competition.

The Lockheed one's been running tests for something like 50 years now, but really the modern fusion reactor is a last 20 years project, they say it'll be ready in 10 years, but fuck knows if they'll manage it and even then it might not be economically viable. Which is the problem really, with falling oil prices there's little incentive to bring out the technology now anyhow besides being the first to perfect it and get government contracts, of which is why there is government funding.

There could be some level of holding back, like intel and their chip monopoly, but that's the nature of industry, eventually the other will catch up.

That's a giant fucking scam that's been going on for decades. It will never work, but they will keep asking for more and more money.

I rrally don't like the idea of it really, what I want to know is what is the maximum amount of acceleration possible, because if it existed and could keep accelerating at 1g for a year, we'd have created the capacity for relatavistic weapons to explode the earth in one hit.

Personally I think it can work eventually, but I think it will be EXTREMELY expensive to run. The energy to start it is currently too high and the reaction doesn't last long enough before it threatens to melt the design to get that energy back.

Go have fun with this.
hackaday.io/project/5596-em-drive

The simulations and science indicate it works.
All that's left to do is proper experiments in space, and there's multiple people working to launch cubesats with experimental engines.

If this works, it would give credence to the idea that we can harness gravity for propulsion.

Really nigger?

Couldn't you generate even MORE thrust by capping the big end and forcing it all out the small one?

Nevermind it's a closed cone.

This seems kinda useless tbh. Out in space there is an assload of solar/radioactive energy laying around, just harness that with some chink solar panels and use it to produce a particle beam to shoot out the ass end of your spaceship. Particle goes out, ship goes forward, particle goes off and hits some shit planet full of kikes and holocausts them, everybody wins.

Bullshit, in deep space, there are maybe 100 or so particles per cubic meter, that is not anything close to what would be needed to propel a space craft. Nearly all solar sail concepts I read about depend on a type 2 civilization with a supermassive laser powered by an entire fucking sun shooting a laser beam over several lightyears as propulsion. I will admit EM drive is super weak as is so its value is in leading to further discoveries or in its ability to be scaled for further propulsion power. The first applications of electricity could barely power a lightbulb and nowadays they can propel electric cars or even electric rail trains at 90+ mph. It still has promise IMO.

That is what various faggots have said about literally every scientific endeavor in history, flying machines are foolish, automobiles are futile, reaching escape velocity is impossible, etc. And fusion reactors are certainly possible but have enormous engineering difficulties. Considering over $1 trillion is spent subsidizing fossil fuels while fusion research gets a pathetic $20 billion a year in funding despite its yuge potential and incremental gains (express.co.uk/news/science/642213/Scientists-move-one-step-closer-to-creating-Sun-s-energy-on-EARTH-after-breakthrough) to call it a "scam" is ridiculous.
Defeatists and luddites are anti-white.

We already have the ability to make relativistic weapons, they would require most of the fissile materials on the planet and trillions in funding but nuclear pulse propulsion can reach 0.25C if given enough time and reactions to accelerate.

Yes I'm sure it will work if we just fund it for another decade or 5.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photon#Experimental_checks_on_photon_mass

Not saying this phenomenon isn't real, but "force" is a very poor choice of words for now.

Just realized that "force" meant the momentum transferred to the copper cone and thus allowing the copper cone to exert a force. My mistake, but that image is still baby-tier.

It's the force of the microwaves bouncing off the cone that propels it.

Say momentum m8, you're triggering me.